PDA

View Full Version : How have I not seen this before now?

Leroy Jenkins
09-01-2016, 12:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFbW6Sr5-Y8&feature=youtu.be

blacklistedbully
09-01-2016, 12:46 AM
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. So damned proud of Dak.

Statecoachingblows**
09-01-2016, 06:05 AM
Somewhat on topic:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/greg-cosells-qb-study-is-dak-prescott-ready-to-shine-142022785.html

lastmajordog
09-01-2016, 06:41 AM
The video of the Cowboy coaches when they picked and called Dak to tell him is very impressive. They were so genuinely happy and EXCITED including Jerry Jones, They knew that had stolen the prize....

Jack Lambert
09-01-2016, 08:00 AM
So think how happy they are now that he's the starter.

Leroy Jenkins
09-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Sometimes things work out as they should.

ScoobaDawg
09-01-2016, 04:46 PM
The video of the Cowboy coaches when they picked and called Dak to tell him is very impressive. They were so genuinely happy and EXCITED including Jerry Jones, They knew that had stolen the prize....

You believe that. Jerry is an snake oil sales person who excels as turning bullshit lies into believable stories. Jerry wanted to trade up twice for a different qb and got lucky as hell when Dak fell in his lap.

maroonmania
09-01-2016, 04:58 PM

Wait, I thought the story was that they tried to make deals with multiple different teams to move up and get Lynch or even some other QB but those deals fell through? It was not my understanding that they were all in on Dak.

RocketDawg
09-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Wait, I thought the story was that they tried to make deals with multiple different teams to move up and get Lynch or even some other QB but those deals fell through? It was not my understanding that they were all in on Dak.

Yeah, that's what I remember too. It was beginning to seem doubtful that he would even get drafted. I don't remember them going head over heels for him ... if they were, they would have done it a lot sooner. But that's water under the bridge ... he's there now and so far has done well. Let's hope he plays well enough this year for his salary to increase by an order of magnitude next year.

lastmajordog
09-01-2016, 10:17 PM
“Sometimes people belong together”....look at the smiles and handshakes from the owner to the coaches......and tell me they weren’t tickled pink ....

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/04/30/secret-audio-dak-prescott-gets-drafted-dallas

Liverpooldawg
09-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Thanks for sharing that. I haven't really cared about or even followed the NFL in a long time, I'm a high school and college guy. I'll keep up with the Cowboys this year.

msbulldog
09-02-2016, 06:25 AM
Yeah, that's what I remember too. It was beginning to seem doubtful that he would even get drafted. I don't remember them going head over heels for him ... if they were, they would have done it a lot sooner. But that's water under the bridge ... he's there now and so far has done well. Let's hope he plays well enough this year for his salary to increase by an order of magnitude next year.

I'm not sure, but under the current CBA, I think he's stuck with that salary for 3 years.

parabrave
09-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Read the comments at the bottom of the story. Think those idiots will be eating their words in a few weeks.

IMissJack
09-02-2016, 09:21 AM
I'm not sure, but under the current CBA, I think he's stuck with that salary for 3 years.

IF Dak came out and played all world, they may want to do something to tie him up for a number of years, rather than letting him go Fee Agent after 3. However, that is a long way down the line, and Dak needs to concentrate only on taking it one snap at a time right now.

mparkerfd20
09-02-2016, 10:14 AM
I hadn't seen that either. Really, thanks for sharing that. Good start to a good weekend.