PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss The Season Series

BeastMan
08-31-2016, 08:22 PM
Just watched the trailer and its appears this season will have a strong emphasis on outside of football. If you've never seen it, it's incredibly well done and their version of hard knocks. It looks like they are going for the heart strings this year showing how OM is the most virtuos, loving, life-changing program in sports. Actually incredibly smart with the trouble they're in. Control the message and make the fans fall back in love with the staff and go all-in. They use this series as a recruiting tool and it works wonders. This year it will recruit the fanbase that's on the fence with anxiety just as much as prospects. Amazing how well they control the message through numerous tools.

msstate7
08-31-2016, 08:28 PM
You think the NCAA is gonna watch it and say let's let em make it? I don't and therefore I don't think it will make one difference come judgement day.

I love the idea of the show though

BeastMan
08-31-2016, 08:32 PM
You think the NCAA is gonna watch it and say let's let em make it? I don't and therefore I don't think it will make one difference come judgement day.

I love the idea of the show though

Naw. NCAA don't care. It will get the fanbase bought back in. Ya the idea is brilliant. They sell "being on a tv show" to recruits and it works out very well for them with this generation. They have targets watch the show as the season progresses and it keeps them engaged in OM in a way they can't with other programs. It's their own hard knocks.

Todd4State
08-31-2016, 08:33 PM
Once football starts I think their fans will put the investigation on the backburner and some will do like the guy that runs the Spirit and choose to bury their heads in the sand.

The problem is they are going to constantly hear about the investigation the whole year and every time they play football it will get mentioned during the game.

msstate7
08-31-2016, 08:36 PM
Naw. NCAA don't care. It will get the fanbase bought back in. Ya the idea is brilliant. They sell "being on a tv show" to recruits and it works out very well for them with this generation. They have targets watch the show as the season progresses and it keeps them engaged in OM in a way they can't with other programs. It's their own hard knocks.

I watched an episode last year and it was really good show with a terrible cast haha

anubus
08-31-2016, 08:36 PM
cant wait til the final episode when they show The Dawgs turning vaught hemingway into a stomping ground and the beaver,tuhoy,and the rest of the outlaws as they turn on each other like rats in order to save their arses. Jerry Springer should narrate that special episode.

msstate7
08-31-2016, 08:40 PM
cant wait til the final episode when they show The Dawgs turning vaught hemingway into a stomping ground and the beaver,tuhoy,and the rest of the outlaws as they turn on each other like rats in order to save their arses. Jerry Springer should narrate that special episode.

The best episode will be next season's offseason episode. Hopefully severe scholarship reductions, postseason ban, and freeze getting a show cause

fmbdawg17
08-31-2016, 09:06 PM
Has anyone seen Relentless? It's our version of the Season. Last year was its first year.

I just watched the first episode of OM's The Season. Can confirm, it's VERY well done and very convincing. It almost had me, but then I pictured what those guys were doing during their recruiting visits.

missouridawg
08-31-2016, 09:23 PM
Has anyone seen Relentless? It's our version of the Season. Last year was its first year.

I just watched the first episode of OM's The Season. Can confirm, it's VERY well done and very convincing. It almost had me, but then I pictured what those guys were doing during their recruiting visits.

While watching the Fred Ross catch GIF of this poster.... Notice the very start of the sequence at the bottom... Derunnya putting a hurtin on a poor Arky DB. Damn, I can't believe he isn't playing this year.

BeardoMSU
08-31-2016, 09:57 PM
I watched an episode last year and it was really good show with a terrible cast haha

Smokey and the Bandit 3?

PassInterference
08-31-2016, 10:13 PM
While watching the Fred Ross catch GIF of this poster.... Notice the very start of the sequence at the bottom... Derunnya putting a hurtin on a poor Arky DB. Damn, I can't believe he isn't playing this year.

Bear made a career of blocking the shit out of DBs. Downfield blocks create big plays. We're gonna miss that.

I seen it dawg
08-31-2016, 10:25 PM
Is this really real?

EngDawg
08-31-2016, 10:31 PM
Just watched the trailer and its appears this season will have a strong emphasis on outside of football. If you've never seen it, it's incredibly well done and their version of hard knocks. It looks like they are going for the heart strings this year showing how OM is the most virtuos, loving, life-changing program in sports. Actually incredibly smart with the trouble they're in. Control the message and make the fans fall back in love with the staff and go all-in. They use this series as a recruiting tool and it works wonders. This year it will recruit the fanbase that's on the fence with anxiety just as much as prospects. Amazing how well they control the message through numerous tools.

Four legs good, two legs BETTER!

SDDawg
08-31-2016, 11:00 PM
Screw their garbage asses.

BeastMan
09-01-2016, 08:28 AM
Is this really real?

Yep and been going for years

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-01-2016, 08:36 AM
This must be why I can't find a single article or story on Chad Kelly, they spent all their time on The Season...or they're embarrassed by him. Can you think of another player that who was supposed to be in the running for the Heisman and hasn't done a single interview in the off season leading up to the first game?

archdog
09-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Once football starts I think their fans will put the investigation on the backburner and some will do like the guy that runs the Spirit and choose to bury their heads in the sand.

The problem is they are going to constantly hear about the investigation the whole year and every time they play football it will get mentioned during the game.

It is our responsibility to mention their investigation on every OM thread. For instance lets say they beat FSU. The thread should start like the following, "The Rebels, although facing the strictest NCAA sanctions since SMU, lucked into a victory on the road against FSU this past weekend. The cheating on the recruiting trail is starting to pay off for the self proclaimed doing it the right way coaching staff. After years of cheating the ACT system, the promising players and coaches finally won a game of consequence other than a game like Bama where the competition was asleep and playing a backup qb. Let's see how they respond when perenial powerhouse Memphis and Vandy come to town." Last year they gave them fits.

You know, stuff like that. Just write as if you were a CL writer talking about MSU. Should be easy.

BulldogBear
09-01-2016, 09:58 AM

This is one reason why I've always been mildly surprised that the NCAA doesn't consider something like this to be an unfair recruiting advantage.

I seen it dawg
09-01-2016, 10:30 AM
This must be why I can't find a single article or story on Chad Kelly, they spent all their time on The Season...or they're embarrassed by him. Can you think of another player that who was supposed to be in the running for the Heisman and hasn't done a single interview in the off season leading up to the first game?

They scared to death his thug English gonna come out and he's gonna say some shit he's not supposed to. Add fuel to the inferno the NCAA has already lit.

Liverpooldawg
09-01-2016, 11:10 AM
If I was an NCAA investigator and I watched that with all that is going on I would be pissed.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-01-2016, 11:21 AM
They scared to death his thug English gonna come out and he's gonna say some shit he's not supposed to. Add fuel to the inferno the NCAA has already lit.

I don't blame them...he's so jacked up on amphetamines during and just after the game, there's no telling what will come out of his mouth.

Jack Lambert
09-01-2016, 12:59 PM

and every time they win they will hear the word "cheaters" and every time they lose they will hear, "need to get money back".

MaroonDawg25
09-01-2016, 02:12 PM
The first 6 mins of The Season were good. The recap of last year was well done. As soon as the announcer/commentator comes in it goes down hill. I've never liked the announcer though at least they didn't use him as much as they used to. I think Relentless is on the same level but that's just me.

msujan
09-01-2016, 02:24 PM

He SHOULDN'T do an interview because he not articulate, sounds less than intelligent, and could choke on the marbles he sucks on 24/7/365. Not to mention, there are times when he's altered.