08-31-2016, 08:32 AM
https://twitter.com/yahooforde/status/770952523075104768

About halfway down the page

KentuckyDawg13
08-31-2016, 08:34 AM
Ha!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-31-2016, 08:45 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-yard-dash-000000224.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Yahoo Sports reported last week that the NCAA’s investigation of Mississippi (15) has broadened in scope within the last month, with Enforcement representatives visiting SEC West rivals Auburn (16) and Mississippi State (17) – and possibly at least one other school – to interview players there who were recruited by the Rebels.

Sources told Yahoo that those players were offered immunity from potential sanctions in exchange for telling the truth about their recruitment at Ole Miss. While that’s become a more standard investigative tool for the NCAA – and one used frequently in the American judicial system – it also poses some potential issues.

For one thing, immunity does not equal anonymity. Those players could face backlash from Ole Miss fans. For another, if they took inducements from Mississippi but signed or transferred elsewhere, what did they receive from their current schools? And would that immunity transfer to dropping a dime on their own program? Thirdly, would there be any institutional pressure on those players to embellish what happened, in order to hammer a vulnerable rival?

The NCAA and SEC both have a lot at stake in the Ole Miss investigation. If it weren’t for two aggrieved parties fragging star Rebels offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil (18), the NCAA would have whiffed on a slew of violations involving one of the high-profile recruits it allegedly monitors with special vigor. Now the organization needs to show it can identify a shady deal on its own. And if Mississippi escapes serious sanctions – which seems less and less likely – the response around the SEC could lead to an escalation of recruiting that throws the league back into the old, anything-goes days.

The NCAA needs to get this one right. If granting immunity helps that happen, fine. But there are some land mines to navigate along the way.

MadDawg
08-31-2016, 09:07 AM
"If it weren’t for two aggrieved parties fragging star Rebels offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil (18), the NCAA would have whiffed on a slew of violations involving one of the high-profile recruits it allegedly monitors with special vigor. Now the organization needs to show it can identify a shady deal on its own."

This is something I think some folks miss, I know I didn't get it at first. That draft night fiasco was not only incredibly embarrassing to ole miss, it was both embarrassing and a slap in the face to the NCAA. They were all but wrapping up their investigation, and then this comes to light on national TV. Talk about making you look incompetent. It would be like a DA deciding to offer a lesser charge after a long, frustrating investigation only to have the perp do an interview a week before trial and give a confession. Fortunately for the NCAA, they still have the opportunity to correct their mistake. And I think they are more than motivated to show ole miss and the rest of college football that embarrassing the NCAA is probably not the best move, especially when you are already under investigation.

PassInterference
08-31-2016, 09:16 AM
There is corruption under every leaf on that campus. One leaf gets turned over and reveals stuff. Then another leaf, then another leaf. Everywhere one looks there are arrows pointing to more things in other places.

mic
08-31-2016, 09:44 AM
There is corruption under every leaf on that campus. One leaf gets turned over and reveals stuff. Then another leaf, then another leaf. Everywhere one looks there are arrows pointing to more things in other places.

That's the reason the NCAA has been camping out there the past few years.. Shit I'm sure they want to wrap this up but like you said ever time a leaf is turned over new stuff is found..

JDog13
08-31-2016, 10:02 AM
I'm hearing one of the sanctions is clearing the grove so the trees won't obstruct the news watch towers.

DancingRabbit
08-31-2016, 10:07 AM
I'm hearing one of the sanctions is clearing the grove so the trees won't obstruct the news watch towers.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/51/51a01ccaf34182ed137cd02e6f5427da8bb56e1497d6835c58 111b0cf5da8d66.jpg

turkish
08-31-2016, 10:22 AM
"If it weren’t for two aggrieved parties fragging star Rebels offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil (18), the NCAA would have whiffed on a slew of violations involving one of the high-profile recruits it allegedly monitors with special vigor. Now the organization needs to show it can identify a shady deal on its own."

This is something I think some folks miss, I know I didn't get it at first. That draft night fiasco was not only incredibly embarrassing to ole miss, it was both embarrassing and a slap in the face to the NCAA. They were all but wrapping up their investigation, and then this comes to light on national TV. Talk about making you look incompetent. It would be like a DA deciding to offer a lesser charge after a long, frustrating investigation only to have the perp do an interview a week before trial and give a confession. Fortunately for the NCAA, they still have the opportunity to correct their mistake. And I think they are more than motivated to show ole miss and the rest of college football that embarrassing the NCAA is probably not the best move, especially when you are already under investigation.
Yep, and if the NCAA was incompetent for the first 3 years of the investigation, what makes me believe they'll magically figure things out the last 6 months? I still think UOM won't get what they deserve.

starkvegasdawg
08-31-2016, 10:41 AM
Yep, and if the NCAA was incompetent for the first 3 years of the investigation, what makes me believe they'll magically figure things out the last 6 months? I still think UOM won't get what they deserve.

Not sure I'd call the NCAA incompetent. They found enough to levy several level 1 violations despite the well oiled machine the network is at covering stuff up. Draft night, was just a weak point that got exposed and let some more dirt escape that brought the NCAA right back in. Before the NCAA might actually have believed TSUN was providing exemplary cooperation and going to let it go with what they found so far, but after the gas mask ran his mouth they realized that was all BS and came back and jumped in with both feet determined to stomp a mudhole in that program and walk it dry. That's what brought to light all the new violations and when they realized what level of cheating they were looking at they dropped the immunity bomb to make sure they found all the cockroaches trying to hide in the dark.

LockeDawg
08-31-2016, 11:13 AM
IMO, the draft night text messages proved that OM wasn't 100% forthcoming with the NCAA investigators. In fact, the NCAA may feel like OM lied to them. When evidence of the Asst AD directing a player on who to contact about payments surfaced on national TV, I'm sure the NCAA investigators were pissed.

turkish
08-31-2016, 11:19 AM
Not sure I'd call the NCAA incompetent. They found enough to levy several level 1 violations despite the well oiled machine the network is at covering stuff up. Draft night, was just a weak point that got exposed and let some more dirt escape that brought the NCAA right back in. Before the NCAA might actually have believed TSUN was providing exemplary cooperation and going to let it go with what they found so far, but after the gas mask ran his mouth they realized that was all BS and came back and jumped in with both feet determined to stomp a mudhole in that program and walk it dry. That's what brought to light all the new violations and when they realized what level of cheating they were looking at they dropped the immunity bomb to make sure they found all the cockroaches trying to hide in the dark.
Not to be argumentative, but the NOA had zilch in it about Chris Jones -- who I've been led to believe had ALL the goods. Chris Jones was interviewed, what, 2 years ago, presumably the same way these guys have been interviewed recently. Not sure why I should expect these interviews to be magically fruitful.

Now, the evidence does seem to be piling up. But I can't help but think they're gonna get about 25% of what they deserve. Or 25% of what we'd get from similar shenanigans.

mic
08-31-2016, 11:21 AM

It took them almost 4 years to drop the hammer on USCw.. the time frame with Umiss is right on course.. also Umiss has a lot more shit for the NCAA to deal with than USCw did..

msstate7
08-31-2016, 11:23 AM
Not to be argumentative, but the NOA had zilch in it about Chris Jones -- who I've been led to believe had ALL the goods. Chris Jones was interviewed, what, 2 years ago, presumably the same way these guys have been interviewed recently. Not sure why I should expect these interviews to be magically fruitful.

Now, the evidence does seem to be piling up. But I can't help but think they're gonna get about 25% of what they deserve. Or 25% of what we'd get from similar shenanigans.

Chris jones may not have had immunity

turkish
08-31-2016, 11:28 AM
Fair point

M.Fillmore
08-31-2016, 11:33 AM
"If it weren?t for two aggrieved parties fragging star Rebels offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil (18), the NCAA would have whiffed on a slew of violations involving one of the high-profile recruits it allegedly monitors with special vigor. Now the organization needs to show it can identify a shady deal on its own."

The reason I think the Bears are toast is the national media has turned on the Bears and due to the Draft Night fiasco. If the pressure was on the Bears, then they are skillful enough to obfuscate this info a victory.

The pressure is no longer on the Bears. Now the pressure is on the NCAA and their relevancy is at stake. This is why I believe the penalties will be on the high end or beyond.

spbdawg
08-31-2016, 11:59 AM
#