PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else see the hypocrisy of the NFL. Allowing Kapernakus to sit out Anthem.

RougeDawg
08-30-2016, 02:19 PM
With no issues, but would not allow Cowboys to wear a patch this season to honor the 5 fallen Dallas police officers? They can wear during preseason but cannot during season. The treatment of these two issues should tell anyone with half a brain, the state of our nation, and where we are headed if something doesn't change. We keep down this path of PC and people getting offended and we will soon have no football or some two hand touch BS.

Jack Lambert
08-30-2016, 02:28 PM
Yes and that is all.

Beaver
08-30-2016, 02:29 PM
Clay Travis brought up an interesting point yesterday. What would happen if a white player sat out the anthem because he can't support a country that promotes gay marriage and/or abortion?

Political Hack
08-30-2016, 02:32 PM
Clay Travis brought up an interesting point yesterday. What would happen if a white player sat out the anthem because he can't support a country that promotes gay marriage and/or abortion?

Freedom of speech. You let him roll. Same with Kap.

The NFL made a mistake about the uniform issue. They should've found some compromise at least even if it is a violation of the uniform policy.

Maroonthirteen
08-30-2016, 02:33 PM
I have no idea what this country stands for anymore.

Maroonthirteen
08-30-2016, 02:34 PM
Freedom of speech. You let him roll. Same with Kap.

The NFL made a mistake about the uniform issue. They should've found some compromise at least even if it is a violation of the uniform policy.

There is NO WAY....a white guy taking a stance against homosexuality would be allowed to "roll" along.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-30-2016, 02:36 PM

My guess is he would be suspended by his team.

BB30
08-30-2016, 02:55 PM
No doubt he would be suspended and probably fined by the NFL.

Political Hack
08-30-2016, 03:24 PM
There is NO WAY....a white guy taking a stance against homosexuality would be allowed to "roll" along.

Yeah. He can. He has the same constitutional protections as anyone else. Personally, I'd rip him for being an ignorant homophobe, but that doesn't mean I don't think he'd have the right to voice his opinion.

ckDOG
08-30-2016, 03:32 PM
My response get deleted?

Jack Lambert
08-30-2016, 03:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuGFlP5Duuw

I remember when this song came out and it was about how England has changed. Now we are at the same cross road as they were back then.

Quaoarsking
08-30-2016, 04:16 PM

Most people supporting Kaepernick would be condemning this hypothetical player and most people who are furiously angry and screaming about Kaepernick the loudest would be applauding him. The loudest people tend to be the most hypocritical, regardless of what side of the aisle they're on.

Meanwhile, the reasonable, calm people who think Kaepernick is being moronic but aren't foaming at the mouth about it would also think said hypothetical player is a moron.

Quaoarsking
08-30-2016, 04:18 PM

Maybe times have changed, but remember how the NFL fired and blackballled Chris Kluwe for being outspoken in support of gay marriage/equality while Adrian Peterson received little blowback for opposing it (the little coming from fans, not the league or front offices)

ETA- and obviously Dallas should be allowed to wear a patch for the officers. The NFL blew that decision.

M.Fillmore
08-30-2016, 04:38 PM
Maybe times have changed, but remember how the NFL fired and blackballled Chris Kluwe for being outspoken in support of gay marriage/equality

Maybe no one remembers it because it never happened. The Vikings cut Kluwe and went with a younger player (5th round pick), which happens all the time in the NFL. Kluwe caught on with the Oakland Raiders but he didn't make the final cut. It is not like the Raiders have ever been afraid to sign players viewed as on the edge.

ScoobaDawg
08-30-2016, 05:02 PM
With no issues, but would not allow Cowboys to wear a patch this season to honor the 5 fallen Dallas police officers? They can wear during preseason but cannot during season. The treatment of these two issues should tell anyone with half a brain, the state of our nation, and where we are headed if something doesn't change. We keep down this path of PC and people getting offended and we will soon have no football or some two hand touch BS.

Nope.. I see the difference. One is a constitutional protected right. the other is a professional uniform regulated by the league. Now if the Cowboys all wanted to get tattoos on their bodies that would be different. Do I think what the league did is right? Nope. And if Jerry had balls and wasn't up to his eyes in the leagues ass they would do it and dare the NFL to fine them and then pay any fine to show how dumb it is.

Liverpooldawg
08-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Aren't employers allowed to regulate your behavior when you are at the workplace and actually working? If the NFL wanted to tell him he has to stand for the anthem I think they could. Of course it would be a lightning rod for lawyers and the usual chattering class.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-30-2016, 06:16 PM
Yeah. He can. He has the same constitutional protections as anyone else. Personally, I'd rip him for being an ignorant homophobe, but that doesn't mean I don't think he'd have the right to voice his opinion.

Nothing could be done by the government, the NFL could do as they see fit though.

Maroonthirteen
08-30-2016, 09:57 PM
Yes, the NFL could but they won't. The least resistive path is to allow him to do whatever he wants. However there will be many police officers there to protect him from crazy fans. Homeland security works everyday across the globe to protect our sporting venues from terrorist attacks but....let's Pat this ass clown on the back. Why? Because the NFL, team owners and coach have no balls.

dawgs
08-31-2016, 01:41 AM

The hilarious hypocrisy of bringing up "this path of PC" while bashing a guy for doing something you disagree with. By complaining aren't you getting offended? :confused:

dawgs
08-31-2016, 01:50 AM
Most people supporting Kaepernick would be condemning this hypothetical player and most people who are furiously angry and screaming about Kaepernick the loudest would be applauding him. The loudest people tend to be the most hypocritical, regardless of what side of the aisle they're on.

Meanwhile, the reasonable, calm people who think Kaepernick is being moronic but aren't foaming at the mouth about it would also think said hypothetical player is a moron.

The people I've seen calling kaep a moron have often been far from "calm, reasonable people". Calm, reasonable people could have a nuance conversation about race, police tactics, violence, etc., which is largely incapable for most of the country to talk about without resorting to name calling, Internet memes, and indignation. Agree or disagree with kaep, but you can't say that he didn't eloquently state his point in a well reasoned manner when questioned about it. Of course a lot of the problem is that most people can't disagree with someone while also understanding their point and respecting their stance. If you disagree with someone, then there's no way for them to adequately explain their stance, which is one of the biggest problems in this country these days and seems to get worse with the Internet giving people an echo chamber of memes to rile up their faux outrage. Can't let someone else be more pissed than you are.

TUSK
08-31-2016, 01:55 AM
Yall need to lay off KK.... his ignorance and/or lie is no greater than this:

or this:

dawgs
08-31-2016, 02:08 AM
Those saying a white player sitting down to protest gay marriage, that's promoting discrimination. No different than if a white (or black) player sat down in protest of the legalization of interracial marriage or to protest women's suffrage. Not allowing 2 consenting adults to make a decision to marry and not giving them the rights of a married couple is discrimination, pure and simple. You can disagree with their choice of spouse, but you aren't the one marrying the other person, so what's it matter to you. I know plenty of straight folks that have gotten married to people I would've never married either.

Point being, promoting discrimination is far different from bringing a spotlight to a social injustice kaep believes exists, whether you think it exists or not.

Joe Schmedlap
08-31-2016, 07:23 AM

What's that saying...
It stands for nothing, so it falls for anything.

Oleo
08-31-2016, 07:43 AM
What bugs me most about Kaepernick is that he is using the celebrity of the NFL to make his protest. The NFL is a brand
and they have worked hard to build it. There are 52 other guys out there who busted their butts to make it on a NFL team and Kaepernick is stealing their collective celebrity. I dont think players should be allowed to piggy back off the NFL brand to make social protest. If he wants to go on Rachael Maddow and talk about his views, then so be it. He would be using his own celebrity to draw attention, not the celebrity of the NFL brand

K9 Avenger
08-31-2016, 07:52 AM
Can't believe no one sees the irony in the left wing loon Kaepernick wearing a Fidel Castro t-shirt while whining about freedom and liberty....

Oleo
08-31-2016, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I saw him wearing the tshirt... shows his stupidity. Also, he was once fined for calling someone a N* during a game

Finally, his own mom...“There’s ways to make change w/o disrespecting & bringing shame to the very country & family who afforded you so many blessings”

DudyDawg
08-31-2016, 08:17 AM
I think, just like the BLM, his protest would probably benefit from him using specifics. Saying "people are oppressed and things should change" is not an actual call to action. Makes his protest seem empty and attention seeking. And, like BLM, he should probably read some statistics regarding police shootings instead of making sweeping generalities off of hot button media cases.

drunkernhelldawg
08-31-2016, 08:20 AM
I hate these kinds of comparisons. All they do is stir up a sense of unfairness based on a false equivalency. It's the same kind of thing as resentment toward people using SNAP benefits because other people have to pay for their groceries. I in no way support him sitting for the anthem because I think of patriotism as a duty of citizenship. There's a good piece today in the Sun Herald about Chris Jackson/Abdul-Rauf making the same decision in the 90's and the consequences of that decision. I'll put the link here, but you may not be able to read without a sub. I'm sure most of you know that he's from Gulfport. I think he lives here now, but not sure. http://www.sunherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/patrick-ochs/article98847212.html

Liverpooldawg
08-31-2016, 08:26 AM
The hilarious hypocrisy of bringing up "this path of PC" while bashing a guy for doing something you disagree with. By complaining aren't you getting offended? :confused:

If he has a right to do what he did then people by all means have a right to bash him for it. Freedom works both ways.

drunkernhelldawg
08-31-2016, 08:27 AM
If he has a right to do what he did then people by all means have a right to bash him for it. Freedom works both ways.

Exactly right. One is accountable for one's decisions and behavior.

lamont
08-31-2016, 08:31 AM
Kap wearing the Castro shirt shows what a dumb mf'er he really is. It also shows the intelligence of a large amount of the people you are dealing with jumping on this bandwagon.

Coach 57
08-31-2016, 09:27 AM
Kap definitely had a right to do what he did, say what he said and wear what he wore. Two things though.

1.) Where was Kim Davis' SAME rights in Kentucky? And before you say discrimination against same sex couples let me remind you STILL the state of Kentucky does NOT (as well as most states) recognize sodomy based marriage as a LEGAL UNION. So she did NOT break the law rather UPHELD the state she's employed by's law. And before you mention the SCOTUS ruling from June over a year ago, they CAN NOT MAKE LAWS! Only Congress can make law, they can only rule on the Constitution. The 1st amendment really (in today's standards) only matters when it is tag lined Vs Christian Faith. As far as Kap goes, although he had (and has) the right to do what he did he should be reprimanded by a league that has mostly embraced the soldiers that FIGHT FOR the rights mentioned. My employer will one day NO DOUBT have to fire me because I share Christ with those at my job. And I have the right to do it, but (as someone said above) when at work I represent an employer....but I also represent my Employer (God) as well.

And before someone calls me homophobic, you don't even know me. I'm anti-sexual immorality of ALL KINDS....including the kind the church has tried to keep quiet on (unbiblical divorce, adultery & sex before marriage). The fact that we have 2 candidates running for president as well as the current one and don't know constitutional law is ridiculous. We are a nation of ignorance run by ignorant leaders who one want to make our nation more & more PC.

2.) What about the pastors rights to their sermons not long ago? When they were ORDERED (again judicial over-reach) to send in their sermons notes (in Texas I believe). Where were their rights? And before you spout "separation of church & state" let me remind you the founders wrote that to keep the STATE OUT OF THE CHURCH.....NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND as the left loves to mention.

Just a few thoughts, I won't bash Kap and say he's "un-American" but I will say that there have been times where I am personally convicted of repeating the national anthem because this nation is NOT "one nation under God", rather a nation CHALK FULL of little gods (idols) that we worship DAILY! And one of the greatest and largest is SELF, narcissism. Self adoration & glorification. We sit in our pews on Saturday afternoon (or morning or night) during the fall and "worship" the god of football across this nation. We bend our knees to ESPN before we go to bed late Saturday night or the wee hours of Sunday morning & worship the deity of pigskin all the while claiming to be "wise" throwing away tailgate food at our tailgate parties that would feed an entire small village for a week. So I do (somewhat) agree with him very minutely.

But it's not our soldier's fault that they serve, died for a nation of idols. So yes I stand, I place mt hand over my heart and out of love for those families who've suffered loss that I've never met & the law enforcement officer's families who have ALSO lost I do say the anthem. And then I get back to work being "salt & light" for the Lord consoling & loving on those who're hurting & are weary no matter their sexual orientation, sin, religion or color of their skin. Because that's what made this nation what it WAS FOUNDED ON.

BeardoMSU
08-31-2016, 09:34 AM
I'm anti-sexual immorality of ALL KINDS....

Blow-jobs are awesome, dude***

sleepy dawg
08-31-2016, 09:34 AM
Nope.. I see the difference. One is a constitutional protected right. the other is a professional uniform regulated by the league. Now if the Cowboys all wanted to get tattoos on their bodies that would be different. Do I think what the league did is right? Nope. And if Jerry had balls and wasn't up to his eyes in the leagues ass they would do it and dare the NFL to fine them and then pay any fine to show how dumb it is.

This is the correct answer. I do not see any hypocrisy.

dawgs
08-31-2016, 09:47 AM
This is the correct answer. I do not see any hypocrisy.

The problem is, if you disagree with kaep's whole stance then you have to throw the kitchen sink in your faux outrage, and that includes bashing the NFL, America, political correction, "they", and whatever else you can get irrationally pissed about. People can't be bothered to have a nuanced analysis when there's internet memes to share on Facebook.

drunkernhelldawg
08-31-2016, 10:09 AM
What's that saying...
It stands for nothing, so it falls for anything.

"It" is not beyond the walls. "It" is in the mirror. Hope the picture is clear.

Jack Lambert
08-31-2016, 10:56 AM
"It" is not beyond the walls. "It" is in the mirror. Hope the picture is clear.

I just hope when Trump finishes the wall on the Mexican boarder there is enough material left over to build one between Miss and Alabama.

KB21
08-31-2016, 11:30 AM
Kap definitely had a right to do what he did, say what he said and wear what he wore. Two things though.

1.) Where was Kim Davis' SAME rights in Kentucky? And before you say discrimination against same sex couples let me remind you STILL the state of Kentucky does NOT (as well as most states) recognize sodomy based marriage as a LEGAL UNION. So she did NOT break the law rather UPHELD the state she's employed by's law. And before you mention the SCOTUS ruling from June over a year ago, they CAN NOT MAKE LAWS! Only Congress can make law, they can only rule on the Constitution. The 1st amendment really (in today's standards) only matters when it is tag lined Vs Christian Faith. As far as Kap goes, although he had (and has) the right to do what he did he should be reprimanded by a league that has mostly embraced the soldiers that FIGHT FOR the rights mentioned. My employer will one day NO DOUBT have to fire me because I share Christ with those at my job. And I have the right to do it, but (as someone said above) when at work I represent an employer....but I also represent my Employer (God) as well.

And before someone calls me homophobic, you don't even know me. I'm anti-sexual immorality of ALL KINDS....including the kind the church has tried to keep quiet on (unbiblical divorce, adultery & sex before marriage). The fact that we have 2 candidates running for president as well as the current one and don't know constitutional law is ridiculous. We are a nation of ignorance run by ignorant leaders who one want to make our nation more & more PC.

2.) What about the pastors rights to their sermons not long ago? When they were ORDERED (again judicial over-reach) to send in their sermons notes (in Texas I believe). Where were their rights? And before you spout "separation of church & state" let me remind you the founders wrote that to keep the STATE OUT OF THE CHURCH.....NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND as the left loves to mention.

Just a few thoughts, I won't bash Kap and say he's "un-American" but I will say that there have been times where I am personally convicted of repeating the national anthem because this nation is NOT "one nation under God", rather a nation CHALK FULL of little gods (idols) that we worship DAILY! And one of the greatest and largest is SELF, narcissism. Self adoration & glorification. We sit in our pews on Saturday afternoon (or morning or night) during the fall and "worship" the god of football across this nation. We bend our knees to ESPN before we go to bed late Saturday night or the wee hours of Sunday morning & worship the deity of pigskin all the while claiming to be "wise" throwing away tailgate food at our tailgate parties that would feed an entire small village for a week. So I do (somewhat) agree with him very minutely.

But it's not our soldier's fault that they serve, died for a nation of idols. So yes I stand, I place mt hand over my heart and out of love for those families who've suffered loss that I've never met & the law enforcement officer's families who have ALSO lost I do say the anthem. And then I get back to work being "salt & light" for the Lord consoling & loving on those who're hurting & are weary no matter their sexual orientation, sin, religion or color of their skin. Because that's what made this nation what it WAS FOUNDED ON.

Great post. People have become warped in this country, and I attribute a lot of it to indoctrination in schools. It blows me away that we have babies being killed by abortion but people get more upset at a damn gorilla getting killed.

TUSK
08-31-2016, 11:38 AM
I just hope when Trump finishes the wall on the Mexican boarder there is enough material left over to build one between Miss and Alabama.

Yall'd just dig under it.

ScoobaDawg
09-01-2016, 02:26 AM
What bugs me most about Kaepernick is that he is using the celebrity of the NFL to make his protest. The NFL is a brand
and they have worked hard to build it. There are 52 other guys out there who busted their butts to make it on a NFL team and Kaepernick is stealing their collective celebrity. I dont think players should be allowed to piggy back off the NFL brand to make social protest. If he wants to go on Rachael Maddow and talk about his views, then so be it. He would be using his own celebrity to draw attention, not the celebrity of the NFL brand

He isn't really piggy backing off it. Did he tell the news and ESPN to focus on the issue and make half the sports segments and ESPN shows talk about it? No. But in this day and age of networks looking for controversial matters he gave them one. The TV stations and social media made this is a story. Not him.

ScoobaDawg
09-01-2016, 02:28 AM
Yeah, I saw him wearing the tshirt... shows his stupidity. Also, he was once fined for calling someone a N* during a game

Finally, his own mom...“There’s ways to make change w/o disrespecting & bringing shame to the very country & family who afforded you so many blessings”

Exactly. He is an idiot. Going about it in the wrong way. But it's his right to do so. And it's everyone's right to critic the hell out of him.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-01-2016, 06:17 AM
Kap is an entitled punk who has been listening to his anti-American girlfriend too much.

sleepy dawg
09-01-2016, 11:28 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrO4mHyVIAATO45.jpg:large

ScoobaDawg
09-01-2016, 04:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrO4mHyVIAATO45.jpg:large

But that doesn't get the audience The NFL gets. Again this is media driven and stupid.

RougeDawg
09-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Appears Kapernakus has also been wearing socks that have pigs wearing police hats. Such a dignified appreciative young man. He's so oppressed he's getting paid millions to suck in the NFL.

www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-colin-kaepernicks-practice-socks-appear-to-disrespect-the-police/

sleepy dawg
09-01-2016, 06:56 PM
If the media covered them in the same way they did Colin, everyone would be calling for their resignation, but since the media isn't, the most people don't care.

Keep caring about what the media tells you to care about.