PDA

View Full Version : Minor Wreck - Other Driver claiming injuries

shrimp
08-30-2016, 07:31 AM
My wife was in a fender bender recently. She hit another car from behind, while traveling approx. 5-10 mph. She was at fault, not disputing that. Minor damage to both vehicles - probably $3000 to repair both.

However, when the wreck occurred, the driver of the other car got out of his car and walked around assessing the damage. Right before the police and EMTs showed up, he got back into his car and requested medical attention. They ultimately put a neck a brace on him, put him on a stretcher, and into an ambulance. The likelihood of that wreck causing any injury is extremely low.

What should I expect to come from this? Obviously, I'll pay the deductible and get the vehicles fixed. Should I assume I'm about to get sued for medical issues?

Martianlander
08-30-2016, 07:58 AM
My wife was in a fender bender recently. She hit another car from behind, while traveling approx. 5-10 mph. She was at fault, not disputing that. Minor damage to both vehicles - probably $3000 to repair both.

However, when the wreck occurred, the driver of the other car got out of his car and walked around assessing the damage. Right before the police and EMTs showed up, he got back into his car and requested medical attention. They ultimately put a neck a brace on him, put him on a stretcher, and into an ambulance. The likelihood of that wreck causing any injury is extremely low.

What should I expect to come from this? Obviously, I'll pay the deductible and get the vehicles fixed. Should I assume I'm about to get sued for medical issues?

At this point let your insurance company handle it. Don't get involved unless you have too.

Jack Lambert
08-30-2016, 10:38 AM
That's why you have insurance so you don't have to worry about it. Insurance companies are not stupid they know when something is fake. They have been dealing with this for 90 years.

They are just trying to get money. The fastest way for them to get money is go ask for diminishing value on their vehicle. Depending how old their car is and make and model they could get 1000's extra in money.

Jack Lambert
08-30-2016, 10:40 AM
whoops