PDA

View Full Version : Dak

BB30
08-29-2016, 04:55 PM
I have never really been a huge NFL fan as I am a fan of the Cleveland Browns and they are pretty terrible year in and year out. That being the case, I don't follow rookie QBs very often. What is a realistic expectation for Dak this season as the starter? What would be considered a solid season for a rookie QB? I guess for criteria, team record and statistically.

msstate7
08-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Really hoping Dak can put in an RG3 type rookie year

drunkernhelldawg
08-29-2016, 05:11 PM
I wonder what Dallas will do. I kind of expect them to go ahead and bring in a veteran to back up Dak with Romo out so long. They'd have to cut one if they do that though. I kinda feel that Dak would have been better off with Romo healthy to start. We've got what we've got though, so go Cowboys. Especially linemen and blocking backs.

dawgs
08-29-2016, 05:12 PM
I would think Russell Wilson type rookie numbers are reasonable to expect. They are similar style QBs, dak is bigger, Wilson is faster, but comparable. Both taken in the 4th round. Difference is the Cowboys don't have the Seahawks D from 2012 that allowed Wilson to have excellent team success and not have to play from behind as much as a lot of other QBs. But Wilson also didn't have a dez Bryant caliber WR either. If dak plays a full season, something like 3500ish passing yards, 22-27 TDs, and 10-13 INTs would be a great sign of things to come and firmly establish him as the Cowboys QB for the foreseeable future and one of the up and coming QBs in the NFL. That would be about the ceiling to expect though imo. Maybe even more reasonable is something like jameis winston's rookie season ~4000 yards (playing from behind without a great D) and 22:15 TD:INT ratio, which is a very respectable rookie season.

dawgs
08-29-2016, 05:13 PM
I wonder what Dallas will do. I kind of expect them to go ahead and bring in a veteran to back up Dak with Romo out so long. They'd have to cut one if they do that though. I kinda feel that Dak would have been better off with Romo healthy to start. We've got what we've got though, so go Cowboys. Especially linemen and blocking backs.

"Cut one"? There's no way they'd cut dak, even if he struggles, just so they could keep a mccown brother after romo returns.

drunkernhelldawg
08-29-2016, 05:18 PM
"Cut one"? There's no way they'd cut dak, even if he struggles, just so they could keep a mccown brother after romo returns.

I mean Moore or Showers.They just named Dak their starter, so that's that.

drunkernhelldawg
08-29-2016, 05:19 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/08/28/dak-prescott-being-named-starting-qb

dawgs
08-29-2016, 05:21 PM
I mean Moore or Showers.They just named Dak their starter, so that's that.

Oh I thought you meant "cut one" of dak and the veteran when/if romo returns this year.

lastmajordog
08-29-2016, 07:54 PM
I hope he has a wonderful HEALTHY, VOCAL (ABOUT MSU) year. Beats the shiite muslim out of NY the first week and loses to Saints the rest of the year.......not asking for much.....

SaintDawg
08-29-2016, 08:30 PM
Do not expect Dak to turn water into wine. He's gonna get beat up and he's smart enough to know this. He also knows that there is no better way to learn than be thrown to the wolves. He's in a good spot. The team loves him. The fanbase loves him. He'll have Judy in his ear and his heart. He'll do just fine. Gonna be fun to watch.