PDA

View Full Version : About the time Dak Prescott chastised Dez Bryant (respectfully) in training camp ?

DancingRabbit
08-29-2016, 10:03 AM
Cool story from Peter King

In an 11-on-11 period late in practice, the offense had 10 seconds left to score, and Prescott was the quarterback with the first unit. He passed to Dez Bryant, and Bryant was supposed to out of bounds immediately so the clock would stop or go to the ground so the offense could call a timeout. But Bryant tried to score instead, was stopped, and the clock ran out. Prescott ran to him and said words to this effect: We know you're the best receiver in the world and you MIGHT score, but we can't take that chance. You gotta use your head and get the clock stopped. That's a rookie, talking to Dez Bryant. And Bryant, to his credit acknowledged Prescott was right. Prescott grew a lot in the eyes of the starting offense, and the coaches, that day.

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2016, 10:05 AM
Cool story from Peter King

In an 11-on-11 period late in practice, the offense had 10 seconds left to score, and Prescott was the quarterback with the first unit. He passed to Dez Bryant, and Bryant was supposed to out of bounds immediately so the clock would stop or go to the ground so the offense could call a timeout. But Bryant tried to score instead, was stopped, and the clock ran out. Prescott ran to him and said words to this effect: We know you're the best receiver in the world and you MIGHT score, but we can't take that chance. You gotta use your head and get the clock stopped. That's a rookie, talking to Dez Bryant. And Bryant, to his credit acknowledged Prescott was right. Prescott grew a lot in the eyes of the starting offense, and the coaches, that day.

I just posted the same. Great story.

drunkernhelldawg
08-29-2016, 10:07 AM
wow

lastmajordog
08-29-2016, 10:32 AM
He just keeps on amazing..........

msujan
08-29-2016, 10:37 AM
When Dak attended Big Dawg Camp as a rising senior, he did the same thing on Scott Field: he took control of the situation, became the team's leader that night, and the rest is history. I told a couple of coaches that night that he was an SEC-starting-quarterback. Check! I told him in Mobile during Senior Bowl week that he was an NFL-starting-quarterback. Check! I told him the same thing at the Spring Game this year. Patting myself on the back as we speak...

blacklistedbully
08-29-2016, 10:48 AM
No moment too big for Dak. He's a winner...plain and simple, and works his ass off to stay that way. Nothing seems to intimidate him.