PDA

View Full Version : Did Ben Garrett really say that Ole Miss is no longer cooperating with the NCAA?

Jarius
08-29-2016, 08:12 AM
Someone on SPS says that he recently said that. If he didn't say it then feel free to delete this thread. I have never listened to his podcast so I don't know. If he really did say that, good lord. They have lost their mind.

Leroy Jenkins
08-29-2016, 08:20 AM
No idea what Ben said..... but, he gets his info from Chuck who has no problem trumpeting the lies he has been fed.

starkvegasdawg
08-29-2016, 08:21 AM
Someone on SPS says that he recently said that. If he didn't say it then feel free to delete this thread. I have never listened to his podcast so I don't know. If he really did say that, good lord. They have lost their mind.

They know they're about to get the prison shower treatment so I guess they decided to no fight back. I guess they decided that being lying dicks and trying to cover stuff up while appearing to be cooperating wasn't working so they just decided to be dicks. I'm sure they're little dicks, but dicks nonetheless.

dawggoneit
08-29-2016, 08:39 AM
He had to have misspoke . I think what he meant to say was "OM is now thinking about cooperating with the NCAA."

maroonmania
08-29-2016, 09:19 AM

Did they ever really start???

PassInterference
08-29-2016, 10:02 AM
A week or two ago, Ben Garrett's famously ridiculous rebuttal to a Boneyard podcast suggested Ole Miss should stop cooperating. Ben said he thinks that "exemplary cooperation" has gotten Ole Miss nowhere, so they should instead make this difficult on the NCAA.

So much begging the question here.

First off, Ben is assuming Ole Miss has cooperated in an exemplary manner. Ole Miss, not the NCAA, has claimed exemplary cooperation.

Second, what has Ben every been right about in the NCAA investigation? Women's basketball & track, Houston Nutt, only secondaries, etc...all were lies propagated by Ben Garrett, Chuck Rounsaville, and the like. I don't know if it is those guys or Ole Miss brass that are doing the lying. It doesn't matter.

What does matter is that Ben Garrett, Chuck Rounsaville, et al have consistently been way off base from the truth.

It would be very stupid for Ole Miss to throw hands with the NCAA. All that serves is to make fanbase feel better, which is most likely what's happening.

Take it from Chuck. One rebel fan asked Chuck to demand truth from the OM AD's office. Chuck responded via Twitter that he's find putting out the company line and that he's not interested in finding any dirt on Ole Miss.

So there you have it. We've now got Chuck Rounsaville and Yancy Porter both admitting in writing that they'd rather say what makes fans feel good than report the truth on Ole Miss.