PDA

View Full Version : Theory: Is NFL behind recent uptick in tsun investigation?

MaroonState
08-28-2016, 03:33 PM
Maybe not completely behind. But does anyone think Goodell just let it go after the complete draft night embarrassment? At the minimum I would imagine he or someone under him spoke to the NCAA the next day about tsun and their bullshit. Maybe the NFL even encouraged the NCAA to look a little deeper? Like I said, just a theory.

msstate7
08-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Didn't an om graduate assistant to sexton shut down tunsil's press conference? I would think the nfl didn't appreciate that

youraveragesavage
08-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Doubtful. I'm sure they loved the extra attention. The nfl only cares about the nfl.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 03:40 PM
As much as they love the Manning's- no.

Really Clark?
08-28-2016, 03:43 PM
Didn't an om graduate assistant to sexton shut down tunsil's press conference? I would think the nfl didn't appreciate that

Correct. She was an UNM grad

SDDawg
08-28-2016, 03:46 PM
I don't think the NFL liked the Tunsil press but it's a stretch to assume anything beyond that.

msstate7
08-28-2016, 03:48 PM
Speaking of draft night... Has any journalist asked Hugh why he tucked tail and ran?

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
08-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Speaking of draft night... Has any journalist asked Hugh why he tucked tail and ran?

Nope Not one single question about his speedy exit. But his excuse would probabaly be he forgot that Leave it to Beaver was coming on! Had to hurry up and get to the nearest TV.

Gutter Cobreh
08-28-2016, 08:51 PM
Nope Not one single question about his speedy exit. But his excuse would probabaly be he forgot that Leave it to Beaver was coming on! Had to hurry up and get to the nearest TV.

Nope.

Per the CL: He was on the phone as there was an emergency at the orphanage he supports. Little Emilio apparently clogged up the fresh water line with "Swag for Heisman" shirts that Freezus gave away to all the village while he was down there ministering the week before the draft.***

Jack Lambert
08-28-2016, 09:29 PM
I do think the NFL made Tunsil speak to the NCAA and told him to come clean. That's how they figured out the recruiting method ole miss was using.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
08-28-2016, 09:34 PM
Good one bud!

MaroonState
08-28-2016, 09:42 PM
I do think the NFL made Tunsil speak to the NCAA and told him to come clean. That's how they figured out the recruiting method ole miss was using.

That could be plausible too. I know the NFL likes publicity but they had to have been embarrassed by that whole situation and Freeze's shenanigans.

Homedawg
08-28-2016, 10:17 PM
Omg this thread tops em all. Really

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 10:31 PM
That could be plausible too. I know the NFL likes publicity but they had to have been embarrassed by that whole situation and Freeze's shenanigans.

I don't see why the NFL would care?

mstatefan91
08-28-2016, 10:31 PM
Why in the hell would the NFL care about TSUN's problems?

Treemydawg
08-28-2016, 10:42 PM
Maybe not completely behind. But does anyone think Goodell just let it go after the complete draft night embarrassment? At the minimum I would imagine he or someone under him spoke to the NCAA the next day about tsun and their bullshit. Maybe the NFL even encouraged the NCAA to look a little deeper? Like I said, just a theory.
Shirley you can't be serious???

Jack Lambert
08-28-2016, 11:30 PM
I don't see why the NFL would care?

The NFL may not care but the NCAA might have wanted to interview him and the NFL told him he must come clean. You have to admit that was one of the craziest event to ever take place during the draft.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 11:46 PM
The NFL may not care but the NCAA might have wanted to interview him and the NFL told him he must come clean. You have to admit that was one of the craziest event to ever take place during the draft.

It absolutely was one of the craziest things to ever happen on draft night. No question.

But I don’t think the NFL was behind it.

I think it’s pretty clear what happened. Freeze tried to get Tunsil to use an agent he didn’t want to use and I think Tunsil was pissed about the bong pictures being leaked out on draft night. It’s a mystery as to who leaked those pictures or exactly why but it was clearly someone that wanted to hurt Tunsil’s stock for whatever reason. So he went nuclear on Ole Miss.
That and/or maybe Tunsil was just tired of the whole Ole Miss charade that had been going on for the past 3-4 years and decided to do something about it.

And wasn’t it Neal McCready that asked him if he had been paid by Ole Miss in college? That never made any sense to me. My guess is Tunsil was supposed to say something pre-packaged about how he was not getting paid in college to make everyone look bad about the investigation and just went rogue on Ole Miss instead.

But the NFL doesn’t care where their players come from. They just care if you can win games for whatever team and if they can market you.

tireddawg
08-28-2016, 11:50 PM
Why in the hell would the NFL care about TSUN's problems?

They don't. They care about being embarrassed in front of millions of people. To them it seems as if the NCAA is not competently doing their job, it spilled over on draft night & the NFL doesn't like like that shite.

Reason2succeed
08-29-2016, 12:20 AM
I'm sorry but I disagree with some of you. The NFL cares very deeply about their brand and image. They would be crazy not to. The NFL draft is about making players dreams come true. Players are finally able to provide for their families through the game they love. Watch basically every freaking story line the NFL network shows you. They have a vested interest in being the only professional football league.

If guys are receiving luxury cars,houses and cash and breaking rules in college it looks like there is a semi professional feeder system. That is not as appealing to fans like many of you who want to believe that these kids only got a college education in exchange for their talent and work in college. They don't need programs like OM, USC, Miami or even Ohio State destroying that fantasy. If they don't get caught so be it but when a player comes on the NFL Draft and admits he was hired to play for his college team then the NFL may want that program reeled in not so much for cheating but for being sloppy.

As proof please don't forget that Terrelle Pryor I believe was SUSPENDED in the NFL for several games because of his tattoo fiasco at Ohio State. The NFL does care. They have a vested interest in prolonging the fantasy and they will intervene.

Reason2succeed
08-29-2016, 12:23 AM
Took me two seconds to find this nugget.

"In my judgment, allowing players to secure their own ineligibility for college play in order to avoid previously determined disciplinary consequences for admitted conduct reflects poorly not on college football -- which acted to discipline the transgressor -- but on the NFL, by making it into a sanctuary where a player cannot only avoid the consequences of his conduct, but be paid for doing so," Goodell said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/7040047/nfl-upholds-terrelle-pryor-5-game-ban-cites-integrity

blacklistedbully
08-29-2016, 01:47 AM
It absolutely was one of the craziest things to ever happen on draft night. No question.

But I don?t think the NFL was behind it.

I think it?s pretty clear what happened. Freeze tried to get Tunsil to use an agent he didn?t want to use and I think Tunsil was pissed about the bong pictures being leaked out on draft night. It?s a mystery as to who leaked those pictures or exactly why but it was clearly someone that wanted to hurt Tunsil?s stock for whatever reason. So he went nuclear on Ole Miss.
That and/or maybe Tunsil was just tired of the whole Ole Miss charade that had been going on for the past 3-4 years and decided to do something about it.

And wasn?t it Neal McCready that asked him if he had been paid by Ole Miss in college? That never made any sense to me. My guess is Tunsil was supposed to say something pre-packaged about how he was not getting paid in college to make everyone look bad about the investigation and just went rogue on Ole Miss instead.

But the NFL doesn?t care where their players come from. They just care if you can win games for whatever team and if they can market you.

No chance this is correct. If you watch the entire interview, you'll hear Tunsil criticize McCready for pushing him on the question. Said it was, "lame", and, "you're supposed to be from Mississippi, man".

missouridawg
08-29-2016, 03:03 AM
No chance this is correct. If you watch the entire interview, you'll hear Tunsil criticize McCready for pushing him on the question. Said it was, "lame", and, "you're supposed to be from Mississippi, man".

Not only that, but leaked pictures came from the spurned agent. Freeze pushed Tunsil to Sexton. This didn't piss off Tunsil... It pissed off Tunsils former agent, whom he clearly had a working relationship with.

Gutter Cobreh
08-29-2016, 09:09 AM

I believe that Tunsil's head was spinning so fast, his words weren't able to catch up with the question. I do think he answered correctly and then realized what he had done. You guys give him too much credit for being smart enough to know what was happening at the time. I think he is extremely gifted athletically, but not so much in the IQ department.

BulldogBear
08-29-2016, 10:55 AM
I believe that Tunsil's head was spinning so fast, his words weren't able to catch up with the question. I do think he answered correctly and then realized what he had done. You guys give him too much credit for being smart enough to know what was happening at the time. I think he is extremely gifted athletically, but not so much in the IQ department.
^^This or something similar. I'm thinking he was told to just come clean about certain stuff and got confused, perhaps not expecting that question so just instinctively went with the last thing he was told, which was be honest.

Johnson85
08-29-2016, 11:23 AM
The NFL cares, but I doubt they care so much as to do anything about it.

They probably care more that one of their high profile rookies is caught up in what basically looks like a blackmail operation. I know the NBA (and I think the NFL?) has invested in programs to basically give life coaching to rookies because they recognized that players not being able to cope with suddenly having money and freedom resulted in image problems and also negatively impacted teams' investment in the players they draft. I wouldn't be shocked if somebody at the league was working with Tunsil in that respect and told him he should come clean with everything, go ahead and tell the NCAA whatever they want to know since it won't negatively impact him and will limit the things the blackmailer can hang over his head. But if something like that happened, it would be because it was in Tunsil's best interest, not because the NFL is mad about UM's shenanigans embarrassing the NFL.

Dawgface
08-29-2016, 11:28 AM
Omg this thread tops em all. Really

I was thinking the same thing.

MaroonState
08-29-2016, 01:01 PM
They don't. They care about being embarrassed in front of millions of people. To them it seems as if the NCAA is not competently doing their job, it spilled over on draft night & the NFL doesn't like like that shite.

This guy gets the point I was trying to make.

MaroonState
08-29-2016, 01:02 PM
I'm sorry but I disagree with some of you. The NFL cares very deeply about their brand and image. They would be crazy not to. The NFL draft is about making players dreams come true. Players are finally able to provide for their families through the game they love. Watch basically every freaking story line the NFL network shows you. They have a vested interest in being the only professional football league.

If guys are receiving luxury cars,houses and cash and breaking rules in college it looks like there is a semi professional feeder system. That is not as appealing to fans like many of you who want to believe that these kids only got a college education in exchange for their talent and work in college. They don't need programs like OM, USC, Miami or even Ohio State destroying that fantasy. If they don't get caught so be it but when a player comes on the NFL Draft and admits he was hired to play for his college team then the NFL may want that program reeled in not so much for cheating but for being sloppy.

As proof please don't forget that Terrelle Pryor I believe was SUSPENDED in the NFL for several games because of his tattoo fiasco at Ohio State. The NFL does care. They have a vested interest in prolonging the fantasy and they will intervene.

This guy gets it too

MadDawg
08-29-2016, 01:30 PM
^^This or something similar. I'm thinking he was told to just come clean about certain stuff and got confused, perhaps not expecting that question so just instinctively went with the last thing he was told, which was be honest.

I think Tunsil just finally got tired of lying and making up stories to cover up the multiple layers of cheating going on. He was already about to start his career in the NFL, and then gets hit with all the bong pictures and text screenshots. I think he just didn't give a crap anymore.