PDA

View Full Version : Bear Wilson & Nick James Got in Trouble last night in the Cotton District

CarolinaDawgs
08-28-2016, 10:15 AM
Spreading info. Apparently Nick was the one driving.

msstate7
08-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Jeez... Wasn't it hoopsdawg that said James wouldn't start game 1? Good call, hoops

Harrydawg
08-28-2016, 10:21 AM
Gonna be a long week for Nick.....he'll loose 20 lbs running

Political Hack
08-28-2016, 10:22 AM
Just happened last night. Bear may be in more trouble than Nick and there's some confusion on whether Nick was arrested for being with Bear or if Nick will actually have charges stick against him.

It's unfortunate, but it's likely very similar to Boobie's mistake he made before his Sr season (I think it was his Sr year).

msstate7
08-28-2016, 10:27 AM
I love jrob and bear, but I'm beginning to think they don't need to be around our current players.

IMissJack
08-28-2016, 10:35 AM
I'm sick of this narrative.

Political Hack
08-28-2016, 10:37 AM
I'm sick of this narrative.

It's not a photo of him wearing a bong mask and he didn't fall out of the window of a holiday inn express last night. All in all, it's not good but it could be a lot worse.

SDDawg
08-28-2016, 10:37 AM
What is Bear even doing in Starkville?! He was so motivated to move on just 6 months ago...

DanDority
08-28-2016, 10:41 AM
What is Bear even doing in Starkville?! He was so motivated to move on just 6 months ago...

Exactly, WTF is he still doing in this town!

klong-dog
08-28-2016, 10:57 AM
I love jrob and bear, but I'm beginning to think they don't need to be around our current players.
This. You've had your time, you both left earlier than you should have, obviously there is probably regret on both ends. Time to move on.

mcain31
08-28-2016, 11:04 AM
He's finishing his degree

Madisonmd
08-28-2016, 11:04 AM
My son just showed me a pic of the arrest. It was Nick driving and 2 others in truck. Happened at 1:08 am on Maxwell St. One of his friends was walking down the street and snapped it

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2016, 11:07 AM
He's finishing his degree

6 months ago we were told he hated school. SMH. Goodness. What a terrible decision by Bear

IMissJack
08-28-2016, 11:20 AM
It's not a photo of him wearing a bong mask and he didn't fall out of the window of a holiday inn express last night. All in all, it's not good but it could be a lot worse.

I get that, what I'm sick of is players that cannot understand that they continue to put themselves in situations where the "potential" of something like this happening is there. I know that they are 18-22 year old college kids and everyone does it, etc. but athletes (football players especially in the SEC) just have more at stake, and are scrutinized more than an average student. I'd tell my 17 year old the same thing if he had millions of dollars on the line potentially.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 11:23 AM
6 months ago we were told he hated school. SMH. Goodness. What a terrible decision by Bear

Maybe we can use Bear to speak to our guys that want to leave early and shouldn't.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 11:25 AM
I get that, what I'm sick of is players that cannot understand that they continue to put themselves in situations where the "potential" of something like this happening is there. I know that they are 18-22 year old college kids and everyone does it, etc. but athletes (football players especially in the SEC) just have more at stake, and are scrutinized more than an average student. I'd tell my 17 year old the same thing if he had millions of dollars on the line potentially.

Me too. Especially with our bully police department.

IMissJack
08-28-2016, 11:26 AM
Maybe we can use Bear to speak to our guys that want to leave early and shouldn't.

He can definitely be used as an example of what could happen if you are borderline NFL and leave early.

Homedawg
08-28-2016, 11:43 AM

Other than the dak situation which was a total joke, our police Dept hasn't been a bully. Actually they've been quite friendly if you knew half of what happened. Sometimes it's just best to not comment if you don't know everything that's going on.

FISHDAWG
08-28-2016, 11:51 AM
My son just showed me a pic of the arrest. It was Nick driving and 2 others in truck. Happened at 1:08 am on Maxwell St. One of his friends was walking down the street and snapped it

is there no curfew just a week before the season ?

Tripp McNeely
08-28-2016, 12:07 PM
My guess is that he misses games 1 and 2

scottycameron
08-28-2016, 12:17 PM
I know that they are 18-22 year old college kids.

No, they are not.

mcain31
08-28-2016, 12:20 PM

He just wanted to make a better life for his kids

msstate7
08-28-2016, 12:24 PM

I understand why he declared and I respect him wanting to take care of his children, but it was still a poor decision. Doubt he would've improved his 40 enough to be drafted this year, but he would've had his school paid for.

RougeDawg
08-28-2016, 12:26 PM

Ding ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner. SPD is full of "little man syndrome" power hungry cops who make mountains out of molehills. I've already posted my dealings with them before but any good lawyer could clean house and take Starkville for millions. Those cops unlawfully question, arrest, and pull over all the time.

HaggardDawg
08-28-2016, 12:28 PM
is there no curfew just a week before the season ?

Apparently the team had the weekend off. I saw the Adams family (Fletcher & Nelson) at the Brandon/MC game Friday night. It was weird to me to see players at home a week before the first game. Maybe it's common, I don't know.

shoeless joe
08-28-2016, 12:56 PM
Apparently the team had the weekend off. I saw the Adams family (Fletcher & Nelson) at the Brandon/MC game Friday night. It was weird to me to see players at home a week before the first game. Maybe it's common, I don't know.

I saw state and bama players at MS high school games Friday so it wouldn't seem to be odd.

starkvegasdawg
08-28-2016, 01:10 PM
So has it been released what the charges are?

Dolphus Raymond
08-28-2016, 01:13 PM
Days like this......

Bodaski
08-28-2016, 01:25 PM

Call that is admirable in saying you want to make a better life for your kids. My question to him would be, why are you out at 1:08 am and drinking and doing who knows what, seriously!

mstatefan91
08-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Call that is admirable in saying you want to make a better life for your kids. My question to him would be, why are you out at 1:08 am and drinking and doing who knows what, seriously!

Because humans are humans and we tend to have some selfish qualities about us. We want what is best, but sometimes that selfishness wins. That's not excusing him or anybody else. You have to take responsibility for your actions and weigh the risk/benefit ratio for you and everyone affected.

Anyway, anybody have any real info on the charges?

Percho
08-28-2016, 01:47 PM

If I understand correctly that is what that funeral,we made fun of, was trying to teach. Be accountable, so good things can be said about you.

msbulldog
08-28-2016, 01:49 PM
Because humans are humans and we tend to have some selfish qualities about us. We want what is best, but sometimes that selfishness wins. That's not excusing him or anybody else. You have to take responsibility for your actions and weigh the risk/benefit ratio for you and everyone affected.

Anyway, anybody have any real info on the charges?

No excuse, you got that many kids to take care of, Man Up. If you can't make in the NFL, get a job, be responsible! The Mothers should be after child support, otherwise taxpayers are paying for his "fun"! No sympathy here!

mstatefan91
08-28-2016, 01:57 PM
No excuse, you got that many kids to take care of, Man Up. If you can't make in the NFL, get a job, be responsible! The Mothers should be after child support, otherwise taxpayers are paying for his "fun"! No sympathy here!

I was just answering about why he did what he did. No excuse. He was selfish

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 01:57 PM

That’s the thing. Sometimes the responsible best thing is to wait a year. But our football players don’t seem to want to hear that.

It’s like they think they make a NFL practice squad and they are set for life. Zero concept of how to manage money.

mcain31
08-28-2016, 01:58 PM
I understand why he declared and I respect him wanting to take care of his children, but it was still a poor decision. Doubt he would've improved his 40 enough to be drafted this year, but he would've had his school paid for.

The NCAA has a way for guys to come back and finish school for those who leave early.

msstate7
08-28-2016, 02:00 PM
The NCAA has a way for guys to come back and finish school for those who leave early.

Didn't know that. I figured he was paying on his own dime

IMissJack
08-28-2016, 02:05 PM
If I understand correctly that is what that funeral,we made fun of, was trying to teach. Be accountable, so good things can be said about you.

The difference is the guy teaching the lesson at the funeral has not been (to my knowledge) accountable for any of the things they are accused of so far.

Reason2succeed
08-28-2016, 02:11 PM

Wow! There's a whole lot of jumping to conclusions here. But according to these presumptions who is going to support these children while the father is playing college football and not allowed to earn a paycheck? This is the ugly side of people's lives that most of us would rather wish away or ignore but it is real and hard decisions have to be made.

mic
08-28-2016, 02:20 PM
The difference is the guy teaching the lesson at the funeral has not been (to my knowledge) accountable for any of the things they are accused of so far.

Exactly ....

msbulldog
08-28-2016, 02:45 PM
Wow! There's a whole lot of jumping to conclusions here. But according to these presumptions who is going to support these children while the father is playing college football and not allowed to earn a paycheck? This is the ugly side of people's lives that most of us would rather wish away or ignore but it is real and hard decisions have to be made.
No conclusions being jumped, we agree! Hard decisions have to be made, if you are man enough to father a child, then be man enough to support that child. Don't rely on the government to take care of your obligations. That's whats wrong with this country started by LBJ's great society. If when I was young I had impregnated a young woman, I would have asked her to marry me, and I would have supported her and my child till the end of my days.
Mr. Wilson should have tied a knot in It or Man Up and take care of his kids. As for playing college football, he should have thought about that before his dumba$$ went to spreading his semen around.

MafiaDawg
08-28-2016, 03:55 PM
Spreading info. Apparently Nick was the one driving.

Why did you feel the need to come spread false info on a message board?

Homedawg
08-28-2016, 09:09 PM
Ding ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner. SPD is full of "little man syndrome" power hungry cops who make mountains out of molehills. I've already posted my dealings with them before but any good lawyer could clean house and take Starkville for millions. Those cops unlawfully question, arrest, and pull over all the time.

And you are clueless too. Just let it go. Trust me on this one. Just once.

Homedawg
08-28-2016, 09:11 PM

Yeah, it's called we pay for it. It's no different than a baseball player that leaves early. It's legal for us to continue to pay for his education.