PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching the North Dakota State/Charleston Southern game?

RocketDawg
08-27-2016, 09:49 PM
Pretty darn good game. NDSU is the preseason #1 Div II (or FCS -- not sure I know the difference) team, and CS is #6. Copeland, who was at Alabama last year, is the QB for CS.

They're now tied at 17 with 3 minutes left.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 09:51 PM
I think we open with Charleston Southern next year.

Commercecomet24
08-27-2016, 09:53 PM
I am. I love watching ndsu play. Been watching their games for several years. They are one of the most fundamentally sound teams on both sides of the ball I've ever seen. They beat d1 teams just about every year albeit Iowa state, Kansas, etc. but they're dang good.

RocketDawg
08-27-2016, 10:13 PM
I think we open with Charleston Southern next year.

That may not be a good thing. Don't know if Copeland will still be there or not.

Announcer said they play FSU this year. Looks like they've probably lost this one, but they're a scrappy team.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 10:49 PM
That may not be a good thing. Don't know if Copeland will still be there or not.

Announcer said they play FSU this year. Looks like they've probably lost this one, but they're a scrappy team.

They probably will be the most difficult 1-AA opponent we have played since Dan has been here. We still should win though.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
08-28-2016, 12:34 AM
I am. I love watching ndsu play. Been watching their games for several years. They are one of the most fundamentally sound teams on both sides of the ball I've ever seen. They beat d1 teams just about every year albeit Iowa state, Kansas, etc. but they're dang good.

They beat Kansas State a few years ago

Commercecomet24
08-28-2016, 01:54 AM
They beat Kansas State a few years ago

They sure did! They're well coached and execute so well. It's fun to watch teams play like that at any level and that little dome they play in is pretty cool.

RocketDawg
08-28-2016, 06:53 AM
They sure did! They're well coached and execute so well. It's fun to watch teams play like that at any level and that little dome they play in is pretty cool.

I think the Fargo Dome only holds about 20,000 for football, but it's a good think they have it. Can you imagine sitting through a game in Fargo late in the season? You'd freeze to death. Same for Syracuse ... not as cold there but snowier.