PDA

View Full Version : So Colin Kaepernick hates America

starkvegasdawg
08-27-2016, 05:18 PM
Refuses to stand for the national anthem of the country that allowed him to become a millionaire playing a game.

DownwardDawg
08-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Yep. He's a loser.

hailmari
08-27-2016, 05:24 PM
I've never cared for the guy, and now I really hope he has trash thrown at him at every game.

msbulldog
08-27-2016, 05:26 PM
Kelly will cut him.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Kelly will cut him.

Sounds like he will fit in well in Canada.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-27-2016, 06:03 PM
**** him!!

I seen it dawg
08-27-2016, 06:14 PM
****ing piece of shit. He should be blackballed from the league. Watch hard knocks from last week and see how it should be handled. Jeff Fisher laid down the law on how the anthem should be handled and respected.

Homedawg
08-27-2016, 06:41 PM
****ing piece of shit. He should be blackballed from the league. Watch hard knocks from last week and see how it should be handled. Jeff Fisher laid down the law on how the anthem should be handled and respected.
This^^^ 1000 times. Get the hell out bro. And leave your bank accounts w you.

Commercecomet24
08-27-2016, 07:16 PM

THIS^^^^what a piece of crap! If you want to protest there's other ways than disrespecting the country that ALLOWS you the right to protest and all those that died defending that right! Go play football in the middle east and see how that works!

tcdog70
08-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Give half your 19 million to the oppressed would be a great start.

msstate7
08-27-2016, 07:33 PM
Don't name your son, Colin. Seems to lead to douchiness... Kap and cowherd

starkvegasdawg
08-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Don't name your son, Colin. Seems to lead to douchiness... Kap and cowherd

I think that goes for Hugh as well. Freeze and Killaburger.

Treemydawg
08-27-2016, 07:53 PM
What a POS. He just another liberal idiot doing liberal idiot things. People like him are so fu€king stupid.

Jack Lambert
08-27-2016, 08:03 PM
He's really a Dolphin fan.

Bass Chaser
08-27-2016, 08:34 PM
I agree with above and this goes for the former State players that favorited the tweet.

mic
08-27-2016, 08:44 PM
**** that guy.

msstate7
08-27-2016, 08:54 PM
According to Twitter, kap was adopted by a white couple. He converted to Islam this offseason and dates a BLM activist. Reading thru kap's tweets (retweets), he really hates white people

Bothrops
08-27-2016, 09:02 PM
Sounds like Hillary could use him in her campaign.

tireddawg
08-27-2016, 09:21 PM
I've never liked him. He's always thought he was better than what he is. I can't stand when he kisses his biceps. To me that's for those that are really good & have done something besides ride the coattails of a great defense

Commercecomet24
08-27-2016, 09:41 PM
You know if someone isn't happy with what this country is or what it stands for they are more than welcome to live somewhere else. Nobody in this country is gonna make them live somewhere where they're not happy. Good riddance!

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 09:53 PM
You know if someone isn't happy with this country is or what it stands for they are more than welcome to live somewhere else. Nobody in this country is gonna make them live somewhere where they're not happy. Good riddance!

Agree 100%.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-27-2016, 10:34 PM
I think that goes for Hugh as well. Freeze and Killaburger.

I hope to hell nobody would consider the name Hugh anyway..

youraveragesavage
08-27-2016, 11:02 PM
I agree with above and this goes for the former State players that favorited the tweet.

Which state players retweeted? Hope that idiot gets cut from the nfl.

MadisonDawg
08-27-2016, 11:27 PM
Which state players retweeted? Hope that idiot gets cut from the nfl.

Bumphis and nick griffin both liked it.

fader2103
08-27-2016, 11:34 PM
As a lifelong 49ers fan. I find it more upsetting that the team respects his decision. And for that matter I went on record to people who know i was a diehard 9ers fan until today! Screw that organization.

youraveragesavage
08-27-2016, 11:46 PM

Wow, that's disappointing.

dawgoneyall
08-27-2016, 11:57 PM

Screw Bumphis. Liked him but he can go to hell now.
Seriously, 17 him.

dawgoneyall
08-28-2016, 12:17 AM
And Griffin, if I was the head coach, would never see the field. I have zero tolerance for the absolute ignorance.
Zero tolerance for that level of ignorance. Zero.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
08-28-2016, 12:33 AM
Wow, that's disappointing.

Yeah it really is....

michaelww3d6
08-28-2016, 01:38 AM
There is a lot of hate, ignorance, and intolerance going on in here. Just freaking wow! I guess those true colors come out when we think that we are alone.

Ranchdawg
08-28-2016, 06:20 AM
Excuse me! I'm not generally a hater, usually tolerant and definitely not ignorant. But when somebody disrespects my country by refusing to stand and show respect while the national anthem is being played I believe he is the one that is displaying "hate", "intolerance" and "hate"!

somebodyshotmypaw
08-28-2016, 07:31 AM
And the idea of black oppression in this country is a myth today. It was accurate during slavery and during segregation, but it's a myth today. With affirmative action, quotas, etc. blacks have become the privileged class. Heck, the NFL has a Rooney rule that forces you to interview a black coach. They don't have the same in place for white running backs.

Dawgface
08-28-2016, 07:45 AM
So Colin Kaepernick hates America

And America hates him. **** him.

ElitedawgRecruiting
08-28-2016, 07:46 AM
Ok I am gonna speak as a veteran. Not as a white guy. Not as a black. In the military, there wasn't black and white. It was a brotherhood. I had his six. He had mine. It wasn't black lives matter. It wasn't white lives matter. It was American lives matter. For this little dipshit to do what he is doing is not a Social statement. It's not a black man making a stand. It's a slap in the face of every American, black, white, Asian, Hispanic..... That ever put on a uniform and defended the right for him to go out on a football and make millions of dollars to suck the way he does. Anyone, regardless of color or lack there of, that thinks this is a good thing for him to do is wrong. Everything in this country is not a social issues. Sometimes people are just being a dick. That's a fact

starkvegasdawg
08-28-2016, 07:52 AM
Ok I am gonna speak as a veteran. Not as a white guy. Not as a black. In the military, there wasn't black and white. It was a brotherhood. I had his six. He had mine. It wasn't black lives matter. It wasn't white lives matter. It was American lives matter. For this little dipshit to do what he is doing is not a Social statement. It's not a black man making a stand. It's a slap in the face of every American, black, white, Asian, Hispanic..... That ever put on a uniform and defended the right for him to go out on a football and make millions of dollars to suck the way he does. Anyone, regardless of color or lack there of, that thinks this is a good thing for him to do is wrong. Everything in this country is not a social issues. Sometimes people are just being a dick. That's a fact
Damn straight.

Dolphus Raymond
08-28-2016, 08:07 AM
A football player exhibits disrespect toward our nation's flag and anthem and people want him to leve the country. Donald Trump repeatedly defames the parents of a young man who gave his life for our country and millions want to vote for him to be POTUS. The flag and anthem are symbols the we should all respect. (And I do, without exception.) This country has a long tradition of holding Gold Star Parents (particularly Gold Star Mothers) in the highest of high esteem. Defaming one is tantamount to blasphemy.
My point? What Kaepernick did was wrong and distasteful. However, it pales in comparison to what lMr.Trump said about a Muslim Gold Star Mother. Patriotic moral outrage should be consistent or it is Bulls--t. Remember what John Prine said: "Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore. "

ElitedawgRecruiting
08-28-2016, 08:25 AM
I never said I wanted him to leave the country. And I never said everything Trump says or does is accurate or acceptable. My entire point in this is simple. There are people that fight on a daily basis to defend the right for you to have an opinion. For trump to have an opinion. For Hillary to have an opinion. For This idiot to have an opinion. I am all for him making a social stance. Hell I will join him in doing so. But to make a mockery of the country that gives him the freedom to do so and the people standing up and guarding a border so he can do so is wrong. It's not something that should be applauded. Being patriotic isn't something you can put on and take off in order for you to make a point. That part we agree on. Being patriotic isn't something you can use in order to justify being a dick in the way Trump used it either. We swore an oath to fight for and defend this country and all the citizens of it. Regardless of race, creed, religion, sexual preference, whether your dumb enough to be an ole miss fan, or any other way you choose to be. That flag is a symbol of that. That flag is sacred. And if Kaep or Trump or anyone else doesn't get that, they are an ignorant piece of garbage

I seen it dawg
08-28-2016, 08:51 AM

Exactly. People get offended so easily and for little of nothing. ***** generation. Freedom is to be respected. The organization here should take a stand in how their employee is representing them. Which is badly.

Corn Bread
08-28-2016, 08:58 AM
A football player exhibits disrespect toward our nation's flag and anthem and people want him to leve the country. Donald Trump repeatedly defames the parents of a young man who gave his life for our country and millions want to vote for him to be POTUS. The flag and anthem are symbols the we should all respect. (And I do, without exception.) This country has a long tradition of holding Gold Star Parents (particularly Gold Star Mothers) in the highest of high esteem. Defaming one is tantamount to blasphemy.
My point? What Kaepernick did was wrong and distasteful. However, it pales in comparison to what lMr.Trump said about a Muslim Gold Star Mother. Patriotic moral outrage should be consistent or it is Bulls--t. Remember what John Prine said: "Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore. "

I recall Trump saying he would have liked to hear her speak. With that said take liberal agenda and get your facts right.

Treemydawg
08-28-2016, 09:06 AM
Outkick The Coverage MENU

Outkick The Coverage
College Football Blog
Colin Kaepernick Is an Idiot
Colin Kaepernick,Packers 49ers Football
Tony Avelar
By Clay Travis
Aug 27, 2016 at 11:24a ET
SHARES
As a first amendment absolutist I support Colin Kaepernick's right to make whatever statement he wants about his political beliefs. But since I'm a full bore proponent of the marketplace of ideas, I also feel very comfortable saying this -- Kaepernick is a ****ing idiot.

Let me explain.

Here is what Colin Kaepernick said about his decision not to stand for the national anthem during last night's preseason game.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

First, who is getting away with murder? That's a strong accusation. Who in particular has committed murder in this country and not been charged with it? If you're going to make this statement then you need to give us particulars that motivate your decision and your beliefs. I don't want bland generalities, I want specifics here. If you feel strongly enough to refuse to "stand up to show pride in a flag," then you need to have some basis for your decision. So far Kaepernick has shown none. Indeed, his Twitter feed is a hodgepodge of unintelligible retweets of random, often incorrect, Internet articles that have no coherent connection. In typical social justice warrior, PC bromani fashion, Kaepernick has chosen to make his voice heard in a way that pretty much only draws attention to him and does nothing to make any situation better. That's fine, but what exactly is Kaepernick proving by making this point?

Moreover, why, in his sixth season in the NFL, did he suddenly decide that the country is oppressing black people and people of color. Presumably the country's black president didn't make a decision this year to suddenly lead a country into systemic oppression of black people. So what has suddenly changed that made him willing to stand for five years for the national anthem and unwilling to stand this year? He needs to offer a reasonable explanation for what has changed that led to his decision to stop supporting the country's anthem.

Again, I support Kaepernick's right to voice his political opinion -- a robust and uninhibited first amendment is what makes this country great -- but if you're going to demand that your voice be heard, you better be able to explain why you want your voice to be heard when we give you the attention you're demanding. Kaepernick's explanation is a bland and cliche-riddled statement lacking in specificity or direct connection to any tangible goal. This isn't Ali standing up to the Vietnam War or athletes demanding equal treatment under the law during the civil rights movement, it's an absurd attention-seeking statement with no substance behind it.

Once you make the decision to enter the marketplace of ideas, in my opinion, you're obligated to put forward a coherent reason for your decision-making if you want to be taken seriously. Otherwise, I can feel free, thanks to this same first amendment that you're using to gain attention, to pronounce you a daft prima donna whose football talents have so deteriorated you aren't even capable of beating out Blaine freaking Gabbert to be quarterback. As if that weren't enough I can also say that based on your Twitter feed you look like a lost and psychologically unstable individual.

Second, what does the United States do to oppress black people? I'm not being obtuse with this question, what tangible decisions does the United States government -- currently helmed by a black man as president and a black woman as head of the justice department -- make that oppress black people and other people of color? I want actual governmental actions that legally treat black people differently in a negative fashion and that Kaepernick feels need to be changed. Again, once you demand that your voice be heard in this fashion, you need to explain what you want changed. I don't want bullshit generalities, I want specific issues that have so troubled you that you feel the need to stop standing for the national anthem for the first time in your six year NFL career.

Because when I review federal law, what I see is the exact opposite of black oppression. Everyone is treated as equally as they possibly can be by the federal government. There is no systemic racism in our federal government. In fact, affirmative action is actually a governmental attempt to treat black people unequally -- that is more favorably than other people -- solely because of their race. If anything, the United States government's laws discriminate in favor of black people based on their skin color. I'm open to hearing what systemic oppression Kaepernick believes the United States government is undertaking and what he believes need to be redressed. But he has provided none of these specifics so far. If you want me to treat your opinions with respect, you need to provide opinions worthy of respect. Not just insipid generalities.

Third, once you make a political statement like this your own life becomes worthy of discussion and analysis. Kaepernick was raised by two white parents after his own birth parents weren't willing or able to raise him themselves. If the country is fundamentally racist, doesn't the fact that two white people chose to raise an abandoned black child offer persuasive evidence that his analysis of the country's racial composition is overly broad and not supported by his own life experience? Moreover, Colin Kaepernick received a free college education based on his football talents and he's currently being paid over $19 million this year. Last year he made over $20 million. If that's governmental oppression, sign me up.

Fourth, Kaepernick has put his team, his coaches, and his organization directly in the firing line based upon his political statement. Every single teammate and coach will be asked about his refusal to stand for the national anthem. Already the 49ers organization has had to issue an official statement that disagrees with Kaepernick's stance:

"The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."

As if that weren't enough, Kaepernick, despite being paid over $19 million, is currently being beaten out by Blaine Gabbert to be the starting quarterback for the 49ers this year. It would be one thing if Kaepernick had made this statement as one of the top quarterbacks in the league -- which at one point he was -- instead this just looks like the desperate and unsubstantiated rantings of someone who is aware he will soon fall back into football oblivion. What's more, this also gives him a convenient excuse if he's benched or released by the 49ers, they did this based on my political opinions, not based on my talent. Maybe that will make him feel better when he's unemployed, but it shouldn't.

Fifth, whether or not you believe that the national anthem should play before sporting events -- I've personally always found it strange that pro sporting events, which are just entertainment, play the national anthem before games. After all, we don't play the national anthem before movies. -- your decision not to stand has been defended by countless soldiers of all races who have lost their lives defending your rights to make millions of dollars playing a game for a living. Many of those same soldiers, of all races, religions and creeds, are fans of your team or your league. When you choose to make a political statement that directly attacks what they defend, you better be really damn sure that you're offering a coherent political statement that advances a cause worthy of the lives that have been lost to give you the right to disrespect the country.

And the sad truth is this -- Colin Kaepernick's decision not to stand for the national anthem, at least thus far, isn't supported by any actionable or coherent political belief or tangible call to action. Worse than that, it's not just an insult to many people in this country, it's an insult to anyone with a working brain.

SHARES
VIEW COMMENTS 3
FOXSports.com > Writers | Contact Us | Press | Jobs | RSS | Sitemap
Follow FOX Sports > Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Tumblr
Other FOX Sites > FS1 | FOX | FOX News | 21st Century Fox | FOX Sports Supports | FOX Deportes
Partners > Shop | Tickets
Statistical Information provided by: STATS LLC
?2016 Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
Use of this website (including any and all parts and components) constitutes your acceptance of these Terms of Use and New Privacy Policy.
New Privacy Policy | Advertising Choices | Terms of Use | EULA

starkvegasdawg
08-28-2016, 09:17 AM
If memory serves me, Trump has never disparaged that soldier who died in the line of duty. To the contrary, he's called him a hero. What he did was take issue with the things his dad said about him, especially with the things that have since come out about the dad such as advocating for sharia law in the US.

DownwardDawg
08-28-2016, 10:00 AM
If memory serves me, Trump has never disparaged that soldier who died in the line of duty. To the contrary, he's called him a hero. What he did was take issue with the things his dad said about him, especially with the things that have since come out about the dad such as advocating for sharia law in the US.

Your letting facts get in the way of his agenda. Stop that. It's not fair.
Why he decided to bring Trump into this thread is beyond me.

dawgoneyall
08-28-2016, 11:23 AM
There is a lot of hate, ignorance, and intolerance going on in here. Just freaking wow! I guess those true colors come out when we think that we are alone.

What is hateful about posters expressing their beliefs. You seem rather intolerant of people expressing their views and that is ignorant.

Believe the hate radiates from Kaepernick, yet you seem to defend his action and condemn people responding to that hate. You are strange.....

Jack Lambert
08-28-2016, 12:11 PM
So Colin Kaepernick hates America

And America hates him. **** him.

Funny thing is he just became the most hated NFL player.

Dolphus Raymond
08-28-2016, 12:16 PM
I love selective patriotism almost as I love selective memory.

Dolphus Raymond
08-28-2016, 12:40 PM
He praised those Gold Star Parents so much that the bastion of Left-Wing political thought, the VFW, issued a statement criticizing him for it. Look, let's just TRY to be consistent. As for Mr. Trump, him and I do have some things in common: bone spurs. However, despite that, I became a U. S. Paratrooper in October, 1978. Good thing the "Black Hats" didn't know about the red star tatto on my Johnson or I would have spent the entire three weeks in the sawdust pit.

I seen it dawg
08-28-2016, 12:47 PM
Keep on point. If you take this any further down the trump/Hillary road it's over.

Dolphus Raymond
08-28-2016, 12:52 PM
Agree.
Now for something we can all agree on: F--K OLE MISS.

Bothrops
08-28-2016, 01:11 PM
I wanna thank USM for beating his ass in the Hawaii Bowl. I hope somebody beats his ass to death.

Commercecomet24
08-28-2016, 01:44 PM
I never said I wanted him to leave the country. And I never said everything Trump says or does is accurate or acceptable. My entire point in this is simple. There are people that fight on a daily basis to defend the right for you to have an opinion. For trump to have an opinion. For Hillary to have an opinion. For This idiot to have an opinion. I am all for him making a social stance. Hell I will join him in doing so. But to make a mockery of the country that gives him the freedom to do so and the people standing up and guarding a border so he can do so is wrong. It's not something that should be applauded. Being patriotic isn't something you can put on and take off in order for you to make a point. That part we agree on. Being patriotic isn't something you can use in order to justify being a dick in the way Trump used it either. We swore an oath to fight for and defend this country and all the citizens of it. Regardless of race, creed, religion, sexual preference, whether your dumb enough to be an ole miss fan, or any other way you choose to be. That flag is a symbol of that. That flag is sacred. And if Kaep or Trump or anyone else doesn't get that, they are an ignorant piece of garbage

Thank you, you nailed it! Our Flag and National Anthem stand for the highest ideas and beliefs of our country, not the lowest!

RougeDawg
08-28-2016, 03:26 PM
The media needs to start asking these clowns the following question point blank. Can you tell me any other nation on earth with a greater opportunity for any person alive, no matter sex, race, or religion? These f*cking morons and others alike have been brainwashed into thinking everyone is against them and holding them back, while also never being taught to look at oneself for blame. Because after all only you control your destiny. Typical indoctrination of one political party to look for others for help and not be self sustainable and responsible for your actions. He and his comments are what thos political group has been working toward for decades. Blame others for your misfortune and look to the government for help. Rinse repeat and continue to dumb down the population. Kapernakus is a prime example of a bumbling, non thinking idiot result of certain policies and indoctrination.

You can connect the dots, but these specific polocies are the root for much of the negative aspects of America and American life today.

michaelww3d6
09-01-2016, 11:51 PM
I'm gonna leave it here. I have a lot of insight that may or may not be appreciated. I grew up Mississippi delta(0-11) and Tupelo (12-18), joined the Navy, served my country proudly even through the things that I have seen. I joined the US NAVY because I was EXTREMELY patriotic shortly after 9/11. I have seen my share of racism and oppression in and out of the military. Some of my shipmate decided to hang nooses in berthing (sleep area) and in my work space. I have seen some of the hardest workING and smartest people denied the evals they deserved. Which then affects promotions which in turn affects their bank accounts and how they provide for their children. I was denied emergency leave 2 out of 3 times in 6 months. I lost my aunt, cousin who was like a brother to me, and my Grandmother all on my mother's side within 6 months. While some Caucasian people were allowed to go home. I have seen Mississippi's version of "Separate, but equal" which some of you know as them christian academies and that's on top of funding school districts based on property values. So how does that align with the American of ideal of everyone having an equal opportunity to succeed? I will help you... It doesn't. I have been pulled over and ticketed for things that I FLAT OUT didn't do (ran stop sign and have a broken tail light). Man I just had an inspection and I told the cop and he told me(19 year old me) to take this ticket or he was going to take me to jail. This was right outside of Naval Station Norfolk here in Virginia. I was pulled over and accused of running a stop light just because I was driving a Cadillac at 3 am (Didn't receive a ticket, but they checked my record and my brother's record and let us go) all because were getting an early start on our trip to Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas. I have been overlooked while at a company in the waiting room by myself for an interview because I didn't match my resume. He came in and called my name while looking around and not making eye contact with me. I was the only person in the waiting room. Thank GOD I have a racially ambiguous name, but in all honesty I don't know if that has helped me. I know a lot of hard working honest African Americans who have been completely mistreated by the people put in charge of keeping us safe. There are a lot of great police officers and I mean A LOT, but that doesn't mean that they all are. When those that aren't good aren't held responsible it directly leads to frustration. B.T.W. this isn't new! I'm extremely patriotic, but I can't ignore what I have seen as I have gone this far in life and I also can't ignore the third verse of the Star spangled banner. Here is the link http://amhistory.si.edu/starspangledbanner/the-lyrics.aspx
Also saying "****" our ex players and you "hope that they get cut" that have had experiences and opinions that are different than yours is ignorant and hateful. We must all realize that our lives are made up of our experiences and we must all acknowledge that we have all experienced different things. Also just because you haven't seen something that doesn't mean that it doesn't make it imaginary. Please know that the examples that I have given aren't all the ones that I have experienced let alone know of. To be honest none of us has the time to type or read all of it. Sorry for the horrible grammar,but I'm trying to type it out before bed. Have a good one guys and remember to love each other as GOD has commanded. And as always #HAILSTATE!!!!!

ckDOG
09-02-2016, 12:04 AM
Yawn. There'd be a lot less dumbasses in the world if we stopped giving them so much attention.

DudyDawg
09-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Exactly. People get offended so easily and for little of nothing. ***** generation. Freedom is to be respected. The organization here should take a stand in how their employee is representing them. Which is badly.

"Freedom should be respected"
Next line...
"His employer should take his freedom to demonstrate"

TimberBeast
09-02-2016, 09:36 AM
I'm gonna leave it here. I have a lot of insight that may or may not be appreciated. I grew up Mississippi delta(0-11) and Tupelo (12-18), joined the Navy, served my country proudly even through the things that I have seen. I joined the US NAVY because I was EXTREMELY patriotic shortly after 9/11. I have seen my share of racism and oppression in and out of the military. Some of my shipmate decided to hang nooses in berthing (sleep area) and in my work space. I have seen some of the hardest workING and smartest people denied the evals they deserved. Which then affects promotions which in turn affects their bank accounts and how they provide for their children. I was denied emergency leave 2 out of 3 times in 6 months. I lost my aunt, cousin who was like a brother to me, and my Grandmother all on my mother's side within 6 months. While some Caucasian people were allowed to go home. I have seen Mississippi's version of "Separate, but equal" which some of you know as them christian academies and that's on top of funding school districts based on property values. So how does that align with the American of ideal of everyone having an equal opportunity to succeed? I will help you... It doesn't. I have been pulled over and ticketed for things that I FLAT OUT didn't do (ran stop sign and have a broken tail light). Man I just had an inspection and I told the cop and he told me(19 year old me) to take this ticket or he was going to take me to jail. This was right outside of Naval Station Norfolk here in Virginia. I was pulled over and accused of running a stop light just because I was driving a Cadillac at 3 am (Didn't receive a ticket, but they checked my record and my brother's record and let us go) all because were getting an early start on our trip to Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas. I have been overlooked while at a company in the waiting room by myself for an interview because I didn't match my resume. He came in and called my name while looking around and not making eye contact with me. I was the only person in the waiting room. Thank GOD I have a racially ambiguous name, but in all honesty I don't know if that has helped me. I know a lot of hard working honest African Americans who have been completely mistreated by the people put in charge of keeping us safe. There are a lot of great police officers and I mean A LOT, but that doesn't mean that they all are. When those that aren't good aren't held responsible it directly leads to frustration. B.T.W. this isn't new! I'm extremely patriotic, but I can't ignore what I have seen as I have gone this far in life and I also can't ignore the third verse of the Star spangled banner. Here is the link http://amhistory.si.edu/starspangledbanner/the-lyrics.aspx
Also saying "****" our ex players and you "hope that they get cut" that have had experiences and opinions that are different than yours is ignorant and hateful. We must all realize that our lives are made up of our experiences and we must all acknowledge that we have all experienced different things. Also just because you haven't seen something that doesn't mean that it doesn't make it imaginary. Please know that the examples that I have given aren't all the ones that I have experienced let alone know of. To be honest none of us has the time to type or read all of it. Sorry for the horrible grammar,but I'm trying to type it out before bed. Have a good one guys and remember to love each other as GOD has commanded. And as always #HAILSTATE!!!!!

So you had some friends that didn't get the evals or jobs they wanted, you got pulled over a couple times, even got a ticket or two that you "didn't deserve", and you don't like the academy school system. Welcome to life.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-02-2016, 10:35 AM

I'm white and I honestly don't see anything here that I haven't faced. I didn't get a promotion in a government job because their quota system forced them to give it to an African-American which was a joke in this case and the boss said it was a joke, but he had no choice. I resigned a week later and opened my own business. I put in a proposal on a City of Jackson job. I had the best price, the quickest completion time, and the best qualifications. They gave it to a minority firm because they told me I didn't employ enough blacks. The minority firm collected 80% of the money, did 20% of the work and then went out of business. So that is food off my table. I got a ticket by a black patrolman with the last name McGruder on Highway 51 that I did not deserve. Crap happens. I don't want anybody's sympathy. Life isn't fair. Some people are assholes, white and black. That doesn't excuse injustices. But you will never get rid of injustices.