PDA

View Full Version : Dak officially named starter

starkvegasdawg
08-27-2016, 04:35 PM
To all the haters and Bears that said he'd never get drafted and never throw a pass in the NFL allow me to be the first to say. 17 you!!!!

reno hightower
08-27-2016, 04:43 PM
Me like

TNDawg35
08-27-2016, 04:57 PM
Someone send this to Killaburger...

starkvegasdawg
08-27-2016, 05:01 PM
Someone send this to Killaburger...
He's too busy crying in his Shirley Temple over the NCAA being so mean.

Gutter Cobreh
08-27-2016, 05:48 PM
How's he going to start at QB and TE at the same time????***

In all honesty, I've been critical about how great of a college QB he actually was but I hope he tears the league a new one!

DanDority
08-27-2016, 06:37 PM
To be honest, just how good he is and the way he's been able to step out there and prove to vets that he belongs. Really makes me VERY nervous about our team this year.

DancingRabbit
08-27-2016, 06:45 PM
Good article about moving forward with Dak at the helm for at least the first six games.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article98377322.html

RocketDawg
08-27-2016, 06:48 PM
The first game is on a Sunday at 3:25, so there's a good chance that it'll be shown here. Should be quite a game ... Dak vs Eli.

I think one reason Dak has done so well in preseason is because he was not drafted until Round 4. That fact could very well have motivated to work even harder, and it's certainly paid off.

RocketDawg
08-27-2016, 06:52 PM
To be honest, just how good he is and the way he's been able to step out there and prove to vets that he belongs. Really makes me VERY nervous about our team this year.

I suppose we'll find out to an extent after the first two games ... one that's supposed to be a pushover in South Alabama and then what's probably one of the worst SEC teams in South Carolina. If we can't do well against those two, the rest of the season is scary. In contrast, doing well may not prove all that much but we'll have an idea of how the team will fare this year.

Jarius
08-27-2016, 06:52 PM
Once you go Dak you never go back

KB21
08-27-2016, 07:07 PM
I follow a lot of NFL fans on twitter, and what's amazing is the number of fans who are not fans of the Cowboys who will watch them just to watch Dak play football. Dak is becoming a national figure, and this is going to transcend Mississippi State.

Bass Chaser
08-27-2016, 07:15 PM
I think folks tend to forget that he was able to work on his weaknesses without distraction (under center, accuracy) over the last 7 months. Those distractions being class and limited practice time.

msstate7
08-27-2016, 07:17 PM
Arguably the best oline and wr in the nfl with a fellow great rookie Rb and good te... Dak is in a great situation

Dolphus Raymond
08-27-2016, 07:32 PM
Wish he had his rookie year under his belt before being tested as a starter. I think he will do well, though.

starkvegasdawg
08-27-2016, 07:53 PM
I hope his mom is allowed a nice front row seat to watch him from Heaven. Those that have lost a parent at a young age - it often hits the hardest they're gone when you achieve something special in your life you'd love for them to be a part of. For me, it was my two kids my dad never knew. For Dak, it's going to be him starting his first regular season NFL game. I hope he torches the Giants like a marshmallow to close to a campfire.

Spiderman
08-27-2016, 07:55 PM
To all the haters and Bears that said he'd never get drafted and never throw a pass in the NFL allow me to be the first to say. 17 you!!!!

I agree.

But this is not what Dak needed. He needed to be the back up for a couple of years.

While I think if anyone can handle this situation, it's him, I wish he weren't in it.

I don't care who you are, that's a lot to ask of a rookie QB. Especially one drafted in the 4th round.

Get after their ass Dak.

DancingRabbit
08-27-2016, 07:56 PM
Arguably the best oline and wr in the nfl with a fellow great rookie Rb and good te... Dak is in a great situation

Yep, on offense the Cowboys have a great supporting cast. Very good line and Zeke and Morris have both looked great at RB. Dez is a beast, and if you pay too much attention to him and Witten then Cole Beasley and Terrance Williams can burn you. If they can avoid any more injuries Dak will have a great opportunity to succeed.

Defense is a little worrisome. If Dallas can play with a lead, the running game will keep opposing defenses honest. You would expect Dak to have a few hiccups the first few games, but if he can keep and build on his confidence during the early going I think he will be fine.

RocketDawg
08-27-2016, 08:11 PM
You think Dak is aware of all the MSU support he's getting? That's pretty unusual.

tireddawg
08-27-2016, 09:26 PM
Just because he was drafted in the 4th round doesn't mean that's where he should have been drafted. People missed. Some should probably be fired.

Jarius
08-27-2016, 09:56 PM
People took a whole lot of quarterbacks ahead of Dak that had no business getting drafted ahead of him. That quarterback from NC State was complete trash and whoever made the decision to take him ahead of Prescott had to be high.

I seen it dawg
08-27-2016, 09:59 PM
Romo better be careful...

Bledsoe-Brady part 2

Commercecomet24
08-27-2016, 10:00 PM
I hope his mom is allowed a nice front row seat to watch him from Heaven. Those that have lost a parent at a young age - it often hits the hardest they're gone when you achieve something special in your life you'd love for them to be a part of. For me, it was my two kids my dad never knew. For Dak, it's going to be him starting his first regular season NFL game. I hope he torches the Giants like a marshmallow to close to a campfire.

Very well said!

Commercecomet24
08-27-2016, 10:01 PM
Romo better be careful...

Bledsoe-Brady part 2

Haha I told a friend of mine that earlier today.

Dawgowar
08-27-2016, 10:27 PM
You think Dak is aware of all the MSU support he's getting? That's pretty unusual.

Dude, State fans were ringing Cowbells at training camp practices. He feels it LOL.

BigEasyDawg
08-27-2016, 11:20 PM
I do hate to see him get thrown in the fire from the start because if they do not win, they will make Dak the Scapegoat. Nfl fans can be brutal, however this is the Cowboys we are talking about and not the Browns or Jaguars. He has a great supporting cast and if he takes care of the ball And plays with that fire we know him to play with, I think they can have a heck of a season.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-28-2016, 12:12 AM
Just because he was drafted in the 4th round doesn't mean that's where he should have been drafted. People missed. Some should probably be fired.

^^^^THIS ^^^^

"drafted in the 4th round" - That's like saying because he wasn't a 5 * recruit he has no business being a great QB.

mstatefan91
08-28-2016, 12:53 AM
^^^^THIS ^^^^

"drafted in the 4th round" - That's like saying because he wasn't a 5 * recruit he has no business being a great QB.

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round.

Draft round is indicative but not the end all be all.. anybody who is a Brady doubter at this point has their head buried in the sand.

Bothrops
08-28-2016, 01:09 AM
Dallas has a chance to win some games now. Excellent news for all Dawgs and Dak. Looking forward!

msbulldog
08-28-2016, 06:14 AM
Good luck Dak, the whole Dawg Nation is pulling for you!

Reason2succeed
08-28-2016, 06:27 AM
Dak has the opportunity to be a SUPERSTAR! Not just a player, not just a star but a superstar. The QB of the Cowboys always has that opportunity. There couldn't be a better person to carry that burden than him. Guys, he his going to put Mississippi State University on the map. Wear your maroon and white (or you're blue, white and grey) with pride because he's about to allow all of us to walk a little taller and stick out chest out a litter further.

Dawgface
08-28-2016, 07:54 AM
Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round.

Draft round is indicative but not the end all be all.. anybody who is a Brady doubter at this point has their head buried in the sand.

Romo signed as a free agent after not being drafted in 2003.

djaymsu5
08-28-2016, 08:18 AM
I saw a great point on tv yesterday about what the Cowboys record was before Romo got hurt last year (3-1) and then after he got hurt (1-11). That's with 3 veteran qbs in the league only winning one game. It can't get any worse so why not take the risk with Dak? He's going to surprise the folks still doubting. Dak is a freaking gamer and always has been. Yes he will make mistakes but who doesn't? It doesn't hurt that he has time to pick defenses apart with that beast OL and he can always dump the ball off to Zeke and Morris. I wouldn't be surprised if he was rookie of the year.

Oleo
08-28-2016, 10:05 AM
This is ,obviously, the chance of a lifetime for Dak. I am proud of him and excited for his potential.

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2016, 10:46 AM

As much as I hate the dude, Tom Brady was drafted in the 7th round. Think he'd go there again if they could re-draft that class?

TaleofTwoDogs
08-28-2016, 01:12 PM
As much as I hate the dude, Tom Brady was drafted in the 7th round. Think he'd go there again if they could re-draft that class?

Sorry WMD, but TB was drafted in the 6th (199) in 2000. Of the 6 QBs drafted above him only Chad Pennington & Tee Martin had any luck in the NFL.

I like what you did there
08-30-2016, 10:59 AM
Rebel fan here. Wanted to say how great of a story Dak is. I'm not a Cowboy or Romo fan at all but I hope Dak has a ton of success.