PDA

View Full Version : At this point, I don't want the Bears to get the Death Penalty

M.Fillmore
08-27-2016, 09:07 AM
I want the NCAA to stretch it out over a long time.
NOA part 1: 40 over 5
NOA part 2: 40 over 5

Bury them for 10-15 years.
I think the culture of corruption over a long time, justifies it.

So here is my question: what is your preferred NCAA punishment for the Bears?

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2016, 09:11 AM
I'd love it if they got the death penalty. Mainly because I think the SEC would have to seriously consider booting them. That would make us THE program in MS and completely change our future. After all the shit they have pulled over the years, it would be true justice.

msstate7
08-27-2016, 09:18 AM
40 scholarships over 4 years
Freeze show cause
2 year post season ban

Duckdog
08-27-2016, 09:29 AM
I even want their chest team to get the death penalty. **** THEM

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
08-27-2016, 09:49 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ZIeNQNWJxcHWU/giphy.gif

Bury them Rebel SOB's alive! Hailstate
40 schollys loss over 4 years
4year bowl ban
The whole athletic admin shit canned

Leroy Jenkins
08-27-2016, 09:58 AM
I even want their chest team to get the death penalty. **** THEM

Chest Team?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hQU2b2yNav0/Tc49MNbjIKI/AAAAAAAAAYo/_pfdaKgr_38/s1600/chelsea_charms+big+boobs+1.jpg

1bigdawg
08-27-2016, 10:01 AM
I'd love it if they got the death penalty. Mainly because I think the SEC would have to seriously consider booting them. That would make us THE program in MS and completely change our future. After all the shit they have pulled over the years, it would be true justice.

This.

Quaoarsking
08-27-2016, 10:06 AM
https://tyrionlannister.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/daenerys-targaryen-quote-Im-going-to-break-the-wheel.png

I do. If Ole Miss gets the death penalty (very unlikely, but this is a hypothetical), it breaks the wheel of football in Mississippi. We'll be the undisputed top dog in Mississippi (even if Ole Miss manages to stay in the SEC, which I would doubt) and will rise to a top tier program.

If Ole Miss only gets penalties but keeps playing, we may be on top of the wheel a little longer than usual, but it will spin back eventually and keep spinning like it has for decades.

DownwardDawg
08-27-2016, 10:09 AM
https://tyrionlannister.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/daenerys-targaryen-quote-Im-going-to-break-the-wheel.png

I do. If Ole Miss gets the death penalty (very unlikely, but this is a hypothetical), it breaks the wheel of football in Mississippi. We'll be the undisputed top dog in Mississippi (even if Ole Miss manages to stay in the SEC, which I would doubt) and will rise to a top tier program.

If Ole Miss only gets penalties but keeps playing, we may be on top of the wheel a little longer than usual, but it will spin back eventually and keep spinning like it has for decades.

Yep. Death Penalty would be by far the best option.

starkvegasdawg
08-27-2016, 10:24 AM
I want the team disbanded. Coaches scattered to the winds. Stadium leveled. Grove clear cut and a strip mall built on top of it.

msbulldog
08-27-2016, 11:09 AM
I think the most scholarship losses they will face is 30-35 over 3, that's as harsh as USCw got. That will pretty well cripple them, by year 3 of the sanction they will be down to 50-55 scholarship players. With natural attrition of an average of approximately 15 players per year (55/4). It will take them approximately 4 years to get back to 85 (25 signees - 15 attrition = 10 players/year gain = 3 to 4 years to get back to 85 players). This calculation is very simplified and generalized, but I believe this is a good approximation of what mississippi faces. This means that mississippi will field a team that is below players level of their competition for 7-8 years, probably more.
All other sanctions are on the table.

1bigdawg
08-27-2016, 11:16 AM
I think the most scholarship losses they will face is 30-35 over 3, that's as harsh as USCw got.

I know USCw sanctions were considered really tough, but doesn't UNM have many more violations that include everything they busted USCw for and more?

WinningIsRelentless
08-27-2016, 11:18 AM
36 over 4
4 year bowl ban
10 million penalty
Freeze must coach all 4 years (don't let that sob slide out without having to deal with some ass kickings)

ckDOG
08-27-2016, 11:25 AM
I want a tv ban so the conference has to consider kicking their asses out for disrupting the broadcast revenue gravy train.

msbulldog
08-27-2016, 11:34 AM
I know USCw sanctions were considered really tough, but doesn't UNM have many more violations that include everything they busted USCw for and more?

I see your logic and agree more violations more scholly losses, but I don't think the NCAA will go above 30-35. The USC case is very similar to mississippi's case. But this is just my opinion and you know what opinions are!

msstate7
08-27-2016, 11:40 AM
I see your logic and agree more violations more scholly losses, but I don't think the NCAA will go above 30-35. The USC case is very similar to mississippi's case. But this is just my opinion and you know what opinions are!

No idea what the NCAA will or won't do, but smu basketball just lost 9 scholarships over 3 years. 9/13 is 69%, which is the equivalent of 59 scholarships in football

StatesboroBlues
08-27-2016, 11:57 AM
I think the most scholarship losses they will face is 30-35 over 3, that's as harsh as USCw got. That will pretty well cripple them, by year 3 of the sanction they will be down to 50-55 scholarship players. With natural attrition of an average of approximately 15 players per year (55/4). It will take them approximately 4 years to get back to 85 (25 signees - 15 attrition = 10 players/year gain = 3 to 4 years to get back to 85 players). This calculation is very simplified and generalized, but I believe this is a good approximation of what mississippi faces. This means that mississippi will field a team that is below players level of their competition for 7-8 years, probably more.

I believe if they lost 30 over three they would end up below the 55 you mention. With that type of scholarship loss you would think they would have a bowl ban or 2. More or less, for every transfer you have you lose the opportunity to make up for them past the 15 scholarships per year. If any one does not make their grades in a class...you lose the ability to count back and make up for that scholarship.

StatesboroBlues
08-27-2016, 12:09 PM
No idea what the NCAA will or won't do, but smu basketball just lost 9 scholarships over 3 years. 9/13 is 69%, which is the equivalent of 59 scholarships in football

I may be wrong but I think that is 9 total...as in if they have 11 this year and 11 next year they would only be able to have 8 the next to total the 9. Little different than being down to 4 after year 3.

Someone please correct me but thought that was how I read it when it came down. Something about them accepting two that SMU had already reduced from the previous year.

BulldogBear
08-27-2016, 12:20 PM

This^^^^

They'll change but they won't stop. They're too arrogant not to. They'll just think, okay we got caught....so now how will we do it. They may only sign 15 players per year for several years, but you watch, near the end o f sanctions those 15 players will be a bunch of four stars. The only way the NCAA is going to stop this douchebaggery is give them no team to recruit to.

msstate7
08-27-2016, 12:21 PM
I may be wrong but I think that is 9 total...as in if they have 11 this year and 11 next year they would only be able to have 8 the next to total the 9. Little different than being down to 4 after year 3.

Someone please correct me but thought that was how I read it when it came down. Something about them accepting two that SMU had already reduced from the previous year.

You're probably right... It sounded unbelievably harse the way I thought it worked

BulldogBear
08-27-2016, 12:24 PM

And how many players will go to Ole Miss as um, "walk-ons" because of the beautiful campus? They don't have to be on a sports scholarship to he on scholarship. Watch how many four stars will suddenly be brilliant academic types that get teary eyed at the sight of beautiful campuses.

BulldogBacker
08-27-2016, 01:00 PM

One must be both realistic and pragmatic about this. When SMU got the death penalty, it broke up the Southwest Conference, and spawned the expansion of the Big 8. I do not want something similar happening to the SEC. I think public excoriation is just as powerful. Of course, they should be severely penalized. Those of us old enough, remember the putrefaction emitting from Oxford with the Billy Brewer probation. Tommy Tuberville came in, and used their "network" to get some very good professional "walkons." Ole Miss hardly missed a step. With cheating dug as deeply into the fabric of the University of Mississippi as it is, they would need lengthy and very severe penalties, including the NCAA keeping a compliance investigator living on the Square. Therefore, I am in favor of this:

1. Reduction of maximum authorized scholarships to 65 the first year, 50 for the second year, 45 the third year, and 50 the 4th year and 65 the final year of a 5 year probation..
2. Show cause for the Athletic Director, Head Coach, and all coaches proven to be cheaters for life.
3. Require a public announcement before each game throughout the Vaught-Hemingway stadium with bold letters on their jumbotrons this statement: "Home of the University of Mississippi, worst cheater in NCAA since SMU."
4. Have Ole Miss make public announcements in every flagship state newspaper in the SEC that they apologize for being the worst cheaters since SMU.

1bigdawg
08-27-2016, 01:12 PM
One must be both realistic and pragmatic about this. When SMU got the death penalty, it broke up the Southwest Conference, and spawned the expansion of the Big 8. I do not want something similar happening to the SEC.

While I do not believe the death penalty is a realistic possibility (now in MACRO for Shotgun), it would not damage the SEC. The conference would have other schools begging to join, even from other power 5 conferences. Look at how many schools are trying to join the comparatively weak B12.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-27-2016, 01:19 PM
And how many players will go to Ole Miss as um, "walk-ons" because of the beautiful campus? They don't have to be on a sports scholarship to he on scholarship. Watch how many four stars will suddenly be brilliant academic types that get teary eyed at the sight of beautiful campuses.

I see this get brought up a ton but I bet we don't see any of this.

1bigdawg
08-27-2016, 01:24 PM

Why wouldn't we? It did happen in the Tubberville era.

starkvegasdawg
08-27-2016, 01:32 PM
Doing that would be tantamount to shooting the NCAA the bird and saying if that's all you got then you just need to go home because you hand down penalties like a little bitch.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-27-2016, 01:33 PM
Why wouldn't we? It did happen in the Tubberville era.

What high end recruit (4* or better) did tubberville get to walk on?

1bigdawg
08-27-2016, 01:38 PM
What high end recruit (4* or better) did tubberville get to walk on?

I don't remember any and did not read the other poster's first post well enough. However, he did bring in a few players who played and added to depth and perhaps even started. My memory is of them having a high proportion of walk on contributors.

Drugs Delaney
08-27-2016, 01:55 PM
I want it bad enough where people are watching vacated wins over Bama and Stste in the grove while Alcotn State runs the score up on their current team a few hundred yards away

SheltonChoked
08-27-2016, 02:23 PM
I don't want an NCAA death penalty. I want worse. I want Ole Miss to volunteer to give up football. Due to not finding a coach to take the job. Due to the booster club being disassociated. Due to 100 over 10. Due to 12 years of cheating being punished.

I want to tell stories to my grand kids about the old egg bowl. And them ask why MSU played a DIII school that long.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 02:31 PM
I don't remember any and did not read the other poster's first post well enough. However, he did bring in a few players who played and added to depth and perhaps even started. My memory is of them having a high proportion of walk on contributors.

It was just one of those things where there happened to be some good walk-on legacies at the time like Walker Jones and Matt Luke. They won't get to the Sugar Bowl with those kind of guys.

The other thing that should be mentioned is because they were on probation they had to start a walk-on QB in the 1998 Egg Bowl because they hadn't quite recovered completely at that point as well.

Major recruits are not going to walk on there while their friends are being recognized on NSD.

dawgoneyall
08-27-2016, 02:35 PM
I want the team disbanded. Coaches scattered to the winds. Stadium leveled. Grove clear cut and a strip mall built on top of it.

No. Cow pasture with cows.

M.Fillmore
08-27-2016, 03:01 PM
I want to tell stories to my grand kids about the old egg bowl. And them ask why MSU played a DIII school that long.

I like the way this man thinks.

Turfdawg67
08-27-2016, 03:05 PM

Unless there is a clause I don't know about... I don't believe you can kick out a charter member of the SEC

BulldogBear
08-27-2016, 03:42 PM
I guess just really that I'll believe they quit cheating when I see it. It's not about sports with them. It's about trying validate what they've already convinced themselves of...that they are superior to cow colleges and are peers of and even an inspiration to Bama, LSU, USC, and Ohio State type programs. They HAVE to keep it up or face reality. I don't think they tend to choose the latter.

Doing that would be tantamount to shooting the NCAA the bird and saying if that's all you got then you just need to go home because you hand down penalties like a little bitch.if any school ever would do this, it is UMiss

gravedigger
08-27-2016, 04:46 PM

You dont think so because they HAVENT. Not because they WONT

gravedigger
08-27-2016, 04:48 PM

Unless there is a clause I don't know about... I don't believe you can kick out a charter member of the SEC

Correct. Not without their vote. That can only happen if they request it.

gravedigger
08-27-2016, 04:51 PM

1 tight end and 1 qb. (At the very least)

thf24
08-27-2016, 05:00 PM

I'm sure there's some kind of provision against this or pretty much everyone would regularly abuse it in various ways. Regardless, if they're foolishly inclined to keep the network going after they get crippled (probably), I'd find it more likely they'd just pay "walk-ons" under the table than going to the trouble of arranging pseduo-scholarships for them.

Duckdog
08-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Chest Team?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hQU2b2yNav0/Tc49MNbjIKI/AAAAAAAAAYo/_pfdaKgr_38/s1600/chelsea_charms+big+boobs+1.jpg

Stupid spell check. But yes **** their chest team too

Dolphus Raymond
08-27-2016, 08:21 PM
Well, RebelBruiser says Ole Miss has a file on MSU so we better watch our step. Damn.
Some of those guys really need to take a deep breath. The deeper the s--t gets the more bizarre some of those guys act. Oh, and Ole Miss is going to skull f--k the NCAA in court, so they've got that going for them, too.

msstatelp1
08-27-2016, 08:25 PM
I'm sure there's some kind of provision against this or pretty much everyone would regularly abuse it in various ways. Regardless, if they're foolishly inclined to keep the network going after they get crippled (probably), I'd find it more likely they'd just pay "walk-ons" under the table than going to the trouble of arranging pseduo-scholarships for them.

I don't think they'll stop paying players regardless of the punishment. I just hope the NCAA keeps tabs on them and catches them again, then gives them the Death Penalty as a repeat offender.

Dolphus Raymond
08-27-2016, 08:27 PM
Maybe it's just me but I'd enjoy burying my face between those just to say I did.

TrapGame
08-27-2016, 08:49 PM
I want to see om become so historically pitiful on the field that Vandy takes knees in the fourth to keep from running up the score.

anubus
08-28-2016, 01:07 PM
huge scholarship reductions so they can look up at us as we become the kings for life in the state and Hugh Freeze doing this in front of his Ol Missy minions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1OXAi7rNMg

anubus
08-28-2016, 01:12 PM
Well, RebelBruiser says Ole Miss has a file on MSU so we better watch our step. Damn.
Some of those guys really need to take a deep breath. The deeper the s--t gets the more bizarre some of those guys act. Oh, and Ole Miss is going to skull f--k the NCAA in court, so they've got that going for them, too.

So ol missy prissy wants to play operation Samson? They need to drag bama into it they're the ones doin it to em esp. lil bear Bryant, My dream is prissy missy being decimated and some pain being inflicted on that old drunk lil Bryant he's a pos.