PDA

View Full Version : Univ. South Panola falls to 0-2.

starkvegasdawg
08-27-2016, 06:24 AM
Meridian does the deed this week. I'm sure there's random people across the state enjoying this.

msstate7
08-27-2016, 06:28 AM
Their coach must have saw this coming and announced his exit preseason

DownwardDawg
08-27-2016, 06:50 AM
Awesome. Hope they lose em all.

DownwardDawg
08-27-2016, 06:51 AM
Meridian does the deed this week. I'm sure there's random people across the state enjoying this.

I see what u did there.

Jack Lambert
08-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Their coach must have saw this coming and announced his exit preseason

Or maybe revenge for forcing him out.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 11:59 AM

This was probably going to happen to South Panola no matter what as 6A football and the sport becomes increasingly white collar. They don't have the resources that the Jackson Metro, Gulf Coast, DeSoto County schools do.

mic
08-27-2016, 12:06 PM
Curse of the Goat- Cubs
Curse of the Bambino- Red Sox
Curse of the C34- South Panola

War Machine Dawg
08-27-2016, 03:31 PM
This was probably going to happen to South Panola no matter what as 6A football and the sport becomes increasingly white collar. They don't have the resources that the Jackson Metro, Gulf Coast, DeSoto County schools do.

LOL, riiiiight.

oldwave
08-27-2016, 03:42 PM

Funds are not the problem. They are ok where the rubber meets the road, if you know what I mean.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 04:05 PM
Funds are not the problem. They are ok where the rubber meets the road, if you know what I mean.

I'm talking more about the funds of their actual players as individuals rather than the program itself. I'm referring more to private instruction more than anything.

ETDawg
08-27-2016, 04:32 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg34 agAin

WinningIsRelentless
08-27-2016, 04:46 PM
Its football not band! Only position really that benefits from private lessons is qb and that you still have to have athletic ability.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 05:40 PM
Its football not band! Only position really that benefits from private lessons is qb and that you still have to have athletic ability.

Exactly right about quarterback. And as offenses get more sophisticated at the high school level and Mississippi teams get more and more efficient at it, it hurts South Panola because with the talent that they produce plus demographics a ground and pound style league favors them.

I'd also say private lessons benefit kickers and punters as well. I'd also say that private strength training helps level the playing field as well.

msujan
08-27-2016, 08:11 PM

I'm still pondering the idea that retirement was announced following offer of immunity.

WinningIsRelentless
08-27-2016, 08:26 PM
Exactly right about quarterback. And as offenses get more sophisticated at the high school level and Mississippi teams get more and more efficient at it, it hurts South Panola because with the talent that they produce plus demographics a ground and pound style league favors them.

I'd also say private lessons benefit kickers and punters as well. I'd also say that private strength training helps level the playing field as well.

Tell me who teaches private kicking and punting lessons in the state? Strength training helps a little but i would be willing to bet a large pay check less than 5% of the kids playing high school football in ms gets it. To take it a step further probably only 30% of those getting it play public school football.