PDA

View Full Version : Hell of a rumor

BeastMan
08-26-2016, 10:36 PM
Over on sps.... This would be nuclear mushroom cloud huge IF IF IF true.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/A223D2B1-0AEC-4329-A924-6B217E0EE044_zpsrjb5wtyn.png

Commercecomet24
08-26-2016, 10:39 PM
Man if only that were to be true! Wow!

Mjoelner34
08-26-2016, 10:47 PM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?46913-Revised-Ole-Miss-sanctions-prediction-Maroon-Friday-Edition

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg View Post

I can tell you one thing, some of the things that will come out over the next 6 months will shake the network down to its very core..... I am writing this with the hopes that you will accept this so that you are not Blindsided when the facts come out.

Leroy Jenkins
08-26-2016, 10:49 PM
Their real rival.

HaggardDawg
08-26-2016, 10:50 PM
Not sure about the disassociation, but that story about Tuohy is true. I heard it back in February.

BeastMan
08-26-2016, 10:50 PM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?46913-Revised-Ole-Miss-sanctions-prediction-Maroon-Friday-Edition

I can tell you one thing, some of the things that will come out over the next 6 months will shake the network down to its very core..... I am writing this with the hopes that you will accept this so that you are not Blindsided when the facts come out.

Good find. Perhaps he had the same rumor and was foreshadowing

msstate7
08-26-2016, 10:53 PM
Not sure about the disassociation, but that story about Tuohy is true. I heard it back in February.

Gotta name for the recruit?

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2016, 10:54 PM
The story 57strat told is true. I have been told the same story by extremely credible sources.

However, I have no clue if he's been disassociated.

Is there anyway to find out?

HaggardDawg
08-26-2016, 10:59 PM
Can't remember if he told me the recruit or not but what I was told was the family and recruit were in freezes office. Freeze excused himself to "take a phone call" and in walks Tuohy several minutes later. Tuohy basically asks them what it would take to get the kid to OM. Lays out the how he and OM would take care of him etc. Touhy leaves the room and freeze comes back several minutes later.

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2016, 11:08 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mRadA7074wk

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2016, 11:14 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/7201260ec9e7896c4c6c2f5a9788a933/tumblr_mmavrlAbbB1r3d4eto1_500.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/h26jBf003HeqA/giphy.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ivcoe6X.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/5090182f8b428e8023c917c583d661e1/tumblr_mnyhrjHMAh1s9362xo1_400.gif

HSVDawg
08-27-2016, 12:01 AM
Gotta name for the recruit?

If it really is an LSU kid, my guess would be Malachi Dupre. They pulled out all the stops to get a visit from him and a lot of their fans thought they had a shot at him.

Bodaski
08-27-2016, 12:33 AM

I've heard the same. I don't believe the player went to LSU. But he is in the SEC and on team in the west. I don't think the name should be mentioned yet. I'm anxious to see if this rumor makes the amended NOA.

Maroonthirteen
08-27-2016, 02:58 AM
Death penalty.

Please NCAA, please.

JohnnyQuid
08-27-2016, 03:32 AM
Death penalty.

Please NCAA, please.

will never happen again no matter the dirt done.

such a penalty affects the university as a whole which affects towns/cities as a whole. after SMU the aftershock was too great - freshman enrollment plummeted. the rest followed .

I hope for the absolute worst for the bears but a death penalty it shall not be.ever. in the wildest of wild dreams.

here's hoping to the worst of whats possible

Bucky Dog
08-27-2016, 06:43 AM
This is so true. And who really thinks it is only one kid they interacted with? Come on people! Think about the connection with the Touhy's and Freeze. Remember my connect the dots game a month ago? You have read DD's revelation on the Inn at Oxford. I wonder if the Touhy's would be one of those so called donors? Hmmm. There must be a way to search the records to find out.

EAVdog
08-27-2016, 07:09 AM

How do you dissassociate with someone who's name is on an Athletic Bldg?

Really Clark?
08-27-2016, 07:22 AM

such a penalty affects the university as a whole which affects towns/cities as a whole. after SMU the aftershock was too great - freshman enrollment plummeted. the rest followed .

I hope for the absolute worst for the bears but a death penalty it shall not be.ever. in the wildest of wild dreams.

here's hoping to the worst of whats possible

I have to disagree with you partially here. Unless you are meaning another power 5 football team, that may be true. But the NCAA has used the death penalty on more than one occasion since SMU in various sports even in division 1. Texas State was just before losing their entire athletic department before their recent changes to clean up the programs. Which they seem to have done a good job with. And don't forget the COI seriously considered the death penalty for the scandal at Penn State. So I think it may happen again to a power 5 football team but it would have to be very egregious repeat violators or an extreme scandal.

Coach66
08-27-2016, 07:35 AM
I've heard the same. I don't believe the player went to LSU. But he is in the SEC and on team in the west. I don't think the name should be mentioned yet. I'm anxious to see if this rumor makes the amended NOA.

Nm

Jarius
08-27-2016, 07:44 AM
I do not believe that Ole Miss will get the death penalty, but I do believe that someone will eventually. As someone else has stated, they have done it in other sports since SMU. However, if the NCAA does what it looks like they are going to do to Ole Miss, it will scare some people into keeping tighter tabs on their boosters. Eventually people will always go back to what they are though. I look forward to the return to the wilderness for Ole Miss. I just hope that they get caught again as a repeat offender so that the death penalty will actually be on the table.

AlSwearengen
08-27-2016, 07:44 AM
Nm

OL?

Coach66
08-27-2016, 07:56 AM
Nm

Dolphus Raymond
08-27-2016, 08:17 AM
F--k talking in code. Mat Womack?

HailState39110
08-27-2016, 08:23 AM
It would make sense . Kid was a highly recruited OL From Senatobia. Touhy is from Memhpis area

Spiderman
08-27-2016, 08:24 AM
Over on sps.... This would be nuclear mushroom cloud huge IF IF IF true.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/A223D2B1-0AEC-4329-A924-6B217E0EE044_zpsrjb5wtyn.png

If so, must have been after Letter came out, because those violations aren't in the letter.

IF that were in anyway proven to be sure, that would be the coaching equivalent of the death penalty for Freeze and OM might as well get a death penalty.

BeastMan
08-27-2016, 08:30 AM
If so, must have been after Letter came out, because those violations aren't in the letter.

IF that were in anyway proven to be sure, that would be the coaching equivalent of the death penalty for Freeze and OM might as well get a death penalty.

If this is true (and I'm not saying it is, I have no idea), I would assume this came out of the immunity interview.

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2016, 08:31 AM
Trading texts about this with my Barn cousin resulted in this classic - "Even Terry Bowden knew to keep boosters away on recruiting weekends. Jimmy Rane(yellow fella) bitched and cried, but wasn't even that stupid."

Dolphus Raymond
08-27-2016, 08:31 AM
I'm starting to get an idea who was granted immunity at Alabama other than Bo Scarborough.

Saltydog
08-27-2016, 08:37 AM
The other possibly being Shyheim Carter maybe, or had that already been turned over to the NCAA? Wasn't there something to the affect that he spoke to them as a condition to be allowed back into the fold at UA? So, speculation has it that it was MSU and Auburn players but seems like there may be up to three Bama players involved in this whole ordeal.

Dolphus Raymond
08-27-2016, 08:45 AM
This is a lot to digest early on a Saturday morning. I realize it is only a rumor, but if it is only partially true, the NCAA is going to carpet-bomb the Ole Miss football program. "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" and the "whole" is starting to take form.
Yes, Ole Miss fans that I know are reading this, you, me, and the rest of us know IT may be really bad. Keep in mind I said MAY be really bad.

MedDawg
08-27-2016, 09:47 AM

While a football death penalty would hurt Oxford some, I doubt it hurt Dallas too much. Also, SMU purposefully de-emphasized football after their scandal. An SEC team would not.

I think Ole Miss may be at a point where a death penalty wouldn't kill the school or even the program for too long. Ole Miss (and State) both have enough money and facilities to come back from a DP, although it would take longer than it would Bama. If Bama hired the right coach, they could come back from the death penalty in 4-5 years and be back at/near the top of the SEC. In 4-5 years after a death penalty OM and State could be improve to pass Vandy/UK/whatever the #12 team and get to the lower-middle of the SEC to where our floor appears to be now. If we hired the right coach.

Of course, it may be very difficult to find that right coach. It might require a lot of luck.

Others have stated here that OM would be hurt more by a long probation and 4 years of scholarship losses than a 2-year death penalty. That's possible, although a death penalty would hurt their long-term rep more and be a lot more fun for us to talk about for years.

Leroy Jenkins
08-27-2016, 09:49 AM
As bad as I want this to be true, I don't see how any of the parties involved would have admitted to this. There would have to be really, really bad blood between the Womacks and om for someone to testify to somthing this big.

Dawgowar
08-27-2016, 09:52 AM
NCAA appoints Chairman of COI Hearing UNM Case:

https://s25.postimg.org/4k54orgov/41120437.jpg

BeastMan
08-27-2016, 10:04 AM
As bad as I want this to be true, I don't see how any of the parties involved would have admitted to this. There would have to be really, really bad blood between the Womacks and om for someone to testify to somthing this big.

I don't know if this rumor is true but I can speak with some certainty about Matt's recruitment. MSU recruited him the hardest and they respected that but Matt didn't hit it off with Hev. They did not have that same respect for OM. There was some bad vibes there. He actually really liked LSU but when Bama turned up the heat and it was obvious he was a priority for them, he jumped at the opportunity. He didn't return Bama's advances for a while. He was fully committed to LSU. At some point, the full court press from Bama, Saban, & all his titles broke the dam.

1bigdawg
08-27-2016, 10:04 AM
While a football death penalty would hurt Oxford some, I doubt it hurt Dallas too much. Also, SMU purposefully de-emphasized football after their scandal. An SEC team would not.

I think Ole Miss may be at a point where a death penalty wouldn't kill the school or even the program for too long. Ole Miss (and State) both have enough money and facilities to come back from a DP, although it would take longer than it would Bama. If Bama hired the right coach, they could come back from the death penalty in 4-5 years and be back at/near the top of the SEC. In 4-5 years after a death penalty OM and State could be improve to pass Vandy/UK/whatever the #12 team and get to the lower-middle of the SEC to where our floor appears to be now. If we hired the right coach.

Of course, it may be very difficult to find that right coach. It might require a lot of luck.

Others have stated here that OM would be hurt more by a long probation and 4 years of scholarship losses than a 2-year death penalty. That's possible, although a death penalty would hurt their long-term rep more and be a lot more fun for us to talk about for years.

The thing about the death penalty is it would give the SEC an excuse to kick UNM out of the conference. Then, they would not have a chance to come back. They would truly be "UNM" and could play USM every year in their rivalry.

1bigdawg
08-27-2016, 10:06 AM

Actually, if the NCAA got wind of a violation with him, then the pressure to come clean with the promise of immunity would be huge.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2016, 10:07 AM
MSU recruited him the hardest and they respected that but Matt didn't hit it off with Hev.

BREAKING:.......................There is a trend here, there is a trend, I repeat, there is a trend

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2016, 10:09 AM
I didn't realize Tuohy graduated from Isadore Newman in New Orleans which the same school that the Mannings went to.

I realize the years don't match up, but there just seems to be so many coincidences & connections

StatesboroBlues
08-27-2016, 10:25 AM
The thing about the death penalty is it would give the SEC an excuse to kick UNM out of the conference. Then, they would not have a chance to come back. They would truly be "UNM" and could play USM every year in their rivalry.

Possible for sure...having said that, Long probation and 4 years of scholarship losses is not close to A 2 year death penalty.

msbulldog
08-27-2016, 10:35 AM
BREAKING:.......................There is a trend here, there is a trend, I repeat, there is a trend

Agree!

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2016, 10:38 AM

I get your point, but posts like this make us look ridiculous & lose credibility.

I realize it's all hypotheticals, but at Devious' penalty break down posts include a breaking down of the situation & a tallying of penalties based off past precedent. Post like Devious' bring credibility to the board because they include reason & logic, but when people speculate about the death penalty, I believe it has the opposite affect.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2016, 10:40 AM
Agree!

This is kind of the problem right. Sure Ole Miss going on probation can only help us, but, if those recruits still believe our OL coach is a massive douche bag, we still aren't likely to land them

msstate7
08-27-2016, 10:51 AM
This is kind of the problem right. Sure Ole Miss going on probation can only help us, but, if those recruits still believe our OL coach is a massive douche bag, we still aren't likely to land them

I think we're headed in the right direction with oline recruiting...

Rankin
Williams
Story
Eiland
Reese
Champion
Suggs
Phillips

Out of this group, I think we're gonna have a solid oline next season and the following couple years. Lashley and cushenberry were big blows though

starkvegasdawg
08-27-2016, 10:51 AM
What's everybody's gut instinct on this disassociation being true? Not the back story of what led to it but him actually being told to get gone and stay gone. I'd put him just below Archie on the list of untouchables so I think they'd have to know they are in VERY serious trouble and not likely to spin their way out of it. That being said I give it about a 30% chance.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2016, 10:57 AM

Rankin
Williams
Story
Eiland
Reese
Champion
Suggs
Phillips

Out of this group, I think we're gonna have a solid oline next season and the following couple years. Lashley and cushenberry were big blows though

Good point. If we would've landed Lashley & Cush, our OL would be seriously headed in the right direction.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2016, 10:58 AM
What's everybody's gut instinct on this disassociation being true? Not the back story of what led to it but him actually being told to get gone and stay gone. I'd put him just below Archie on the list of untouchables so I think they'd have to know they are in VERY serious trouble and not likely to spin their way out of it. That being said I give it about a 30% chance.

I have my reservations, but the story is true, so it's at least plausible. Most every other rumor has been true from MSU people in this affair, so why not this one?

BossDawg
08-27-2016, 11:06 AM
I'm telling you, UM got DESPERATE, you hear me? DES-PER-ATE this time. I can absolutely see them saying some crap like this if they knew it would help them get a signature, and as gullible and hungry for attention as a lot of these big recruits are, I can see them believing it. Freeze and Tuohy knew this and I'd bet the farm they filled this recruit's head with this mumbo-jumbo.

1bigdawg
08-27-2016, 11:19 AM
I get your point, but posts like this make us look ridiculous & lose credibility.

I realize it's all hypotheticals, but at Devious' penalty break down posts include a breaking down of the situation & a tallying of penalties based off past precedent. Post like Devious' bring credibility to the board because they include reason & logic, but when people speculate about the death penalty, I believe it has the opposite affect.

Sorry. I get tired of typing that I don't believe it will happen.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 11:27 AM

Rankin
Williams
Story
Eiland
Reese
Champion
Suggs
Phillips

Our two high school o-line recruits just so happen to be in Terrell Buckley's territory.

The fact that one of your "could have" landed prospects is from West Point MS speaks volumes.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 11:29 AM
I didn't realize Tuohy graduated from Isadore Newman in New Orleans which the same school that the Mannings went to.

I realize the years don't match up, but there just seems to be so many coincidences & connections

I do think that part about Newman is a coincidence. It's a very high end school to say the least.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 11:31 AM
I'm telling you, UM got DESPERATE, you hear me? DES-PER-ATE this time. I can absolutely see them saying some crap like this if they knew it would help them get a signature, and as gullible and hungry for attention as a lot of these big recruits are, I can see them believing it. Freeze and Tuohy knew this and I'd bet the farm they filled this recruit's head with this mumbo-jumbo.

They got desperate when Dan started to kick their ass. Cheating like they did was the only way they were going to beat him.

Liverpooldawg
08-27-2016, 11:52 AM

I don't buy it, yet. They won't do that unless they are in no uncertain terms FORCED to.

Op4isabitch
08-27-2016, 11:56 AM
I don't know if it's true or not but the fat useless piece of shit was on the OleMiss campus within the last 10 days.

lastmajordog
08-27-2016, 12:06 PM

I think if leigh ann pulled a xena reb the bearsharks WOULD SKATE!!!

DeviousDawg
08-27-2016, 12:06 PM

Haha I have been dropping clues like this for a while now. I'm not 100% certain if Tuohy has been disassociated yet, but it's only a matter of time. I can say with with 100% certainty that the NCAA has the goods on Tuohy. These goods directly involve Tthe Tuohy's, recruits, and Coch Hugh Freeze..

Freeze brought a recruit into the Inn and then brings the recruit to the Tuohy's room and provides a brief introduction between the recruit and the Tuohy's and then leaves the room. Well, lets just say someone that was in the room after freeze left has decided to spill the beans.

As bad as it seems for them guys, it is truly just beginning.

Percho
08-27-2016, 12:07 PM
I don't know if it's true or not but the fat useless piece of shit was on the OleMiss campus within the last 10 days.

Saying good bye?

Bully13
08-27-2016, 12:12 PM
Damn...Wait till Hollywood hears about this.

parabrave
08-27-2016, 12:16 PM
NCAA appoints Chairman of COI Hearing UNM Case:

https://s25.postimg.org/4k54orgov/41120437.jpg

Winner

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2016, 12:18 PM
Haha I have been dropping clues like this for a while now. I'm not 100% certain if Tuohy has been disassociated yet, but it's only a matter of time. I can say with with 100% certainty that the NCAA has the goods on Tuohy. These goods directly involve Tthe Tuohy's, recruits, and Coch Hugh Freeze..

Freeze brought a recruit into the Inn and then brings the recruit to the Tuohy's room and provides a brief introduction between the recruit and the Tuohy's and then leaves the room. Well, lets just say someone that was in the room after freeze left has decided to spill the beans.

As bad as it seems for them guys, it is truly just beginning.

Did said "Someone" also work at Taco Tuohy?

MSUDawg99
08-27-2016, 12:21 PM
I do not believe that Ole Miss will get the death penalty, but I do believe that someone will eventually. As someone else has stated, they have done it in other sports since SMU. However, if the NCAA does what it looks like they are going to do to Ole Miss, it will scare some people into keeping tighter tabs on their boosters. Eventually people will always go back to what they are though. I look forward to the return to the wilderness for Ole Miss. I just hope that they get caught again as a repeat offender so that the death penalty will actually be on the table.

Curious why you think they won't give UNM death penalty, but will give it to someone else? What excuses UNM from it in your opinion?

DeviousDawg
08-27-2016, 12:52 PM
I'll just say that the NCAA is now well aware of how the Network uses the Inn. A lot of things have happened over the past month. It should be noted that my prediction for Freeze has gone from a few game suspensions to a 2-5 year show cause for a reason.

Everything has played out better than I could've ever expected.

Dawgowar
08-27-2016, 01:15 PM
I'll just say that the NCAA is now well aware of how the Network uses the Inn. A lot of things have happened over the past month. It should be noted that my prediction for Freeze has gone from a few game suspensions to a 2-5 year show cause for a reason.

I wonder if the 'official' relationship the Inn markets to donors will translate as 'institutional control' in the eyes of the NCAA. More to the point - does it mean the Administration of the School, not just the Athletic Department, is tied to this effort.

Technetium
08-27-2016, 01:20 PM

If you're right, you may end up being the most efficient poster on this board (highest reputation per post).

DeviousDawg
08-27-2016, 01:22 PM
I wonder if the 'official' relationship the Inn markets to donors will translate as 'institutional control' in the eyes of the NCAA. More to the point - does it mean the Administration of the School, not just the Athletic Department, is tied to this effort.

Yes. The Inn is run by the Alumni Association.

This shit goes sooooo deep. We are talking about an orchestrated effort to cheat by coaches, boosters, athletic administrators, the alumni association and the Oxford community itself. That my friends, is why Ole Miss will get Lack of Institutional Control, which will be the final nail in the coffin for our friends up north.

maroonmania
08-27-2016, 01:30 PM

This shit goes sooooo deep. We are talking about an orchestrated effort to cheat by coaches, boosters, athletic administrators, the alumni association and the Oxford community itself. That my friends, is why Ole Miss will get Lack of Institutional Control, which will be the final nail in the coffin for our friends up north.

But, but, but why do they even need to do all of this when they have such a beautiful campus.****

Dawgowar
08-27-2016, 01:30 PM

Keeping in mind most institutional control penalties are born out of ignorance and lack of attention - show a willful and orchestrated effort through all those layers - coaches, AD staff, Administration and boosters - wow. That is a seven course meal of destruction being offered to the NCAA COI.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 01:52 PM
But, but, but why do they even need to do all of this when they have such a beautiful campus.****

And hipster dive bars.

Bully13
08-27-2016, 01:53 PM
What is the "Inn" stuff yall talk about? Must have missed that one.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 01:56 PM
My question is does the second NOA get tacked on at the end separately or does it run concurrently? Also someone refresh my memory of how long repeat offender status lasts? Is it five years after the initial infraction?

I don't think Ole Miss will get the death penalty but if I'm the NCAA I would meet with their University president, their AD, and the SEC commissioner and I would certainly threaten it if they don't stop cheating. And if they keep cheating after the warning meeting I would do it at that point if I was the NCAA.

War Machine Dawg
08-27-2016, 03:22 PM
I don't know if this rumor is true but I can speak with some certainty about Matt's recruitment. MSU recruited him the hardest and they respected that but Matt didn't hit it off with Hev. They did not have that same respect for OM. There was some bad vibes there. He actually really liked LSU but when Bama turned up the heat and it was obvious he was a priority for them, he jumped at the opportunity. He didn't return Bama's advances for a while. He was fully committed to LSU. At some point, the full court press from Bama, Saban, & all his titles broke the dam.

Does any OL who isn't an overlooked 2-3 star?

Coursesuper
08-27-2016, 03:42 PM

This is a willful well orchestrated, cheating machine. All this will take some time for it to play out but it is going to be glorious to watch.

It seems right now they are still pulling out all the stops with the network in hopes to sign a top rated class to add to last years haul. This way they think they can ride out whatever sanctions come their way at the turn of the new year and not have the shelves completely bare when their probation is at its end. So far not much luck, but it's early yet.

Turfdawg67
08-27-2016, 03:42 PM
Curious why you think they won't give UNM death penalty, but will give it to someone else? What excuses UNM from it in your opinion?

Why? Three letters... S.E.C.. Too big, too powerful.

gravedigger
08-27-2016, 03:44 PM

such a penalty affects the university as a whole which affects towns/cities as a whole. le

So does the stopping of cocain, heroin and prescription drugs.

Your point agan?

gravedigger
08-27-2016, 03:46 PM
What is the "Inn" stuff yall talk about? Must have missed that one.

Ole miss has an on campus hotel or something close to it. That is where the tunsil entourage got some of their benefits. As well as others.

Dawgowar
08-27-2016, 03:58 PM
From the Ole Miss Alum website

"The Inn at Ole Miss: Active members receive 10 percent off ballroom and meeting spaces. Visit The Inn at Ole Miss online or call 662-234-2331 for more information.", has an @olemiss.edu email address at the hotel as well.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 04:03 PM
Ole miss has an on campus hotel or something close to it. That is where the tunsil entourage got some of their benefits. As well as others.

I didn't realize this was happening on their campus. I was thinking it was some Holiday Inn in Oxford.

Turfdawg67
08-27-2016, 04:05 PM

Sounds a lot like our Regal Inn off 82! LOL!

Coursesuper
08-27-2016, 04:07 PM
I didn't realize this was happening on their campus. I was thinking it was some Holiday Inn in Oxford.

Right next to the grove.

BeastMan
08-27-2016, 04:50 PM
Sounds a lot like our Regal Inn off 82! LOL!

RIP the Regal. The place where young alumni met to make memories they wouldn't remember.

JohnnyQuid
08-27-2016, 05:15 PM
I have to disagree with you partially here. Unless you are meaning another power 5 football team, that may be true. But the NCAA has used the death penalty on more than one occasion since SMU in various sports even in division 1. Texas State was just before losing their entire athletic department before their recent changes to clean up the programs. Which they seem to have done a good job with. And don't forget the COI seriously considered the death penalty for the scandal at Penn State. So I think it may happen again to a power 5 football team but it would have to be very egregious repeat violators or an extreme scandal.

since smu all other death penalties were self imposed or not division 1. I think division 3 and those might have been self imposed also.

Penn state had a guy molesting kids for decades being willfully ignored by the leaders of that school.

that deserved a death penalty probably but football is big business. I can't imagine a situation where they'd use it on a d1 school much less a power 5

JohnnyQuid
08-27-2016, 05:24 PM
So does the stopping of cocain, heroin and prescription drugs.

Your point agan?

still same point - death penalty effects are too far reaching and the ncaa didn't like how it effected smu back then - can u imagine in today's football climate if that penalty was levied on a major program. millions lost not just by the school but by the town and community where it's located.

just won't happen in any scenario I could imagine

lamont
08-27-2016, 05:32 PM
You guys are being very disrespectful to my Boss.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 05:32 PM
still same point - death penalty effects are too far reaching and the ncaa didn't like how it effected smu back then - can u imagine in today's football climate if that penalty was levied on a major program. millions lost not just by the school but by the town and community where it's located.

just won't happen in any scenario I could imagine

If Ole Miss keeps cheating like they are after these first two NOA's I could see it being seriously discussed at that point by the NCAA.

Todd4State
08-27-2016, 05:34 PM
You guys are being very disrespectful to my Boss.

I'll order an extra chalupa and put in a good word for you.

msbulldog
08-27-2016, 05:54 PM
My question is does the second NOA get tacked on at the end separately or does it run concurrently? Also someone refresh my memory of how long repeat offender status lasts? Is it five years after the initial infraction?

I don't think Ole Miss will get the death penalty but if I'm the NCAA I would meet with their University president, their AD, and the SEC commissioner and I would certainly threaten it if they don't stop cheating. And if they keep cheating after the warning meeting I would do it at that point if I was the NCAA.

I would think it is up to how it is written, just like prison sentences. Under the old rules a repeat offense in the 5 years after the original penalty warranted the death penalty, I don't know now under the new rules.

Really Clark?
08-27-2016, 05:54 PM
since smu all other death penalties were self imposed or not division 1. I think division 3 and those might have been self imposed also.

Penn state had a guy molesting kids for decades being willfully ignored by the leaders of that school.

that deserved a death penalty probably but football is big business. I can't imagine a situation where they'd use it on a d1 school much less a power 5

Yeah. They self imposed the death penalty because it was so bad they were going to get it anyway. It's not like they did it to up possible penalties. And it was a division II and III receiving the death penalty from the NCAA. Texas State was about to get one and the NCAA agreed to one final clean up in the administration and athletic department for a short time I believe. If they did not make significant improvement they would have received one. WKU self imposed and completely shut down their swim and/or dive team. The NCAA had already said to was be getting it and they used that as a way to disband a program for finacial reasons as well. I don't think they ever started it back.

And my second sentence specifically mentioned a power 5 football program may never have it happen to them. It would have to be extreme. Penn State was discussed. That kind of scandal or such a long period of willful violations. But your original post said the NCAA would never use it again. They have. You want to quantify it now in relation to strickly big time D1 football. Fine.

Dawgfan77
08-27-2016, 06:07 PM
RIP the Regal. The place where young alumni met to make memories the wouldn't remember.

Is the regal can closed?

JohnnyQuid
08-27-2016, 06:16 PM
Yeah. They self imposed the death penalty because it was so bad they were going to get it anyway. It's not like they did it to up possible penalties. And it was a division II and III receiving the death penalty from the NCAA. Texas State was about to get one and the NCAA agreed to one final clean up in the administration and athletic department for a short time I believe. If they did not make significant improvement they would have received one. WKU self imposed and completely shut down their swim and/or dive team. The NCAA had already said to was be getting it and they used that as a way to disband a program for finacial reasons as well. I don't think they ever started it back.

And my second sentence specifically mentioned a power 5 football program may never have it happen to them. It would have to be extreme. Penn State was discussed. That kind of scandal or such a long period of willful violations. But your original post said the NCAA would never use it again. They have. You want to quantify it now in relation to strickly big time D1 football. Fine.

I'd stand by my statement for any d1 program. you can hardly equate the effect it has on those schools to d 2 or d3 just isn't the same.

I'd love for it to happen to ole miss just not gonna or any other program in the foreseeable future

and yes I want to relegate it to d1 football. because that's what we're talking about not the dive team at southeast louisiana

Bodaski
08-27-2016, 08:20 PM

Disassociating Brad Lott did a lot of good. Ross Bjork was in a picture with him. They don't stay away if they have some power and money.

Liverpooldawg
08-27-2016, 08:42 PM
Disassociating Brad Lott did a lot of good. Ross Bjork was in a picture with him. They don't stay away if they have some power and money.

As long as they have a program they won't stop what they are doing. The NCAA needs to be aware of this.

JohnnyQuid
08-28-2016, 02:29 AM

yea it's a bad look and you know they knew some bad press would come with it - juice must be worth the squeeze cos OM wouldn't put themselves in that situation unless they were benefiting greatly

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 11:48 AM

It's the principle. Especially when they try to portray themselves as a hero for adopting a homeless five star tackle.

anubus
08-28-2016, 12:29 PM
any years ago I was dating a woman whose cousin played wr for TSUN I asked him how did he go from high school in Florida to Oxford MS and he rubbed his fingers Manziel style. Three decades of this 80s 90s 2000s warrants punishment. I wish Bama would get hammered as well-they do the same damned thing.

DownwardDawg
08-28-2016, 12:33 PM
any years ago I was dating a woman whose cousin played wr for TSUN I asked him how did he go from high school in Florida to Oxford MS and he rubbed his fingers Manziel style. Three decades of this 80s 90s 2000s warrants punishment. I wish Bama would get hammered as well-they do the same damned thing.

You will not convince anyone that Bama does the same thing. They have the greatest coach in college football, multiple national championships, the best program in college football, and NFL team rosters made up of Bama players. If I were a 5 star recruit living in California I'd be hoping for a call from Saban.

SDDawg
08-28-2016, 12:40 PM
It's the principle. Especially when they try to portray themselves as a hero for adopting a homeless five star tackle.

Correct - plus it sets them up for future, stiffer penalties.

anubus
08-28-2016, 01:15 PM
they've been nailed for doing crap a few times.But youre right unlike prissy missy they have street cred.

mstatefan91
08-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Anybody who watched the SMU 30 for 30 knows that the NCAA will never hand out the death penalty again. And I really don't wish it on OM. The rivalry is heated and nasty, but it is a big part of what draws fans in and together (on both sides).

OM not playing would be bad for our program as well.

mstatefan91
08-28-2016, 01:36 PM
You will not convince anyone that Bama does the same thing. They have the greatest coach in college football, multiple national championships, the best program in college football, and NFL team rosters made up of Bama players. If I were a 5 star recruit living in California I'd be hoping for a call from Saban.

This. Bama has the prestige to back them up. OM has nothing but some claimed titles 50 years ago.

OM looks suspicious in all of this for that very reason and now there is evidence to back up the suspicion. They deserve what is coming.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 01:43 PM
I think Bama cheats, but I don’t think they cheat on the level that Ole Miss does. Plus I think Saban doesn’t want to put up with any Tunsil-type incidents because those tend to happen when you buy players at the level Ole Miss does. In a sense the players end up owning you rather than the other way around.

As far as Penn State and the Death Penalty- I think a big reason that they didn’t get it is because I don’t believe they had been under much NCAA scrutiny before that scandal. If they had a history like Miami or Ole Miss, odds are better that they would have gotten it.

I don’t think the NCAA will give Ole Miss the death penalty, but I do think they basically could be almost like a walk-on program which is about the same thing as not having a team at all but they still get to have a football team.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2016, 01:48 PM
I think Bama cheats only to the point of making the player's decision about football rather than money. Ole Miss on the other hand is an instigator. Meaning they try to make the decision about money rather than football. Bama probably matches the price till it gets out of hand. I.e. Little, Patterson, and AJ Brown.

Goldendawg
08-28-2016, 01:57 PM
So Bama really didn't give Albert Means all that $ years ago and has been squeakly clean since their probation. Heck, they barely even have players from their home state. I will admit being very happy when Saban retires. Maybe they will slow down a little with a new coach.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 02:00 PM
I think Bama cheats only to the point of making the player's decision about football rather than money. Ole Miss on the other hand is an instigator. Meaning they try to make the decision about money rather than football. Bama probably matches the price till it gets out of hand. I.e. Little, Patterson, and AJ Brown.

Exactly. I don't think Bama tries to take advantage of the fact that a player is poor by offering a player and his family living accommodations and jobs. "Come to Ole Miss for your family."

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 02:01 PM
So Bama really didn't give Albert Means all that $ years ago and has been squeakly clean since their probation. Heck, they barely even have players from their home state. I will admit being very happy when Saban retires. Maybe they will slow down a little with a new coach.

I think it will be like when Bear Bryant left. It will probably be Lane Kiffen that takes over if I had to guess. They'll probably be a 7-10 win team which is still pretty good but not the monster they are right now.

Really Clark?
08-28-2016, 02:04 PM

Who said their booster didn't buy Means? And how is that relevant to their recuiting plan today with Saban and all the recent national title success?

IMissJack
08-28-2016, 02:09 PM
Anybody who watched the SMU 30 for 30 knows that the NCAA will never hand out the death penalty again. And I really don't wish it on OM. The rivalry is heated and nasty, but it is a big part of what draws fans in and together (on both sides).

Disagree, the best thing that ever happened to A&M was to quit playing Texas.

Really Clark?
08-28-2016, 02:14 PM
Exactly. I don't think Bama tries to take advantage of the fact that a player is poor by offering a player and his family living accommodations and jobs. "Come to Ole Miss for your family."

I agree and I think that with the players that are looking for big payments there are silent agreements that teams will decide if they will play but only in a certain price range for certain players. Then you still have multiple teams around the same figure in play. So the kid still is choosing on a somewhat level field and the other parts come into play with a final decision. But when you have a rouge element offering 50-100% more than anyone else and thumbing their nose at everyone, then that is strickly buying a player.

The speeding analogy used so many times is perfect. Yeah a lot of people speed. But getting a ticket for going 71 in a 65 on the highway just gets you a fine and you are on you way. Going 100 in a 25 mph school zone while firing your AK47 into the building blaring NWA's F*** Da Police while they are in pursuit gets you arrested and doing hard time. Both are speeding but one is reckless and committing a major crime in the process.

mstatefan91
08-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Disagree, the best thing that ever happened to A&M was to quit playing Texas.

Maybe so but it can't help the state or the SEC for OM to get the death penalty.

Really Clark?
08-28-2016, 02:23 PM
Maybe so but it can't help the state or the SEC for OM to get the death penalty.

Ummm. I don't know. The state losing a large percentage of the UNM lawyers that have been in power for decades may be just the change we need. ��

anubus
08-28-2016, 02:35 PM

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-alabama/article29055703.html

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 02:55 PM

If Ole Miss did by chance get the death penalty it wouldn?t be bad for our program at all. The only bad thing is we would have to play USM (I guess) in the Egg Bowl for a couple of years. But that?s only bad from a fan?s point of view. And even that is temporary.

If they get the Death Penalty it would be good for MSU other than what I mentioned above which really isn?t THAT bad. We would have a prime opportunity to pass them by in football and secure the state of Mississippi once and for all without question.

The culture of college football where we are in the power five and the Big 12 isn?t even looking at USM plus us playing and dominating USM the past two seasons effectively has taken care of them as a threat to us. Which is why I was a proponent of playing them even if it meant us going to Hattiesburg for one game and our fans getting gouged by the USM ticket office. Ever since those two games I haven?t heard one USM fan talking smack about 1980.

And then we basically treat the SWAC schools like the Roman empire treated their conquered states where we kick their ass and then give them money to support their athletic programs and keep them afloat. No threat there but just case there ever was any doubt. And yes, I remember before we played Jackson State in 2009 hearing a few of their fans talking about how that game with us would be close but none of them are going to even think that again.

The ONLY way we screw it up is to start losing ourselves like we did in 1995 where we went 3-8, lost to Northeast Louisiana and then lost the Egg Bowl. Actually we would have to have about 3-4 1995?s in a row. As much as Dan irritates me I doubt that happens. My point above is Ole Miss is really the only obstacle we have left as far as dominating the state in football. And I think we?re in a pretty good spot to do that the past four years non-withstanding because the main reason we lost the past two years is because they cheated their ass off at an epic level and those wins are more than likely going to vacated at the very least.

We?re right there- we have to take advantage of it. Death penalty or not.

Oh- and about the rivalry drawing both of our fans together. I can guarantee you that if they get the death penalty they will lose some fans to us. So, I guess yes- it will draw our fans together. I?m pretty sure a lot of their students would go to Starkville on football weekends if they don?t have any games for a couple of years. Sort of like USM.

anubus
08-28-2016, 03:12 PM
If Ole Miss did by chance get the death penalty it wouldn?t be bad for our program at all. The only bad thing is we would have to play USM (I guess) in the Egg Bowl for a couple of years. But that?s only bad from a fan?s point of view. And even that is temporary.

If they get the Death Penalty it would be good for MSU other than what I mentioned above which really isn?t THAT bad. We would have a prime opportunity to pass them by in football and secure the state of Mississippi once and for all without question.

The culture of college football where we are in the power five and the Big 12 isn?t even looking at USM plus us playing and dominating USM the past two seasons effectively has taken care of them as a threat to us. Which is why I was a proponent of playing them even if it meant us going to Hattiesburg for one game and our fans getting gouged by the USM ticket office. Ever since those two games I haven?t heard one USM fan talking smack about 1980.

And then we basically treat the SWAC schools like the Roman empire treated their conquered states where we kick their ass and then give them money to support their athletic programs and keep them afloat. No threat there but just case there ever was any doubt. And yes, I remember before we played Jackson State in 2009 hearing a few of their fans talking about how that game with us would be close but none of them are going to even think that again.

The ONLY way we screw it up is to start losing ourselves like we did in 1995 where we went 3-8, lost to Northeast Louisiana and then lost the Egg Bowl. Actually we would have to have about 3-4 1995?s in a row. As much as Dan irritates me I doubt that happens. My point above is Ole Miss is really the only obstacle we have left as far as dominating the state in football. And I think we?re in a pretty good spot to do that the past four years non-withstanding because the main reason we lost the past two years is because they cheated their ass off at an epic level and those wins are more than likely going to vacated at the very least.

Oh- and about the rivalry drawing both of our fans together. I can guarantee you that if they get the death penalty they will lose some fans to us. So, I guess yes- it will draw our fans together. I?m pretty sure a lot of their students would go to Starkville on football weekends if they don?t have any games for a couple of years. Sort of like USM.

A friend showed me his rebel nation magazine where there was an article about getting us dropped from sec along with Kentucky and vandy and the bear rebel shark lizards being the flagship school how funny now is that it could happen .......to them

Coursesuper
08-28-2016, 03:14 PM
There is absolutely no way that UNM getting the death penalty( I don't think it happens) is bad for MSU. So we lose a game with them, they would have brought that shat on themselves. We would be able to get the majority of players we want in state which is a very good thing. I think that we gain a great deal but I think that Memphis gains much more than USM from a situation like that.

Reason2succeed
08-28-2016, 03:18 PM
THIS.IS.BEAUTIFUL.

I can see th national news, not just sports news headlines about Sean Tuohy of "The Blindside" being disassociated from OM for blatantly paying players. That fictional piece of crap will forever be a testimony to their pompous, hypocritical, arses.

It doesn't hurt for us to talk about death penalty. Just like we tell their fans NOBODY KNOWS until the COI meets. How do we know that the committee won't consider the fact that their COACHES AND ADMINISTRATION continued to WHILE knowing they were CURRENTLY being investigated by the NCAA. The only reason why the NCAA hasn't left Oxford is being they keep on finding new stuff. Us discussing the potential may help some recruits to not be suckered in Freeze's lies that he told the 2016 class. (I'm still wondering is a certain Texas player whose uncle called a radio show would want to get out of there before the bomb drops.)

OM getting the DP, getting kicked out of the SEC, or being crippled by massive penalties will only help us. It could even help the SEC because many of our strong programs are strong because they don't share the state with another program in the league. Florida, Arkansas, LSU, Georgia are able to almost completely control their market on college sports. The only risk of kicking out OM would be them joining the Big 12 or another conference. This is all purely hypothetical but I believe it is good for us to talk about these things as long as we keep them hypothetical.

At the end of the day this could be the end of OM as a threat and the beginning of a golden age of Mississippi State athletics football and beyond.

msbulldog
08-28-2016, 03:30 PM

I hope we will reach the point that we can add OOC teams that will help our SOS. I think we are at that point.

Really Clark?
08-28-2016, 03:42 PM
I hope we will reach the point that we can add OOC teams that will help our SOS. I think we are at that point.

Help our SOS? What do you think it has been? The average since Mullen has been here is 22nd in the country. The last three years it's been 22, 18, and 9th in the country. How much more do you really think it will add? And we already have to add the additional power school OOC now, hence the BYU game.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 03:44 PM
There is absolutely no way that UNM getting the death penalty( I don't think it happens) is bad for MSU. So we lose a game with them, they would have brought that shat on themselves. We would be able to get the majority of players we want in state which is a very good thing. I think that we gain a great deal but I think that Memphis gains much more than USM from a situation like that.

Yes- Memphis has more to gain from Ole Miss getting the death penalty than USM does. I didn’t mention Memphis because they aren’t an in-state school. But they would benefit as much or more than we would because they would have more players from Mississippi to choose from and are in a better conference than USM is.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 03:46 PM
A friend showed me his rebel nation magazine where there was an article about getting us dropped from sec along with Kentucky and vandy and the bear rebel shark lizards being the flagship school how funny now is that it could happen .......to them

They are more likely than we are to get kicked out of the SEC simply because of their Confederate heritage that they cling to. Not to mention them pissing everyone else in the SEC off with their recruiting.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 03:51 PM

Why would we try to make our schedule more difficult? We can't Bama or LSU consistently as it is. The SEC is making us play people like NC State, BYU, and Kansas State as it is. Part of the reason we are even in this position is because we stopped playing Oregon, West Virginia, and Georgia Tech. Our schedule is comparable to everyone else in the SEC as it is. Even last year- La Tech and USM were 8+ win teams off the top of my head even though they weren't power five. We need to stay the course we are on because the way we schedule makes it more likely to make a Playoff bowl and continue to dominate the state.

Never have understood why MSU fans want to see us play the most difficult schedule possible and then expect us to win 8-10 games out of that schedule every year.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Help our SOS? What do you think it has been? The average since Mullen has been here is 22nd in the country. The last three years it's been 22, 18, and 9th in the country. How much more do you really think it will add? And we already have to add the additional power school OOC now, hence the BYU game.

Not to mention SOS has no bearing on bowls. SOS is basically a pointless stat for a SEC team. If we were Boise State then it would matter. But as long as we are playing Bama, LSU, Auburn, and the rest of the SEC our SOS will be fine.

Really Clark?
08-28-2016, 03:57 PM
Why would we try to make our schedule more difficult? We can't Bama or LSU consistently as it is. The SEC is making us play people like NC State, BYU, and Kansas State as it is. Part of the reason we are even in this position is because we stopped playing Oregon, West Virginia, and Georgia Tech. Our schedule is comparable to everyone else in the SEC as it is. Even last year- La Tech and USM were 8+ win teams off the top of my head even though they weren't power five. We need to stay the course we are on because the way we schedule makes it more likely to make a Playoff bowl and continue to dominate the state.

Never have understood why MSU fans want to see us play the most difficult schedule possible and then expect us to win 8-10 games out of that schedule every year.

Yep. Dan's first year we were 5-7 and the most difficult schedule in the nation. While we were very happy with the progress in just one year, boy it would have been sweet to have went bowling with the 22nd strongest schedule in the nation. Bama won a national title, I think it was the ND BCS game, with a SOS of 17th in the country.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 04:14 PM
Yep. Dan's first year we were 5-7 and the most difficult schedule in the nation. While we were very happy with the progress in just one year, boy it would have been sweet to have went bowling with the 22nd strongest schedule in the nation. Bama won a national title, I think it was the ND BCS game, with a SOS of 17th in the country.

Two of our losses that year were to Georgia Tech and Houston. Take away one of those and replace it with a Sun Belt or C-USA team and we are bowling and our streak would be at 8 years and nine bowls in ten going back to the Croom era. That’s very consistent.

msbulldog
08-28-2016, 04:16 PM

I still like you better i baseball!

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 04:53 PM
I still like you better i baseball!

I'll stop criticizing Dan as much when he wins the SEC and takes us to the NC Game and our recruiting is in the top 15 consistently.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 04:55 PM
But that said the main two things we need to focus on our replacing most of our offensive staff with better recruiters- specifically Hevesey, Sallach, and Knox and enclosing the stadium. Everything else is golden.

TUSK
08-28-2016, 06:14 PM

No.

Turfdawg67
08-28-2016, 08:31 PM
I'll stop criticizing Dan as much when he wins the SEC and takes us to the NC Game and our recruiting is in the top 15 consistently.

...I guess at that time he'll meet your approval. Not asking much are we since none of those things have been done (save the 1941 team) in the history of MSU football.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 08:41 PM
...I guess at that time he'll meet your approval. Not asking much are we since none of those things have been done (save the 1941 team) in the history of MSU football.

And we had never gone to the National Championship round ever before in MSU baseball history before Cohen either.

The sooner our fans realize that we’re not 1988 MSU the more our program is going to flourish. We have a chance to be a championship program and be even better than we are now with some small changes.

Asking MSU to replace three coaches who have not done a good job and then bowling in the stadium which is inevitable anyway is not asking too much. We replace those three coaches with people that can recruit and we will be much better as a program and they’re not that great of position coaches either. If you ask me would I keep Dan if it meant losing those three that I mentioned I would say without hesitation YES.

If our offense struggles this year which is possible it could get interesting in the offseason.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-28-2016, 08:51 PM

So basically do something no coach has ever done at State?

The only criticism of Dan in my book is the annual "throw my name at every open position" routine we have to endure each December.

Bass Chaser
08-28-2016, 09:58 PM
Is there anyway the public would know who's been disassociated?

7dawg
08-28-2016, 10:04 PM
No.

You're right. Albert didn't get the money, I believe his coach did.

Westdawg
08-28-2016, 10:14 PM
You're right. Albert didn't get the money, I believe his coach did.

Oh, his HS coaching staff did receive money. I started my teaching/coaching at Trezevant, and the district called us in to a meeting and said that that would NOT happen again. Our licenses and coaching careers would end if we were caught doing what that staff did.
I was not there until the mid 2000s, but it still hung over the school like a dead skunk

Bubb Rubb
08-28-2016, 10:39 PM

Well I'm glad you're being reasonable.

BossDawg
08-28-2016, 10:41 PM
Two of our losses that year were to Georgia Tech and Houston. Take away one of those and replace it with a Sun Belt or C-USA team and we are bowling and our streak would be at 8 years and nine bowls in ten going back to the Croom era. That’s very consistent.

Not to mention losing to LSU that year by quite literally a foot.

Todd4State
08-28-2016, 11:19 PM
Well I'm glad you're being reasonable.

Were we not number one in the country a year or so ago? Have we not won the SEC West before? Did we not have a chance to go to the Sugar Bowl last season? All of those occurred in the last twenty years if I’m not mistaken and two of those things occurred the last two seasons. I think if we increase our recruiting (legally mind you) and simply improve our offensive line we can raise our floor from six wins to eight wins. Is that realistic enough for everyone? IF we win the SEC we will go to the final four playoff and we will have a chance to win a National Championship. That applies to everyone else in the SEC as well. That’s the reality of the current system. The power five teams have the most realistic chance of winning the National Championship. If we were USM my expectations would be much different.

ESPECIALLY in light of the fact that Ole Miss is about to get reamed. We have an opportunity to put them away and take a HUGE step forward for our program.

And as far as recruiting- I think if we replace those three that I mentioned with good recruiters we can certainly become a perineal top 15 recruiting program. We recruit at a high level at every position other than offensive line.

But yes- when we are comparing Cohen to Dan and what they have done absolutely Cohen should get more of a pass than Dan. He has taken us to the National Championship round. Dan has not. Cohen has won the SEC regular season. Dan has not. Cohen has won the SEC Tournament. Dan hasn’t gotten us to the championship game yet. Cohen has consistently recruited at a high level- even though we are now on our third primary recruiter during his tenure.

Dan gets too much of a pass because of things that didn’t happen and weren’t realistic in a different era. Just like it wasn’t realistic for MSU and LSU baseball to win a National Championship before Polk and Bertman. Well, things changed. Same with football. Things have changed.

preachermatt83
08-28-2016, 11:55 PM

The more of DeviousDawgs posts I read the more I'm convinced he is in fact... Rosebowl.

Bubb Rubb
08-29-2016, 12:35 PM
Were we not number one in the country a year or so ago? Have we not won the SEC West before? Did we not have a chance to go to the Sugar Bowl last season? All of those occurred in the last twenty years if I’m not mistaken and two of those things occurred the last two seasons. I think if we increase our recruiting (legally mind you) and simply improve our offensive line we can raise our floor from six wins to eight wins. Is that realistic enough for everyone? IF we win the SEC we will go to the final four playoff and we will have a chance to win a National Championship. That applies to everyone else in the SEC as well. That’s the reality of the current system. The power five teams have the most realistic chance of winning the National Championship. If we were USM my expectations would be much different.

ESPECIALLY in light of the fact that Ole Miss is about to get reamed. We have an opportunity to put them away and take a HUGE step forward for our program.

And as far as recruiting- I think if we replace those three that I mentioned with good recruiters we can certainly become a perineal top 15 recruiting program. We recruit at a high level at every position other than offensive line.

But yes- when we are comparing Cohen to Dan and what they have done absolutely Cohen should get more of a pass than Dan. He has taken us to the National Championship round. Dan has not. Cohen has won the SEC regular season. Dan has not. Cohen has won the SEC Tournament. Dan hasn’t gotten us to the championship game yet. Cohen has consistently recruited at a high level- even though we are now on our third primary recruiter during his tenure.

Dan gets too much of a pass because of things that didn’t happen and weren’t realistic in a different era. Just like it wasn’t realistic for MSU and LSU baseball to win a National Championship before Polk and Bertman. Well, things changed. Same with football. Things have changed.

Dude, I generally respect you and what you have to say, particularly about baseball. But that blurb you posted is one of the dumbest things ever written on a message board. And that's saying something. You're expecting him to do something that maybe 2 coaches in the SEC has been able to do - at the program with the 13th largest football budget in the conference. My advice is to step away from the keyboard.

Todd4State
08-29-2016, 04:36 PM
Dude, I generally respect you and what you have to say, particularly about baseball. But that blurb you posted is one of the dumbest things ever written on a message board. And that's saying something. You're expecting him to do something that maybe 2 coaches in the SEC has been able to do - at the program with the 13th largest football budget in the conference. My advice is to step away from the keyboard.

If you actually read my "blurb" you would understand that I'm asking Dan to raise our floor to 8 wins and win 10 a year and recruit better. Sorry that's dumb to you. I can't help lack of vision on your part.

The part about the championships was a reference as to why I give Cohen more of a pass than Dan. Not that I expect Dan to win a championship every year. Just like I don't expect Cohen to win a championship every year.

This really shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Liverpooldawg
08-29-2016, 05:16 PM

You do realize we have only done one of those once in our entire football history don't you?

Liverpooldawg
08-29-2016, 05:18 PM
You do realize we have only done one of those once in our entire football history don't you?

And oh by the way, we ran that guy off. We have never really recovered.

Spiderman
08-29-2016, 05:47 PM
How do you dissassociate with someone who's name is on an Athletic Bldg?

I'm having a hard time buying this, but Scruggs had his name on a building and they took it off.

AGAIN, being disassociated means doo doo squat.

If State ever disassociates me, I'll put all my BC and ticket stuff in my wife's name and won't miss a beat. Or My kids name. Or my dad's.

They don't stand at the gates with wanted posters or checking id's. You are not banned from campus or games. Just means YOU can't buy tickets in YOUR name, and the school can't accept money from YOU, or have you as a guest for any official University event.

Mjoelner34
08-29-2016, 06:04 PM
You are not banned from campus or games. Just means you can't buy tickets in your name, and the school can't accept money from you, or have you as a guest for any official University event.

Just like you found an unreported violation in the court documents of Miller, here is photographic evidence of another unreported violation unless this event was open to the public (which I doubt). PassInterference posted this on here back on 7/26. I've heard that this pic has already been sent to the NCAA.
https://s31.postimg.io/4jt8v95sr/Untitled_2.jpg

Todd4State
08-29-2016, 06:33 PM
And oh by the way, we ran that guy off. We have never really recovered.

That's it boys. We're never going to win again because we fired Allyn McKeen 70 years ago. Bullshit we haven't recovered. We were number one in the country two years ago and have been to bowls seven of the past ten years.

History is only useful if you learn from it and adjust. Not use it as a crutch for not reaching potential.

Liverpooldawg
08-29-2016, 06:37 PM
That's it boys. We're never going to win again because we fired Allyn McKeen 70 years ago. Bullshit we haven't recovered. We were number one in the country two years ago and have been to bowls seven of the past ten years.

History is only useful if you learn from it and adjust. Not use it as a crutch for not reaching potential.

We have never won like we did under McKeen again. Not even in 2014. The man had a winning % that ranks up there with the best. Mullen is the closest we have come BY FAR. Let the man do his job.

Todd4State
08-29-2016, 06:48 PM
We have never won like we did under McKeen again. Not even in 2014. The man had a winning % that ranks up there with the best. Mullen is the closest we have come BY FAR. Let the man do his job.

Which means nothing since it was 75 years ago. College football has changed a little bit since World War II.

We didn't suck because we fired McKeen. We sucked because the Univeristy leaders were divided about who should be the coach, because of mediocre people like you who accepted losing and because of poor athletic staff management at the AD level.

Spiderman
08-29-2016, 10:20 PM
Just like you found an unreported violation in the court documents of Miller, here is photographic evidence of another unreported violation unless this event was open to the public (which I doubt). PassInterference posted this on here back on 7/26. I've heard that this pic has already been sent to the NCAA.
https://s31.postimg.io/4jt8v95sr/Untitled_2.jpg

Good find, but I don't think you are disassociated forever. It's usually for X amount of years.

Although I will say Ole Miss is the only school I can think of that would have the AD hanging out with a guy, who as a grown man in a state position, not a dunk frat boy, screamed at a kid on an opposing team and called him a F'ing N*gger.

No matter how long ago that happened.

I still have the Sports Journal footage of that on VHS around here somewhere

starkvegasdawg
08-29-2016, 10:23 PM
Good find, but I don't think you are disassociated forever. It's usually for X amount of years.

Although I will say Ole Miss is the only school I can think of that would have the AD hanging out with a guy, who as a grown man in a state position, not a dunk frat boy, screamed at a kid on an opposing team and called him a F'ing N*gger.

No matter how long ago that happened.

I still have the Sports Journal footage of that on VHS around here somewhere

When that picture of him at the game with Bjork surfaced I saw where someone tweeted it to the NCAA and naacp.

Spiderman
08-29-2016, 10:30 PM
When that picture of him at the game with Bjork surfaced I saw where someone tweeted it to the NCAA and naacp.

Remember also, the NCAA didn't disassociate Lott. OM did.

And at the height of public pressure to do away with the flag and everything else deemed "racist".

He was the poster boy of OM's ills at that time. You gotta remember, in 1996, 75% of the crowd at that game were waving the flag, if not more.

LeakyD
08-30-2016, 07:29 AM
So, what are the odds that the Tuohy rumor is true. Logic says there's no way that they risk being directly involved. But they also rubbed the NCAA's nose in their recruitment of Oher. Therefore, it becomes more believable because they probably feel untouchable after pulling that off. How long before some of the details on the new allegations become public?

Percho
08-30-2016, 08:01 AM
Arrogance, Trumps all.

Percho
08-30-2016, 08:03 AM
Pride before the fall. P1618 Unfortunately sometimes it takes others with, it, also.

Bubb Rubb
08-30-2016, 08:34 AM
If you actually read my "blurb" you would understand that I'm asking Dan to raise our floor to 8 wins and win 10 a year and recruit better. Sorry that's dumb to you. I can't help lack of vision on your part.

The part about the championships was a reference as to why I give Cohen more of a pass than Dan. Not that I expect Dan to win a championship every year. Just like I don't expect Cohen to win a championship every year.

This really shouldn't be difficult to understand.

No, you are moving the goalposts now. This is what you said:

"I'll stop criticizing Dan as much when he wins the SEC and takes us to the NC Game and our recruiting is in the top 15 consistently."

I'm not addressing what you said later in a feeble attempt to clarify. I'm addressing the above quote. It's stupid, although I doubt Dan's losing any sleep over your threat to continue to criticize him if he doesn't do what 85% of the coaches in his conference hasn't been able to do.

As far as your "clarification" about raising the floor, he has averaged 8 wins a season, and only failed to make that number twice: once in his first year, and once in a rebuilding year where he still won 7 and went to a bowl. He's won 9 games twice and 10 games once. Looks like the floor is pretty well set.

Criticize Dan for flirting with other jobs - I agree. Criticize Dan for spotty play calling at times - I agree. Criticize Dan for some of his personnel decisions - I probably agree. The quote above though is retarded and there's no defense of it.

Todd4State
08-30-2016, 08:45 AM
No, you are moving the goalposts now. This is what you said:

"I'll stop criticizing Dan as much when he wins the SEC and takes us to the NC Game and our recruiting is in the top 15 consistently."

I'm not addressing what you said later in a feeble attempt to clarify. I'm addressing the above quote. It's stupid, although I doubt Dan's losing any sleep over your threat to continue to criticize him if he doesn't do what 85% of the coaches in his conference hasn't been able to do.

As far as your "clarification" about raising the floor, he has averaged 8 wins a season, and only failed to make that number twice: once in his first year, and once in a rebuilding year where he still won 7 and went to a bowl. He's won 9 games twice and 10 games once. Looks like the floor is pretty well set.

Criticize Dan for flirting with other jobs - I agree. Criticize Dan for spotty play calling at times - I agree. Criticize Dan for some of his personnel decisions - I probably agree. The quote above though is retarded and there's no defense of it.

So I'm retarded because you didn't understand what I said?

Look at my quote again. Nowhere do I say that I expect Dan to win championships every year. I said IF he does I'll stop criticizing him as much.

As it is now he hasn't done anything that Jackie hasn't already done before at MSU.

Cohen has done things that Polk didn't do and therefore he gets more of a pass.

Liverpooldawg
08-30-2016, 08:48 AM
Which means nothing since it was 75 years ago. College football has changed a little bit since World War II.

We didn't suck because we fired McKeen. We sucked because the Univeristy leaders were divided about who should be the coach, because of mediocre people like you who accepted losing and because of poor athletic staff management at the AD level.

The divided leaders were WHY we fired McKeen. Come on Todd, we were on the cusp of establishing a dynasty in the era when most of the current football factories established themselves. We fired the guy. Since then we have had a grand total of two coaches who left with winning records. Those two left quickly in the years after McKeen and went on to greatness. The rest suffered exactly what you just said, divided fans and divided leaders and got fired. It's all we know, bitch and fire. It's time to break the cycle. We have the first coach since since Warmoth and Royal (the NCAA wasn't going to let JWS do it) who appears to be capable of breaking it, yet here we are bitching and whining as usual after the best two back to back season we may have ever had. It's the same old story. I want to try something different. For us that would be getting behind a coach and sticking with him, in something resembling unity.

turkish
08-30-2016, 09:49 AM
Whoa. Slow clap for Liverpool.

Bubb Rubb
08-30-2016, 10:24 AM
So I'm retarded because you didn't understand what I said?

Look at my quote again. Nowhere do I say that I expect Dan to win championships every year. I said IF he does I'll stop criticizing him as much.

As it is now he hasn't done anything that Jackie hasn't already done before at MSU.

Cohen has done things that Polk didn't do and therefore he gets more of a pass.

I said the quote was retarded. If you're going to accuse me of not understanding you, you should also make an effort to understand what I wrote.

Mullen has done things that Jackie hasn't done. Like achieve a #1 ranking. Like win 9 or more games 3 times. Like make a BCS-level bowl. Like not having more than one losing season. Like running a relatively clean program. Keep in mind that this is a much tougher era to coach in than Jackie's was. The SEC West wasn't what it is today. It can be argued that Mullen would've won three SEC West championships if he coached in that era, because I doubt we would have crapped the bed against Arkansas twice. And I'm not bashing Jackie - I love the guy. Jackie had less to work with than Mullen has today. But this Mullen bashing is utter nonsense.

Todd4State
08-30-2016, 10:33 AM
The divided leaders were WHY we fired McKeen. Come on Todd, we were on the cusp of establishing a dynasty in the era when most of the current football factories established themselves. We fired the guy. Since then we have had a grand total of two coaches who left with winning records. Those two left quickly in the years after McKeen and went on to greatness. The rest suffered exactly what you just said, divided fans and divided leaders and got fired. It's all we know, bitch and fire. It's time to break the cycle. We have the first coach since since Warmoth and Royal (the NCAA wasn't going to let JWS do it) who appears to be capable of breaking it, yet here we are bitching and whining as usual after the best two back to back season we may have ever had. It's the same old story. I want to try something different. For us that would be getting behind a coach and sticking with him, in something resembling unity.

Our past coaches failed not because of our "divided fanbase" but because most of those coaches weren't very good like Shira or because we held on to them too long- Bellard, Felker, and Sherrill. Tyler had a winning career record on the field. Sherrill would have had our AD not been incompetent.

Quit acting like we haven't done anything since the 1940's and that we're still play on with leather helmets.

If anything you should look at the McKeen era and see that winning can happen at MSU instead promoting Dan's shortcomings blindly because we haven't won a SEC championship since the 1940's.

Todd4State
08-30-2016, 10:40 AM
I said the quote was retarded. If you're going to accuse me of not understanding you, you should also make an effort to understand what I wrote.

Mullen has done things that Jackie hasn't done. Like achieve a #1 ranking. Like win 9 or more games 3 times. Like make a BCS-level bowl. Like not having more than one losing season. Like running a relatively clean program. Keep in mind that this is a much tougher era to coach in than Jackie's was. The SEC West wasn't what it is today. It can be argued that Mullen would've won three SEC West championships if he coached in that era, because I doubt we would have crapped the bed against Arkansas twice. And I'm not bashing Jackie - I love the guy. Jackie had less to work with than Mullen has today. But this Mullen bashing is utter nonsense.

And I wasn't bashing Dan. Someone insinuated why I gave Cohen more of a pass than Dan and that was what I responded with. Cohen has simply accomplished more at MSU than Dan has relative to their professions. That doesn't mean I expect Dan to win a championship every year. But like I said and you refuse to accept if Dan does start to do that he will get more of a pass.

Hell, in this same thread I talked about how we are about to take over the state in football.

Liverpooldawg
08-30-2016, 10:43 AM
Our past coaches failed not because of our "divided fanbase" but because most of those coaches weren't very good like Shira or because we held on to them too long- Bellard, Felker, and Sherrill. Tyler had a winning career record on the field. Sherrill would have had our AD not been incompetent.

Quit acting like we haven't done anything since the 1940's and that we're still play on with leather helmets.

If anything you should look at the McKeen era and see that winning can happen at MSU instead promoting Dan's shortcomings blindly because we haven't won a SEC championship since the 1940's.

Allyn says he recognizes you. ;)

Seriously, you sound just like some of the stuff that I was told was being said when we fired McKeen and in the run up to it. Here we go again.

Mjoelner34
08-30-2016, 10:53 AM
Remember also, the NCAA didn't disassociate Lott. OM did.

Correct. I didn't think about that. In that case, the NCAA doesn't give a rat's ass about Lott. But, I'm guessing it'd be a whole different story if someone disassociated because of this investigation shows up in a pic at a private university event or has their pic taken with the AD.

BoomBoom
08-30-2016, 11:28 AM

Radio Shack stock went from $7 to $76 in a few years in the 90s. It's well below $7 now. BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!

Really Clark?
08-30-2016, 12:05 PM
Radio Shack stock went from $7 to $76 in a few years in the 90s. It's well below $7 now. BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!

Yeah there are just as many companies we compare conversely to that analogy. Just look at Apple's historical data of stock prices, their rises and falls and where it is today.

Bully75
08-30-2016, 07:22 PM

Question. Are they aware of the escorts as well? Were the bought women available at the Inn and/or the Library? Or just the Library?

Bully13
08-30-2016, 08:20 PM
Question for the board. When I was living in Memphis back in the early 90's if I recall, some FM shock jock on the radio mentioned a "poll " taken from a San Francisco gay magazine as to what was the hottest hook up spot for gay men on college campuses and the library on the Oxford square won top spot.

So now I understand that they have a bar named the library? I'm not accusing anybody of anything. I'm just wondering if there is a connection of any kind.

And I will end by saying that if there is, there is certainly nothing wrong with that.

starkvegasdawg
08-30-2016, 08:25 PM
Question for the board. When I was living in Memphis back in the early 90's if I recall, some FM shock jock on the radio mentioned a "poll " taken from a San Francisco gay magazine as to what was the hottest hook up spot for gay men on college campuses and the library on the Oxford square won top spot.

So now I understand that they have a bar named the library? I'm not accusing anybody of anything. I'm just wondering if there is a connection of any kind.

And I will end by saying that if there is, there is certainly nothing wrong with that.

Porter approves this poll

Chainedup
08-30-2016, 08:33 PM
Hugh freeze has this to say https://youtu.be/vmTLtkMGZAk

Bully13
08-30-2016, 08:40 PM

Fail...no audio

Bully13
08-30-2016, 08:40 PM

Bump

starkvegasdawg
08-30-2016, 08:41 PM

Enforcer? Smelling bear shit.

Chainedup
08-30-2016, 08:47 PM
Doesn't need audio, makes the point with just the video.

No lie guys, had fun making this. Looking to make some more. Any ideas?

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-30-2016, 09:04 PM

Nope.

anubus
08-30-2016, 09:26 PM
Sherman tie Vaught Hemingway asap

anubus
08-30-2016, 09:38 PM

freeze doing Jimmy Swaggarts confession

Bully13
08-30-2016, 10:01 PM

Bump to erase the bear shit enforcement hasn't had a chance to cleanse

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-30-2016, 10:09 PM

Hey Yancy. Do one of you and Hugh Freeze riding on the scooter from Dumb and Dumber. You can be Lloyd!