PDA

View Full Version : Revised Ole Miss sanctions prediction: Maroon Friday Edition

DeviousDawg
08-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Hey Rebs, remember about a month ago when I made a prediction on your future sanctions? You all laughed and said "DD34 and the rest of the guys over on ED are delusional. 15 over 3 at the most and Freeze is fine". Well, if you don't remember it, even though I know you do, here is the original post below. Remember, this is only based on what is on the original NOA that you received in late January.

When you really look into the NOA and compare it to previous NCAA investigations, Ole Miss's self imposed sanctions are a joke. The actual sanctions should at least double the self imposed sanctions.

When looking through the NOA, it really breaks into 4 parts, the Tunsil stuff (allegations 1-4), the Kiffin stuff (allegations 5-7), the Walter Hughes stuff (allegation 8) and the ACT stuff (allegations 10-13). Allegation 9 was a BS level III violation involving recruiting videos. The fairest way to estimate OM's sanctions would be to treat each of the 4 parts as separate investigations and add the results from each.

Part 1: Tunsil

We can compare Tunsil's allegations to our own with Redmond. We gave Redmond a $2500 discount on a vehicle. We got 4 schollies over 2 years and 2 year probation, Mirando received a 1 year show cause. It should also be considered that we self reported all of this and cooperated fully with the NCAA who accepted our self imposed sanctions

Ole Miss is accused of giving Tunsil $7,495 worth of free car loans in allegation #1. Allegation #2 is really just an extension of #1, it says that after Tunsil was caught using free cars, he did it again, and Ole Miss failed to monitor whether he was continuing to do it. This isn't good for them because while #2 is only a level II violation, it will most certainly make #1 become an aggravated Level I violation. Allegation #3 is a booster giving Miller $800. #4 involves free lodging and stuff for Tunsil's family worth $2,253. So that's a total of $10,548 worth of inducements to Tunsil and fam as well as a failure to monitor.

When compared to our 4 schollies and 2 years of probation, OM's allegations 1-4 should be worth at least double but probably triple what we got for Redmond's stuff.

Conservative guess for allegations 1-4:

8-12 scholarships
3 years probation
1 year bowl ban

Part 2: Kiffin

These allegations aren't too serious. There were 2 level III allegations, one for talking to a recruit during spring evaluation period, one for letting a recruit stay at his house. There was also one level II allegation which involved Kiffin setting up lodging, transportation and meals for family friends of a recruit, the monetary total of the inducements was worth $1027.

Conservative guess for allegation 5-7:

1-2 scholarships
possible 1 year show cause for Kiffin but most likely a suspension of some sort.

Part 3: Walter Hughes

This one could go so many different ways. There are 16 sub violations in the Level I allegation #8. All involve Walter Hughes and recruiting inducements. Three assistant coaches (Harris, Kiffin, and Matt Luke) and Hugh Freeze are listed in this allegation. All are said to have been contacted by Hughes while knowingly committing NCAA recruiting violations. So throw ignorance on OM's part of the window for this violation, which is never good.

The total monetary value for allegation #8 was $2,250. It involved 4 current coaches, 3 recruits and one booster. If we got 4 scholarships for $2,500 worth of inducements to Redmond, involving 1 coach, 1 recruit and 1 booster with exemplary cooperation on our part, then you would have to put the lowest amount of scholarships docked for this allegation at 4.

Conservative guess for allegation 8:

4-8 scholarships
1-2 years probation
2 year show cause for Maurice Harris

Part 4: ACT scandal

Let's compare this to ULL's case, they are actually very similar. ULL had 4 level I violations, so did OM. The first one for each schools was about fixing ACT scores. ULL's involved one coach and 6 recruits. OM's involved 3 coaches and 3 recruits, one of which is still on staff in Derrick Nix, who put the recruits families in contact with Saunders and the Crager(sp?) lady to receive free lodging, transportation and meals, similar to Mirando's case. The second allegations for both schools involved improper inducements to recruits. ULL's was worth $6,500 while OM's was worth $1650. The last 2 allegations for both schools involved coaches lying to the NCAA during investigations, just Saunders for ULL; Saunders and Vaughn for OM.

The NCAA stated that ULL received the lowest possible penalties for their violations(11 scholarships over 3 years and 2 years of probation) because the University was unaware of Saunders actions and acted swiftly to fire him and self report as well as cooperate fully with the NCAA. Well, Ole Miss can't really say the same because Nix is STILL ON STAFF. There's a reason Ole Miss is fighting Nix's involvement, but they aren't going to win it. All of this leads me to believe that, if ULL received the lowest possible penalties that OM would at least have to get 11 schollies for the ACT allegations.

Conservative guess for allegations 10-13:

11-14 scholarships
1-2 year show cause for Nix
8 year show cause for Vaughn
1 year bowl ban

Adding all 4 parts together for a final estimate:

24-36 scholarships
4 years of probation
2 year bowl ban
Show Causes for: Nix and Harris
Suspensions for: Kiffin, Freeze, and Matt Luke

Seems harsh, but when you really break it down into it's components I think that is a well educated and fair estimate.

Now that your memory has been jogged, I will add to my predictions. These predictions are based on what the sanctions will look like after the addendum to the NOA. The predictions are based off facts that I am hearing on who is now talking after receiving immunity. I can tell you one thing, some of the things that will come out over the next 6 months will shake the network down to its very core..... I am writing this with the hopes that you will accept this so that you are not Blindsided when the facts come out.

Original Sanctions:
24-36 scholarships
4 years of probation
2 year bowl ban
Show Causes for: Nix and Harris
Suspensions for: Kiffin, Freeze, and Matt Luke

Revised Sanctions with the addendum in mind:
30-40 scholarships
5 years of probation
2-3 year bowl ban
2-5 year Show Causes for: Derrick Nix, Maurice Harris, and Hugh Freeze
Suspensions for: Chris Kiffin and Matt Luke
Lack of Institutional Control

I keep hearing Ole Miss fans saying, "well, no one has been fired so we are obviously OK". Let's talk about this. Remember our Redmond deal? What did we do? We immediately fired Angelo Mirando, this was for a violation only worth 4 scholarships. Remember the Bo Davis/Alabama situation early in the Summer? Nick Saban found out that Bo Davis was visiting recruits during a no contact period, what did Saban do? Immediately fire Bo Davis. Actually, that exact violation is on OM's original NOA, but no one has been fired. Why has no one been fired at OM? Because every single one of your coaches is guilty, they know it and Freeze knows it. If Freeze fired a coach for something that he told the assistant coach to do, you can bet your ass that that coach would take advantage of the immunity deal and take down Freeze and Ole Miss on a level that hasn't been seen since SMU. Let that sink in.

Enjoy your last supper of a season this year, but just remember, no matter how this season turns out for y'all, it will always have a big ole asterisk next to it. At this point the only question is whether the NCAA chooses death row or life in prison. Pick your poison Rebels, you asked for it, and you will get everything you deserve.

Happy Maroon Friday to all!

Political Hack
08-26-2016, 03:32 PM
They can't start firing people because they're going to have to fire everyone when the sanctions come out. It would be two changes instead of just one. The entire staff will be gone. If they don't see that coming they're blind. The NCAA will not allow this crew to continue coaching together in Oxford. That's over.

DancingRabbit
08-26-2016, 03:38 PM

30-40 scholarships
5 years of probation
2-3 year bowl ban

I think this is pretty accurate. Similar but slightly stiffer penalties than USC was hit with.

NCAA cat is ready
http://i.imgur.com/SIBgUxi.gif

TNDawg35
08-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Also, all wins vacated from (ATLEAST) 2013 to now and vacate whatever they need to in 2016 if they play players they knowingly started who were paid or provided benefits to....

Mjoelner34
08-26-2016, 03:39 PM
I can tell you one thing, some of the things that will come out over the next 6 months will shake the network down to its very core..... I am writing this with the hopes that you will accept this so that you are not Blindsided when the facts come out.

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/334/333999/oh-how-very-interesting-quote-1.jpg

DeviousDawg
08-26-2016, 03:41 PM
They can't start firing people because they're going to have to fire everyone when the sanctions come out. It would be two changes instead of just one. The entire staff will be gone. If they don't see that coming they're blind. The NCAA will not allow this crew to continue coaching together in Oxford. That's over.

There is no debating this at this point. Not only will every coach be gone, but I would expect the majority of the athletic administration to be gone as well.

TrapGame
08-26-2016, 03:48 PM
The coaching search to replace Freeze is going to be epic in its hilarity. It would have been easier selling a house on Three Mile Island in the 70's.

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2016, 03:53 PM
The coaching search to replace Freeze is going to be epic in its hilarity. It would have been easier selling a house on Three Mile Island in the 70's.

I'm sure the Bears will do like they do every time they're coach hunting and start dropping the names of Dungy, Gruden, and the like. When it dawns on them they can't get CJ Johnson to leave EMCC that will be the final humiliation.

DeviousDawg
08-26-2016, 03:53 PM

They might not have a team to find a coach for after they are docked 30+ scholarships and half of the current team transfers because they aren't getting their pay checks anymore.

Dolphus Raymond
08-26-2016, 03:54 PM
As for finding a coach to replace Freeze, the ONLY thing Ole Miss will have going for them is being in the SEC. Even with that plus (a big plus, in my opinion.) who is going to want to coach them with all the scholarship reductions?

reno hightower
08-26-2016, 04:03 PM
Since I'm drunk on the beach I will cut and paste bc I like this..

30-40 scholarships
5 years of probation
2-3 year bowl ban

mic
08-26-2016, 04:13 PM

msudawglb
08-26-2016, 04:17 PM

Isn't that the truth. Not only are you coaching in the most difficult division in NCAA football, but you are coaching with your hands tied behind your back with less scholarships and the university branded as a cheater. Then throw on top of that the fact that the fan base has shown that they will go full tard during losing seasons by throwing liquor bottles and high heeled shoes onto the field. Sprinkle on some klan rallies on the campus in the middle of nowhere MS and you have a recipe of the most undesirable job in recent history.

Bucky Dog
08-26-2016, 04:46 PM
I saw what you did there! Taco Bell

TrapGame
08-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Isn't that the truth. Not only are you coaching in the most difficult division in NCAA football, but you are coaching with your hands tied behind your back with less scholarships and the university branded as a cheater. Then throw on top of that the fact that the fan base has shown that they will go full tard during losing seasons by throwing liquor bottles and high heeled shoes onto the field. Sprinkle on some klan rallies on the campus in the middle of nowhere MS and you have a recipe of the most undesirable job in recent history.

LOL! IKR!

Man, they won't be able to get a retread of a retread of the college coaching world. I kid about John L. Smith being the only coach they can get but I don't think his crazy ass would walk into that nut house!

Dawgcentral
08-26-2016, 05:03 PM
I also wondered why no one has been fired, which would be normal procedure for a program with this many who have been named in an NOA.

Then it occurred to me that for anyone fired, they would have to find replacements, and replacements would have questions.

Unlike a 17 year old recruit, if lied to during the hiring process, there will be severe ramifications when the truth comes to light. They'd be paying salaries of assistants well into the next 4-6 years who leave the program due to being mis-informed during the interview process.

They're in it together till the end for more reasons than one.

JoseBrown
08-26-2016, 05:20 PM
As for finding a coach to replace Freeze, the ONLY thing Ole Miss will have going for them is being in the SEC. Even with that plus (a big plus, in my opinion.) who is going to want to coach them with all the scholarship reductions?

Maybe they can give Crooms another shot at it. How funny would that be to watch?

Dawgface
08-26-2016, 06:24 PM
9 over 3. Ha. I have no idea, just hope you guys are right.

MSUDawg99
08-26-2016, 07:06 PM
1. Well at minimum its 11 schollys & 3 yr probation since that's what they offered up to NCAA in their response.
2. Why were the women's bb coach & T&F coach fired & none of the fb coaches have been fired? Pretty unfair treatment. You sacrifice them but not anyone on fb staff?

EngDawg
08-26-2016, 10:41 PM
half of the current team transfers because they aren't getting their pay checks anymore.

"You don't understand. We've got a payroll to meet."

Schultzy
08-26-2016, 11:02 PM
Firing anyone is an admission of guilt and they aren't capable of that.

Turfdawg67
08-26-2016, 11:50 PM
Maybe they can give Crooms another shot at it. How funny would that be to watch?

Sly has too much class and dignity to go to that cesspool. Maybe not ready to be an SEC head coach, but a fine man. He wouldn't have them...

PassInterference
08-27-2016, 12:50 AM
Kick ass thread. Would read again.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
08-27-2016, 05:31 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/OmY6GtxkiTwo8/giphy.gif
Bjork And Freezus leaving the office after sanctions are handed down!!

preachermatt83
08-27-2016, 06:00 AM
Sly has too much class and dignity to go to that cesspool. Maybe not ready to be an SEC head coach, but a fine man. He wouldn't have them...

I agree 100 percent