PDA

View Full Version : 3rd School in Forde's Article is Bama

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2016, 12:40 PM
Just listened to the Boneyard & Rosebowl says the 3rd school is Bama. There was no speculation & he said it in a matter of fact way.

Not many other facts in the podcast other than IT'S COMING and it's going to be bad

jumbo
08-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Bo Scarbrough. Bama suspended him 4 games last year for "things that happened with another school that recruited him".

Bama_Dawg
08-26-2016, 12:55 PM
I really wish it was like Boise State instead of Alabama. Now all we'll hear is, "See? They didn't want us to catch them.." or "its sour grapes from our rival in state..."

I wish they'd just shut up, accept that they did wrong...very wrong...got caught and deal with it.

Ya know, we've hated on Bracky in ED, but dammit, he's kept us out of messes like TSUN is dealing with.

Bodawg
08-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Figured Saban got the NCAA going on this investigation. The Bears can blame us all they want, but it's the big boys that got the wheels rolling.

Mjoelner34
08-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Bo Scarbrough. Bama suspended him 4 games last year for "things that happened with another school that recruited him".

Bama didn't suspend Scarbrough. The NCAA did.

Leroy Jenkins
08-26-2016, 01:05 PM
Bama didn't suspend Scarbrough. The NCAA did.

True.

Bully13
08-26-2016, 01:39 PM
What about the bamer commit that saban made return the money to the Ole Miss booster?

Mjoelner34
08-26-2016, 01:43 PM
What about the bamer commit that saban made return the money to the Ole Miss booster?

Wasn't that rumored to by Shyheim Carter?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Figured Saban got the NCAA going on this investigation. The Bears can blame us all they want, but it's the big boys that got the wheels rolling.

This is true! I doubt us saying anything would move the NCAA to do this. OM pissed off the big boys and then beat them 2 years in a row! That was the final straw.

Gutter Cobreh
08-26-2016, 02:15 PM
This is true! I doubt us saying anything would move the NCAA to do this. OM pissed off the big boys and then beat them 2 years in a row! That was the final straw.

Bama's losses didn't really hurt them in the big picture as they still won the NC last year. I would think what irked Saban more than anything was the fact that his championships weren't as appealing to recruits when you have OM handing out bags of cash. It sort of neutralized his recruiting pitch. While it didn't hurt them in the recruitment rankings, a recruit seeing a hand full of NC rings doesn't have the effect as a duffel bag full of cash....

Really Clark?
08-26-2016, 02:18 PM
The other part of this that UNM people seem to forget, they are acting like the NCAA just talked to one player at each campus. We don't know how many ended up with immunity to tell the truth of what was going on.

lamont
08-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Over 25 different schools have turned them in the last 3 years. Think about that. Average is 1 per year

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2016, 02:46 PM
Over 25 different schools have turned them in the last 3 years. Think about that. Average is 1 per year

This actually brings up an interesting point.

My guess is that the NCAA keeps a log of when other schools turn in a school & that log indicates that on average most schools are turned in by 1-3 other schools a year. So long as a school stays in that 1-3 average, the NCAA just considers it collateral damage. Rivals fighting over the same players, etc. But when that 1-3 turns into 7-10 all the sudden the NCAA knows it has a problem & opens up an investigation.

DeviousDawg
08-26-2016, 03:29 PM
Go to the 56 minute mark of today's edition of the Boneyard.

Steve says, "I mentioned when I filed the FOIA into Ole Miss, the first one, and let that kinda linger in the air for a second...."

Hmmmm... I find it very interesting that Steve threw that inn there.

DancingRabbit
08-27-2016, 12:59 PM
Appears that Freezus is calling Forde a liar.

Didn't we already see this movie back in January?

Asked about the rival players being interviewed by NCAA investigators ...

"I had no idea," Freeze said. "I don't know if it's true or not. Is it or is it not, I have no idea. You'd have to ask whoever wrote the article with no sources. From our end, we protect what's going on (regarding the investigation) and I would hope the same for everyone involved."

Token Bammer
08-27-2016, 01:20 PM
It's not possible for BAMA to sit this investigation out. Not after Bo Scarbrough. The bearsharks made sure of that.