PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer Up

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 06:18 PM
According to Nafoom this has become the rallying cry for the pissy Rebs. Never mind that they've already spent $1.5 million on legal fees between the firm in B'ham and the rendezvous down in Jackson. I love watching them squeal.

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 06:26 PM
I guess to them it feels like a more masculine version than "I'm going to call my lawyer" which just sounds like a snobbish prick with lady parts.

parabrave
08-25-2016, 06:56 PM
Of course. And in close 2nd is "well if we offered them money why didn't they sign with us." I swear that is the only thing that Cross could come up with today And Aub and Msu should be worried due to the fact that they were interviewing these kids.

Dawgowar
08-25-2016, 07:04 PM
Lawyer Up - Means "Diddy! Diddy! Those mean men want us to play by their stupid rules! Tell them we don't have to Diddy!"

Commercecomet24
08-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Of course. And in close 2nd is "well if we offered them money why didn't they sign with us." I swear that is the only thing that Cross could come up with today And Aub and Msu should be worried due to the fact that they were interviewing these kids.

These idiots that keep saying we and auburn should be worried about our players getting interviewed must've missed the part where the NCAA is interviewing them about their recruitment involving unm NOT us.

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 07:08 PM
If you want to get hammered drink every time you see someone post some version "lawyer up".
http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/57635/Welp

spbdawg
08-25-2016, 07:13 PM
#

Commercecomet24
08-25-2016, 07:15 PM
Remind them lawyers lead to depositions which are taken under oath.

This^^^^ I bet the NCAA would love to get some of these characters under oath.

Goldendawg
08-25-2016, 07:19 PM
I hope they do lawyer up. We got an injunction from a Mississippi judge to allow Larry Gillard and Richard Blackmore to play while we were under investigation during the Bob Tyler years. We later were forced to forfeit the 19 or so games that they played in. That was a long time ago, but I still don't think the NCAA appreciates lawyering up when you are guilty. Having those wins on the field back would sure help our overall record. I don't think they make you forfeit games anymore. Victories with ineligible players are now vacated. The opposing team cannot claim the victory.

Dawgcentral
08-25-2016, 07:20 PM
Constant threats to SUE THEM!

We were too upfront and nice!

It's a witch hunt!

They've found nothing and are now desperate!

How do those people get through the day with their heads so far up their asses?

MrKotter
08-25-2016, 07:26 PM
They act like offering immunity is something new. A kid Bruce Pearl recruited who ended up at a different school was offered immunity and proved to be Pearl's downfall. It will be Freeze's as well

youraveragesavage
08-25-2016, 07:30 PM
From @heyscottymac on Twitter

Now hearing Ole Miss is preparing defamation lawsuit against NCAA. This could get interesting.

Goldendawg
08-25-2016, 07:36 PM
Seldom works out to fight an organization that you voluntarily belong to, look how that War Between the States thing turned out.

ScottH
08-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Remind them lawyers lead to depositions which are taken under oath.

Please please please sue. I'd actually donate to the defense fund to keep the discovery period open.

That would give NCAA actual teeth to bite with.

The couple of good lawyers in their clan will set them straight. It is the uninformed clamoring for this.

As another poster pointed out earlier today, SC with exponentially more lawyers and money bent over and took it.

Commercecomet24
08-25-2016, 07:49 PM
I know one thing for sure, if we hear unm has lawyered up that's a for sure sign they know they're screwed. That would be desperation. Cuz you know all these people that sue the NCAA come out on top.

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 07:52 PM
And isn't it just ironic that SMU's motto is "Pony Up"?

I swear OM is the SEC version of SMU. Pretentious. Law school. Red and blue. Southern aristocrat "tradition".

Now it looks like they will wind up suffering the same fate.

Liverpooldawg
08-25-2016, 07:57 PM
Getting the courts involved is the last thing UM should want here. They just THINK it's a witch hunt now. Nobody has to say a dang word to the NCAA if they don't want to. Lawyers with subpoenas are another league all together.

Commercecomet24
08-25-2016, 07:59 PM
Testimonies and depositions under oath is the last thing the bears should want.

Dolphus Raymond
08-25-2016, 08:04 PM
Sue the NCAA!!
Damn, it must really suck to be them right now.

Natedogg33
08-25-2016, 08:30 PM
If they are stupid enough to " lawyer up" and take it to court, they will be pleading for a four year bowl ban and loss of 40 scholarships at the end. The only angle for them at that point would be to take the entire NCAA to task, thus trying to destroy the entire system as it is. They have no defense. The higher ups know they're caught and screwed. It would all be hilarious and shameful all in one blow.
I can guarantee they are digging bones and going to their notes. They will sling more shit than a chicken shit fertilizer cart to try to burn as many folks as possible. The part of Forde's article that pisses me off, once again, State was brought up with the interviews. Auburn should be pissed as well. He intentionally left out a name or names of other institutions. We all could've been unnamed.

Dawgology
08-25-2016, 08:47 PM
If this actually goes to court and subpoena power or court orders come in to play you could actually be looking at jail time for some involved I. This instead of just scholly reductions, show causes, and probation. I'm sure the IRS would then be happy to take a look at court ordered financial documents. How many millions in unclaimed earnings have been given out? May even fall under the RICO laws.

Bucky Dog
08-25-2016, 09:00 PM
Those fans are absolute idiots!!

Many think it's a witch hunt, and we have turned them in and are doing all the tattling. They want to be so narrow minded, and arrogant saying the West schools could not stand their success and had to take them down! Hahahahahahaha

Then they say the NCAA is desperate and have found nothing in the 4 years and don't want to look bad so they are making this up and now having to find something to nail them on so that is why they are interviewing with immunity.

Lawyer up! Yes, go ahead and do that and see how week that works for you.
Exemplary cooperation and look what it gets us!! Lawyer up!

There are a few fans that get it mixed in amongst the insanity. They keep it brief and say, this won't end well, or we are going to get nailed. Or even say they don't understand why they have been on campus so long unless they have been finding things.

One guy even was stupid enough to say that this would never have happened under Slive's watch. Do not turn in other institutions. Hey dumbass, Slive WAS the commissioner when this all began 4 years ago!!

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 09:16 PM
Those fans are absolute idiots!!

Many think it's a witch hunt, and we have turned them in and are doing all the tattling. They want to be so narrow minded, and arrogant saying the West schools could not stand their success and had to take them down! Hahahahahahaha

Then they say the NCAA is desperate and have found nothing in the 4 years and don't want to look bad so they are making this up and now having to find something to nail them on so that is why they are interviewing with immunity.

Lawyer up! Yes, go ahead and do that and see how week that works for you.
Exemplary cooperation and look what it gets us!! Lawyer up!

There are a few fans that get it mixed in amongst the insanity. They keep it brief and say, this won't end well, or we are going to get nailed. Or even say they don't understand why they have been on campus so long unless they have been finding things.

One guy even was stupid enough to say that this would never have happened under Slive's watch. Do not turn in other institutions. Hey dumbass, Slive WAS the commissioner when this all began 4 years ago!!

Didn't they try to hire Slime as a consultant at one point in time but he walked away from it? This whole thing needs to be written in a book. Oh, it will be!!!