PDA

View Full Version : So...is it getting possible (possible not probable)...

Tripp McNeely
08-25-2016, 03:25 PM
That the NCAA might shut their program down?

Tbonewannabe
08-25-2016, 03:30 PM
I don't think the NCAA will ever shut down a program again. At the most they probably get 4 year bowl ban and a lot of scholly hits along with limited visits. The coaches probably get show clauses so Hugh may have his career ended in NCAA football. That is probably the worst hit they could take.

Liverpooldawg
08-25-2016, 03:31 PM
They aren't under repeat offender status. That's what got SMU.

Westdawg
08-25-2016, 03:37 PM
They aren't under repeat offender status. That's what got SMU.

Well, here's the problem with your statement - OM has most likely been caught flat out lying to the NCAA. That is not cooperating - that is full on hiding what you are doing. I not going to say that OM could get the death penalty, but they very well could get as close to it as possible when you consider that they lied and had multiple coaching and administrative members on the current staff involved in rules-breaking and it never came to light until after the original investigation was all but over.....yeah they might just wish they get the death penalty after the penalties are handed down. Burn that mother down I say

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 03:38 PM
I don't want their program shut down. I want Ole Miss fans sitting in a half empty stadium watching their team get their ass kicked for 10 years.

When someone shuts you down, you move on to other things. You get into hunting, fishing, water polo, etc.. You find other things to fill your time.

When you don't get shut down but stink, you hold onto to the hope that things are turning around only to be continuously disappointed.

BrunswickDawg
08-25-2016, 03:46 PM
I don't want their program shut down. I want Ole Miss fans sitting in a half empty stadium watching their team get their ass kicked for 10 years.

When someone shuts you down, you move on to other things. You get into hunting, fishing, water polo, etc.. You find other things to fill your time.

When you don't get shut down but stink, you hold onto to the hope that things are turning around only to be continuously disappointed.

All day. I want 2-10 seasons for the next 10 years. It will not only wreck football, but the loss of $$ will impact their other sports too.

GreaterCowbell
08-25-2016, 03:49 PM

This all day long, I want my kids growing up thinking of Ole Miss as the school that's Vandys bitch.

Really Clark?
08-25-2016, 03:50 PM
All day. I want 2-10 seasons for the next 10 years. It will not only wreck football, but the loss of $$ will impact their other sports too.

I want them to suffer for the exact same amount of time that they perceive they were a national power in college football. To them that would around 40-50 years at a min.

EngDawg
08-25-2016, 03:55 PM
In realistic terms the short answer is no.

In terms of wanting every recruit in the nation to know how 17ed they are: Would you prefer firing squad or lethal injection?

JoseBrown
08-25-2016, 04:08 PM
In realistic terms the short answer is no.

In terms of wanting every recruit in the nation to know how 17ed they are: Would you prefer firing squad or lethal injection?

I would prefer they get Crooms for 10 years.

Liverpooldawg
08-25-2016, 04:18 PM
Well, here's the problem with your statement - OM has most likely been caught flat out lying to the NCAA. That is not cooperating - that is full on hiding what you are doing. I not going to say that OM could get the death penalty, but they very well could get as close to it as possible when you consider that they lied and had multiple coaching and administrative members on the current staff involved in rules-breaking and it never came to light until after the original investigation was all but over.....yeah they might just wish they get the death penalty after the penalties are handed down. Burn that mother down I say

So did SMU, the first time. It wasn't till the second time that they went down completely.

thf24
08-25-2016, 04:21 PM
My favorite hypothetical scenario was whoever's idea it was (my apologies for not remembering) to give their fans the choice of the program being crippled in the conventional manner, or getting a slap on the wrist but with the Grove being shut down for five years.

JoseBrown
08-25-2016, 04:43 PM
My favorite hypothetical scenario was whoever's idea it was (my apologies for not remembering) to give their fans the choice of the program being crippled in the conventional manner, or getting a slap on the wrist but with the Grove being shut down for five years.

They would take the crippling.

RocketDawg
08-25-2016, 05:14 PM
I don't think they'll be shut down, but if they are we'll need our stadium expansion sooner than later. Might even need that if they just get hit hard. They have a lot of bandwagon fans that would be willing to switch allegiance.

archdog
08-25-2016, 06:50 PM
This all day long, I want my kids growing up thinking of Ole Miss as the school that's Vandys bitch.

Kind of already is Vandy's bitch. How many years did they lose to them in a row?

Maroonbulldog
08-25-2016, 06:59 PM

Or does anyone else compare this season for The Rebs to a death row inmate getting ready for a last meal before the big event??? The Green Mile- NCAA edition.

I seen it dawg
08-25-2016, 07:15 PM
Trailer park

Spiderman
08-25-2016, 07:18 PM

No

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 08:07 PM
What if the NCAA considers the fact that administrators and coaches within the program who knew they were already under investigation continued to lie and pay players?

The ONLY REASON why this ISN'T the second round of investigations is because OM cheated SO MUCH that the NCAA could never get to the end of the investigation.

They may not be able to give them the death penalty but they should force OM to fire their entire staff and start from scratch because you can't trust anyone in that administration. That's what I want to see.

Political Hack
08-25-2016, 08:19 PM
Never say never. It's gotten bad and they're going for the jugular. I'd be shocked it'll it happens, but it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility. If they just punished them according to their standard rules punishments (X scholarships per X violation), they could end up with 40+ scholarship reductions. They're going to have a team full of walk ons no matter what for the foreseeable future. They'd better win this year because it's going to be a while before they have a pulse again.

Saltydog
08-25-2016, 08:21 PM
nt

dotcomdawg
08-25-2016, 08:28 PM
my guess-- 4 yr probation, 2-year bowl ban, 30 scholarships, a couple of show causes

It is my understanding that players on a team that receives a 2+ year bowl ban can transfer and play immidiately. That is the death nail. Players will bail. Recruiting will be very limited.

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 08:30 PM
Don't forget that UAB just "death penaltied" themselves and are back now. It CAN happen.

Really Clark?
08-25-2016, 08:47 PM
Don't forget that UAB just "death penaltied" themselves and are back now. It CAN happen.

What? UAB didn't self impose the death penalty. They did away with football for a year because of funding and the board of trustees. Not over violations.

Political Hack
08-25-2016, 09:07 PM
my guess-- 4 yr probation, 2-year bowl ban, 30 scholarships, a couple of show causes

It is my understanding that players on a team that receives a 2+ year bowl ban can transfer and play immidiately. That is the death nail. Players will bail. Recruiting will be very limited.

That was my guess about 6 months ago. It's worse now.

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 09:13 PM
What? UAB didn't self impose the death penalty. They did away with football for a year because of funding and the board of trustees. Not over violations.

I know that. But "same difference" (I've never typed that before). They killed their program for one year and came back.

Todd4State
08-25-2016, 11:26 PM

This is what I want to happen to them as a MSU fan. I want to blow out their walk-on legacy All-Stars 70-0 in the Egg Bowl about 5-6 times in a row and relegate them to Vanderbilt status or worse.

I want them to get blown out every SEC game and Vanderbilt to be considered ?an even match-up? for them. I want them to be barely competitive when they play the Citadel.

I don?t want to play USM or Alcorn in the Egg Bowl.

1bigdawg
08-26-2016, 12:49 AM
While the death penalty is unlikely, ask any "remaining" SMU fan whether they would have preferred a heavy probation instead of the death penalty. SMU "owned" Dallas and North Texas. Now, no one cares.

If they got the death penalty, they would likely get kicked out of the SEC. Think about it.:)

Reason2succeed
08-26-2016, 06:53 AM
While the death penalty is unlikely, ask any "remaining" SMU fan whether they would have preferred a heavy probation instead of the death penalty. SMU "owned" Dallas and North Texas. Now, no one cares.

If they got the death penalty, they would likely get kicked out of the SEC. Think about it.:)

OM would love to be a private school that is not only out of the SEC but also the "first ones" to pull out of the NCAA. Now, they are on the same level of higher than Notre Dame.***