PDA

View Full Version : New Forde article up

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2016, 08:16 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-ncaas-ole-miss-investigation-expands-beyond-laremy-tunsil-124229650.html?nhp=1

SheltonChoked
08-25-2016, 08:19 AM
9 over 3

Oh. I get it. That's the paid attendance at VH after is is over. 9 people over 3 years.

That's why the metal bleacher end zone. Easier to tear down.

TrapGame
08-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Well, that just can't be! Bdork told everyone it was over months ago!***

spiritual_machine2005
08-25-2016, 08:25 AM
Someone needs to tweet that to Ben Garrett. I don't tweet. But I remember he had a podcast in response to one of Steve's Boneyards were he was claiming that Steve was a liar and that it Ole Miss was ONLY being investigated for the Tunsil draft night stuff. Who's the liar now?

ElitedawgRecruiting
08-25-2016, 08:29 AM
David and Ben looked like total idiots now.

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 08:34 AM
Rosebowl 12 - Ole Miss media 0

Someday they'll just accept he's right

dogwalker
08-25-2016, 08:34 AM
Barrett Sallee and Gary Parrish were saying it's just Tunsil on the radio yesterday.

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2016, 08:35 AM
David and Ben looked like total idiots now.

Not just now. They've made an illustrious career out of looking like idiots.

Mjoelner34
08-25-2016, 08:39 AM
Barrett Sallee and Gary Parrish were saying it's just Tunsil on the radio yesterday.

Hahahaha. Bare-it Sally. It really says a lot about him when Auburn and UNM are the two schools he constantly pumps up and defends.

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 08:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/zB9pFSt.jpg

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Will be interesting to see if any recruits like Gay, Bowie, or Akers were lied to about this. You'd have to think this news pretty much eliminates Ole Miss from contention for them because the article states that the investigation won't be over for a while.

BB30
08-25-2016, 08:51 AM
How are Ole Miss fans so delusional? They still don't think they are going to get hammered. And, most are saying this is what exemplary cooperation gets you. They have literally lost their minds.

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 08:53 AM
How are Ole Miss fans so delusional? They still don't think they are going to get hammered. And, most are saying this is what exemplary cooperation gets you. They have literally lost their minds.

I've decided they won't leave the "denial" stage till after the sanctions are announced.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-25-2016, 08:59 AM

I know many Bear fans who know something bad is coming and are scared to death about it.

BB30
08-25-2016, 09:00 AM
It truly is incredible and will be quite the show when everything finally hits the fan. I am wondering how quick they turn on Freeze? I just do not see how they can still truly believe it is still not that big of a deal. I would like to think if we were in their situation we would recognize what is about to happen. They have to know deep down that this is not going to end good.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-25-2016, 09:01 AM
From the article:
"NCAA Enforcement representatives have visited Auburn and Mississippi State, and perhaps at least one more SEC Western Division school, this summer to speak with players who were recruited by Ole Miss. The players were granted immunity from potential NCAA sanctions in exchange for truthful accounts of their recruitment, sources said."

Curious as to who was interviewed....that immunity should scare the crap out of OM fans.

msstate7
08-25-2016, 09:02 AM
From the article:
"NCAA Enforcement representatives have visited Auburn and Mississippi State, and perhaps at least one more SEC Western Division school, this summer to speak with players who were recruited by Ole Miss. The players were granted immunity from potential NCAA sanctions in exchange for truthful accounts of their recruitment, sources said."

Curious as to who was interviewed....that immunity should scare the crap out of OM fans.

Leo would be my guess. Long reb commit that dropped em at the end

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Will be interesting to see if any recruits like Gay, Bowie, or Akers were lied to about this. You'd have to think this news pretty much eliminates Ole Miss from contention for them because the article states that the investigation won't be over for a while.

It won't affect Akers coming here if that's what you're getting at...

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Ole miss fans really remind me of the lyrics in the old megadeth song, "Symphony of Destruction". Tell me this doesn't sound like Freeze and Bjork and how they manipulated the TSUN fans:

You take a mortal man
And put him in control
Watch him become a god
Watch people's heads a'roll
A'roll, a' roll

Just like the Pied Piper
Led rats through the streets
We dance like marionettes
Swaying to the symphony
Of destruction

Acting like a robot
Its metal brain corrodes
You try to take its pulse
Before the head explodes
Explodes, explodes

Just like the Pied Piper
Led rats through the streets
We dance like marionettes
Swaying to the symphony
Swaying to the symphony
Of destruction

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-25-2016, 09:05 AM
I didn't get this at all from what he said.

MadDawg
08-25-2016, 09:07 AM
I know many Bear fans who know something bad is coming and are scared to death about it.

The Bear fans I know are in complete and total denial. "Nothing to see here. We will get about the same as you got for Redmond. They've already punished all the Tunsil stuff. Get a life." Etc.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-25-2016, 09:08 AM
Based on Leo's recent tweet showing all the past tweets from OM fans saying "Leo headed to JUCO"...Or "He was not a 5*, "he'll be a good 4* JUCO player"...

Made it easier for him to talk about things.

gtowndawg
08-25-2016, 09:09 AM
I rarely listen, it's a complete waste of time, but I turned it on after dropping the kids off for school. The entire time I listened (probably 5 minutes) they were talking about how nervous Mississippi State and Auburn must be after reading this article. I kid you not. To the general fan with no knowledge, you would assume this article was written about State and how they are now possibly being investigated. Because every one cheats and everyone knows it. That's some fine Ole Miss spin right there.

edited to add the best part: I meant to say their rationale for this was "Oh, Ole Miss offered you all of this stuff and then you went to State or Auburn? Then they must have offered you a lot more so we are going to investigate them now!!" These are "professional" radio people. People that can't be that stupid....right?

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 09:14 AM
This is going to be extremely interesting. I've heard stories about players taking Ole Miss cars & then signing with another school. So we are about to find out where the rubber meets the roads.

One thing is for certain though, the NCAA is out to NUKE Ole Miss. They are about to get blasted

http://i.imgur.com/5CQZwfj.jpg

msstate7
08-25-2016, 09:17 AM
I've always thought Steve's leak was a bama fan that's very close to the NCAA. Makes you wonder if forde's source could be the same person. Auburn and state players were mentioned, but not the 3rd sec west team (gotta be bama)

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2016, 09:20 AM
This is going to be Freeze at the COI.

http://i.imgur.com/bULsMxq.gif

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 09:20 AM
Even Sallee is starting to turn on Ole Miss. He admits in this mornings article, "This should be terrifying to Ole Miss fans."

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 09:21 AM
I've always thought Steve's leak was a bama fan that's very close to the NCAA. Makes you wonder if forde's source could be the same person. Auburn and state players were mentioned, but not the 3rd sec west team (gotta be bama)

I think your right. Sucks that Bama wasn't mentioned with us & Auburn. Just seems like a method of protecting Bama

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 09:26 AM
Perfect timing on this article by Forde. He's giving every commentator to their talking points coming into the season. OM has the last game of the first week and by the time they face FSU this will be talked about ad nauseum. Great job.

Really Clark?
08-25-2016, 09:27 AM
I think your right. Sucks that Bama wasn't mentioned with us & Auburn. Just seems like a method of protecting Bama

Or Forde's source is Bama and to get the info he had to promise not to name them. As long as the info gets out there nationally.

Beaver
08-25-2016, 09:30 AM
Biggest issue for OM is they have no friends. Because of their "All-in" mantra, they've pissed off Bama, UGA, and other big boys. No one is going to come to their defense.

BrunswickDawg
08-25-2016, 09:34 AM
I've decided they won't leave the "denial" stage till after the sanctions are announced.

They won't leave the denial stage until they have found a way to get us on probation. WE better be circling the wagons and ready to fight it this time.

BrunswickDawg
08-25-2016, 09:38 AM
Let's cut to a live feed in Oxford for a reaction......

https://storage.googleapis.com/vidsums/df8bcdcc-0fc4-41da-a236-dc499c05614c_text.gif

Really Clark?
08-25-2016, 09:40 AM
Wonder what Golson might have told the NCAA? Another last min flip who was committed to FSU for what? Nearly 2 years? Then you have the whirlwind recruitment of Elijah Daniel. Boy that 2013 class just keeps on giving

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 09:41 AM
And now we all know what that funeral was about.

tireddawg
08-25-2016, 09:42 AM
"ESPN reported in May that the text messages are real, citing sources, but that the school is investigating whether the messages were altered in any way."

They know good & damn well it wasn't altered.

Bodawg
08-25-2016, 09:44 AM
Bucky is preparing another funeral.....for the football program.

Bully13
08-25-2016, 09:45 AM
And now we all know what that funeral was about.

This. And this thread rocks.

Lance Harbor
08-25-2016, 09:51 AM

Same here. While I am out of state, the last few I've spoken to might as well be quoting the Irishman from Braveheart.

"I'm pretty sure, we're Fooked."

TXDawg
08-25-2016, 09:54 AM
The thread on NAFOOM about this article is pure gold.

The common theme is that it's all a big conspiracy trying to bring UMiss down. They've done nothing wrong, but the NCAA has a hard-on for them and will do whatever it takes to find something and nail them for it. You can't make this stuff up.

notsofarawaydawg
08-25-2016, 09:55 AM
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/sixpaksux/allin_zpsbh8ujydv.jpg

BrunswickDawg
08-25-2016, 09:57 AM

The common theme is that it's all a big conspiracy trying to bring UMiss down. They've done nothing wrong, but the NCAA has a hard-on for them and will do whatever it takes to find something and nail them for it. You can't make this stuff up.

Well, they do have a hard on for them - because of their (OM's) own actions. You mess with the bull, waive a red flag in his face, and dare him to charge, you are going to get the ****ing horns!!

vv83
08-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Who's the Auburn player? Golson I assume? I figure for us it could be just about anyone 4* and up that signed with us over them

AlSwearengen
08-25-2016, 10:03 AM
Wonder what Golson might have told the NCAA? Another last min flip who was committed to FSU for what? Nearly 2 years? Then you have the whirlwind recruitment of Elijah Daniel. Boy that 2013 class just keeps on giving

I have long thought that Golson could come back and bite them, he was obviously not happy at olemiss. Olemiss supposedly bought Daniel and then lied to him, telling him that they weren't going to recruit anymore DE's, while throwing everything they could at Chris Jones the whole time. That is what led Daniel to auburn.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Who's the Auburn player? Golson I assume? I figure for us it could be just about anyone 4* and up that signed with us over them

Maybe so...when Golson initially wanted to transfer OM temporarily blocked him from going to a SEC west team, but that changed after a few days. I wonder why...

Bully13
08-25-2016, 10:07 AM

It really is worth a visit. Pure gold.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-25-2016, 10:07 AM
Kellenberger: NCAA determined to get Ole Miss

"Forget Cleveland State. The NCAA is so mad at Ole Miss it’s just going to hammer Ole Miss.

For months I’ve been saying that if the violations contained in the original Notice of Allegations were all the NCAA had on the Rebels after a four-year investigation, then Ole Miss would get hit but it would survive.

But if the NCAA is going around to other Southeastern Conference schools (including Auburn and Mississippi State) and offering immunity to players for “truthful accounts of their recruitment,” as Yahoo Sports reported Thursday morning, then let’s call it for what it is. It’s a fishing expedition, and the NCAA is not leaving until they have caught their limit."

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2016, 10:18 AM
Behind the scenes when Killaburger writes an article about TSUN:

http://cdn1.ltttmstatic.com/wp-content/uploads/tradingplaces.jpg

MSUDawg99
08-25-2016, 10:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/zB9pFSt.jpg

I didn't think the NCAA worked that way? Didn't think a self-imposed postseason ban was something the NCAA would accept?

Maroonthirteen
08-25-2016, 10:24 AM
Sports 56

Is owned by old man Flynn. A rebel through and through.

Also remember, there are a lot of rebel fans in Memphis and Desoto county. Therefore lots of sponsorship dollars can be had for being pro reb. The mighty dollar talks. Even national columnist Gary Parrish tows the company line.

MSUDawg99
08-25-2016, 10:26 AM

God that Barrett Sallee guys is such a joke. He has absolutely no credibility in my eyes. Just a click bait salesman. He said LSU would finish 4th or lower in West. He chose AUB to win it. K! :/

AFDawg
08-25-2016, 10:27 AM
https://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/shawshank-redemption-111.jpg

MSUDawg99
08-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Based on Leo's recent tweet showing all the past tweets from OM fans saying "Leo headed to JUCO"...Or "He was not a 5*, "he'll be a good 4* JUCO player"...

Made it easier for him to talk about things.

Yeah I find it interesting that he kept all their tweets as motivation to beat some ass on the field this year.

msstate7
08-25-2016, 10:31 AM
Someone just forwarded me this from spirit chuck's chat...

spiritchuck:
"later guys/girls. . . . I can't deal with teh angst of this when there isn't a dang thing we can do about it and we are on the cusp of a fun season. It will end when it ends and we will deal with it. We have overcome worse. In the meantime, I am going to put my head in teh sand and enjoy the season."

MSUDawg99
08-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Even Sallee is starting to turn on Ole Miss. He admits in this mornings article, "This should be terrifying to Ole Miss fans."

He hasn't turned on them in regards to their FB season. Has them over LSU in the West.

Op4isabitch
08-25-2016, 10:33 AM
The thread on Nafoom is hilarious. Those idiots think they are the first school to be punished by the NCAA, all this talk about lawyering up is funny. News flash USCw got hammered and they have pockets 50 times deeper than the second poorest school in the SEC.

Fricking man up, admit you cheated your asses off and you got caught. Better luck next time asshats.

MadDawg
08-25-2016, 10:39 AM
Biggest issue for OM is they have no friends. Because of their "All-in" mantra, they've pissed off Bama, UGA, and other big boys. No one is going to come to their defense.

And from what I've heard, there are several head coaches at other schools that are pissed and want them hammered. Lots of interested eyes watching this....

gtowndawg
08-25-2016, 10:46 AM
Sports 56

Is owned by old man Flynn. A rebel through and through.

Also remember, there are a lot of rebel fans in Memphis and Desoto county. Therefore lots of sponsorship dollars can be had for being pro reb. The mighty dollar talks. Even national columnist Gary Parrish tows the company line.

True, no doubt, that's why I don't listen much. But there is a huge State presence in Memphis now. In fact, I went to the ECS v Briarcrest game last Friday night and I saw more Dads and kids wearing State stuff than ANY other school. I'm not saying that means there are more State fans necessarily, but there's been massive growth in the last decade.

SaintDawg
08-25-2016, 10:48 AM
Today's special at the Ole Miss cafeteria, and the same for months to come...
http://tripleseo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/turdwich-776433.jpg

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2016, 10:51 AM
The thread on Nafoom is hilarious. Those idiots think they are the first school to be punished by the NCAA, all this talk about lawyering up is funny. News flash USCw got hammered and they have pockets 50 times deeper than the second poorest school in the SEC.

Fricking man up, admit you cheated your asses off and you got caught. Better luck next time asshats.

At least the fact that the NCAA is about to go in hard and dry is settling in for them now, albeit for the wrong reasons, but at least they are coming to grips with the fact that they are about to be walking like their ass is on sideways and they have to crap for a long time.

Beaver
08-25-2016, 10:56 AM
Kellenberger: NCAA determined to get Ole Miss

"Forget Cleveland State. The NCAA is so mad at Ole Miss it’s just going to hammer Ole Miss.

For months I’ve been saying that if the violations contained in the original Notice of Allegations were all the NCAA had on the Rebels after a four-year investigation, then Ole Miss would get hit but it would survive.

But if the NCAA is going around to other Southeastern Conference schools (including Auburn and Mississippi State) and offering immunity to players for “truthful accounts of their recruitment,” as Yahoo Sports reported Thursday morning, then let’s call it for what it is. It’s a fishing expedition, and the NCAA is not leaving until they have caught their limit."

I can't believe he actually wrote that article. He comes off as a whiny OM fan who is mad the NCAA is starting to find what it came looking for. For him and others that are basically calling it a witch hunt... What did y'all expect when a player ON THE NIGHT OF BECOMING AN INSTANT MULTI-MILLIONARE admits to the world that he took money from a coach??? I mean literally admitting that his alma-mater has committed a major Level I infraction...

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 10:57 AM
This quote from Kellenberger's propaganda piece is just embarrassing.

"At some point Ole Miss will have to reconsider its stance towards the NCAA, which has always been one of absolute respect and deference. What has that really gotten Ole Miss? Its fans, and I’m sure some people in the administration building, are long past ready to go on the offensive over this. Will athletics director Ross Bjork join them?"

Then combine it with what Wolken tweeted this morning. Seems conflicting
http://i.imgur.com/XKw0uRT.jpg

LC Dawg
08-25-2016, 10:59 AM
Well, they do have a hard on for them - because of their (OM's) own actions. You mess with the bull, waive a red flag in his face, and dare him to charge, you are going to get the ****ing horns!!

And when you mess with the elephant you get the tusks!

BossDawg
08-25-2016, 11:01 AM
I can't believe he actually wrote that article.

He knows very few people will read it anyway.

ElectroDawg
08-25-2016, 11:01 AM
I rarely listen, it's a complete waste of time, but I turned it on after dropping the kids off for school. The entire time I listened (probably 5 minutes) they were talking about how nervous Mississippi State and Auburn must be after reading this article. I kid you not. To the general fan with no knowledge, you would assume this article was written about State and how they are now possibly being investigated. Because every one cheats and everyone knows it. That's some fine Ole Miss spin right there.

edited to add the best part: I meant to say their rationale for this was "Oh, Ole Miss offered you all of this stuff and then you went to State or Auburn? Then they must have offered you a lot more so we are going to investigate them now!!" These are "professional" radio people. People that can't be that stupid....right?

The CL made a similar claim. Delusional mf'ers!

LC Dawg
08-25-2016, 11:05 AM

"At some point Ole Miss will have to reconsider its stance towards the NCAA, which has always been one of absolute respect and deference. What has that really gotten Ole Miss? Its fans, and I’m sure some people in the administration building, are long past ready to go on the offensive over this. Will athletics director Ross Bjork join them?"

Secretary: Mr. Kellenberger, Mr. Manning is on line 1.
Mr. Manning: Hugh, we are spinning this another way. We are going to throw Bjork's dumb ass under the bus and blame all the sanctions on him for being too nice to the NCAA.
Hugh: Yes sir. I will have it online in less than an hour.

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 11:05 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ASgL1kc8WOc/UOJhaBgl3WI/AAAAAAAAA_s/DXa5TtQ0S4c/s1600/5StagesOfCheater%5C'sGriefInTheDigitalAge:littlegr eengirl.me:2012.png

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2016, 11:18 AM
Killaburger just erased any doubt that he's sold his soul and professional integrity to tsun.

ScottH
08-25-2016, 11:19 AM

"At some point Ole Miss will have to reconsider its stance towards the NCAA, which has always been one of absolute respect and deference. What has that really gotten Ole Miss? Its fans, and I?m sure some people in the administration building, are long past ready to go on the offensive over this. Will athletics director Ross Bjork join them?"

This is the raw beauty here.

Their normal first line threat although usually idle (from the largest donor to the fan working at the fast food joint) is we'll sue them.

They can't afford to and they know it. They are boxed in.

The only real protection they have is the NCAA's lack of power. They sue, they give the NCAA deposition power.

So to all your Rebel pals, gig'em. Ask em why they don't reach in their deep pockets with an army of lawyers and sue the NCAA, Just ask em.

To the poster that mentioned SC above, you are spot on.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-25-2016, 11:25 AM
I can't believe he actually wrote that article. He comes off as a whiny OM fan who is mad the NCAA is starting to find what it came looking for. For him and others that are basically calling it a witch hunt... What did y'all expect when a player ON THE NIGHT OF BECOMING AN INSTANT MULTI-MILLIONARE admits to the world that he took money from a coach??? I mean literally admitting that his alma-mater has committed a major Level I infraction...

It's pathetic that print even makes the site, but we know it's not surprising from the CL. Hell if MSU was in trouble, Rusty Hampton would probably come out of retirement to write a story on it.

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2016, 11:27 AM
I absolutely stole this and I absolutely don't care.

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4752&d=1470425129

Maroonthirteen
08-25-2016, 11:28 AM
Half pint Vernon tows the party line.

"This story is boring."

"If Ole Miss paid, what did Miss St and Auburn give them?"

gtowndawg
08-25-2016, 11:34 AM
It's like Cody from Duel Survival said once:

"Do you want a sh*t sandwich or a sh*t sandwich with mustard? Well, I guess I'll take the one with mustard but I really don't want either"

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-25-2016, 11:34 AM
https://i.imgsafe.org/52952c7.gif

Political Hack
08-25-2016, 11:36 AM

You think they told them the truth while lying to everyone else? They're about to make the USC case look like child's play. SMU Part 2. This will be the closest thing to the death penalty we've ever seen with the obvious exception being the actual death penalty, and if I were an OM administrator id be worried about that as an outside possibility at this point if they continue to uncover everything they've done.

Bubb Rubb
08-25-2016, 11:37 AM
This is the raw beauty here.

Their normal first line threat although usually idle (from the largest donor to the fan working at the fast food joint) is we'll sue them.

They can't afford to and they know it. They are boxed in.

The only real protection they have is the NCAA's lack of power. They sue, they give the NCAA deposition power.

So to all your Rebel pals, gig'em. Ask em why they don't reach in their deep pockets with an army of lawyers and sue the NCAA, Just ask em.

To the poster that mentioned SC above, you are spot on.

Everyone needs to understand this: the NCAA is not going to allow itself to get into another Miami situation. Armies of lawyers can come running to the plantation in defense of their mother land, but the NCAA's case against Ole Miss is going to be iron-clad. They have a lot at stake here too.

Political Hack
08-25-2016, 11:37 AM

Best GIF ever? It has to be given consideration.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-25-2016, 11:39 AM
Best GIF ever? It has to be given consideration.

Yep...like poetry in motion.

Political Hack
08-25-2016, 11:41 AM
I can't stop thinking about the level of asshattery that's gone on here:

"there is no investigation"

it's other sports

It's old staff.

Most are old staff

There is no 2nd letter

The investigation is over

9 over 3

You could write a book about this crap... Oh wait, someone is.

msstate7

I love that gif

Westdawg
Anyone not a Rebel can see this for what it really is -
Ole Miss got caught LYING to the NCAA. It is fairly obvious that once the NCAA saw that Ole Miss had been lying the entire time about Tunsil, it was at that point that they decided they were going for everything and follow every single lead they had on everything involving Ole Miss.

If OM had come clean at the get-go ( THAT would have been exemplary cooperation) this would have already been over and done

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 11:43 AM
Killaburger just erased any doubt that he's sold his soul and professional integrity to tsun.

Didn't Daniel Pauling move to cover Jackson State yesterday? Hugh: "Move over son and let me show you how it's done."

Political Hack
08-25-2016, 11:47 AM
I think it's safe to say this is the article that was rumored to come out weeks ago and Forde just sat on it until now. He's a dick.

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 11:49 AM

And with that, you my friend have just won the Internet!!!

Technetium
08-25-2016, 11:52 AM

This is one of the greatest gifs I've ever seen! I spit out some of my lunch with laughter!

Bully13
08-25-2016, 11:56 AM
And with that, you my friend have just won the Internet!!!

That's funny as hell. Where did that come from?

Dolphus Raymond
08-25-2016, 12:08 PM
Westdawg hit the nail squarely on the head, I believe. The NCAA learned Ole Miss had been less than truthful on Tunsil and pulled out all the stops.

gravedigger
08-25-2016, 12:12 PM
Someone just forwarded me this from spirit chuck's chat...

spiritchuck:
"later guys/girls. . . . I can't deal with teh angst of this when there isn't a dang thing we can do about it and we are on the cusp of a fun season. It will end when it ends and we will deal with it. We have overcome worse. In the meantime, I am going to put my head in teh sand and enjoy the season."

What is going to be fun about knowing it will never count and that the players will likely mail it in?

and while we are on that, why is the ncaa going to let them delay judgement if already found guilty? I just dont get what the ncaa is obligated to wait on. The ONLY thing that can come from the delay is more punishment.

I also have a hard time believing the ncaa would completely take the death penlty off the table given the number and egregious nature of the violations being committed. That and the false statements by the AD that indicate his focus is more on perception than actual compliance.

This case, every bit as much as the smu case has all the features of a rouge program.

It wont kill me if they dont get the harshest punishment sice the pony express, but im not sure there is much of a precedent for the COI to go on.

fishwater99
I think it's safe to say this is the article that was rumored to come out weeks ago and Forde just sat on it until now. He's a dick.

He should have waited until early next week. At least it wasn't a Friday.

mparkerfd20
Didn't Daniel Pauling move to cover Jackson State yesterday? Hugh: "Move over son and let me show you how it's done."

"Fire on the Mountain." Run, boys, run!
The Devil's in the house of the rising sun

BrunswickDawg
08-25-2016, 12:15 PM
The timing is better now. He was waiting for something like the Danny Hugh Feaux Funeral to hit so it would have maximum impact. Maybe he drop another a week from now as the "OM tries to ignore distractions" hit before the FSU game.

msudawglb
08-25-2016, 12:25 PM

Don't forget about Lawson at Auburn. The bears thought they had him until the last week before signing day. Several "in the know" said that he was in the bag.

Leroy Jenkins
08-25-2016, 12:30 PM
Was there any doubt why Danny Hugh continued to call Chris Jones years later?

TrapGame
08-25-2016, 12:43 PM
Anyone not a Rebel can see this for what it really is -
Ole Miss got caught LYING to the NCAA. It is fairly obvious that once the NCAA saw that Ole Miss had been lying the entire time about Tunsil, it was at that point that they decided they were going for everything and follow every single lead they had on everything involving Ole Miss.

If OM had come clean at the get-go ( THAT would have been exemplary cooperation) this would have already been over and done

Yep, being truthful about Tunsil would have gotten them the 9 over 3 but now the entire Network is in jeopardy. What would have been a slap on the wrist has now turned into a full on beat down.

BrunswickDawg
08-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Yep, being truthful about Tunsil would have gotten them the 9 over 3 but now the entire Network is in jeopardy. What would have been a slap on the wrist has now turned into a full on beat down.

Couldn't happen to a better group of narcissistic assholes!

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Do you guys realize that we've been right about everything that we said about Ole Miss since Freeze got there?

I mean, for all the "it's just fan stuff" I've heard, we've been pretty damn accurate.

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 12:46 PM
Don't forget about Lawson at Auburn. The bears thought they had him until the last week before signing day. Several "in the know" said that he was in the bag.

Add Byron Cowart to that list as well

BoomBoom
08-25-2016, 01:00 PM
What is going to be fun about knowing it will never count and that the players will likely mail it in?

and while we are on that, why is the ncaa going to let them delay judgement if already found guilty? I just dont get what the ncaa is obligated to wait on. The ONLY thing that can come from the delay is more punishment.

I also have a hard time believing the ncaa would completely take the death penlty off the table given the number and egregious nature of the violations being committed. That and the false statements by the AD that indicate his focus is more on perception than actual compliance.

This case, every bit as much as the smu case has all the features of a rouge program.

It wont kill me if they dont get the harshest punishment sice the pony express, but im not sure there is much of a precedent for the COI to go on.

There's the thing, the NCAA will take ages to finalize action against the University....but the players have no such luxury. If they have the goods on any of their playerd, they won't be playing. I expect to see multiple suspensions pop up at game time opening day.

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2016, 01:10 PM
Newest bear excuse:

The NCAA is a Yankee organization up in Indy and they're wanting to hammer tsun because the NCAA thinks they're racist.

Leroy Jenkins
08-25-2016, 01:34 PM
Newest bear excuse:

The NCAA is a Yankee organization up in Indy and they're wanting to hammer tsun because the NCAA thinks they're racist.

Oh, the race card.... when you absolutely, positively have nothing left.

ScoobaDawg
08-25-2016, 01:42 PM
https://s13.postimg.org/bgm7pavmv/freeze_shawshank.jpg

DawgHouseUnited
08-25-2016, 01:43 PM
There's the thing, the NCAA will take ages to finalize action against the University....but the players have no such luxury. If they have the goods on any of their playerd, they won't be playing. I expect to see multiple suspensions pop up at game time opening day.

I could be wrong but I disagree. I think the NCAA let's them play the kids and just punishes the school retroactively- vacated wins or whatever.

My question is this: investigations are ongoing. Will these findings amend the current NOA, or will the NCAA just reload and hit them with a 2nd One?

BrunswickDawg
08-25-2016, 01:47 PM
I could be wrong but I disagree. I think the NCAA let's them play the kids and just punishes the school retroactively- vacated wins or whatever.

My question is this: investigations are ongoing. Will these findings amend the current NOA, or will the NCAA just reload and hit them with a 2nd One?
Well, that's not how they handled Tunsil....

Hrdawg82
08-25-2016, 01:58 PM
This will go down as the most poorly handled investigation by any institution in the history of College Sports.

Hrdawg82
08-25-2016, 02:01 PM

If they find out that current players were paid and given benefits they cant let them play. So if thats the case, I think we will see suspensions get handed down and that will only turn out worse for the Rebs. I just dont see any outs for them at this point. This is just like the SMU where the coaches had to just throw up their hands and say let it ride until the end.

HoopsDawg
08-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Add Byron Cowart to that list as well

Pretty funny that we can't narrow it down the list of players they cheated with.

Technetium
08-25-2016, 02:09 PM
So should we expect to see any key players mysteriously suspended for FSU? Will the NCAA have alerted them to the dangers of playing players X/Y/Z, or is the new information going to only affect the coaches and institution?

Really Clark?
08-25-2016, 02:21 PM
Pretty funny that we can't narrow it down the list of players they cheated with.

At this point, the list of players they didn't cheat with is probably much shorter.

Johnson85
08-25-2016, 02:41 PM

I don't think there's a chance in hell that any of the Power 5 Conferences would let the death penalty be levied against any Power 5 COnference School. Just too much TV money at stake. They can hammer Ole Miss without causing a problem with TV. ESPN may not be crazy about having to broadcast a game between say a decimated SEC school and a cupcake DI school, but at least they get to televise the game. If they can't televise the game period, I would assume that would result in a reduction of money paid to the SEC under the contract.

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2016, 02:46 PM
I don't think there's a chance in hell that any of the Power 5 Conferences would let the death penalty be levied against any Power 5 COnference School. Just too much TV money at stake. They can hammer Ole Miss without causing a problem with TV. ESPN may not be crazy about having to broadcast a game between say a decimated SEC school and a cupcake DI school, but at least they get to televise the game. If they can't televise the game period, I would assume that would result in a reduction of money paid to the SEC under the contract.

MAybe they can force all of their games to be the 11:00am SECN game.

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 03:00 PM

Replace them with Tulane, LSU's real rival.

confucius say
08-25-2016, 03:02 PM
This will go down as the most poorly handled investigation by any institution in the history of College Sports.

Been saying this for 3 months. It's been a comedy of errors.

Liverpooldawg
08-25-2016, 03:07 PM

It has it all but one thing. They aren't under repeat offender status. It was the second go around that killed SMU.

StatesboroBlues
08-25-2016, 03:16 PM
It has it all but one thing. They aren't under repeat offender status. It was the second go around that killed SMU.

This...

DawgHouseUnited
08-25-2016, 04:05 PM
Well, that's not how they handled Tunsil....

See, I thought OM voluntarily sat him and the ncaa never gave them any kind of concrete ruling?

Boodawg
08-25-2016, 04:08 PM
See, I thought OM voluntarily sat him and the ncaa never gave them any kind of concrete ruling?

This is what I thought as well. NCAA never officially cleared him, but UM said that they did. I don't know if that's accurate or not.

TUSK
08-25-2016, 04:19 PM
And when you mess with the elephant you get the tusks!

you rang?

Really Clark?
08-25-2016, 04:22 PM
This is what I thought as well. NCAA never officially cleared him, but UM said that they did. I don't know if that's accurate or not.

This is how well their vast amount misinformation of this whole investigation has people believing their story even by accident. The NCAA did suspend him but UNM had everyone believing they were sitting him while they investigated.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/tunsil-suspended-for-7-games/

DawgHouseUnited
08-25-2016, 04:27 PM
This is how well their vast amount misinformation of this whole investigation has people believing their story even by accident. The NCAA did suspend him but UNM had everyone believing they were sitting him while they investigated.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/tunsil-suspended-for-7-games/

+1
thanks for clarification.

redstickdawg
08-25-2016, 05:18 PM
The quote below removes all doubts to objectivity by the clarion rebel. Anyone that still thinks that it was an accident in Tenn. that caused the cr to headline thanks to TSUN when we won the SEC in baseball is simply stupid! There is no objectivity the cr is the DM south version.

"At some point Ole Miss will have to reconsider its stance towards the NCAA, which has always been one of absolute respect and deference. What has that really gotten Ole Miss? Its fans, and I?m sure some people in the administration building, are long past ready to go on the offensive over this. Will athletics director Ross Bjork join them?"

Dolphus Raymond
08-25-2016, 05:32 PM
I went to NAFOOM to get a read on their angle. I understand that the posters there only represent a very small portion of their fan base but damn. At what point do those guys just finally accept that the NCAA has the goods and they are F--ked? They are arguing about partial immunity verses blanket immunity and who did or did not snitch on them. They have to be kidding themselves if they think "all is well". It would be interesting if some of those posters took a polygraph test and were asked "do you believe Ole Miss football will be proven largely innocent"? Would their answer reveal they are not being truthful? They can't really believe what they are saying.

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 05:51 PM
I went to NAFOOM to get a read on their angle. I understand that the posters there only represent a very small portion of their fan base but damn. At what point do those guys just finally accept that the NCAA has the goods and they are F--ked? They are arguing about partial immunity verses blanket immunity and who did or did not snitch on them. They have to be kidding themselves if they think "all is well". It would be interesting if some of those posters took a polygraph test and were asked "do you believe Ole Miss football will be proven largely innocent"? Would their answer reveal they are not being truthful? They can't really believe what they are saying.

This is what is happening to them both individually and collectively.

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/thefivestagesofgrief-130227070252-phpapp02/95/the-five-stages-of-grief-1-638.jpg?cb=1361953683

Commercecomet24
08-25-2016, 05:52 PM
They won't get the death penalty but the NCAA may hammer them so hard they wished they didn't have a football program. If they nail them with big scholarship losses over multiple years, bowl bans and show causes that place will be radioactive for at least a decade and watching the beatings they take on the field will be more fun than if they got the death penalty.

RocketDawg
08-25-2016, 05:53 PM
Do you guys realize that we've been right about everything that we said about Ole Miss since Freeze got there?

I mean, for all the "it's just fan stuff" I've heard, we've been pretty damn accurate.

Yes I've noticed that. The immunity thing was brought up here several days before the Forde article came out. That's just the latest ... it's been like that ever since Rosebowl first exposed the situation.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-25-2016, 06:18 PM
I wonder if CC Jefferson was interviewed by the NCAA. His recruitment was....interesting

Spiderman
08-25-2016, 06:48 PM

Straight from an SEC asst. coach, who has been in this league for 20 years, and not even talking about OM, direct quote, "Some of these kids are so hard up, if you give them a bag of cash, they could give 2 shits about bowl games or championships."

Spiderman
08-25-2016, 06:50 PM

I had an OM fan on the golf course yesterday tell me he was finished with them.

Not over NCAA.

Over banning Dixie. Actually said he hopes State beats their ass in the Egg Bowl.

They have problems everywhere.

Spiderman
08-25-2016, 06:57 PM

It's not a Bammer. What I thought at 1st. But it's not.

I can't swear who it is. And unless he says, which I bet my life he never will, only Rosebowl knows the true identity. All I know is it's not what I thought at 1st.

There are a few on here, or were, who have a very good idea. But unless Rosey says, we will never know 100%

Mjoelner34
08-25-2016, 07:08 PM
I wonder if CC Jefferson was interviewed by the NCAA. His recruitment was....interesting

From another board, a guy contacted his friend at Auburn to find out who their player was. His friend never answered that but said the other school was Florida and it was about Jefferson.

M.Fillmore
08-25-2016, 10:43 PM

Sorry fellas. But the worst was when we had a local yokel judge re-instate Larry Gillard after the NCAA suspended him. As if the NCAA was going to be intimidated by a Mississippi judge. We hold the title for the most poorly handled investigation. Maybe the Bears will sue the NCAA and snatch the title away from us.

One can hope.

Turfdawg67
08-25-2016, 11:12 PM
They won't get the death penalty but the NCAA may hammer them so hard they wished they didn't have a football program. If they nail them with big scholarship losses over multiple years, bowl bans and show causes that place will be radioactive for at least a decade and watching the beatings they take on the field will be more fun than if they got the death penalty.

THIS is what I'm hoping will happen... SEC is too powerful for one of their members to get the "Death Penalty" but the sanctions will be so bad that they'll wish they had.

Turfdawg67
08-25-2016, 11:16 PM
I had an OM fan on the golf course yesterday tell me he was finished with them.

Not over NCAA.

Over banning Dixie. Actually said he hopes State beats their ass in the Egg Bowl.

They have problems everywhere.

Curious as to how your "big time" Ole Miss booster/golfing buddies now feel about what is going to happen to them. Not so long ago I believe you stated that they weren't very worried. I bet they are puckering now.

Turfdawg67
08-25-2016, 11:18 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Interpolation_Dawg_EX again.

* Well I tried... this is briliant!

Spiderman
08-26-2016, 06:36 AM
Curious as to how your "big time" Ole Miss booster/golfing buddies now feel about what is going to happen to them. Not so long ago I believe you stated that they weren't very worried. I bet they are puckering now.

still in wait and see mode. Nothing new from him. Haven't talked to him in a while.