PDA

View Full Version : 4 interesting things about the FB team I was told today.

preachermatt83
08-24-2016, 10:03 PM
1) Jamal Peters is starting to show flashes of the greatness we expected

2) Peter Sirmon is an absolute genius. (The guy said he's never seen a man smarter defensively than Sirmon)

3) Smokey has improved and will be our best cover corner. He is going to play a lot like Taveze did. Said Durr was extremely talented but lacked a little in a few areas understanding the defense. Look for our corners to get torched early but get better quickly as the year progresses.

4) Our front 7 are unreal good. Said Calvin is a monster. He said that he wouldn't be surprised if we were top 3 in the SEC in sacks this year. He told me that we don't have a single guy in our front 7 that don't have NFL potential. (AJ only IFFY one)

Homedawg
08-24-2016, 10:09 PM
1) Jamal Peters is starting to show flashes of the greatness we expected

2) Peter Sirmon is an absolute genius. (The guy said he's never seen a man smarter defensively than Sirmon)

3) Smokey has improved and will be our best cover corner. He is going to play a lot like Taveze did. Said Durr was extremely talented but lacked a little in a few areas understanding the defense. Look for our corners to get torched early but get better quickly as the year progresses.

4) Our front 7 are unreal good. Said Calvin is a monster. He said that he wouldn't be surprised if we were top 3 in the SEC in sacks this year. He told me that we don't have a single guy in our front 7 that don't have NFL potential. (AJ only IFFY one)

Glad you are a glass is half full guy....

I seen it dawg
08-24-2016, 10:13 PM
Come on down Ed

preachermatt83
08-24-2016, 10:19 PM

Lol, u don't wanna know what he said about the offense. Ha!!

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 07:06 AM
I just hope that the evaluation is not just a result of them going up against a poor offense. We will see soon enough but I do believe we have some great talent on D this year. If Mullen can manufacture some offense we could be great. Defense wins championships.

msstate7
08-25-2016, 07:09 AM
I just hope that the evaluation is not just a result of them going up against a poor offense. We will see soon enough but I do believe we have some great talent on D this year. If Mullen can manufacture some offense we could be great. Defense wins championships.
Hopefully the offense is getting a bad rep from facing our defense

Oleo
08-25-2016, 07:09 AM
Glad to hear continued compliments about Sirmon. Our best chance for a team identity will be on defense, imo.

cant wait til the games begin !

SouthMSDog
08-25-2016, 07:12 AM

I am going to be optimistic, and assume that the offense looks like chit due to practicing against a lights out defense every day.

Westdawg
08-25-2016, 07:56 AM
You have to realize that while the defense has changed significantly, the offense has not at all, and is probably "vanilla" due to not knowing who the QB is and keeping things somewhat limited for the offense to gel.
But the defensive players , having been here in the system, know what the cues are on offense and are firing off, while the offense has not faced this defense much aside from similar looks from Bama and Kentucky.
These two key points alone will quite often make an offense look like dog crap in practice

mic
08-25-2016, 08:01 AM
Word I got is...
JP could be very good at CB once he gets it down...

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 08:27 AM
I am going to be optimistic, and assume that the offense looks like chit due to practicing against a lights out defense every day.

FWIW, word is that Alabama is having the same issue. Apparently, they've got the 85 Bears' defensive line and pass rush this year and they can't figure who their best QB option is because in scrimmages none of them have anytime to throw.

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2016, 08:30 AM
Word I got is...
JP could be very good at CB once he gets it down...

Man, I hope your right, but Jamal Peters playing CB is cray cray. That is a big ass corner. It's literally one of those moves that will either be terrible or so ingenious that it takes our team to another level. If Peters can legitimately play CB at that size, he may be a 1st round draft pick. I'm not kidding. That's like elite corner stuff, because he can win jump balls and tackle on the edge

Homedawg
08-25-2016, 10:46 AM
Not sure how preacher got the word about Jamal being a stud considering he missed a ton of camp w a concussion. But maybe he looked good in the injured pit.

msstate7
08-25-2016, 10:48 AM
Not sure how preacher got the word about Jamal being a stud considering he missed a ton of camp w a concussion. But maybe he looked good in the injured pit.

Homedawg, I love your insight into the program, but sometimes I wish you'd let us just be happy... Even if we have no reason to be haha

the59dawg
08-25-2016, 10:50 AM

Why not? Why be a naysayer all the time. Especially when one does not have facts to support the negative, only supportgism.

Bothrops
08-25-2016, 10:53 AM
I believe have a real DC for the first time in a long time.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-25-2016, 11:18 AM
I'll say this about Calvin. Just go watch the tape. He was extremely improved from the beginning of the year to the end of the year. I'm expecting a big year from him.

Big4Dawg
08-25-2016, 11:23 AM
Which means he'll be gone in a year....jk....hopefully

Brahmabull
08-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Peters is stiff in the hips. Don't see this corner experiment going well and yes, Homedawg is right. Dude has not been doing much so far.

Homedawg
08-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Homedawg, I love your insight into the program, but sometimes I wish you'd let us just be happy... Even if we have no reason to be haha

Sorry bro. I didn't know we'd moved back to genes page. Was just posting info. I'll save it from now on unless its positive.

preachermatt83
08-25-2016, 11:49 AM

Jamal has gotten plenty of reps.

msstate7
08-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Sorry bro. I didn't know we'd moved back to genes page. Was just posting info. I'll save it from now on unless its positive.

Just save it till tomorrow... Let us enjoy OM's day in the sun haha

fishwater99
08-25-2016, 12:05 PM
How is Stamps coming along?

somebodyshotmypaw
08-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Corner will be interesting. We need some production there. One guy who absolutely will not help us this year (or any year for that matter) is Chris Rayford. He can't play at this level. I'm interested to see Smitherman, Stamps, and Durr. I think they have potential.

Saltydog
08-25-2016, 12:53 PM
NT

preachermatt83
08-25-2016, 02:10 PM
NT

I agree but it's not bc he does t have the potential to... He's just never lived up to his potential. Hoping under a new d-line coach that he will.

Jack Lambert
08-25-2016, 04:03 PM
Hopefully the offense is getting a bad rep from facing our defense

The offense is always bad this time a year. All ways.

youraveragesavage
08-25-2016, 04:25 PM
What are the chances we retain sirmon if our defense is lights out this year? Hope strick is competitive with salary if it comes down to it. Seems like a great coach and recruiter.

Saltydog
08-25-2016, 05:12 PM
NT

Homedawg
08-25-2016, 06:00 PM
What are the chances we retain sirmon if our defense is lights out this year? Hope strick is competitive with salary if it comes down to it. Seems like a great coach and recruiter.

i would answer, but I'd be accused of being negative.

msstate7
08-25-2016, 06:16 PM
i would answer, but I'd be accused of being negative.

Stop it... I was playing. I read every one of your posts bc you know what you're talking about.

Op4isabitch
08-25-2016, 07:35 PM
Honest question, every year we hear how bad the offense is looking but how many years have we set records? I think Coach will find a way to gain the yards.