PDA

View Full Version : Sec Network predictions...

preachermatt83
08-24-2016, 09:29 PM
Are literally laughable. They have Arky beating Us, OM, and Bama. They got Kentucky beating us but losing to Vandy. They also have auburn beating us. SMH!!

missouridawg
08-24-2016, 09:31 PM
Vandy is going to win 7 games this year. All of y'all sleeping on Vandy need to go back and watch how great that defense played to end the season last year. They have an easy schedule too.

UK isn't going to beat us. Nor is Arkansas.

Homedawg
08-24-2016, 09:35 PM
I don't know who we are going to beat. But I'll take 7-5 and not play a game right now. I might take 6-6 and just get me to a bowl.

lamont
08-24-2016, 10:09 PM
Are literally laughable. They have Arky beating Us, OM, and Bama. They got Kentucky beating us but losing to Vandy. They also have auburn beating us. SMH!!

other than UPig over Bama- those are all very reasonable. Vandy and Kentucky are bowl teams this year. UPig has Mississippi at home. We play at Kentucky against the best WR's in the East and no CB's. Auburn is much better upfront than we are.

lamont
08-24-2016, 10:16 PM
and Kentucky has the week off to get ready for us

preachermatt83
08-24-2016, 10:20 PM
If we lose to Kentucky and Arky we are a 4 win team at best

lamont
08-24-2016, 10:27 PM
If we lose to Kentucky and Arky we are a 4 win team at best

Both are bowl teams in 2016. And some of us have been saying it may be tough toget to 6 wins this year- but nobody will listen

In your other thread you said you were told "we will get torched early"- well think about who we play early- USA, SC, Auburn, UMass, LSU....if we get torched early- we will get absolutely hammered late in the year. UPig brings back all their WR's, Bama and OM are very good at WR.

Gonna be a long year

BossDawg
08-24-2016, 10:34 PM
It's pretty much like that every year. I don't understand it. It's like, "The entire SEC will either be good or great, except for MSU. They will be terrible and most certainly last place in the West. Seriously, they'll be last in the West this year. I promise this time."

lamont
08-24-2016, 10:51 PM
It's pretty much like that every year. I don't understand it. It's like, "The entire SEC will either be good or great, except for MSU. They will be terrible and most certainly last place in the West. Seriously, they'll be last in the West this year. I promise this time."

We've only been predicted last a couple of times.

2013 we were an OT at UPig and against Mississippi from missing a bowl game
In 2014- we were predicted by most to be 4th or so as well as labeled a surprise team.
2015 had us predicted last and we finished 6th
2016 has us predicted last...we'll see

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 07:49 AM
There is no explainable reason why Arkansas would be better this year than last. None. You don't get better by subtraction. Not with our corners and not with their QB, OL, and RB. Their D Was terrible and they did nothing to change that. Bielema has done nothing in the SEC but everyone think he can and will. It just may not happen at all.

Other than corner we will have a great defense with lots of depth. Mullen has always produced offense no matter what he had to work with. You can't give Bielema the benefit of the doubt of what he hasn't prove and not give Mullen the BOTD of what he has proven 7 years in row.

I'm so ready for this season to start so that we can stop speculating.

TrapGame
08-25-2016, 08:22 AM
You don't lose the players Arky did and beat Bama. No way.

klong-dog
08-25-2016, 08:46 AM
I don't get it the praise for Arkansas either. Even Auburn from some publications. We're beating both in Davis Wade.

DanDority
08-25-2016, 08:51 AM
I'm sorry for posting this but I feel like we have some on this board that can't or won't understand that we DO NOT HAVE "Dak Prescott" playing this coming year. He was MUCH more than a QB, he was THE HEART and SOUL of our team. Mullen lost the Gator Bowl when Dak was a RF because he wanted to play Russell, and he was told by a coach who left to be with FSU that Dak was the better QB. I feel like many of our fans need a wake up call and it will be here very soon.

GreenheadDawg
08-25-2016, 08:54 AM
Both are bowl teams in 2016. And some of us have been saying it may be tough toget to 6 wins this year- but nobody will listen

In your other thread you said you were told "we will get torched early"- well think about who we play early- USA, SC, Auburn, UMass, LSU....if we get torched early- we will get absolutely hammered late in the year. UPig brings back all their WR's, Bama and OM are very good at WR.

Gonna be a long year

Normally I agree with you on most things but it seems like you are trying very hard to push how bad we suck this year. It seems a little forced

ETA: but I do agree that we are a 6-6,7-5 team and any team has a chance to beat us

lamont
08-25-2016, 09:11 AM
There is no explainable reason why Arkansas would be better this year than last. None. You don't get better by subtraction. Not with our corners and not with their QB, OL, and RB. Their D Was terrible and they did nothing to change that. Bielema has done nothing in the SEC but everyone think he can and will. It just may not happen at all.

Other than corner we will have a great defense with lots of depth. Mullen has always produced offense no matter what he had to work with. You can't give Bielema the benefit of the doubt of what he hasn't prove and not give Mullen the BOTD of what he has proven 7 years in row.

I'm so ready for this season to start so that we can stop speculating.

Their Defense returns almost everybody from last year. That pretty much guarantees that group will be better.
They return all their WR's- plus one of their top guys that missed 2015. They will be better there

Do they have question marks at QB, RB, and OL? Sure they do. But I trust Bert's OL recruiting much more than ours. They also signed a very good RB that people expect to make an impact. It doesn't take 2 years at UPig to learn how to play RB.

Their QB has been in their system- just like ours. If you expect our QB to make plays- why can't their's be expected to do the same?

lamont
08-25-2016, 09:12 AM
Normally I agree with you on most things but it seems like you are trying very hard to push how bad we suck this year. It seems a little forced

ETA: but I do agree that we are a 6-6,7-5 team and any team has a chance to beat us

Because for the first time in Mullen's tenure- I do expect us to finish last

Pipedream
08-25-2016, 09:44 AM
Their Defense returns almost everybody from last year. That pretty much guarantees that group will be better.
They return all their WR's- plus one of their top guys that missed 2015. They will be better there

Do they have question marks at QB, RB, and OL? Sure they do. But I trust Bert's OL recruiting much more than ours. They also signed a very good RB that people expect to make an impact. It doesn't take 2 years at UPig to learn how to play RB.

Their QB has been in their system- just like ours. If you expect our QB to make plays- why can't their's be expected to do the same?

That's all fine and well, but they are the only team that recruits worse than we do inside the division. We have better athletes than sideline to sideline than them. And we're at home. Definitely not a lock, but if you're a pundit and you like Arkansas, it's hard to see how you don't like State. As far as this talk about SCarolina and UK being potential losses, I'm not buying that at all. Neither should any of you. Advanced stats say that there's less than 20% chance Carolina can beat us and less than 25% that UK can. That's the most objective outlook you can get.

drunkernhelldawg
08-25-2016, 09:49 AM
Because for the first time in Mullen's tenure- I do expect us to finish last

Afraid you might be right but hope not. I do think Fitzgerald will be excellent for us. Other teams can have unexpected challenges, too. But one thing is true: 5-7 is on the table. I also think we could be as high as 9-3. Really no way to tell how good a team is until they play a meaningful game.

NCDawg
08-25-2016, 10:00 AM

You can't ignore the OL and expect to be a contender. Poor recruiting and coaching on the OL has been our downfall, and will probably continue to be our downfall as long as Mullen is coach.

Reason2succeed
08-25-2016, 10:06 AM

Their defense gave up 50 points, FIFTY, three times last year. Bielema managed to lose to Toledo AT HOME! Their QB is the younger brother to their last QB but he obviously wasn't better and QB play doesn't transfer through osmosis.

They are not recruiting any better than us and Mullen has proven that he evaluates very well and finds hidden gems that are not ranked high.

Your pessimism is annoying but I want you to hang around so that you can eat all the crow later this season.

lamont
08-25-2016, 10:09 AM
That's all fine and well, but they are the only team that recruits worse than we do inside the division. We have better athletes than sideline to sideline than them. And we're at home. Definitely not a lock, but if you're a pundit and you like Arkansas, it's hard to see how you don't like State. As far as this talk about SCarolina and UK being potential losses, I'm not buying that at all. Neither should any of you. Advanced stats say that there's less than 20% chance Carolina can beat us and less than 25% that UK can. That's the most objective outlook you can get.

According to composite rankings- we haven't recruited any better than UPig
Kentucky on the road will be tough for us
SC will have to turn the ball over a few times to actually lose to SC- but it won't be an easy game

WPS
08-25-2016, 10:15 AM
Their D Was terrible and they did nothing to change that.

I wouldn't say that. Hired a new secondary coached that was highly praised and added a 5 star and two 4 stars to the DL. Our second leading tackler last year was a true freshman FWIW. The secondary could still suck but it's pretty much impossible to be worse than they were last year lol

That's all fine and well, but they are the only team that recruits worse than we do inside the division

We've both averaged around 25th in recruiting the last 5 years.

This may not mean much but we are tied with Alabama for most players in the SEC on the senior bowl watch list so there is plenty of experience in certain areas

Pipedream
08-25-2016, 10:40 AM
According to composite rankings- we haven't recruited any better than UPig
Kentucky on the road will be tough for us
SC will have to turn the ball over a few times to actually lose to SC- but it won't be an easy game

Via 247 composite:

Our 5 yr/2 yr split is 25.4/22.5
Arky: 25.6/24

We've recruited better than them in both the longterm and short.

Bothrops
08-25-2016, 10:41 AM
We will beat Arkansas because it's at home, our defense will be much improved, and we'll be settled at qb by then. We are 7-5 this year so long as we beat SC in week 2.