PDA

View Full Version : Who has a better chance to be ranked in week two?

Dental Dawg
08-27-2013, 08:44 AM
MSU after beating #13 Oklahoma State or Ole Miss with a victory over Vandy.

Ole Miss and Vandy are just outside the top 25. For some reason the media has a hard on for this rebel-bear team.
MSU is sitting around #37. Would a top 15 victory be enough to move them into the top 25?

bocfarm
08-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Om, the media cant wait to be right ab them

Its a love affair like I've never seen

blacklistedbully
08-27-2013, 10:25 AM
We will just miss the Top 25 because a couple of media dip-shits will accidentally give our votes to OM. This will artificially move OM into the 25th spot ahead of us.

Coach34
08-27-2013, 10:32 AM
either team that wins will be in the top 25

aerodawg
08-27-2013, 11:17 AM
MSU after beating #13 Oklahoma State or Ole Miss with a victory over Vandy.

Ole Miss and Vandy are just outside the top 25. For some reason the media has a hard on for this rebel-bear team.
MSU is sitting around #37. Would a top 15 victory be enough to move them into the top 25?

Ole Miss. Seen it before with the media. If we win, then Oklahoma State is awful, it can't be because we are good.

Bullmutt
08-27-2013, 12:19 PM
either team that wins will be in the top 25

Agreed, C34- unless we both win. Then OM gets the media props.

Political Hack
08-27-2013, 12:22 PM
we might make the coches poll with a win, but I doubt we'd make the AP without some significant help from people falling out.

maroonmania
08-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Our win would definitely make a much bigger splash because I think the majority of people EXPECT OM to beat Vandy for some reason. Still however doubt we would be ranked ahead of OM if we were to both win though.

RougeDawg
08-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Depends on what actually plays out on the field. If OM barely slips past Vandy late, it may effect their chance to hold us off if we win and the defense puts on a show and stops OKSt. For one, I don't understand the love for either team. OM got everyone's "glorified scrimmage" effort last year (including us), played above their means, and got the surprise effect of Wallace in Freeze's offense. All three of these facts are being mistakenly overlooked by everyone. Secondly Vandy returns almost as many starters, ended year on a hell of a run, and has more depth.

OKSt finished 8-5 in a decent conference, and lost some people in key positions. They're picked to win the Big-12, Why again? I see TX winning and possibly going undefeated. OK finishing 2nd. I don't see where the love is coming for either team.

We return basically the entire team, minus 2 CB's (that we basically wasted), and got rid of Wilson (now having a DCor. that actually has a plan). We have NFL talent all over the field and some NFL talent in the non starters. I don't get the 14 pt spread. I see any reason why we can't win it.

hacker
08-27-2013, 03:20 PM
If we win, we have to be top 25.