PDA

View Full Version : CDM disussed injuries

Leroy Jenkins
08-24-2016, 07:33 PM
Ced out til Oct with broken arm, could apply for 6th year. Cleveland gone for year with ACL. Cleveland is true Sr so could redshirt. Dan says it's Durr and Graham at CB. Also said Peters could play CB, I don't see it, Peters looked uncomfortable in coverage last year. I know he's a great athlete, but seems like the wrong fit. I don't go to practice though.

Both QBs will play... some fold when the lights come on, some play better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKWaPIAkMHQ

Ifyouonlyknew
08-24-2016, 08:06 PM
May be easier for Peters to cover 1 guy than be asked to roam center field & make decisions on where to go in the backend.

HancockCountyDog
08-24-2016, 08:24 PM
May be easier for Peters to cover 1 guy than be asked to roam center field & make decisions on where to go in the backend.

We really might move him to corner?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-24-2016, 08:27 PM
We really might move him to corner?

He's been practicing there for a week. They liked what they've seen so far.

lamont
08-24-2016, 08:29 PM
CB is easier for some than safety. Now he doesnt have to read and make a quick decision between pass and run. At CB- you play pass first.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-24-2016, 08:31 PM
CB is easier for some than safety. Now he doesnt have to read and make a quick decision between pass and run. At CB- you play pass first.

Exactly. Jamal just need to see & react not try to process a lot of stuff. Telling him to run with this guy or stay in this area is good for him.

boot
08-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Mullen looks like he just snorted a line.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2016, 08:36 PM
I can see peters at corner. He defintely has the athleticism to do it. Kids big and strong too. Richard Sherman like.

Homedawg
08-24-2016, 08:39 PM
I can see peters at corner. He defintely has the athleticism to do it. Kids big and strong too. Richard Sherman like.

That's not going to end well.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2016, 08:42 PM
That's not going to end well.

Maybe but it's worth a shot. He may surprise, if not he goes back to safety.

Jarius
08-24-2016, 08:44 PM
Peter's is damn near a linebacker. Don't see him being a very good corner in this league.

Todd4State
08-24-2016, 08:45 PM

Peters is a freak athlete. I’ve always seen him as more of a strong safety because of his size and how physical he is. I think his size why some of the recruit guys thought he would be a linebacker but I’ve always felt like he was a safety.

As far as him playing cornerback- there is no doubt that if we were going to move someone from safety to corner it would be either him or Bryant. It might end up being a great move. He could be athletic enough to make up for some of Coman’s deficiencies.

I would have Bryant at free safety because he is athletic enough to cover a lot of ground and he can make plays.

lamont
08-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Peter's is damn near a linebacker. Don't see him being a very good corner in this league.

But because he is a good athlete- he is probably better than half of what we have left to play there

Todd4State
08-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Someone the other day said something about how we need to stop worrying about guys like Gray being too small. With Peters we may need to stop worrying if he is too big.

He’s one of the best athletes we have on the team. There is a place for him. Logically it would be safety or maybe linebacker. But I’m OK trying him out at cornerback if he can do it because I’d rather him be there than on the bench.

Heck, I trust Peters at corner more than I trust Cleveland.

Plus long term- if Peters works out at corner then we could get McLaurin some more playing time as he improves along with Landrews from Co-Lin. I just hope Bryant comes back for 2017 and doesn’t go to the NFL.

Natedogg33
08-24-2016, 08:52 PM
There's actually a chance this could make sense. Especially in a cover two look. Peters is a heck of an athlete, and putting him on an area may be better for him than rule the whole field. Would certainly bring a little more physicality to the line on quick hitches and sweeps.

msstate7
08-24-2016, 08:53 PM
If peters does play at CB, would we need to let him jam at the line? Seems he'd need to play physical

Commercecomet24
08-24-2016, 08:55 PM
People aren't seeing him as a corner because of his size. Forget his size the guy is a freak athlete. The Seahawks have done pretty well using big corners. Peters is defintely athletic enough to play it and he will be heck in run support on the edge. And like I said we really can't lose. If he can't play it he goes back to safety.

Shortbusjeff
08-24-2016, 08:58 PM
Umm, I hope some of ya'll that are questioning the move of Peters to CB realize that an NFL veteran of 14 years is responsible for that right?

msstate7
08-24-2016, 09:02 PM
Umm, I hope some of ya'll that are questioning the move of Peters to CB realize that an NFL veteran of 14 years is responsible for that right?
Maybe it's bc we just announced 2 cb's are hurt. I would feel better about it if we moved peters earlier. Hoping this isn't desperation

Tripp McNeely
08-24-2016, 09:02 PM
Richard Sherman clone

Homedawg
08-24-2016, 09:04 PM

Or that we have a major need at corner. Peters is too stiff to play corner.

Reason2succeed
08-24-2016, 09:05 PM
I've never played a down of organized football in my life but it would seem that corner is a matter of athleticism and instincts. Can you run, react, and physically keep up with receivers? You either can do it or you can't. I think we have the guys. They just need experience.

Reason2succeed
08-24-2016, 09:07 PM
Mullen looks like he just snorted a line.

Mullen came out looking like https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/avatars/3AC8F7F25A1108320280482316288_213acfcace2.1.2.jpg? versionId=ttn5ehxDYmSA6fiSMYu1ktQ9HjiPW_9B

Jack Lambert
08-24-2016, 09:08 PM
Back in the day a broken arm wasn't shit But thats when men were men and sheep out side of Oxford were nervous. They are still nervous in Oxford.

confucius say
08-24-2016, 09:10 PM
Richard Sherman clone

Isn't Sherman like 6'3" 200 pounds? The chart I saw pre camp had peters at 218. That's a massive corner. But whatever. My bigger concern is his hips and change of direction.

Shortbusjeff
08-24-2016, 09:12 PM
Has a better chance of getting more snaps now, where he may not have been used in a nickle maybe now he could be.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2016, 09:12 PM
Isn't Sherman like 6'3" 200 pounds? The chart I saw pre camp had peters at 218. That's a massive corner. But whatever. My bigger concern is his hips and change of direction.

Sherman 205

Commercecomet24
08-24-2016, 09:13 PM

Brandon Browner his running mate at Seattle for several years was even bigger at 6'4" 230.

confucius say
08-24-2016, 09:15 PM
Brandon Browner his running mate at Seattle for several years was even bigger at 6'4" 230.

That dude was great and then got to the saints and sucked. Broke a record for pass interference I think

Commercecomet24
08-24-2016, 09:17 PM
That dude was great and then got to the saints and sucked. Broke a record for pass interference I think

I know it's like he just forgot how to play. Won super bowl with the pats got the big money from saints and then just tanked.

lamont
08-24-2016, 09:17 PM
The fact that Peters has been moved there should scare the hell out of everybody. Acting like we "got better and more athletic" when we lost Cleveland and Jiles was stupid. We are 14th in the SEC at CB. 14th. And it really isnt close now

Shortbusjeff
08-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Or that we have a major need at corner. Peters is too stiff to play corner.

Regardless of the timing and need due to injuries, I feel confident they took the best one they had that could perform. I wouldn't think it came down to Peters vs some random OL. I'm hoping that a man that played in the NFL would know what he sees in practice.

Jarius
08-24-2016, 09:21 PM

He's responsible for moving a 230 pound safety to cornerback after our 2 starters went down which says a lot about what he thinks of the rest of our cornerbacks and that's not good

mic
08-24-2016, 09:23 PM
JP did basically everything at Bassfield..
If Tuck and Sirmon like the move I'm all In..
It's not like he is moving from safety to WR... He is still on def side of the ball .

Todd4State
08-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Regardless of the timing and need due to injuries, I feel confident they took the best one they had that could perform. I wouldn't think it came down to Peters vs some random OL. I'm hoping that a man that played in the NFL would know what he sees in practice.

Well, Buckley has to work with what he has got too.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
08-24-2016, 09:28 PM
I didn't recognized Mullen at first....Running has really taken the weight off of him.

Shortbusjeff
08-24-2016, 09:36 PM
A safety had to be used to learn the position, if peters is not a starter at either of the safety positions it makes sense to select the best of the rest. Why take practice snaps from either starting safety to learn the CB position? I'd rather have 1 displaced player than 2. I'm not arguing what that says about our perceived lack of talent at CB all I'm saying is that he may be the best one to move.
I'll wait to see how our CB are in a new scheme before I pass judgement. A heavy pass rush may be all it takes.

Homedawg
08-24-2016, 09:37 PM
The fact that Peters has been moved there should scare the hell out of everybody. Acting like we "got better and more athletic" when we lost Cleveland and Jiles was stupid. We are 14th in the SEC at CB. 14th. And it really isnt close now

This

Homedawg
08-24-2016, 09:39 PM

I'm not saying tbuck doesn't know what he's doing what I'm saying is, if he plays there we are in deep shit but I'm sure it's our best option.

Homedawg
08-24-2016, 09:40 PM
JP did basically everything at Bassfield..
If Tuck and Sirmon like the move I'm all In..
It's not like he is moving from safety to WR... He is still on def side of the ball .

We tried that too.... Just sayin

Reason2succeed
08-24-2016, 09:41 PM
They are simply trying to find a way to get his athleticism on the field. He could be a head hunter at nickel or jam them up on the line on outside.

DeviousDawg
08-24-2016, 09:41 PM
1. Peters is a freak athlete. He has the size, strength and speed to play the Viper roll one play and move out to corner the next. You can't expect a guy to move positions 2 weeks before the season starts and contribute immediately.

2. Coming out of High School, I thought Gabe Myles was going to be a stud CB. Looking at the roster now, it obviously would've been best to start him there. He has the size, speed, flexibility, hands and head to be a NFL corner. We needed him more as a WR at the time the coaches chose his position, so it's hard to complain now.

Really Clark?
08-24-2016, 09:46 PM
I will say for all the ones that hate the bend don't break and keeping the passes in front of you coverages in prior seasons, you better find a way to embrace and love it this year. We will have to find ways to pressure the QB and disguise our blitzes better to help the secondary out. I know they talked about being multiple this year with our base formations, they probably need to embrace that philosphy. Maybe by mid season a couple of young guys will have stepped up.

Homedawg
08-24-2016, 09:51 PM
1. Peters is a freak athlete. He has the size, strength and speed to play the Viper roll one play and move out to corner the next. You can't expect a guy to move positions 2 weeks before the season starts and contribute immediately.

2. Coming out of High School, I thought Gabe Myles was going to be a stud CB. Looking at the roster now, it obviously would've been best to start him there. He has the size, speed, flexibility, hands and head to be a NFL corner. We needed him more as a WR at the time the coaches chose his position, so it's hard to complain now.

We did start Myles at corner. Then moved him to wr.

Homedawg
08-24-2016, 09:53 PM
I will say for all the ones that hate the bend don't break and keeping the passes in front of you coverages in prior seasons, you better find a way to embrace and love it this year. We will have to find ways to pressure the QB and disguise our blitzes better to help the secondary out. I know they talked about being multiple this year with our base formations, they probably need to embrace that philosphy. Maybe by mid season a couple of young guys will have stepped up.

It sounds so easy. Problem is only way to put more pressure is blitz more. And our corners aren't good enough to be stuck on an island. Recipe for disaster.

msstate7
08-24-2016, 09:55 PM
If peters moves to CB, get ready for everyone's favorite play... The CB blitz

Really Clark?
08-24-2016, 10:48 PM
It sounds so easy. Problem is only way to put more pressure is blitz more. And our corners aren't good enough to be stuck on an island. Recipe for disaster.

Yeah. Didn't say it would be easy. At all. But you will have to mix coverages with even more zone and bend mentality. Try to confuse the looks the QB gets. Then bring pressure at the right time. Show blitz and drop 9 into coverage. Play the 3-3-5 like we did some last year. Hopefully guess right more times than not. What would give the CB the biggest break is if we can get consistant pressure with bringing just 4 more times than not. But try to be exotic and versatile about who you bring to keep them confused, if we can.

lamont
08-24-2016, 10:59 PM
Yeah. Didn't say it would be easy. At all. But you will have to mix coverages with even more zone and bend mentality. Try to confuse the looks the QB gets. Then bring pressure at the right time. Show blitz and drop 9 into coverage. Play the 3-3-5 like we did some last year. .

We're not going to open the defensive playbook wider with green CB's. We are going to condense it and make it simpler for them.

Percho
08-24-2016, 11:09 PM
All I can say is the knowledge on these forums is mind boggling.

confucius say
08-25-2016, 12:21 AM

Or tell you dl and viper to forget gap integrity and just get up field. Doubtful.

Which leads to another point, Some 3-4 defenses are not gap controlled defenses, like the early 2000s Ravens. They just have the down three eat up ol and allow lb to scrape and go to the ball. Will be interesting to see our philosophy here.

bulldawg28
08-25-2016, 06:48 AM

Your posts are bipolar. You just stated he could do it now it's a scary move. Your agenda sucks