PDA

View Full Version : Rumor alert!!!

Bodaski
08-24-2016, 04:45 PM
Has anyone heard anything to the affect that the NCAA has granted immunity to certain people if they came clean concerning the investigation in the OM case. I heard it was players from several different schools. Passing it on as a rumor and wondered if this was out there yet?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Has anyone heard anything to the affect that the NCAA has granted immunity to certain people if they came clean concerning the investigation in the OM case. I heard it was players from several different schools. Passing it on as a rumor and wondered if this was out there yet?

I hope so. This may be who the interviews that have been taking place are with.

msstate7
08-24-2016, 04:54 PM
While this could be devastating to om and I like that part, I'm not sure I like this precedent. I don't want it to get where a kid can stick it to his rival with immunity. If the NCAA does do this, I hope they make the kid have some real proof.

Really Clark?
08-24-2016, 04:56 PM
While this could be devastating to om and I like that part, I'm not sure I like this precedent. I don't want it to get where a kid can stick it to his rival with immunity. If the NCAA does do this, I hope they make the kid have some real proof.

Well this precedent has already been set years ago. Not only giving immunity to players but rival coaches as well.

missouridawg
08-24-2016, 04:57 PM
I heard this two weeks ago.

DeviousDawg

Remember when Steve said about 2 weeks ago "There are people who were once not willing to cooperate that are talking now"?

Ole Miss fans will say, "The NCAA can't grant immunity to people, that's like cheating!!!!"

1. The reason they are granting immunity is because YOU cheated, not the other way around.

2. The NCAA can do whatever they want to catch someone cheating under their noses, not the other way around.

3. No, no one is "out to get you". The NCAA is doing whatever it takes to catch you, because they can, and also because YOU are not willing to cooperate.

4. Enjoy this season, because it is Freeze's last and also the last year that Ole Miss will be relevant for a while. Just wait, when you lose to FSU and Bama, everyone will start turning on each other. The season will implode and a mass exodus will be seen at Ole Miss from both fans and players when they realize that IT'S OVER.

I think that should cover all of the OM spin we will hear on this.

BrunswickDawg
I'm thinking its more of a situation where the NCAA knows what was offered and by whom, and they are getting verification from the former recruits with the promise that their eligibility won't be impacted.

msstate7
08-24-2016, 04:59 PM
Well this precedent has already been set years ago. Not only giving immunity to players but rival coaches as well.

Didn't realize that... I'm at least glad they don't make this common practice.

DeviousDawg
08-24-2016, 05:01 PM

No one ever said it was just kids.

I'm fine with it. It's like this... If I 17 up on my watch, shame on me. But if I 17 up on your watch, and then you try to hold it against me so that I will keep my mouth shut for your benefit, well then shame on YOU.

The birds, they are a chirpin'

msstatelp1
08-24-2016, 05:02 PM
I'm thinking its more of a situation where the NCAA knows what was offered and by whom, and they are getting verification from the former recruits with the promise that their eligibility won't be impacted.

Yeah, it'd be pretty easy to spill the beans if the NCAA came knocking and said "We know what they gave you, now, either confess and we'll give you immunity or don't confess and we'll hammer you along with them."

PassInterference
08-24-2016, 05:08 PM
I had heard that too.

I'm going to stop saying "ITS COMING". Its no longer coming.

ITS OVER.

DeviousDawg
08-24-2016, 05:16 PM
Let's go back to my favorite allegation in the NOA, #8, the one regarding Walter Hughes, Matt Luke, Maurice Harris, Chris Kiffin, Hugh Freeze and the Inn at Ole Miss. Specifically, let's look at sub allegation (h). After 2 paragraphs of explaining how OM 17ed up, the third paragraph goes as follows:

"Further, on January 4, Harris arranged an off-campus recruiting contact in (REDACTED) between (REDACTED) then graduate assistant football coach, and (REDACTED) and (REDACTED). The off-campus contact by (REDACTED) occurred at the team hotel."

I wonder if this former graduate assistant football coach, who was obviously roped into OM's shenanigans, realizes his future is ahead of him and talking to the NCAA and receiving immunity is the best course of action for his future?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe he has a position coach job(D-line maybe) at the University of North Carolina now. I'm sure he would hate to lose his job and future just to protect his former employer, who roped him into the wrongdoing in the first place.

Just one example of how it may not be just kids receiving immunity.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2016, 05:24 PM
Yeah, it'd be pretty easy to spill the beans if the NCAA came knocking and said "We know what they gave you, now, either confess and we'll give you immunity or don't confess and we'll hammer you along with them."

This all day long!!!

notsofarawaydawg
08-24-2016, 05:27 PM
You know, those bastards didn't worry about who, what, when and where when they were handing out dollars to buy players. I could care less what precedent gets set. The NCAA is supposed to dig and can make any deal they want when it comes to catching someone cheating their ass off. Freeze won't survive this no matter what kind of servant of God he claims to be. He's going to take down many people with him because he's that convinced that God will help a cheater like himself. Like I've said before, it's in full CULT status up there and it's going to end bad for the whole group.

DawgPoundtheRock
08-24-2016, 05:55 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not sure how all this works. The NOA seems to outline the allegations against a school. When the COI meets to mete out punishment, do the investigators "testify" and fill in all the gory details or does the COI work strictly from the NOA. May be a moot point. Just curious if anyone knows how this works.

Turfdawg67
08-24-2016, 06:44 PM
Guys, guys, guys... yes, mistakes were made, but this is a good thing! 9 over 3. (Oh and Rosie's a liar)***

archdog
08-24-2016, 06:58 PM
No reason why Freeze can consider himself a model Christian and cheat all day and night at his job to get better players. Organizing and condoning prostitutes, drugs, and alcohol for recruits and then showing up to his congregation the very next day being a model Christian. No reason anyone shouldn't support that type of character demonstration. Why shouldn't he be a role model for all of his Christian sheep? I don't see the issue.

Jack Lambert
08-24-2016, 07:23 PM

This might top cheating all together. No one will be willing to offer money if the kid can turn on them.

Political Hack
08-24-2016, 07:35 PM
That rumor hit the board weeks, if not months, ago.

DeviousDawg
08-24-2016, 07:41 PM
This might top cheating all together. No one will be willing to offer money if the kid can turn on them.

Narcs don't stop drug dealers from slingin'

It comes down to a question you must ask yourself, "is the risk worth the reward?"

A drug dealer accepts the risk of getting narced on by someone that could even be your friend because the reward of cash money is worth it to them. They are well aware that cops can pull a kid over, find a gram of weed, threaten jail time, scare the hell out of them and cause them to narc on their drug dealer.

The same applies to Ole Miss. They accepted the risk that they could get ratted on by someone that could even be one of their former players/recruits/coaches. They accept the risk because they think the reward of pulling 4 and 5 stars out of their ass is worth it. They are well aware that the NCAA can follow a lead on a player, former player, former recruit that signed elsewhere, or former coach, find a little wrongdoing, threaten ineligibility or show cause, scare the hell out of them and cause them to rat on Ole Miss.

msstate7
08-24-2016, 07:45 PM
If the NCAA truly is offering immunity, they aren't planning on taking it easy on om.

lamont
08-24-2016, 08:40 PM
If the NCAA truly is offering immunity, they aren't planning on taking it easy on om.

Nobody expects them to take it easy on them- except Ole Miss fans

Really Clark?
08-24-2016, 09:21 PM
Nobody expects them to take it easy on them- except Ole Miss fans

When was the last time you had, according to rumors anyway, this much immunity getting thrown around. Maybe even to coaches besides just players? The Albert Means case comes to mind having a lot of testimony given by rival coaches and players on condition of the NCAA not only giving them immunity but according to many looking the other way with their own violations. Including some that were significant. *Cough* Tee Martin *Cough*. Maybe Tusk can chime in and remind us what all that testimony and dealing by the NCAA got Bama.

gravedigger
08-24-2016, 09:35 PM
Narcs don't stop drug dealers from slingin'

It comes down to a question you must ask yourself, "is the risk worth the reward?"

A drug dealer accepts the risk of getting narced on by someone that could even be your friend because the reward of cash money is worth it to them. They are well aware that cops can pull a kid over, find a gram of weed, threaten jail time, scare the hell out of them and cause them to narc on their drug dealer.

The same applies to Ole Miss. They accepted the risk that they could get ratted on by someone that could even be one of their former players/recruits/coaches. They accept the risk because they think the reward of pulling 4 and 5 stars out of their ass is worth it. They are well aware that the NCAA can follow a lead on a player, former player, former recruit that signed elsewhere, or former coach, find a little wrongdoing, threaten ineligibility or show cause, scare the hell out of them and cause them to rat on Ole Miss.

Ole miss did this for two reasons:

1. We took from them in 2009 something far mor important than a trophy or national respect. We stole their arrogance and for the first time they were the beaten stepchild.

2. They took for granted that when the ncaa took the black eye in the miami fiasco and in their response to the penn state scandal, that meant open season. They never imagined they would be the sacrificial lamb in the ncaa's return.

So now, this is surreal. They have been hit by the train.

And rosebowl is gonna reap the profits from a bestseller over it.

Talk about salt in the wound.....

Im thinking the ncaa may hammer them so hard it may resonate for a decade.

BossDawg
08-24-2016, 10:38 PM
I've heard it many times. This has been floating around for a while now.

RougeDawg
08-24-2016, 11:01 PM

Yes you are correct. Players from the last 3 classes have recently been REINTERVIEWED and given amnesty. Subsequently numerous players from over a half dozen southern programs have provided text messages, emails, and other even more incriminating evidence that ultimately proves the guilt of the bearsharts, all the way to the messiah.

In summary, these players have solidified the once "claimed" infractions with hard physical evidence. Non refutable evidence. In other words the evidence proves the improprieties OM was providing, but ultimately shows how much they lied and misled the initial two investigations. The hammer got much larger about a month ago.

Bucky might be better off to stage his own actual funeral with what the NCAA now has phiscial evidence on.** if o can sum up his tenure at OM in two words they are this, HE GONE!!!

Really Clark?
08-25-2016, 09:05 AM
I would this latest Forde article puts to bed that this is just a rumor. Of course when it was first brought up here and through other sites, Steve, etc., we were told for the 437 time that it was just an ED conspiracy nothing to these rumors. UNM narcissistic douches wrong yet again. And they don't care for the most part. It's about trying to spin and control the message to delay and warp the perception for their fans, players and recruits.

drunkernhelldawg
08-25-2016, 09:13 AM
Article posted on CL at 8:27 a.m. says NCAA expanding OM investigation and has interviewed players that were recruited by OM.

the59dawg
08-25-2016, 10:47 AM
Article posted on CL at 8:27 a.m. says NCAA expanding OM investigation and has interviewed players that were recruited by OM.

They just copied from Pat Forde's article. No new info at all.

Bully13
08-25-2016, 11:13 AM
They just copied from Pat Forde's article. No new info at all.

Yep. They were forced into this due to fordes piece. Had to reluctantly. I'm sure Bjork is disappointed that the story he can't wait to tell is being delayed. Seeing nafoomers implode and admit it's coming is funny as shit.