PDA

View Full Version : Is SECN TRying to Get Bielema Fired?

Reason2succeed
08-22-2016, 10:12 PM
Greg McElroy, Clint Storrner, and Dari Nowkhah just picked Arkansas to go 9-3!!! They even predicted that they beat Alabama. WTH!!! What do they have going on that I'm missing? They're going to have a bunch of disgruntled fans when they slide in at 6-6 again.

Bdawg
08-22-2016, 10:18 PM
My God! I got them last in the west. Who do they think is replacing the talent they lost?

Jarius
08-22-2016, 10:22 PM
6-6 will be a good year for them. They are going to be awful in conference. They have a brutal schedule and they recruit the same as we do with a coach that isn't as good as ours. I don't understand why they get the benefit of the doubt with the media and Mullen gets completely overlooked. Why in the world would Arkansas be ranked ahead of state? They return a bunch of starters off of a horrible defense and lose a ton on offense. It makes zero sense.

Reason2succeed
08-22-2016, 10:26 PM
Their only three loses were aTm, Florida, and LSU. They have them beating Bama, us, Ole Miss, and TCU. I'm predicting they go 5-7 and maybe 6-6 if they get lucky.

Commercecomet24
08-22-2016, 11:16 PM
Well they got a bunch of players returning off an absolutely awful defense lol. Lost a bunch on offense. Seriously they're a 6-6 team.

Commercecomet24
08-22-2016, 11:18 PM
6-6 will be a good year for them. They are going to be awful in conference. They have a brutal schedule and they recruit the same as we do with a coach that isn't as good as ours. I don't understand why they get the benefit of the doubt with the media and Mullen gets completely overlooked. Why in the world would Arkansas be ranked ahead of state? They return a bunch of starters off of a horrible defense and lose a ton on offense. It makes zero sense.

You nailed it completely. Maybe they just trying to get in good with bielima wife.

Bothrops
08-22-2016, 11:37 PM
They will be tough, and Bert is slowly building the foundation. But I don't have a clue as to why all these water heads are thinking they go from decent to 9-3, after losing their big producers on offense. What exactly is it that am I missing?

TNDawg35
08-23-2016, 05:45 AM
Mark it, they will make it 3 in a row over NM....

Reason2succeed
08-23-2016, 06:16 AM
Mark it, they will make it 3 in a row over NM....

How? Please explain the logic. As much as I hate OM and want to see them lose. I don't see on paper how OM loses this game without tanking the entire season.

Maroonthirteen
08-23-2016, 07:15 AM
It doesn't matter what secn predicts. Those nut jobs will want him fired regardless.

lamont
08-23-2016, 07:35 AM
UPIg has as good of a chance to win 9 as we do

Reason2succeed
08-23-2016, 07:39 AM

Please explain how they are predicted to beat Bama, OM, and TCU.

ILOATHEBears
08-23-2016, 07:47 AM

I think RP34 was being sarcastic. Thinking both teams will not likely sniff 9 wins

Wet Dawg
08-23-2016, 07:52 AM
I cant speak for SECN but Arkansas is a good team with a good coach. I think they beat TCU and lose to OM and Bama. Arkansas should win 8 games this year. Auburn should be picked dead last in the SEC. I will be surprised if they win an SEC game.

TNDawg35
08-23-2016, 08:06 AM
How? Please explain the logic. As much as I hate OM and want to see them lose. I don't see on paper how OM loses this game without tanking the entire season.

There is just something about the Pigs that give NM a fit... Its just one of those games where I feel NM will shit the bed and UPig will take care of business... Paper gets thrown out the window when the boys step onto the field...

GreenheadDawg
08-23-2016, 08:18 AM

This ^. I think both teams are 6-6, 7-5 teams. 8 wins and it has been a great year. 9 wins would be a miracle

BB30
08-23-2016, 08:28 AM
I think they win 7-8 this year. It will be tough to replace the guys they lost on offense. Their style of play will keep them in a lot of games and if you can stay in those games long enough you give yourself a chance to win. But, it is absurd to think they win 9 and beat bama. As to why they get the benefit of the doubt and we do not it is all perception, for some reason nobody in the media really likes us. I also think a lot of people are seeing how well Dak is doing and are assuming that he was the only reason we have been relevant the last two seasons. And, honestly if our O line ( which from what we are hearing they have improved) hasn't improved we will be hard pressed to win 7-8 games this year. If our line is as bad as they were last year we are going to be in for an extremely long season.

HSVDawg
08-23-2016, 08:36 AM

Yeah, but no one is predicting us to win 9 (or even 8), whereas probably the most visible talking heads in our conference are predicting them to do it. I think that is kind of the point of the thread.

WPS
08-23-2016, 08:42 AM
My God! I got them last in the west. Who do they think is replacing the talent they lost?

I mean there is some talent coming back, Brandon Allen is being replaced with a former Elite 11 QB and Alex Collins is replaced with the #3 ranked high school RB in the country last year, but I think 7-5 is more likely than 9-3.

The good news is Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss and Florida are all at home and the road games aren't as difficult. TCU lost just as much if not more than Arkansas did so that will be an interesting one to watch early on as the Hogs have struggled against the spread offense under Bielema.

thf24
08-23-2016, 08:43 AM
There is just something about the Pigs that give NM a fit... Its just one of those games where I feel NM will shit the bed and UPig will take care of business... Paper gets thrown out the window when the boys step onto the field...

UNM favors smaller, quicker DL and runs a lot of slants, which works well against the zone-blocking spread offenses that are most common these days, but that approach gets blown up by a downhill power running scheme like Arky's. That's the tangible reason, anyway; seems like they just have UNM's number in general.

lamont
08-23-2016, 08:44 AM
UPig returns 20/22 on their defensive 2 deep. They were young last year and will be improved on D. Offensively, the thought is that Bert has recruited pretty well on the OL and that Little Brother will be a decent QB. They will play physical and not ask him to sling it all night- even though they return all their top WR's.

I don't think they can win 9- but they could be a solid football team

Johnson85
08-23-2016, 08:46 AM

I think they're just following the trend. He was won 3, 6, and 7 regular season wins in his first three seasons. That certainly looks like somebody on the upswing before you get into the specifics of who they are losing and what their replacements look like. They were also a lot better team at the end of last year than at the beginning, so that's another thing that looks promising, as that usually happens because younger players figure things out over the course of the season and presumably will be back the next year.

Most members of the media just don't go particularly in depth with how they think. They see Beliema has made improvements over the last two seasons and think it will continue for another season. Mullen, on the other hand, already has a long enough track record that he has had some peaks and valleys. He went 5, 8, 6, 8, 6, 10, 8. Much harder to just stupidly pick a trend line and assume that's what's coming next. Although if you were going to pick a trend, you would assume this year will be up, as he's never won less than 8 regular season games in an even numbered year.

I do think Beliema is a good coach, but it's a huge step in the SECW to go from a 7 win season to a 9 win season. 4-0 OOC and usually one or two weak teams in the West and hopefully one weak opponent in the East and you can get to seven wins with a top 25-30 team. But to get to 9 wins, you pretty much have to be a top 15 team or you have to get extremely lucky with scheduling. I think it's much more likely the Beliema's trajectory follows Mullen's, and that he has to spend a few years in the 6-8 regular season win range before breaking through.

DownwardDawg
08-23-2016, 08:57 AM

It's called being physical. Ole miss hates playing a physical team. You beat them by playing physical smash mouth offense. They don't like defending against a strong run team.

Arkansas is a 6-7 win team.

BrunswickDawg
08-23-2016, 09:00 AM
I think they win 7-8 this year. It will be tough to replace the guys they lost on offense. Their style of play will keep them in a lot of games and if you can stay in those games long enough you give yourself a chance to win. But, it is absurd to think they win 9 and beat bama. As to why they get the benefit of the doubt and we do not it is all perception, for some reason nobody in the media really likes us. I also think a lot of people are seeing how well Dak is doing and are assuming that he was the only reason we have been relevant the last two seasons. And, honestly if our O line ( which from what we are hearing they have improved) hasn't improved we will be hard pressed to win 7-8 games this year. If our line is as bad as they were last year we are going to be in for an extremely long season.

That same media who picked us to finish last or next to last in the SEC West with Dak as a Senior?? Yeah, I'll follow what they predict.

lamont
08-23-2016, 09:06 AM
That same media who picked
us to finish last or next to last in the SEC West with Dak as a Senior?? Yeah, I'll follow what they predict.

We did finish next to last

BrunswickDawg
08-23-2016, 09:27 AM
We did finish next to last

That's true - I'll go back to sleep now....

But, most of those had us at 6-6 and 2-6 in the SEC, which was just ridiculous.

Jarius
08-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Arkansas is way More likely to go 5-7 than they are 9-3. 9-3 is about 2 games above their best case scenario (I'm including a win over state and auburn in their best case scenario). Arkansas, along with MSU is the least talented team in the west and they have to play the SEC east champion along with TCU. If we played that schedule we would be predicted to go 4-8.

TrapGame
08-23-2016, 11:09 AM
They replace almost the same players we have to replace but we're predicted to be 6-6 and they're 9-3 beating Bama.

No. Just no.