PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl is breaking something on his show today

Jarius
08-22-2016, 11:39 AM
and I've heard that it is news regarding a new book that someone is writing about him and the Ole Miss investigation and him being the one to break the news on this investigation. Pretty cool if true.

coastdoglover
08-22-2016, 12:24 PM
and I've heard that it is news regarding a new book that someone is writing about him and the Ole Miss investigation and him being the one to break the news on this investigation. Pretty cool if true.

Doubt it will be by the Blind Side author who specializes in fiction

BrunswickDawg
08-22-2016, 12:45 PM
Doubt it will be by the Blind Side author who specializes in fiction

The Blind Side author actually is non-fiction - now, the screen writer for Disney is another story. Other than their accurate depiction of Danny Hugh Freeze, that movie was complete fiction

Political Hack
08-22-2016, 12:57 PM
I thought he was writing a book? Now it's a book about him by someone else? I'm not sure what to believe, but it is pretty amazing how crazy this crap has gotten. He'd better hire a damn body guard because those crazy bastards will put together a lynch mob just for old times sake.

DawgHouseUnited
08-22-2016, 01:03 PM
I thought he was writing a book? Now it's a book about him by someone else? I'm not sure what to believe, but it is pretty amazing how crazy this crap has gotten. He'd better hire a damn body guard because those crazy bastards will put together a lynch mob just for old times sake.

#OldTimesThereAreNotForgotten

mcain31
08-22-2016, 01:45 PM
All he's gotta do is ask

Harrydawg
08-22-2016, 01:54 PM
One of you have got to start a new thread asking for names for Steve's new book!

Liverpooldawg
08-22-2016, 02:03 PM
I heard he was writing the book. Is that not correct?

MrKotter
08-22-2016, 02:07 PM
The Blind Side author actually is non-fiction - now, the screen writer for Disney is another story. Other than their accurate depiction of Danny Hugh Freeze, that movie was complete fiction
The Blind Side book is pure fiction as well.

Political Hack
08-22-2016, 02:08 PM
I heard he was writing the book. Is that not correct?

I think it is but the original post suggested it was a book about his role in the investigation written by someone else.

bdfan09
08-22-2016, 02:10 PM
I understood it as Steve was writing the book.

TheRef
08-22-2016, 02:15 PM

I've done security before, so I'm available to do security for him.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-22-2016, 02:25 PM
Steve can still "write" the book if it's actually written by a ghostwriter.

TUSK
08-22-2016, 02:30 PM
All he's gotta do is ask

Got your 6.

Yut!

LC Dawg
08-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Twitter should be interesting today

lastmajordog
08-22-2016, 02:51 PM

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Looks like Rosebowl is angling to be writer of ESPN's 30 for 30 on Ole Miss

msstate7
08-22-2016, 03:16 PM
If he gives details not mentioned in the NOA, will Steve open himself up to a lawsuit?

mcain31
08-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Got your 6.

Yut!
Thanks Tusk!

Todd4State
08-22-2016, 03:19 PM
If he gives details not mentioned in the NOA, will Steve open himself up to a lawsuit?

I don't think so.

StatesboroBlues
08-22-2016, 03:21 PM

I wouldn't think anyone will want to go that route, honestly...

32 Dive
08-22-2016, 03:31 PM
I suspect, that this is more along the lines of the drama behind the story, not the actual story. I don't see any "real" untold facts of the case getting brought to light. Maybe I'm wrong...

Bullsy
08-22-2016, 03:51 PM
I've never done security before but im a 17'ing badass!! Sign me up too

Todd4State
08-22-2016, 03:53 PM
I chaperoned a high school dance when I taught high school. Does that count as security?

Tripp McNeely
08-22-2016, 04:16 PM

got a feeling a lawyer has been consulted on that one, and the actual release of the book will come when said attorney feels it's okay to release

Political Hack
08-22-2016, 05:37 PM

No. If they file suit against him, they'd potentially expose themseleves to an open records search. The last thing they'll ever do is give that guy legal authority to search their phone records, emails, etc. . .

the59dawg
08-22-2016, 05:59 PM
got a feeling a lawyer has been consulted on that one, and the actual release of the book will come when said attorney feels it's okay to release

I feel sure he has plenty of legal support available to him. Our side does not have as many lawyers as their side, but we have more than just a few.

msbulldog
08-22-2016, 06:25 PM
If he only writes the truth and can back it up (which I'm sure he can), it is neither slander or libelous. As a previous poster stated, if anybody mentioned in the book wants to go to court, they are opening themselves up to discovery. We have some good lawyers out there with pre-law at MSU, that would be happy to take this case. I personally will buy at least 20 copies to send to my MSU friends and my Mississippi enemies!

Spiderman
08-22-2016, 06:29 PM

The Blindside Author was Micheal Lewis, who has written some great books, all non fiction. His book is very believable. If you have read it, he exposes many shady things.

The producers of the movie made it fiction, like most "True" stories.

Liar's Poker and Moneyball are great

Tripp McNeely
08-22-2016, 07:24 PM
The Blindside Author was Micheal Lewis, who has written some great books, all non fiction. His book is very believable. If you have read it, he exposes many shady things.

The producers of the movie made it fiction, like most "True" stories.

Liar's Poker and Moneyball are great

Michael Lewis is an AMAZING author...minus this monstrosity Tuhoy idea that he decided to run with, but not all of his books are non-fiction, the Big Short is "based on some true events", but the "story" and characters the book centers around are fiction

Treemydawg
08-22-2016, 07:39 PM
I've done security before, so I'm available to do security for him.

Cheese ???

Spiderman
08-22-2016, 07:49 PM
Michael Lewis is an AMAZING author...minus this monstrosity Tuhoy idea that he decided to run with, but not all of his books are non-fiction, the Big Short is "based on some true events", but the "story" and characters the book centers around are fiction

He exposes the Toughy's for what they are if you read the book. He's sympathetic, but he tells about the fight cover up where the little kid was hurt and the absolute joke of how he got eligible.

Plus the real story of how Oher got into that school. The machinations of one Danny Hugh Freeze. I'm no lawyer, but I think that would be used to show a pattern of cutting corners to help you win football games.

I've only read Blindside, Liar's Poker, and Moneyball.

They were all non fiction.

Apologies.

Tripp McNeely
08-22-2016, 08:05 PM
He exposes the Toughy's for what they are if you read the book. He's sympathetic, but he tells about the fight cover up where the little kid was hurt and the absolute joke of how he got eligible.

Plus the real story of how Oher got into that school. The machinations of one Danny Hugh Freeze. I'm no lawyer, but I think that would be used to show a pattern of cutting corners to help you win football games.

I've only read Blindside, Liar's Poker, and Moneyball.

They were all non fiction.

Apologies.

I've read most of them. Liars Poker and Moneyball are my favorites. The screen adaptation of Moneyball is MUCH different than the book. Sabermetrics is much more of a focus of the book than the movie, which I love because I'm a stats nerd, but Bill James chronologies would make for a good movie.

The Big Short is an awesome book. Never saw the movie though. Panic is decent, but REALLY technical, even for somebody in the industry that trades the occasional currency

confucius say
08-22-2016, 08:46 PM
I chaperoned a high school dance when I taught high school. Does that count as security?

Depends on the school

BorneDawg
08-22-2016, 08:54 PM
I've broken up a few fights at school!