PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cannot access ED with DishNet

Bob Sacamano
08-21-2016, 03:38 PM
Whenever I visit my in-laws, I can never access ED from my phone or any other device with their DishNet internet. Any particular reason?

RC3
08-21-2016, 03:43 PM
They could have the site somehow blocked for some reason I guess?

Bob Sacamano
08-21-2016, 03:46 PM
They being the in-laws or Dish? It's strange bc I can access the other site.

RC3
08-21-2016, 03:56 PM
The in laws

JohnnyQuid
08-21-2016, 07:54 PM
I have cable one and can't get on ED via my comp or using wifi. have to use cell phone data no clue why

RC3
08-21-2016, 08:07 PM
when i have this site open it does make my computers act glitchy it seems. i suspect its that adware or whatever is doing the targeted advertising based on your search history

DancingRabbit
08-21-2016, 08:22 PM
when i have this site open it does make my computers act glitchy it seems. i suspect its that adware or whatever is doing the targeted advertising based on your search history

I was majorly frustrated with ad crap locking me up, slowing things to a crawl etc on Firefox. Mainly on this site and SPS.

Firefox has a built-in pop-up ad blocker so I never bothered with any ad blocking add-ons.

Finally I had enough and tried a recommended add-on to Firefox - uBlock Origin

uBlock Origin has made me a happy surfer. So far it has worked great! No more "a script is not working properly" etc etc

RC3
08-21-2016, 08:25 PM
I was majorly frustrated with ad crap locking me up, slowing things to a crawl etc on Firefox. Mainly on this site and SPS.

Firefox has a built-in pop-up ad blocker so I never bothered with any ad blocking add-ons.

Finally I had enough and tried a recommended add-on to Firefox - uBlock Origin

uBlock Origin has made me a happy surfer. So far it has worked great! No more "a script is not working properly" etc etc
thanks for this. i am running firefox as well

DancingRabbit
08-21-2016, 08:40 PM
thanks for this. i am running firefox as well

You're welcome. Had to share it because I'm very happy with how it has stopped all this crap I was putting up with.

Things probably have changed, but I decided a few years ago that I was tired of Explorer and didn't like Chrome when I gave it a try. So when all these ad issues started up last year I wasn't sure what to do.

I do worry about the future of Firefox though. I guess great software engineers want to get paid and it seems the fox has been slipping the last couple years.

vindastra
08-21-2016, 10:04 PM
I have cable one and can't get on ED via my comp or using wifi. have to use cell phone data no clue why

It could be a DNS block on your router or at ISP level (highly unlikely).

The IP address for elitedawgs.com is 67.204.81.26

In your browser address bar, instead of typing elitedawgs.com, type "67.204.81.26" (without the quotes) and see if the site renders.

the59dawg
08-21-2016, 10:47 PM
I have never seen an ad on ED. I use Chrome with their ad blocker.

Turfdawg67
08-22-2016, 12:41 AM
Whenever I visit my in-laws, I can never access ED from my phone or any other device with their DishNet internet. Any particular reason?

This happened to me as well and I use Comcast. After tons of searching the internet I finally found the solution... Do everything it says, because I left out the part about resetting my modem (not router) and it didn't work. I also cleared out my cookies, cache & history too (don't know if that matters or not). Here's the solution...

The correct answer to this problem is as follows:
1. You must go into your router via the internet (Google it if you don't know how)
2. Enter the setup section.
3. Select MAC address.
4. Select user defined.
5. Change a few numbers and letters in the MAC address.
6. Save settings and reboot your computer and reset your MODEM.

This problem occurs when viewing the same site over a router from more that one computer or application at the same time for a period of time. This activates something in the server software that puts your IP address on a so called "BAND LIST". Your web hosting company will not be able to correct it because they don't know what is going on because they can see that it is working fine from their point of view.

Turfdawg67
08-22-2016, 12:43 AM

See my response above...

Bob Sacamano
08-22-2016, 02:18 AM
Thanks! I'll give it a shot next time I'm there.

Johnson85
08-22-2016, 10:42 AM

Same here. Going to try the solution from Turfdawg.

Turfdawg67
08-22-2016, 09:45 PM
Hope it works for y'all. Let me know if it did or didn't. When I changed my router's MAC address I just changed one number... Like if it was 60:3A:06:C4:48:F3, I made it 60:6A:06:C4:48:F3. I didn't change any letters either.

vindastra
08-22-2016, 10:40 PM
Thinking out aloud here based on Turfdawg67 answer.

If your IP address is in a banned list, just turn OFF your modem (and/or router) for 2 minutes and turn them back on. This should make your ISP reset the IP address (external IP address at router level) and you should be clear of any IP address ban.

MAC address bans are not normally done at web server level as internet packets hops through multiple routers to reach the end destination (in this case Elitedawg server in Missouri) and each time the MAC addresses change. In short, I am guessing you most likely do not have to change MAC addresses but just turn OFF the modem, wait and then restart it.