PDA

View Full Version : Old times there are not forgotten

starkvegasdawg
08-21-2016, 02:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uT4UngK.jpg

Bully13
08-21-2016, 03:02 PM
Aughhh, bless their hearts. So sweet of them to invite bamer fans to their protest. I'm sure bamer fans are concerned with tsun redneck traditions.

IMissJack
08-21-2016, 03:04 PM
It would be nice if NCAA sanctions corresponded with this date, but probably too early.

Goldendawg
08-21-2016, 03:10 PM
Who or what is the State Flag Foundation?

RC3
08-21-2016, 03:18 PM
should be a good opportunity for ESPN to get some footage

RC3
08-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Who or what is the State Flag Foundation?

I just found their Facebook page. Basically a lot of rednecks who are fighting to keep the ms flag displayed at ole miss and other universities. They seem to be taking the decision to remove Dixie from the playbook pretty badly. Lol.

TUSK
08-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Aughhh, bless their hearts. So sweet of them to invite bamer fans to their protest. I'm sure bamer fans are concerned with tsun redneck traditions.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Most Bammers don't even know where Oxford, MS is, much less care about anything UM related...

note: That is BOTH an indicator (of apathy for the series) and an indictment (of Bammers' knowledge)....

Goldendawg
08-21-2016, 03:31 PM
Singing proponents better get there early for a good spot if this really happens. Protesters will out number them 10 to one at least.

Reason2succeed
08-21-2016, 04:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uT4UngK.jpg

As a former squad leader of the Baritones for the Famous Maroon Band I need that baritone player back there to get their horn level up! Both her and Shaggy in the foreground are cheating. "If you can't hold the instrument you can't play the instrument!" Go do some push-ups or go play trumpet.

lastmajordog
08-21-2016, 05:46 PM
should be a good opportunity for ESPN to get some footage
I’m sure ESPN will be too busy looking at Katy Perry’s INCREDIBLE pair of .........predictions .....about MSU and UNM.as opposed to Herbstreit’s opine of The OLE MISS "Lunatic Fringe".......

"That is BOTH an indicator (of apathy for the series) and an indictment (of Bammers' knowledge)....[/QUOTE]".....You let Preacher pull another exorcism over Satan’s head and I bet that apathy will be a lot more reality check than you think.....

starkvegasdawg
08-21-2016, 05:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gVJDXtu.jpg

If they'd fought this hard at Gettysburg...

Tripp McNeely
08-21-2016, 06:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gVJDXtu.jpg

If they'd fought this hard at Gettysburg...

I hope they never get rid of it! Keep perpetuating the stereotype boys...proud of ya

TUSK
08-21-2016, 06:58 PM
I’m sure ESPN will be too busy looking at Katy Perry’s INCREDIBLE pair of .........predictions .....about MSU and UNM.as opposed to Herbstreit’s opine of The OLE MISS "Lunatic Fringe".......

"That is BOTH an indicator (of apathy for the series) and an indictment (of Bammers' knowledge)....".....You let Preacher pull another exorcism over Satan’s head and I bet that apathy will be a lot more reality check than you think.....[/QUOTE]

I'm prolly gonna lay the points...

Maroonthirteen
08-22-2016, 05:44 AM
I'm amazed at the number of them that are on Facebook saying they will quit being OM fans. I never figured that many people were OM fans for the old south traditions.

starkvegasdawg
08-22-2016, 07:03 AM
I'm amazed at the number of them that are on Facebook saying they will quit being OM fans. I never figured that many people were OM fans for the old south traditions.

Most I know are TSUN fans just because of the old south traditions. I remember several years ago talking to an elderly lady that was red and blue down to her bone marrow and all she could talk about with a tear in her eye was the history of TSUN. I dare say that if they answered you honestly, most of them picked TSUN because of what they represesent. They've built that place into a place where truly old times are not forgotten. Their whole schtick is come to the grove and experience old south life where everybody dresses up like they're on their way to an old South cotillion at the local plantation house and have a mint julep out on the back patio. They revel in their aristocratic self relevance they've given themselves. That's why they look down their noses at everybody else that isn't them. It's why they especially hate us because we were founded because the farmers' kids actually had a work ethic and weren't born with a silver spoon shoved up their ass. Our founders were humble in nature and down to earth. The original grinders if you will that got up before the sun and came home after it set. They worked for a living instead of sitting around waiting for the hired help to do everything for them. Remember when that guy down on the coast went to jail and his wife was interviewed saying how she had to learn how to change the filter in the air conditioner of her house? That is their mindset right there. They grew up barely having to wipe their own butt after a dump. I guarantee you that you could find the richest MSU fan in the world and his wife would know how to change the filter in the air conditioner. It's a completely different mindset there. That's why they honestly see nothing wrong with buying players, fixing ACT scores, and doing whatever else they have to do to win. They're ole miss, by damn, and whatever they want they deserve to have regardless of whether or not it is within the rules. They didn't make those rules so they don't think they have to abide by them. They are self declared aritstocracy. That is why I can't be a TSUN fan. It's why I can't pull them to do well when they play out of the conference and are "representing MS and the SEC". It's why I don't want anything good to happen to them. A geyser of raw sewage and rotten squid could erupt in the center of campus this morning and I would be screaming in delight.

BulldogtheMS
08-22-2016, 09:56 AM
Most I know are TSUN fans just because of the old south traditions. I remember several years ago talking to an elderly lady that was red and blue down to her bone marrow and all she could talk about with a tear in her eye was the history of TSUN. I dare say that if they answered you honestly, most of them picked TSUN because of what they represesent. They've built that place into a place where truly old times are not forgotten. Their whole schtick is come to the grove and experience old south life where everybody dresses up like they're on their way to an old South cotillion at the local plantation house and have a mint julep out on the back patio. They revel in their aristocratic self relevance they've given themselves. That's why they look down their noses at everybody else that isn't them. It's why they especially hate us because we were founded because the farmers' kids actually had a work ethic and weren't born with a silver spoon shoved up their ass. Our founders were humble in nature and down to earth. The original grinders if you will that got up before the sun and came home after it set. They worked for a living instead of sitting around waiting for the hired help to do everything for them. Remember when that guy down on the coast went to jail and his wife was interviewed saying how she had to learn how to change the filter in the air conditioner of her house? That is their mindset right there. They grew up barely having to wipe their own butt after a dump. I guarantee you that you could find the richest MSU fan in the world and his wife would know how to change the filter in the air conditioner. It's a completely different mindset there. That's why they honestly see nothing wrong with buying players, fixing ACT scores, and doing whatever else they have to do to win. They're ole miss, by damn, and whatever they want they deserve to have regardless of whether or not it is within the rules. They didn't make those rules so they don't think they have to abide by them. They are self declared aritstocracy. That is why I can't be a TSUN fan. It's why I can't pull them to do well when they play out of the conference and are "representing MS and the SEC". It's why I don't want anything good to happen to them. A geyser of raw sewage and rotten squid could erupt in the center of campus this morning and I would be screaming in delight.

I don't post here often but I can recognize greatness when I see it. You sir have hit the nail on the head.

Maroonthirteen
08-22-2016, 09:57 AM
True story.... whatever year we beat them in Starkville for the return to campus games. After I exercised my bragging rights, a fan of theirs told me, I was turning my back on the south and was a ****** lover being a State Fan. But this guy was very old.

The OM fans I know now. Are graduates or lived in N.MS all their life. So....it is surprising to see those people say things such as ..."I'll stop going to games.". Because I have never seen them being out spoken about the state flag or other issues such as that. I guess you never really know the heart of some people.

MadDawg
08-22-2016, 10:15 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg34 again.

I tried.

blacklistedbully
08-22-2016, 11:27 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg34 again.

Mjoelner34
08-22-2016, 11:54 AM
The thing is, the old aristocracy plantation money would much rather remember and celebrate when they made their money off of free labor than when their profits were made only because of advancements due to machinery, soil science and seed technology all founded and developed at A&M University.

PassInterference
08-22-2016, 12:11 PM

Can I make all that my new sig?

starkvegasdawg
08-22-2016, 12:24 PM
Can I make all that my new sig?

If it'll fit, go for it.

Mjoelner34
08-22-2016, 12:32 PM
If it'll fit, go for it.

I bet that phase has been heard a time or two during the recruitapalooza weekend up north.

Political Hack
08-22-2016, 01:01 PM
I actually think they're dangerously close to get exercised from the SEC. The commish even hinted at it in his state of the SEC address to open media days. Theyd better get on board with dropping the confederat imagery or else they'll be begging the Sun Belt to let them in.

msbulldog
08-22-2016, 01:12 PM

TESTIFY! Brother!

LC Dawg
08-22-2016, 01:13 PM
Most Bammers don't even know where Oxford, MS is,

Most of the Bammers I know don't know where Tuscaloosa is

Political Hack
08-22-2016, 01:25 PM
Most of the Bammers I know don't know where Tuscaloosa is

It's down the street from Wal Mart.

starkvegasdawg
08-22-2016, 01:39 PM
It's down the street from Wal Mart.

Which one?

Liverpooldawg
08-22-2016, 01:42 PM

I would say it's why 90% of their sidewalk alumni are fans. That % is a lot higher among their actual alumni than they will ever admit.

Liverpooldawg
08-22-2016, 01:45 PM

I like the way you think. Did you use your Rodney Dangerfield voice when you were typing that?