PDA

View Full Version : Dak came back for his 5th year

archdog
08-20-2016, 10:43 AM
I wonder what his situation would have been if he left. I have a hard time thinking it would have been a better situation than he finds himself in today. One thing I always think during the draft, the early picks, although they get the most money, have to go to historically terrible teams highlighted by terrible owners. Being drafted later helps players to go to teams that are in contention. Seems like a better situation.

Reason2succeed
08-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Not only that but his last year he was focusing on his NFL preparation in the off season. The polish and confidence he has likely comes from that last year.

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2016, 10:50 AM
One thing I always think during the draft, the early picks, although they get the most money, have to go to historically terrible teams highlighted by terrible owners. Being drafted later helps players to go to teams that are in contention. Seems like a better situation.

This is true only in the first round. After that, you be drafted in the 3rd round to a terrible team.

msbulldog
08-20-2016, 10:59 AM
It was obvious Dan was trying to help Dak develop into a NFL QB last year, passing more running less. Makes me wonder if Dak had played more like he did in 2014 would we have won some of the games we lost?

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2016, 11:11 AM
It was obvious Dan was trying to help Dak develop into a NFL QB last year, passing more running less. Makes me wonder if Dak had played more like he did in 2014 would we have won some of the games we lost?

Maybe. The only game I think could have changed is the A&M game. Against LSU, we couldn't do anything till we started throwing & against Ole Miss & Bama, Dak running wouldn't have made a difference.

A&M is the only game where I remember thinking that we weren't using Dak correctly & it would've made a difference. I also felt that way against Auburn & USM, but we won both of those games.

JoseBrown
08-20-2016, 11:21 AM
Yea, I agree that A&M would've been the only game that might have been any different. You've just got to wonder what might have been if we had recruited OL with the same focus JWS had, in the Dak years. We made #1 for 5 weeks with that line. Now Dak has a perfect QBR for 2 halves in the NFL behind Dallas' OL...and scored on every drive he has led...

msbulldog
08-20-2016, 11:44 AM
Yea, I agree that A&M would've been the only game that might have been any different. You've just got to wonder what might have been if we had recruited OL with the same focus JWS had, in the Dak years. We made #1 for 5 weeks with that line. Now Dak has a perfect QBR for 2 halves in the NFL behind Dallas' OL...and scored on every drive he has led...

Yep, that seems to be a problem for too many years now. Think about the scenario where DM moves Hev to another position and replaces him with OL coach with NFL experience, like he did with the defense this last off-season. I'd do my happy dance!

Todd4State
08-20-2016, 12:04 PM

I think that was more because of our personnel than anything. We had no line and no running game other than Dak.

tenureplan
08-20-2016, 12:44 PM

You must not have watched last night. After the first drive, his line was swiss cheese when they brought in the backups. That being said, he has plenty of experience with that from last year, so he stayed pretty poised.

missouridawg
08-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Maybe. The only game I think could have changed is the A&M game. Against LSU, we couldn't do anything till we started throwing & against Ole Miss & Bama, Dak running wouldn't have made a difference.

A&M is the only game where I remember thinking that we weren't using Dak correctly & it would've made a difference. I also felt that way against Auburn & USM, but we won both of those games.

Dak had 18 carries for 96 yards against aTm last year.

Leroy Jenkins
08-20-2016, 12:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqUcXbjVMAEMR8f.jpg:large

M.Fillmore
08-20-2016, 01:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqUcXbjVMAEMR8f.jpg:large

Yeah, but Dak didn't comment that he thought our campus is pretty.***