PDA

View Full Version : Dak looks better than Romo ...

RocketDawg
08-19-2016, 07:47 PM
So far. Maybe he should get a big raise before the season starts.

DownwardDawg
08-19-2016, 07:48 PM
So does Dak!!!

RocketDawg
08-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Obviously should be DAK. I guess I'll have to turn spell correct off for the forum.

msbulldog
08-19-2016, 07:50 PM
TD!

Reason2succeed
08-19-2016, 07:54 PM
They're gonna put Romo back in the game and tell the reporters that they have to protect their starting QB.

msbulldog
08-19-2016, 07:56 PM
They're gonna put Romo back in the game and tell the reporters that they have to protect their starting QB.

Yep!

RocketDawg
08-19-2016, 08:09 PM
Well, that was a nice laser pass ... to the wrong team. :) But it doesn't count because of the penalty.

Dak is 15-17 with two drops. Closing in on 90%.

RocketDawg
08-19-2016, 08:12 PM
I don't think the extra official experiment is working out.

Dawg Tired
08-19-2016, 08:15 PM
"This NFL thing is easy", says the former Bulldog QB.

msbulldog
08-19-2016, 08:25 PM
Wonder what Dak's QB rating is now?

Bucky Dog
08-19-2016, 08:30 PM
Imagine how good he would have been if he went to school somewhere else!****. Never gonna make an NFL team!****

Commercecomet24
08-19-2016, 08:37 PM
I know it's just pre season but dang dak looks sharp!

lastmajordog
08-19-2016, 09:06 PM
Sure would be nice to have an announcer tout MSU or Dan being THE QB COACH......oh well till MSU changes it's PR.....

Chip
08-19-2016, 09:10 PM
Dak is lighting it up!

Commercecomet24
08-19-2016, 09:14 PM
Wonder what cowturd is saying tonight lol?

lastmajordog
08-19-2016, 09:14 PM
But instead MSU gets backhanded compliments......is it too early to see if Katy Perry can make game day???

Reason2succeed
08-19-2016, 09:24 PM
But instead MSU gets backhanded compliments......is it too early to see if Katy Perry can make game day???

Was that a compliment? It felt like he took a dig at us.

Commercecomet24
08-19-2016, 09:25 PM
I'm just enjoying the fact MSU is being mentioned in the same breath as NFL qb. Been a long time since Joe Reed.

RocketDawg
08-19-2016, 09:28 PM
I'm just enjoying the fact MSU is being mentioned in the same breath as NFL qb. Been a long time since Joe Reed.

I was trying to remember the last time we had a QB in the NFL. When was Joe Reed? ... can't even remember.

RougeDawg
08-19-2016, 09:35 PM
One thing that pisses me off is this is what Dak can do with an adequate OLine. We have even a marginal OLine the last two years and we probably have a NC and two playoff births.

Todd4State
08-19-2016, 09:37 PM
I was trying to remember the last time we had a QB in the NFL. When was Joe Reed? ... can't even remember.

I?m pretty sure you are correct about it being Joe Reed. Bruce Threadgill played as a safety, Don Smith played as a WR/RB, and I think John Bond got drafted in some supplemental round by the Browns but never played and Todd Jordan made the Colts camp as a punter.

Commercecomet24
08-19-2016, 09:38 PM

Joe was with the lions in early 70s and also played in WFL if I remember correctly but that was a long time ago!

Commercecomet24
08-19-2016, 09:40 PM
I?m pretty sure you are correct about it being Joe Reed. Bruce Threadgill played as a safety, Don Smith played as a WR/RB, and I think John Bond got drafted in some supplemental round by the Browns but never played and Todd Jordan made the Colts camp as a punter.

Yep that's our history with NFL qbs exactly. Qbs who had to try and play other positions when they got to NFL. We have come a long way!

Commercecomet24
08-19-2016, 09:42 PM
Joe backed up Greg Landry for several years. I got a couple of joes football cards in my collection.

Statecoachingblows**
08-19-2016, 09:44 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-touchdown-highlights-tony-romo-miami-dolphins-081916.amp.html?client=safari

lastmajordog
08-19-2016, 09:45 PM
Man oh Man......if Dan would have had Don Smith or Bruce Threadgil.......good grief..!!!!!

DancingRabbit
08-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Dak's got 6 TDs vs 5 incompletions this pre-season

msstate7
08-19-2016, 09:52 PM

Needs to get his td to incompletion rate to 2:1**

Commercecomet24
08-19-2016, 09:53 PM

Not bad for a backup tight end******

SaintDawg
08-19-2016, 09:58 PM
Forget about all of the "could've, should've, would've..."
Dak is making his name known now. All the past Bullldogs are all second fiddle to Dak. He will be our Favre, our Rice, our McNair, our Payton, all rolled into one. We are all witnesses to the beginning of a HOF career. And it began as a 2-star recruit out of LA. Dan Mullen groomed him into what we see now and what he will become. Great days are ahead of us because of #15.

confucius say
08-19-2016, 10:17 PM
If preseason had fantasy he'd be leading the league

Jarius
08-19-2016, 10:17 PM
This is proof that we would be a national title contender if we had an offensive line worth a shit. Dak is good and in a weird way our shitty offensive line made this transition easier for him.

Statecoachingblows**
08-19-2016, 10:35 PM
Wonder what Dak's QB rating is now?

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/766833647773097984?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

158.3 not too shabby

Reason2succeed
08-19-2016, 10:53 PM
OMG our fans can find negativity in an ocean of positives!!!

Todd4State
08-19-2016, 10:59 PM
Forget about all of the "could've, should've, would've..."
Dak is making his name known now. All the past Bullldogs are all second fiddle to Dak. He will be our Favre, our Rice, our McNair, our Payton, all rolled into one. We are all witnesses to the beginning of a HOF career. And it began as a 2-star recruit out of LA. Dan Mullen groomed him into what we see now and what he will become. Great days are ahead of us because of #15.

I agree that he has the potential to change our program and be the face of it in much the same way those others that you mentioned.

Gutter Cobreh
08-19-2016, 11:07 PM

Isn't that a prerequisite to being a State fan?

Commercecomet24
08-19-2016, 11:08 PM

Yep! Instead of enjoying this some folks have to find the dark cloud. I for one am enjoying watching Dak and the football era we are now in at State.

DancingRabbit
08-19-2016, 11:16 PM
https://twitter.com/TweetStreams/status/766848869535772672

Every time Dak plays now he breaks twitter. #3 right now behind Japan and #Where'sHillary

I hope Dak's agent is getting him a couple of deals off this.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-19-2016, 11:25 PM
Wonder what cowturd is saying tonight lol?

The usual BS

Let me guess, Dak Prescott is the next John Elway. Don't even need to read my timeline. Cowboy fans are so adorable.
? Colin Cowherd (@ColinCowherd) August 20, 2016

tenureplan
08-19-2016, 11:26 PM
You idiots complaining about the OL realize that after the first drive, his line sucked right?

Dawgowar
08-19-2016, 11:28 PM
This is all good. Let it lie and enjoy for eff sake.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-19-2016, 11:50 PM
You know the commentators are a little over the top about Dak being a wide-eyed rookie when your wife comments "Damn, do they think Dak just graduated from high school. He was All-SEC playing in the SEC West". He knows how to play the game." One of tonight's commentators (maybe Johnston) said he played as a starter for 5 yrs at MSU. How about a little research.

Rant over. Thanks.

archdog
08-20-2016, 12:23 AM
"This NFL thing is easy", says the former Bulldog QB.

Not the CL headline Nashville is going to go with.

Commercecomet24
08-20-2016, 12:23 AM
The usual BS

Let me guess, Dak Prescott is the next John Elway. Don't even need to read my timeline. Cowboy fans are so adorable.
? Colin Cowherd (@ColinCowherd) August 20, 2016

He's an idiot lol. I don't listen to his show or follow him at all lol

Reason2succeed
08-20-2016, 12:32 AM
On a night when even the biggest Dak fans couldn't have expected him to do any better than last week what did Dak do? He figured out a way to go and do even better. Dude is a beast already. Don't pump the breaks. Don't hedge your bets. Don't downplay it at work on Monday. No, thump your chest. Say it emphatically that Dak Prescott is about to take the NFL by storm. Tony Romo might just get traded to the Jets for some defense (I'm kidding). But seriously, when ever Dak's time comes he is going to be ready to lead his team to great heights.

Todd4State
08-20-2016, 01:01 AM
This is proof that we would be a national title contender if we had an offensive line worth a shit. Dak is good and in a weird way our shitty offensive line made this transition easier for him.

THIS

Todd4State
08-20-2016, 01:05 AM
On a night when even the biggest Dak fans couldn't have expected him to do any better than last week what did Dak do? He figured out a way to go and do even better. Dude is a beast already. Don't pump the breaks. Don't hedge your bets. Don't downplay it at work on Monday. No, thump your chest. Say it emphatically that Dak Prescott is about to take the NFL by storm. Tony Romo might just get traded to the Jets for some defense (I'm kidding). But seriously, when ever Dak's time comes he is going to be ready to lead his team to great heights.

I’m sure the Cowboys will go with Romo to start the year which is good for Dak because then he can spend the year learning and developing. As well as Dak is playing I’m sure the Cowboys will find ways to work him in some. I think that’s a good situation for Dak because he doesn’t HAVE to be the savior. It’s the same set-up that Montana and Brady had when they started their careers and it worked out pretty good for both of them.

My biggest fear for Dak was that he would end up in Cleveland or somewhere like that and have to start right away on a bad team and be thrown out there.

Commercecomet24
08-20-2016, 03:34 AM
I’m sure the Cowboys will go with Romo to start the year which is good for Dak because then he can spend the year learning and developing. As well as Dak is playing I’m sure the Cowboys will find ways to work him in some. I think that’s a good situation for Dak because he doesn’t HAVE to be the savior. It’s the same set-up that Montana and Brady had when they started their careers and it worked out pretty good for both of them.

My biggest fear for Dak was that he would end up in Cleveland or somewhere like that and have to start right away on a bad team and be thrown out there.

You nailed it. It almost never works when a team drafts a qb to be a savior. The guy that comes Into a situation where he learns for a year or two behind an established guy always seem to be successful. Great point.

JohnnyQuid
08-20-2016, 05:09 AM

I'd add aaron rodgers also. those guys where given time to be developed - and that's what 1st rounders don't have the luxury of. dak couldnt have asked for a better situation than Dallas - starter wth couple years at most left, one of the top 0- lines in the league and a premier wide receiver. and he deserves it all.

that formula is definitely more successful than trying to jump in and run a nfl offense as a rookie qb. as much as I'd love to see dak running around all the time as a starter a couple years behind Romo in dallas is probably what he needs.

Dawgface
08-20-2016, 08:31 AM
that formula is definitely more successful than trying to jump in and run a nfl offense as a rookie qb. as much as I'd love to see dak running around all the time as a starter a couple years behind Romo in dallas is probably what he needs.

True. But if Dak earns the #2 position (seems possible now) he will get playing time this year. Unlikely Romo makes it through the year w/o missing a game or two. I hope it works out that Dak can study and learn on the bench most of the year. How ever it turns out, I really am happy for him. He's working hard and it's paying off.