PDA

View Full Version : 17 Paul Finebaum

blacklistedbully
08-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Every once-in-a-while I tune in at lunch, only to be reminded why I shouldn't watch or listen to that fool.

Today he had Stewart Mandel on to explain his SEC predictions this year. Of course, Stu has us last in the West, at 6-6 (2-6). He has AU next-to-last at 6-6 (3-5).

Now on to Paul. Paul gives him a little guff about picking UNM 5th at 7-5 (4-4)...then moves on to Auburn...and then says, "That is the West. Let's explain to our vast audience......the East."

17 you, Finebomb, you pencil-necked, ignorant jackass!

Taog Redloh
08-19-2016, 05:05 PM
Every once-in-a-while I tune in at lunch, only to be reminded why I shouldn't watch or listen to that fool.

Today he had Stewart Mandel on to explain his SEC predictions this year. Of course, Stu has us last in the West, at 6-6 (2-6). He has AU next-to-last at 6-6 (3-5).

Now on to Paul. Paul gives him a little guff about picking UNM 5th at 7-5 (4-4)...then moves on to Auburn...and then says, "That is the West. Let's explain to our vast audience......the East."

17 you, Finebomb, you pencil-necked, ignorant jackass!

Not sure what your beef is with that last comment. Or with Mandel's.

blacklistedbully
08-19-2016, 05:08 PM
Not sure what your beef is with that last comment. Or with Mandel's.

He covered every West team except MSU. After Mandel got done explaining Auburn, Paul said, "That's the West". We weren't even an afterthought for Paul.

Reason2succeed
08-19-2016, 05:27 PM
Everyone knew when the SECN was started that it would basically be the Roll Tide Network. Don't get too bent out of shape about their predictions just make sure to call in or tweet them to remind them of how wrong they were come November.

blacklistedbully
08-19-2016, 05:39 PM
Everyone knew when the SECN was started that it would basically be the Roll Tide Network. Don't get too bent out of shape about their predictions just make sure to call in or tweet them to remind them of how wrong they were come November.

It's not about the prediction. It's that we are apparently so insignificant that he can spend time discussing all the other teams....then just before he gets to us, says, "That's the West", and moves on to the East, as if we didn't exist.

lastmajordog
08-19-2016, 05:54 PM
It's not about the prediction. It's that we are apparently so insignificant that he can spend time discussing all the other teams....then just before he gets to us, says, "That's the West", and moves on to the East, as if we didn't exist.

That's why beating Bama every few years is so important....

Todd4State
08-19-2016, 05:55 PM

This man gets it.

Reason2succeed
08-19-2016, 05:55 PM
Refer to my previous post about our PR dept. They need to get to work and fix this. I don't know what else they do but they either need to add this to it or hire more people to iron out our media relations because it ain't good.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-19-2016, 06:08 PM
We've beaten Alabama more recently than Arkansas has, but they still get respect from the media. Despite us being much better than them over the past 5 seasons. There's more to perception than beating Bama. Our biggest hinderance is being pitifully irrelevant for a majority of our history.

That being said, it is ridiculous how often we get disrespected by media, even by our own conference network.

blacklistedbully
08-19-2016, 06:30 PM
We've beaten Alabama more recently than Arkansas has, but they still get respect from the media. Despite us being much better than them over the past 5 seasons. There's more to perception than beating Bama. Our biggest hinderance is being pitifully irrelevant for a majority of our history.

That being said, it is ridiculous how often we get disrespected by media, even by our own conference network.

This man gets it.

msbulldog
08-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Hey guys it's Dak time!

Bothrops
08-19-2016, 07:16 PM
I can't stand that antenna eared dude. He's a real little bastard.

Bodaski
08-19-2016, 07:16 PM
Until we win some games we aren't suppose to, this is where we will always be. Mullen has done a good job of winning the games he should win. Until 2014, we hadn't beat a team we weren't suppose to.

Goldendawg
08-19-2016, 07:18 PM
I never really knew who he was until his radio show became an SEC tv show. He plays to ratings and the largest fan base is of course Alabama. This includes real fans and sidewalk fans from all over Mississippi who have never even been on any college campus. Remember he once claimed he had proof on the Scam Newton case. It never materialized. He will turn on UNM big time when the hammer falls. Some of his AL and AU guests are much worse than professional wresting, soap operas, or early Howard Stern regulars.

lastmajordog
08-19-2016, 09:02 PM
Until we win some games we aren't suppose to, this is where we will always be. Mullen has done a good job of winning the games he should win. Until 2014, we hadn't beat a team we weren't suppose to.

THIS^^^^^^

msstate7
08-19-2016, 09:04 PM

Well we're picked last like every year and don't finish there so we must be beating some teams we aren't supposed to

Reason2succeed
08-19-2016, 09:33 PM
Well we're picked last like every year and don't finish there so we must be beating some teams we aren't supposed to

Exactly. Games against Auburn, aTm, and Arkansas haven't always been expected wins but we are beating them. Obviously Mullen gets no credit for beating LSU in Death Valley or Florida in the Swamp. Every time I hear that argument I feel like it's is simply based on the fact that OM beat Bama twice and he never have. But people fail to realize that OM was cheating their arse off and we dealt with accordingly.

Taog Redloh
08-19-2016, 09:49 PM
He covered every West team except MSU. After Mandel got done explaining Auburn, Paul said, "That's the West". We weren't even an afterthought for Paul.

Don't let him get to you, he's nothing but the worst type of agitator. He lives off creating drama/chaos with stupid people. Pretty damn shitty human being overall if you ask me. Typical journalist. his stench is easy to pick up on. I used to listen for sheer entertainment, but it's just dumb and boring now. I don't want to even give him the ratings at the end of the day

dickiedawg
08-19-2016, 10:27 PM
We've only been picked last 3 times in Mullen's 8 years.
Haven't finished there but once.

Bothrops
08-19-2016, 10:36 PM
That guy sucks! I hope someone beats the **** out of him.