PDA

View Full Version : Slot

msstate7
08-19-2016, 07:24 AM
Without having seen a practice, I'm still guessing that our 3 of our most explosive players (Ross, dear, and mixon) are all slot. Any ideas on how we're gonna get at least 2 of these guys on the field at the same time? Can mixon be an all purpose back like Holloway in addition to slot? Dear had 11 rushes for 110 yards last year... Think we plan on getting that rush total up around 25-30 this year?

Martianlander
08-19-2016, 08:00 AM
I hope Dear touches the ball more. Seemed to me good things usually happened when he had the ball.

BB30
08-19-2016, 08:38 AM
I agree, Dear has to get more touches this year he is a player. I also think you will see Ross slide outside occasionally opening up the slot. It will be interesting to see how we use Mixon this year. He has a different gear. There is no doubt our team speed is improving each year. We finally have some guys that will be able to beat you. Sort of off topic but I am excited to see what Donald Gray does this year as well he is explosive.

Reason2succeed
08-19-2016, 08:39 AM
Most of our offensive sets will have three WRs which means one slot guy and a lot of our sets will have 4 WRs to "spread" the defense out which has two guys in the slot. Our young inexperienced QBs will throw more bubble screens than Bo Wallace.

HoopsDawg
08-19-2016, 09:02 AM
Ross will definitely play outside a good bit. We may go double slot some too.