PDA

View Full Version : South Panola loses 38-26 to Clinton

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2016, 10:06 PM
Somewhere a certain former coach is laughing.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-18-2016, 10:10 PM
Cam Akers is a beast...too bad we have zero chance of getting him.

msstate7
08-18-2016, 10:12 PM

Oh well, hope urban gets em

mic
08-18-2016, 11:24 PM

And Umiss chances aren't much better..

Todd4State
08-19-2016, 01:01 AM
South Panola would have won if they had Coach34.

TUSK
08-19-2016, 01:40 AM
Oh well, hope urban gets em

Go easy there, Turbo... Cam deserves every chance to be processed....

Spiderman
08-19-2016, 05:44 AM

Did yall see that crap Yancy tweeted?

Picture of some OM players, including AK-47 at the game with the caption "OM players at the game to support Cam Akers"

Unreal. and sickening. Institutional recruiting still going 120 MPH

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-19-2016, 08:38 AM

Picture of some OM players, including AK-47 at the game with the caption "OM players at the game to support Cam Akers"

I bet he said "Hey guys mind if I get a pic?....sooo you guys are here to support Cam Akers aren't you?"....."Uh actually were just here to watch a big time high school ga.........."So you're here to support Akers! Super!" Thanks for the pic guys....

Todd4State
08-19-2016, 08:43 AM

Don't let his BS bother you. That's about par for the course.

M.Fillmore
08-19-2016, 09:43 AM
I wonder how much cash the players found on the sidewalk outside the coaches' office to use for gas/meal money for this "support" trip.

Bully13
08-19-2016, 09:59 AM
Anybody have the scoop as to why we don't have a shot at Akers?

RocketDawg
08-19-2016, 10:17 AM

Not a clue, but 247 says we have a 4% shot. Looks like we should be after him heavy.

How does that school always come up with such outstanding players? Do they import them? Surely not that many in their district since the population is pretty small.

starkvegasdawg
08-19-2016, 10:18 AM
I wonder how much cash the players found on the sidewalk outside the coaches' office to use for gas/meal money for this "support" trip.

If they talked to Akers isn't that an NCAA violation? I thought I remembered a while back that current athletes were not allowed to go out and recruit off campus. I know they hosts players on OV's, but thinking outside that was a no no.

Homedawg
08-19-2016, 10:50 AM
If they talked to Akers isn't that an NCAA violation? I thought I remembered a while back that current athletes were not allowed to go out and recruit off campus. I know they hosts players on OV's, but thinking outside that was a no no.

If the have a pre existing relationship it's legal. So I'm sureeeeeee they were all pals before last night!

fishwater99
08-19-2016, 10:50 AM
Does Cam want to play QB or RB in college. If it's QB then we should have a shot.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-19-2016, 10:58 AM

Funny thing is he said they were all there to support Cam while 2 former USP players were in the pic.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-19-2016, 10:59 AM
Does Cam want to play QB or RB in college. If it's QB then we should have a shot.

He has 0 shot of playing QB at a Power 5 school. He's a RB all the way.

MSUDawg99
08-19-2016, 11:09 AM

Per Rosie, Akers & Kam White were told by someone close to them not to visit us. And that's all I know. So there's that.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-19-2016, 11:09 AM

Somebody over on SPS says something happened with their coaches. Someone else mentioned that Peterson's ex-wife is married to Clintons coach...I don't see why in the hell that would matter but....

MSUDawg99
08-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Funny thing is he said they were all there to support Cam while 2 former USP players were in the pic.

Yeah I wondered the same thing.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-19-2016, 11:13 AM
According to Demetric Warren, Cam is the best thing to come out or Mississippi since Marcus Dupree.

msstate7
08-19-2016, 11:18 AM
According to Demetric Warren, Cam is the best thing to come out or Mississippi since Marcus Dupree.

Wow

Ifyouonlyknew
08-19-2016, 11:26 AM

I don't know if he's the best but you can put him up there with the Dontae Walker, Jerious Norwood, Brian Darden, & those guys.

M.Fillmore
08-19-2016, 11:46 AM
I've seen 20+ high school games a year for 25 years. Brian Darden was the best I've ever seen, such a waste of talent.

Clarence McDougal, was second best, until his knee got blown out in a practice for the MS-AL All Star game. McDougal had his head screwed on straight. Really sad. I think he is an assistant coach at Hinds. Forget 40 speed, McDougal's 0-15 yard speed was freakish.

About once a year I watch the game film of the Clinton-MC game from 1998. Four future NFL players, plus Doug Buckles, plus Bobo Brown (signed with Michigan State) plus McDougal. A whole lotta talent out there. McDougal was the best of them all in that game.

HSVDawg
08-19-2016, 12:12 PM

I wouldn't say that. Make no mistake, the NCAA investigation is putting a halt to a lot of their activity, but they will still go all out for 2 or 3 guys in state this year, mainly because it won't draw the ire of the big out of state programs. Akers and Willie Gay are two of those guys. I expect they will pull out all the stops on Akers and they'll be in it to the end with him even if they don't land him.

HSVDawg
08-19-2016, 12:25 PM

He wants to be the feature back in his class for whatever school he chooses, and we already have Kylin Hill. Our coaches will certainly take both him and Hill, but I don't think either one wanted to sign where the other one went. There has also been discussion that he has his eyes set on going out of state, but we'll see how that plays out as it gets closer to February.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-19-2016, 12:28 PM
He wants to be the feature back in his class for whatever school he chooses, and we already have Kylin Hill. Our coaches will certainly take both him and Hill, but I don't think either one wanted to sign where the other one went. There has also been discussion that he has his eyes set on going out of state, but we'll see how that plays out as it gets closer to February.

December. He's an EE

msstate7
08-19-2016, 12:31 PM
December. He's an EE

Plays to OM's advantage with no penalties likely announced by then. Of course, it could be just the opposite

HoopsDawg
08-19-2016, 12:33 PM
December. He's an EE

I heard the second we hired Peterson, we no longer had any shot at the Clinton kids. Typical.

msstate7
08-19-2016, 12:36 PM
I heard the second we hired Peterson, we no longer had any shot at the Clinton kids. Typical.

I remember talk before we hired Peterson that we had no shot with Akers

HoopsDawg
08-19-2016, 12:37 PM
I remember talk before we hired Peterson that we had no shot with Akers

Just not true.

msstate7
08-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Just not true.

Maybe not, but last season I remember it was us getting hill and Akers wouldn't be playing with hill

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2016, 12:39 PM
Just not true.

Well I hope Peterson is worth it. Pretty big fish to have no shot at. With our luck, Clinton will start producing players at an unheard of rate.

We've always owned Clinton until they get their best player

msstate7
08-19-2016, 12:42 PM
Well I hope Peterson is worth it. Pretty big fish p to have no shot at

Peterson was a damn good coach in HS. If he can translate to the college game, I think he could be worth it. I don't want us passing up what we feel is a good coach for a SHOT at a good player. There's no guarantee that no Peterson = Akers in maroon and white

msstate7
08-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Well I hope Peterson is worth it. Pretty big fish to have no shot at. With our luck, Clinton will start producing players at an unheard of rate.

We've always owned Clinton until they get their best player

I think it could be argued we got their best player

HSVDawg
08-19-2016, 12:48 PM
December. He's an EE

Yeah thats right. Either way I think OM is gonna make it hard on him to go out of state.

Joe Schmedlap
08-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Tell me more about Coach Peterson - where he worked before joining the staff at State and why hiring him would poison the well at Clinton high skruel.

confucius say
08-19-2016, 01:24 PM
Tell me more about Coach Peterson - where he worked before joining the staff at State and why hiring him would poison the well at Clinton high skruel.

Newton, forest, Louisville, Brandon, Madison central, state.

Judd (Clinton coach) and brad were close. Both Louisville boys. Judd was brads dc at forest then got head job there when brad left for Louisville. Wife thing happens (read above) and their rship not the same anymore.

MarketingBully
08-19-2016, 01:36 PM
When punishments get levied, everyone will be let out of their scholarships anyway so I say go ahead Rebels recruit away.

HSVDawg
08-19-2016, 03:36 PM
When punishments get levied, everyone will be let out of their scholarships anyway so I say go ahead Rebels recruit away.

There is little to no chance of that happening. There is no precedent with the NCAA lifting transfer restrictions when issuing penalties for academic / recruiting violations. Nor should they. By doing that they are basically rewarding players who knowingly broke the rules and accepted benefits.

The only time the NCAA has lifted transfer restrictions when issuing penalties was with the Penn State scandal which was a totally different situation altogether.

MarketingBully
08-20-2016, 03:14 AM
There is little to no chance of that happening. There is no precedent with the NCAA lifting transfer restrictions when issuing penalties for academic / recruiting violations. Nor should they. By doing that they are basically rewarding players who knowingly broke the rules and accepted benefits.

The only time the NCAA has lifted transfer restrictions when issuing penalties was with the Penn State scandal which was a totally different situation altogether.

They let USC players transfer out with no restriction. They do that all the time with major penalties.

MarketingBully
08-20-2016, 03:32 AM
Besides, if major penalties are levied against Ole Miss it could be argued they signed them on false pretense. I have seen players get out of LOIs for less.

HSVDawg
08-20-2016, 08:49 AM
They let USC players transfer out with no restriction. They do that all the time with major penalties.

You are right that the NCAA did let some USC players transfer, but only Juniors and Seniors. Furthermore, the PAC 10 blocked them from going anywhere else in the conference. So even under that scenario, you still wouldn't see signees from the most recent recruiting classes at OM being released without having to sit a year. OM is going to hang onto their signees this year unless they decide that they don't mind sitting out the standard year to find someplace else.

HSVDawg
08-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Besides, if major penalties are levied against Ole Miss it could be argued they signed them on false pretense. I have seen players get out of LOIs for less.

What false pretense? At this point, the whole world knows they are under major NCAA scrutiny right now as the NOA and Tunsil stuff has been in the news for months. Technically, all the players from their '16 class knew about it too, although they had limited time to find other landing spots due to how close it was to signing day when the Forde article leaked. Is it possible that the OM staff tried to soften the blow with some of these kids by talking about sanctions not being that bad? Absolutely. But they still chose to believe it. Nobody in the 2016 or 2017 signing classes can plea ignorance on the NCAA stuff, and I don't think the NCAA is going to have sympathy for any of them.