PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Seals-Jones was offered 600k for his signature

TrueMaroon
08-26-2013, 06:31 PM
From Dan Wetzels article-

Seals-Jones, once a Texas commit who wound up signing with Texas A&M last February, and his family open themselves up to the entire process. The juiciest part is an alleged offer to the Jones family from a "top-20 program" – not A&M – for the following: $300,000 in cash, use of a luxury suite during football season, eight season tickets and $1,000 per month for Ricky and $500 for the family.

"Oh, it was higher than that," Chester Jones, Ricky's dad said. "It was a lot higher than that." Chester Jones said the offers grew as high as $600,000 for his son's signature on a national letter of intent – one SEC school and one ACC school said they'd double any offer – but he declined them all out of principle and the fear of inevitably getting caught.

Thoughts?

PS-Ole Miss was very involved with his recruitment and at one point thought that they had him.

TrueMaroon
08-26-2013, 06:35 PM
Here is a link to the original article

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf---the-system--a-great-read-on-college-football-s-inner-workings-202143287.html

Political Hack
08-26-2013, 06:39 PM
nm

Will James
08-26-2013, 07:01 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha More wood for the fire John-boy, more wood!

blacklistedbully
08-26-2013, 07:02 PM

Seals-Jones, once a Texas commit who wound up signing with Texas A&M last February, and his family open themselves up to the entire process. The juiciest part is an alleged offer to the Jones family from a "top-20 program" ? not A&M ? for the following: $300,000 in cash, use of a luxury suite during football season, eight season tickets and $1,000 per month for Ricky and $500 for the family.

"Oh, it was higher than that," Chester Jones, Ricky's dad said. "It was a lot higher than that." Chester Jones said the offers grew as high as $600,000 for his son's signature on a national letter of intent ? one SEC school and one ACC school said they'd double any offer ? but he declined them all out of principle and the fear of inevitably getting caught.

Thoughts?

PS-Ole Miss was very involved with his recruitment and at one point thought that they had him.

Auburn, LSU & MSU are listed as the SEC schools that officially offered. But then, there are no ACC schools listed, so I suppose it didn't have to be one of the schools on the list. If I had to choose, guess I'd say Auburn.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-26-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm calling horseshit, not that he wasn't offered money, but the not A&M part. Sounds like Cam, we want 180K from MSU, but I will go play for free at Auburn.

Bear@Work
08-26-2013, 07:51 PM

Seals-Jones, once a Texas commit who wound up signing with Texas A&M last February, and his family open themselves up to the entire process. The juiciest part is an alleged offer to the Jones family from a "top-20 program" – not A&M – for the following: $300,000 in cash, use of a luxury suite during football season, eight season tickets and $1,000 per month for Ricky and $500 for the family.

"Oh, it was higher than that," Chester Jones, Ricky's dad said. "It was a lot higher than that." Chester Jones said the offers grew as high as $600,000 for his son's signature on a national letter of intent – one SEC school and one ACC school said they'd double any offer – but he declined them all out of principle and the fear of inevitably getting caught.

Thoughts?

This is more fuel to the fire and I think seals our argument. Think about it:

1. This guy was offered $600k by an SEC school
2. This guy was the #2 Nationally Ranked WR
3. Laquon Treadwell was the #1 Nationally Ranked WR

I think we can logically conclude that Ole Miss had to have offered Laquon Treadwell more than that $371 we saw in that picture.