PDA

View Full Version : The curious case of Marc Coffers

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 07:55 AM
http://www.naplesnews.com/story/sports/college/fgcu/2016/08/17/fgcu-baseball-brings-barron-collier-star-marc-coffers-into-fold/88915648/

Coffers seemed poised to be taken on Day 2 of the draft June 9, with the San Diego Padres being the most likely destination. However, Mississippi State recruiting coordinator and hitting coach Nick Mingione convinced Coffers he should keep his commitment to the Bulldogs instead. Coffers told interested teams he was unsignable and heading to college.

The day after the draft ended, Coffers received news that changed everything. Mingione accepted the head coaching job at the University of Kentucky, shocking Coffers since he had just spoken with him two days before.

?If I had known he was leaving, I may have taken less money to sign,? Coffers said. ?I don?t feel betrayed or anything. (Mingione) took a head coaching job. You can?t fault himself for bettering his career. At first, I still felt good about honoring my commitment (to Mississippi State) but as the summer went on, I began having second thoughts.?

It didn?t help that his family was experiencing some problems. Due to report at Mississippi State on July 1, Coffers decided to stay in Naples.

Duckdog
08-18-2016, 08:18 AM
What a stupid mistake he made on his part by staying in Naples. Why does it matter if Mingione is there or not??????

Ifyouonlyknew
08-18-2016, 08:41 AM
He's enrolled at Florida Gulf Coast now

jumbo
08-18-2016, 08:51 AM
People "in the know" say that there are also some family issues going on

tireddawg
08-18-2016, 11:24 AM
This guy has some big time issues going on personally. It was probably best for him to stay in Naples. Can't fault him for that.