PDA

View Full Version : Fear the Walking Dead returns this Sunday

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2016, 06:54 AM
While the show tried to show some potential before its summer break, I'm still of the opinion that the best thing about its return is the fact that the countdown to the return of The Walking Dead has officially started.

Johnson85
08-18-2016, 01:21 PM
While the show tried to show some potential before its summer break, I'm still of the opinion that the best thing about its return is the fact that the countdown to the return of The Walking Dead has officially started.

Yea, still pisses me off to think about all the potential a spinoff focused on the initial outbreak would have had. Instead we get a crappier version of the Walking Dead, without even avoiding two of the biggest mistakes they initially made with The Walking Dead (e.g., a pace that's too slow and unlikable characters).

msstate7
08-21-2016, 08:59 PM
I keep watching and I stay disappointed.

starkvegasdawg
08-21-2016, 09:01 PM
Well that was as entertaining as watching paint dry in the rain.

BulldogBear
08-22-2016, 05:19 PM
Is this why I've been recording season 2 but just haven't been fired up to watch any of the episodes yet??????

starkvegasdawg
08-23-2016, 01:16 PM
Is this why I've been recording season 2 but just haven't been fired up to watch any of the episodes yet??????

Yep. Right near the mid season finale this year, it tried to have some potential, but the second half premiere Sunday was awful.

Johnson85
08-23-2016, 01:27 PM
Yep. Right near the mid season finale this year, it tried to have some potential, but the second half premiere Sunday was awful.

I haven't seen the second half premiere yet. Was about to watch it and want to watch the last five minutes of the mid season finale as a reminder of what had happened. But when I pulled up that episode, I realized that I had only watched about a third of it. Not a good sign that somebody that had pretty much followed TWD from the beginning was disinterested enough to turn off the show in the middle of it and not feel the need to come back to it to find out what happened.

starkvegasdawg
08-29-2016, 06:53 AM
Ok, anybody watch last night? I will say last night's episode was better than last week's but that wouldn't take much. Interesting to see they brought in the crazy human sacrificing cult into play.

spiral
09-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Ok, anybody watch last night? I will say last night's episode was better than last week's but that wouldn't take much. Interesting to see they brought in the crazy human sacrificing cult into play.

Yeah those of my friends who watched it all agreed it was the best show in a while. We also agreed it still was not very good at all. It's a running joke to watch now and see how many errors we can catch and so we can complain that we don't know why we are still watching it. We also treat it like Mystery Science Theater 3000 which helps some.

BulldogBear
10-29-2016, 09:57 AM
My wife and I finally watched season 2 to clear out from the DVR. It has potential but had way more at one time. I think they've gotten through the initial stages too quickly and now it's just a Mexican/West Coast The Walking Dead. The only thing that can redeem it just from being just more of the same is either a crossover with the original series at some point or get some serious answers about what is going on that we are not getting in the original...or both.