PDA

View Full Version : Steve R

notsofarawaydawg
08-17-2016, 10:53 PM
Just catching up some on Twitter tonight. Are there some Bears insinuating that Steve has been silenced by maybe some lawyers on the behalf of UNM? It would be just like some of those assholes to try and pull a stunt like that.

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2016, 11:04 PM
Steve has been hinting on Twitter he has a big announcement coming up. I saw whee a bear tweeted him asking if he'd been shut up and he responded back it was just the opposite. Just waiting for some things to be reviewed. Now, based on that I've seen speculation that the big announcement was anything from a huge bombshell on the Bears to a new media venture. Your guess is as good as mine on that.

oldjoedawg
08-17-2016, 11:06 PM
I believe it has more to do with business.....

Steve has been hinting on Twitter he has a big announcement coming up. I saw whee a bear tweeted him asking if he'd been shut up and he responded back it was just the opposite. Just waiting for some things to be reviewed. Now, based on that I've seen speculation that the big announcement was anything from a huge bombshell on the Bears to a new media venture. Your guess is as good as mine on that.

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2016, 11:12 PM
I believe it has more to do with business.....

If I were to venture a guess I'd agree with you.

Dawgfan77
08-18-2016, 05:39 AM
Supposedly he will take over for Gene when Gene reties. Not saying that's the announcement just pass along info

TimberBeast
08-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Supposedly he will take over for Gene when Gene reties. Not saying that's the announcement just pass along info

When he retires from what?

rolodawg
08-18-2016, 09:38 AM
When he retires from what?

Jorts?!?

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-18-2016, 09:45 AM
Couple of weeks ago he said something about more people being interviewed by NCAA soon but he couldn't comment yet bc he didnt want to interfere with the investigation and acted like whoever they were about to interview were people that hadn't cooperated earlier in investigation.

maroonmania
08-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Just catching up some on Twitter tonight. Are there some Bears insinuating that Steve has been silenced by maybe some lawyers on the behalf of UNM? It would be just like some of those assholes to try and pull a stunt like that.

So now there are Ole Miss lawyers trying to abolish the First Amendment??

BossDawg
08-18-2016, 09:52 AM
Couple of weeks ago he said something about more people being interviewed by NCAA soon but he couldn't comment yet bc he didnt want to interfere with the investigation and acted like whoever they were about to interview were people that hadn't cooperated earlier in investigation.

I've heard there are people talking now that originally weren't saying anything. Sounds like maybe some folks are starting to throw others under the bus, and the vicious cycle has started.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-18-2016, 10:09 AM
I've heard there are people talking now that originally weren't saying anything. Sounds like maybe some folks are starting to throw others under the bus, and the vicious cycle has started.

Who do y'all think has the ability to provide the most damning info if they were willing to speak to NCAA: Saunders, Tunsil or Vaughn? (outside of someone on current staff admitting to impermissible benefits)

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2016, 10:51 AM
Who do y'all think has the ability to provide the most damning info if they were willing to speak to NCAA: Saunders, Tunsil or Vaughn? (outside of someone on current staff admitting to impermissible benefits)

Saunders because he was on staff. If he started singing like a canary on what the staff did and/or knew about that would be nuclear.

1bigdawg
08-18-2016, 11:09 AM
Saunders because he was on staff. If he started singing like a canary on what the staff did and/or knew about that would be nuclear.

It won't be Saunders. The network took care of him and got him the JUCO job.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 11:13 AM

It won't be Saunders. The network took care of him and got him the JUCO job.

Plus he is a huge OM fan and would sacrifice his career to spare them trouble. There's a reason he took such a poor salary when he was employed under Nutt and Boone.

Really Clark?
08-18-2016, 11:18 AM
Y'all are forgetting Saunders sued UNM because they lowered his salary tremendously because Boone knew that he was not someone he wanted on staff. He didn't sign on at the hour rate. He was promised a 6 figure salary.

Chip
08-18-2016, 11:44 AM

Vaughn had been on staff as well. I would think Vaughn would have the most to gain by cooperating at this point. First, he wasn't caught up in the ULL case that has been adjudicated already. Second, given that he was recently fired from Texas, he has an incentive to cooperate and minimize his personal penalty, if any.

Pollodawg
08-18-2016, 01:30 PM
I kinda get the feeling that Steve is starting to repeat himself a little. Maybe he's backing off some from the "they're gonna get hammered" stance he's had the past several months.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-18-2016, 01:34 PM
I kinda get the feeling that Steve is starting to repeat himself a little. Maybe he's backing off some from the "they're gonna get hammered" stance he's had the past several months.

He just said yesterday that "it's gonna get worse" I don't think he is backing off anything.

Pollodawg
08-18-2016, 01:34 PM
He just said yesterday that "it's gonna get worse" I don't think he is backing off anything.

Must of missed it. Keep up the good work, Steve. I hope it does get worse.

blacklistedbully
08-18-2016, 01:38 PM
Vaughn had been on staff as well. I would think Vaughn would have the most to gain by cooperating at this point. First, he wasn't caught up in the ULL case that has been adjudicated already. Second, given that he was recently fired from Texas, he has an incentive to cooperate and minimize his personal penalty, if any.

I could see the NCAA telling Vaughn he'd better take note of what happened to Saunders, and consider his next step carefully. Could be a career decision for Vaughn.

Chip
08-18-2016, 01:48 PM
I could see the NCAA telling Vaughn he'd better take note of what happened to Saunders, and consider his next step carefully. Could be a career decision for Vaughn.

Exactly. Vaughn was on staff and correct me if I'm wrong but for a time on Freeze's staff. Again I may be wrong on that. However, unlike Saunders who has already been penalized, Vaughn still has the pendulum axe swinging above his neck. Vaughn already has been fired by Texas, and I would think the only way he can get back to safe ground in any sort of reasonable term is to cooperate fully with the NCAA. If I were the NCAA that's who I would work a deal with.

Edit: checked and I don't think Vaughn coached under Freeze

blacklistedbully
08-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Exactly. Vaughn was on staff and correct me if I'm wrong but for a time on Freeze's staff. Again I may be wrong on that. However, unlike Saunders who has already been penalized, Vaughn still has the pendulum axe swinging above his neck. Vaughn already has been fired by Texas, and I would think the only way he can get back to safe ground in any sort of reasonable term is to cooperate fully with the NCAA. If I were the NCAA that's who I would work a deal with.

Edit: checked and I don't think Vaughn coached under Freeze

Vaughn arrived immediately after Freeze's first stint ended, and left just prior to Freeze's return as HC.

Still, I'm sure Vaughn could shed a lot of light. It's certainly plausible, if not likely that Vaughn was told, "how things were done" under the previous regime. Vaughn is connected to Saunders, who was at UNM before and after Freeze.

At a minimum this establishes a thread-of-corruption that is at least one way the NCAA can use to hold UNM accountable for stuff that might otherwise be outside the Statute Of Limitations.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 02:40 PM
I'd be interested to know if Wesley McGriff was ever interviewed by the NCAA. He was a HUGE part of orchestrating the 2013 class and left right after their season ended to take a job with the saints.

Percho
08-18-2016, 03:36 PM
I'd be interested to know if Wesley McGriff was ever interviewed by the NCAA. He was a HUGE part of orchestrating the 2013 class and left right after their season ended to take a job with the saints.

He is at Auburn now.