PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Wilkins Academically Ineligible...out for the season for Ole Miss

CadaverDawg
08-17-2016, 10:45 PM
According to Jay White on Twitter (local radio guy). Weren't they depending on him pretty heavily with the loss of Walton and the others that left?

Wonder if they'd have gotten him eligible if the NCAA wasn't snooping around their house these days

notsofarawaydawg
08-17-2016, 10:51 PM
I would imagine that the four letter group has caused a major shutdown of all those illegal activities on that UNM campus and with anyone associated with academic cheating for them. Who the hell wants to lose their job trying to help a team that is screwed for the next few years and has a hypocrite as their leader right now? They would certainly get thrown under the bus like a lot of people are about to experience at the hands of Freezus because we know a hypocrite is never going to admit he cheated out his ass for years.

msstate7
08-17-2016, 10:52 PM
72 rushes 379 yds 5.26/carry 3 td

Pennamon next guy up?

Big4Dawg
08-17-2016, 10:56 PM
Judd is listed as starter. Wilkins back up.

Goldendawg
08-17-2016, 11:03 PM
He was one of their big backs, I think.

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2016, 11:17 PM
Olemisssports listed him 6'1" 215 and as a co starter heading into fall.

I seen it dawg
08-17-2016, 11:42 PM
**** all those guys

Reason2succeed
08-18-2016, 05:47 AM
When is the last time that OM had a player return academically ineligible? It is obvious someone is cheating when they report that all 85 players are doing what they are supposed to. You couldn't get 85 nuns to do everything they are supposed to let alone the characters that the recruit.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 06:08 AM
From the Memphis, Tennessee area, class of 2013, and he's ineligible...color me shocked. It's amazing to me that he has made it this far being eligible to slip up now. Maybe y'all are on to something with the NCAA presence hanging over them.

BrunswickDawg
08-18-2016, 07:50 AM
When is the last time that OM had a player return academically ineligible? It is obvious someone is cheating when they report that all 85 players are doing what they are supposed to. You couldn't get 85 nuns to do everything they are supposed to let alone the characters that the recruit.

I really think this will be the beauty of the NCAA situation dragging out through the season. They are having to cut bait with problems that they used to cover up or let slide. That is going to effect the locker room - especially if they are mad that friends are getting cut or suspended for things that were never a problem before. Add to that their paychecks have been cut. Lose a couple of games early and the attitudes will start to crash, and an "every man for himself" attitude develops. Going to be interesting when they start 1-3....

BeastMan
08-18-2016, 07:55 AM
Swinney & Pennamon are their guys who will tote the load imo. In other news it looks like Rod Taylor will win their LT job beating out Alex Givens with Greg Little a distant 3rd

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 07:57 AM
Swinney & Pennamon are their guys who will tote the load imo. In other news it looks like Rod Taylor will win their LT job beating out Alex Givens with Greg Little a distant 3rd

OM better pray Taylor has gotten more physical after he lost a boxing match to air before last season. Also, sounds like Little has a shoulder.

Spiderman
08-18-2016, 07:58 AM
According to Jay White on Twitter (local radio guy). Weren't they depending on him pretty heavily with the loss of Walton and the others that left?

Wonder if they'd have gotten him eligible if the NCAA wasn't snooping around their house these days

They must be tiptoeing around and watching the P's & Q's due to NCAA if they are declaring people Academically ineligible.

That, historically, doesn't happen very much at all up there. Much less with a player they need.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 07:59 AM
Also how does a senior (Wilkins), with all the tutoring and help that's available at a SEC school, become academically ineligible? This is really strange.

mic
08-18-2016, 08:01 AM

Like I said... He may end up be very talented.. But Little is No Tunsil...

ShotgunDawg
08-18-2016, 08:06 AM

Additionally, it looks like Little is having an MRI on his shoulder today. That could be good for him so that he can redshirt and then transfer in the Spring once the sanctions come down.

CJDAWG85
08-18-2016, 08:13 AM
I know Phil Steele isn't necessarily accurate, but he has Wilkins as the projected starter at RB, Givens at RT, and Little at LT. Rod Taylor is projected as the back up at RT.

Tripp McNeely
08-18-2016, 08:24 AM

No way, that's true about Taylor??? If so, that's awesome! Rod Taylor is 6'2" standing on his tip-toes.

CadaverDawg
08-18-2016, 08:36 AM
Don't let Ole Miss fans spin it....Wilkins was supposed to be a key cog in their running game this year. This is a big loss for them.

However, unlike MSU, they will play a freshman 4 star RB this year and he will likely do a good job, bc it doesn't take 2 years + to teach a lifelong RB to be a college RB. But I digress.

Johnson85
08-18-2016, 08:44 AM

I would be shocked if they don't start Little if he's not injured. I suspect he got promises regarding playing time or at least what he took as promises. Even if they end up giving somebody else more time throughout the game, I would expect they start Little to avoid bruising his ego and causing a problem with their biggest investment this off season.

gtowndawg
08-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Don't let Ole Miss fans spin it....Wilkins was supposed to be a key cog in their running game this year. This is a big loss for them.

However, unlike MSU, they will play a freshman 4 star RB this year and he will likely do a good job, bc it doesn't take 2 years + to teach a lifelong RB to be a college RB. But I digress.

Yep. I saw him play in a scrimmage up close and personal (from the sidelines) his senior year at St. Benedict. Maybe he's only 215 but his arms and legs were huge even in high school. And St. Benedict is a good academic school. I'm surprised he's ineligible to be honest.

If I recall correctly, he was originally committed to Auburn first. I agree with Cadaver, it hurts losing him.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-18-2016, 08:51 AM
I was on a flight with Little several months ago. I was surprised by how small he looked and couldn't picture him blocking an SEC DL/DE. He'll prob be good one day but he looked like he needed about 30-40 lbs more muscle.

jumbo
08-18-2016, 08:55 AM
Apparently his academic adviser had him taking 1 less credit than he needed to stay eligible. That sucks for the kid.

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Apparently his academic adviser had him taking 1 less credit than he needed to stay eligible. That sucks for the kid.

THat does suck for him, but what kind of drooling window lickers do they hire for academic advisors? You have one job and that is to keep the players on the team eligible and you screw that up because you can't add up course credits correctly?

gtowndawg
08-18-2016, 09:22 AM

As I said above, I'm surprised he's ineligible because of the school he came from (St. Benedict). That would explain it then.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 09:40 AM

Says tRant...I'm sorry, but I call bs on this "narrative".

Mjoelner34
08-18-2016, 09:42 AM

http://www.ppiclaimsandadvice.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ppi-calculator.jpg
An Academic Adviser at the University of Mississippi intently studies course credit requirements for a student athlete.

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2016, 09:44 AM

Same story is making the rounds on Nafoom, too.

Reason2succeed
08-18-2016, 10:22 AM

Two years ago dude would have been cleared.

Dawgbite
08-18-2016, 10:23 AM
So, the player is a victim? Wonder where that idea came from?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-18-2016, 10:26 AM

If they or anybody believes this than I can't help you. This is complete BS. You mean to tell me an academic advisor at an SEC university failed get the necessary classes for who would have been their featured back? Come on. I think it is this:

https://s3.postimg.org/ihxxdy32r/Screen_Shot_2016_08_18_at_10_11_18_AM.png

msstate7
08-18-2016, 10:28 AM

Well if you're into conspiracy theories, this kid chose between om and auburn (dirtiest programs in the sec). There's also an ongoing investigation, so... Who knows?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 10:30 AM
Same story is making the rounds on Nafoom, too.

Good...all we need now is the Clarion Ledger and Red Cup Rebellion to confirm and it has to be true****

If the story is true, how in the world can om let a senior miss his senior year due to an administrative error? Either they are inept and can put other kid's eligibility at risk or they don't give a shit anymore about Wilkins and cut him loose.

HancockCountyDog
08-18-2016, 10:30 AM
Guys, y'all are missing the boat on this story. We want it to be an academic adviser screw up. We want OM to be the reason this kid isn't eligible.

That way, we just have one more thing to bash into the heads of recruits about how they can't take care of their kids.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Well if you're into conspiracy theories, this kid chose between om and auburn (dirtiest programs in the sec). There's also an ongoing investigation, so... Who knows?

Aren't there other Memphis area kids that were involved with grade issues? Javon Robinson is one that comes to mind.

Beaver
08-18-2016, 10:35 AM

If true (which I seriously doubt), then that advisor needs t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶'̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶j̶e̶s̶u̶s̶'̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶F̶r̶e̶e̶z̶e̶ to be fired.

HancockCountyDog
08-18-2016, 10:48 AM
If true (which I seriously doubt), then that advisor needs t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶'̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶j̶e̶s̶u̶s̶'̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶F̶r̶e̶e̶z̶e̶ to be fired.

We want this to be true, Im not sure why people are fighting this story on our end. We want this story they are putting out there to be 100% fact.

Because then the story is that Ole Miss cannot keep it's players eligible despite this multi million dollar commitment to academics.

shannondawg
08-18-2016, 10:58 AM
I guess he didn't get the memo that you had to actually go to class now that they are under investigation.

Bubb Rubb
08-18-2016, 11:14 AM
THat does suck for him, but what kind of drooling window lickers do they hire for academic advisors? You have one job and that is to keep the players on the team eligible and you screw that up because you can't add up course credits correctly?

Being academically ineligible doesn't necessarily mean he didn't take enough credits or didn't make his grades. There can also be other, more dubious reasons...reasons for which a certain investigative group is currently sniffing around the program. Just sayin'.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-18-2016, 11:53 AM
They are the reason either way you look at it!

Jack Lambert
08-18-2016, 12:06 PM

I just told a Ole Miss guy I work with and he had a very serious oh shit look on his face. He was definitely distrubed about it.

spiral
08-18-2016, 12:18 PM
om response:

"An appeal was filed with the NCAA for Jordan's reinstatement based on an administrative error but was denied this week," the school said in a statement. "The athletics department takes full responsibility and holds itself accountable when situations like this occur with our student-athletes. We will support Jordan to the fullest during this time and look forward to seeing him return to the field."

No kidding. Can't have him talking to anyone. You better keep supporting him.

On a side note: Wouldn't checking hours be the very first thing the academic advisor does!? hmmmm.

Dolphus Raymond
08-18-2016, 12:54 PM
To me, this just does not add up. You would think if the guy was just one hour short due to an error, the appeal to the NCAA for a waiver would would be a relatively routine process. I could be wrong, but I suspect there is more to the story.

ShotgunDawg
08-18-2016, 12:57 PM
To me, this just does not add up. You would think if the guy was just one hour short due to an error, the appeal to the NCAA for a waiver would would be a relatively routine process. I could be wrong, but I suspect there is more to the story.

Maybe the NCAA is just tired of their shit & this is the first action by the NCAA insinuating that the show is over

notsofarawaydawg
08-18-2016, 01:28 PM
om response:

"An appeal was filed with the NCAA for Jordan's reinstatement based on an administrative error but was denied this week," the school said in a statement. "The athletics department takes full responsibility and holds itself accountable when situations like this occur with our student-athletes. We will support Jordan to the fullest during this time and look forward to seeing him return to the field."

No kidding. Can't have him talking to anyone. You better keep supporting him.

On a side note: Wouldn't checking hours be the very first thing the academic advisor does!? hmmmm.

Not if you haven't had to worry about it in the past and the NCAA already has been digging deep into your file cabinets and servers.

Martianlander
08-18-2016, 01:54 PM
Maybe the NCAA is just tired of their shit & this is the first action by the NCAA insinuating that the show is over

+1

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2016, 02:02 PM
Wouldn't checking hours be the very first thing the academic advisor does!? hmmmm.

Must be the same person that filed the paperwork for Tunsil using the opportunity fund to pay mama's light bill.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-18-2016, 02:16 PM

There is...He was NEVER eligible academically.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 02:25 PM

I agree there is more to the story, but they have already applied for reinstatement and it was denied.

JoseBrown
08-18-2016, 02:57 PM

I would have to say, yeah(this is more than likely the case).

Leroy Jenkins
08-18-2016, 05:12 PM
Mistakes were made.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-18-2016, 06:11 PM
From all the stories online, it almost sounds like he was "processed" like Saban does at bama. Nah surely they wouldn't do that to a senior....right?

archdog
08-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Hell most were not academically illegible out of high school according to some. Still waiting for the NCAA to check into that and respond.

Todd4State
08-18-2016, 06:24 PM

If I remember I think Wilkins was going to go to Auburn and was rumored to be an academic risk. He commits to Ole Miss and magically is eligible.

Reason2succeed
08-18-2016, 07:17 PM
If they or anybody believes this than I can't help you. This is complete BS. You mean to tell me an academic advisor at an SEC university failed get the necessary classes for who would have been their featured back? Come on. I think it is this:

If this is true then OM is even more screwed than many of us thought. For some reason I had this violation lumped in with the Nutt era academic stuff. I figured that the academically ineligible players had already graduated and were gone. But if Wilkins is really the redacted player then the NCAA will draw a clear link between their academic cheating with Saunders under Nutt to this under Freeze.

Leroy Jenkins
08-18-2016, 07:26 PM

Madlibs is fun.