PDA

View Full Version : Fan Day this Saturday

spiral
08-17-2016, 03:52 PM
I've never been.

I will be in Starkville this weekend with a 16 and a 17 year old. Is Fan Day worth attending for those ages or is it more directed to smaller children? All photos online seem to be of small children. It also looks like it may be a lot of herding people through Disney World type lines. Any information on what to expect or tips about it would be appreciated.

MSUDawg99
08-17-2016, 03:54 PM
I've never been either, but got that same impression. They'll give you a FB poster & you'll go down the line & get players auto's & pics & such. It may be cool if they're interested in meeting any of the players in person. Otherwise, maybe not.

DoctorDawg
08-17-2016, 04:09 PM
It was reaaly packed the last two years because of Dak. It is fun to see all of the players. The best part of the whole deal is the sale that goes on in the coliseum. All of the team gear is priced ridiculously cheap, but I don't know if they do it every year. It is worth the trip if they are having it.

gravedigger
08-17-2016, 04:17 PM
I've never been.

I will be in Starkville this weekend with a 16 and a 17 year old. Is Fan Day worth attending for those ages or is it more directed to smaller children? All photos online seem to be of small children. It also looks like it may be a lot of herding people through Disney World type lines. Any information on what to expect or tips about it would be appreciated.

If youve never been its ok. Your teenagers will become bored due to the lines.

archdog
08-17-2016, 04:21 PM
Fan day is really crowded, I would rather have it in the stadium and have the players come out pep rally style and the kids gget to hear them speak. OM doesn't like that idea, because some of their guys cannot speak intelligently, nor read. Shots fired, ACT cheaters.

MadDawg
08-17-2016, 04:57 PM
We went last year and just decided the lines were too long and left. We did buy some cool gear at the "garage sale" they had in the Hump, though.

justin
08-17-2016, 07:09 PM
They usually have a couple of games like a football toss, a bouncy house and face painting. A 16 and 17 year old are unlikely to be interested in any of the extra stuff. So it comes down to do they want to stand in line for an hour or two to get autographs. And it is usually very crowded and hot.