PDA

View Full Version : According to 247 Bama has 15 Five Stars and 37 Four Stars on roster.

Jack Lambert
08-17-2016, 11:11 AM
That should be 37 four stars. If Mod would help me out with that.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

TUSK
08-17-2016, 11:30 AM
That should be 37 four stars. If Mod would help me out with that.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

Yep, it was "18/40something" at some point last year... It's a friggin' machine, over there...

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2016, 11:34 AM
Kind of makes you wonder what the point of college football is. I'll give Ole Miss this: the entire system begs for programs that are committed to winning to cheat.

When MSU and Ole Miss are compared to Bama:

1. Similar schedules
2. Similar facilities
3. Similar academics
4. Similar overall coaching compared to all of football
5. Similar recent track record (at least MSU) of preparing adequately talented players for the NFL.
6. Bama has a better tradition of winning and a bigger stadium.

Question is: why is point #6 all that matters to recruits?

Duckdog
08-17-2016, 11:46 AM
#money

Beaver
08-17-2016, 11:48 AM

1. Similar schedules
2. Similar facilities
3. Similar academics -- Bama is getting much more competitive since so many students want to go there. Average incoming freshman are smarter than before Saban
4. Similar overall coaching compared to all of football -- Saban has 5 championship rings... Mullen/Freeze don't even have a SEC west title.
5. Similar recent track record (at least MSU) of preparing adequately talented players for the NFL.

Because winning is more fun than losing. Bama is a national program with a huge alumni base, huge fanbase, and massive athletic budget. On top of that, T-town (to a 17/18 year old) seems much bigger with more stuff to do than Oxford or Starkville. I hate that it's that way, but it's just reality.

1bigdawg
08-17-2016, 11:50 AM
I believe that we can use this in recruiting, especially 4 star guys. We put a higher percentage of 4 star guys in the NFL than Bama (assumption).

Joe Schmedlap
08-17-2016, 11:54 AM
It's Saban more than anything. Dude's a machine and no one is challenging the University of Alabama until Saban retires or moves elsewhere. And it's also money. Money is to be had everywhere in the SEC, but Bama has more than the rest.

Dallas_Dawg
08-17-2016, 11:56 AM
No salary cap in college

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2016, 11:58 AM
Kind of makes you wonder what the point of college football is. I'll give Ole Miss this: the entire system begs for programs that are committed to winning to cheat.

1. Similar schedules
2. Similar facilities
3. Similar academics

#6 isn't all they care about. Both OM & MSU have made great strides in facilities but Bama's are still a cut above. You can't say overall coaching is similar because you have a coach with 5 National Championship rings vs a guy with 2 as an assistant but none as a head coach & another coach who has none as an assistant or head coach.

The big deal with kids is getting them to the NFL & that's where Saban & Bama can kill OM & MSU. Just since Mullen's 1st year the # of 1st rd picks & draft picks total goes like this MSU 2 1st Rd picks (21 total) OM 5 1st Rd picks (17 total) Bama 18 1st Rd picks (55 total). Not only are they winning they're sending kids to the league. That's what kids see & it's not close.

gtowndawg
08-17-2016, 12:05 PM
I blame Hevesy...and Obama.

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2016, 12:09 PM
#6 isn't all they care about. Both OM & MSU have made great strides in facilities but Bama's are still a cut above. You can't say overall coaching is similar because you have a coach with 5 National Championship rings vs a guy with 2 as an assistant but none as a head coach & another coach who has none as an assistant or head coach.

The big deal with kids is getting them to the NFL & that's where Saban & Bama can kill OM & MSU. Just since Mullen's 1st year the # of 1st rd picks & draft picks total goes like this MSU 2 1st Rd picks (21 total) OM 5 1st Rd picks (17 total) Bama 18 1st Rd picks (55 total). Not only are they winning they're sending kids to the league. That's what kids see & it's not close.

Of course they send more guys to the NFL, they have 15 5 star players and 30+ 4 stars. Would be interesting to see the per capita of players they put in the NFL. At what point do depth charts come into the equation?

Also, as for academics, we are splitting hairs. Neither one of us are Harvard and neither one a JUCO. An MSU degree andAlabama degree offer basically the same opportunities in life depending on where you live

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2016, 12:13 PM
Of course they send more guys to the NFL, they have 15 5 star players and 30+ 4 stars. Would be interesting to see the per capita of players they put in the NFL. At what point do depth charts come into the equation?

Also, as for academics, we are splitting hairs. Neither one of us are Harvard and neither one a JUCO. An MSU degree andAlabama degree offer basically the same opportunities in life depending on where you live

All these kids think they are the next big thing so a lot of the high end talent don't care about the depth chart. They don't care who is there they figure they will play. Again 17-18yr old kids not going to care about per capita all they see is 18 1st rd picks since '09 & Saban saying you could be next.

I didn't mention academics. I agree they are similar.

Bothrops
08-17-2016, 12:31 PM
Wasn't Simmons a 5* on 247?

MetEdDawg
08-17-2016, 12:31 PM
I believe that we can use this in recruiting, especially 4 star guys. We put a higher percentage of 4 star guys in the NFL than Bama (assumption).

Here's what makes me mad about Bama. Everyone says Bama puts so many guys in the NFL. Well duh. They get the most talented people year in and year out in the country. If you aren't putting the most talented people in the country in the next level, you aren't doing something right.

What kids never pay attention to is growth. Why does Bama have so many juniors leave? They were already sophomore talent when they got to Bama. 2 or 3 years of starting reps when you are already at that level means you can go. But look at us. When develop kids way more than possibly any school in the country. There aren't any schools developing talent at the level we are in my opinion. We've got more 2 and 3 star kids making impacts in the NFL from the last 3-4 years than probably any other college in the country. But the highly rated kids usually never see that. They see stars and prestige and leave early, and fame. They almost never see hard work, growth, work ethic, and accountability. It's a fine line and thus far under Mullen, we've shown that we develop better than any other team at least in the SEC.

HSVDawg
08-17-2016, 12:36 PM

1. Similar schedules
2. Similar facilities
3. Similar academics

Literal LOL to number 2. Alabama's facilities dwarf those at both MSU and OM on about the same scale as our facilities dwarf those at USM and Sun Belt schools. You even acknowledge that in #6 when you mention the bigger stadium, and nothing is more of an impact facilities-wise than the stadium.

#5 is also hard to prove. Alabama has had way more players drafted than we have. Its hard to say on a percentage basis as to how many more "adequately talented" players they have had. I will concede however that I don't think there is some magic secret to developing NFL talent. Either the player has it or they don't. The rest is just making sure they put forth the same effort in the weight room, practice field, and classroom as the less talented players to ensure they develop to their potential.

cheewgumm
08-17-2016, 12:37 PM
I see it like this...

You have to CHEAT long enough, and get away with it to build your name. Once you get "there", you can recruit semi-legitimately and win recruiting battles. This is how I see Bama. They cheated a lot long ago, to build what they are now. Now, they probably still cheat, but I bet it's not close to Ole Miss U.

Now, Ole Miss U was trying to do what Bama did long ago. They were in the "cheat first to get 'there'" stage. It just didn't work out for them, and now they are going back to "normal".

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2016, 12:38 PM
Here's what makes me mad about Bama. Everyone says Bama puts so many guys in the NFL. Well duh. They get the most talented people year in and year out in the country. If you aren't putting the most talented people in the country in the next level, you aren't doing something right.

What kids never pay attention to is growth. Why does Bama have so many juniors leave? They were already sophomore talent when they got to Bama. 2 or 3 years of starting reps when you are already at that level means you can go. But look at us. When develop kids way more than possibly any school in the country. There aren't any schools developing talent at the level we are in my opinion. We've got more 2 and 3 star kids making impacts in the NFL from the last 3-4 years than probably any other college in the country. But the highly rated kids usually never see that. They see stars and prestige and leave early, and fame. They almost never see hard work, growth, work ethic, and accountability. It's a fine line and thus far under Mullen, we've shown that we develop better than any other team at least in the SEC.

Excellent post. My points in a nut shell. It's frustrating that so many are blind to this.

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2016, 12:39 PM
Literal LOL to number 2. Alabama's facilities dwarf those at both MSU and OM on about the same scale as our facilities dwarf those at USM and Sun Belt schools. You even acknowledge that in #6 when you mention the bigger stadium, and nothing is more of an impact facilities-wise than the stadium.

#5 is also hard to prove. Alabama has had way more players drafted than we have. Its hard to say on a percentage basis as to how many more "adequately talented" players they have had. I will concede however that I don't think there is some magic secret to developing NFL talent. Either the player has it or they don't. The rest is just making sure they put forth the same effort in the weight room, practice field, and classroom as the less talented players to ensure they develop to their potential.

Other than more seats us the stadium, what does Bama have facilities wise that is or Ole Miss don't? Ready go....

Why am I having to convince MSU fans that MSU is a special place? For 17s sake

Irondawg
08-17-2016, 12:42 PM
Look at the recent OM draft class as some proof. They got 3 guys that were the #1 ranked player at their position and magically all 3 were 1st round picks. Usually you'll have some bust and you could argue that RK fell further than he originally projected but basically it shows that top end talent shows through regardless of where you go. Tunsil was hurt all the time, Treadwell had a major injury and RK had tons of off the field flags but the raw talent was there and that's what NFL GM's are after.

So if you can start getting that talent level there, the 1st round picks are going to rack up.

cheewgumm
08-17-2016, 12:43 PM
you don't have to convince us that State is good. We love State.

However, if Bama plays in the NC every year,. that is something to contend with. It's also almost a fact. It's something to strive for and it's not a put down of State.

Ifyouonlyknew
Other than more seats us the stadium, what does Bama have facilities wise that is or Ole Miss don't? Ready go....

Nobody is saying MSU isn't a special place but you're reaching on some of what you call similarities. We know Davis Wade is great when it's rocking but to a 17-18yr old kid saying come play in front of 100k sounds so much bigger than saying 65k. That's not a slight to MSU it's just facts.

ShotgunDawg
I mean, looks at Michigan State for example, they've built an excellent program, have won, and have by all indications elite coaching. Yet, Michigan stinks for a half decade, hire Harbagh, and immediately leap frog Michigan State. Why?

Why didn't recruits buy into Michigan State?

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2016, 12:45 PM
Nobody is saying MSU isn't a special place but you're reaching on some of what you call similarities. We know Davis Wade is great when it's rocking but to a 17-18yr old kid saying come play in front of 100k sounds so much bigger than saying 65k. That's not a slight to MSU it's just facts.

Doesn't make a difference in basketball, baseball, or any other sport. Why football?

IYOK, I get what your saying, but I'm way past where your thinking is right now. I don't need to be educated. I'm pointing out how silly it is.

Liverpooldawg
08-17-2016, 01:00 PM

1. Similar schedules
2. Similar facilities
3. Similar academics

Why do you even have to asks that question? It is an answer in itself.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2016, 01:00 PM
Doesn't make a difference in basketball, baseball, or any other sport. Why football?

IYOK, I get what your saying, but I'm way past where your thinking is right now. I don't need to be educated. I'm pointing out how silly it is.

Because you're looking through a grown man's eyes & perspective. These are 16-18yr old kids. The shinier, bigger, flashier things are usually going to win out. Much like they would have for me at that age.

HSVDawg
08-17-2016, 01:11 PM

First off, saying that "other than the stadium, what else is better?" when talking about facilities is like saying "other than your husband being shot, how was the play Ms. Lincoln?" The stadium is THE facility that matters more than anything. But if you want something else, google photos of their new weighlifting and training facility. Their IPF is also a good bit better than ours but maybe not OM's (mainly because our IPF is crap). How big of a deal all that is to recruits is debateable, but there is no way you can say the facilities are similar.

This is not a slight towards MSU. Bama's facilities dwarf 99% of other programs in the nation also, with Oregon, Texas A&M, and maybe one or two others being the only ones that can compare. MSU's have also come a long way over the years, but they aren't Bama's. MSU is certainly a special place but the above remains true regardless.

Beaver
08-17-2016, 01:59 PM
Another thing with young kids is 'status' -- having lots of twitter followers...videos on hudi/youtube, instagram, etc... Kids want to make themselves look like they're Michael Jordan. Think about Treadwell posting the image of him with all the $$$. Going to Alabama just looks better in the eyes of their peers than going to MSU or OM. I think OM has done well for themselves recently because their fanbase is all about 'status'. Kids want to be worshiped, and OM worships recruits.

ckDOG
08-17-2016, 02:10 PM
That list makes me feel a little better about recruiting. We average a 85.6. Clearly getting out classed by those top 8-10. Below that? I'm not buying into how precise the rankings are when we are talking an 88.8 for #11 and 85.6 for #28. If your coaching staff is taking that 85.6 and creating depth and experience across the board, you have a solid chance at being a top 20 program. Are we going to be elite at current recruiting levels? No. Could we get there? Maybe. Not likely with our resources and location. Put up enough 8-10 win seasons in a row and we could possibly get there, but it's going to take a while. I have my issues with some things that Mullen does, but he's been building the program for long term success. He's an excellent overall personnel manager.

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2016, 02:28 PM
If you aren't putting the most talented people in the country in the next level, you aren't doing something right.

CJ Johnson approves of this message.

HSVDawg
08-17-2016, 02:40 PM
I mean, looks at Michigan State for example, they've built an excellent program, have won, and have by all indications elite coaching. Yet, Michigan stinks for a half decade, hire Harbagh, and immediately leap frog Michigan State. Why?

Why didn't recruits buy into Michigan State?

What? You do realize that Michigan State was in the CFP last year (and beat Michigan in Ann Arbor). And Michigan State has won 11 games or more in something like 5 out of the last 6 seasons. In what universe has Michigan passed them?

MCsMGs
08-17-2016, 02:44 PM
The only thing that amazes me about those numbers is that Bama isn't more dominant than they are...

thf24
08-17-2016, 02:46 PM
The problem is that it's become a self-sustaining cycle that's hard to break; impossible even as long as circumstances remain the same. Top recruits who can go anywhere they want see Bama as their best chance to play for and win a national title, which isn't going to change as long as Bama keeps playing for and winning national titles, and the cycle continues. That's the main pull they have over us; everything else is probably fairly insignificant. I don't see it stopping any time soon outside of NCAA trouble (which they don't need to put themselves in danger of at this point) or a horrendously bad hire after Saban decides to call it quits.

MCsMGs
08-17-2016, 02:50 PM
Look at the recent OM draft class as some proof. They got 3 guys that were the #1 ranked player at their position and magically all 3 were 1st round picks. Usually you'll have some bust and you could argue that RK fell further than he originally projected but basically it shows that top end talent shows through regardless of where you go.

Yep!!!

You could further reduce that to just "talent"...every time I look at a NFL roster, a good portion of the players went to schools I've never heard of.

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2016, 02:58 PM
What? You do realize that Michigan State was in the CFP last year (and beat Michigan in Ann Arbor). And Michigan State has won 11 games or more in something like 5 out of the last 6 seasons. In what universe has Michigan passed them?

Michigan is recruiting on a different level right now. They are a significantly better bet to win national title in the next 5 years than Michigan State. Not sure why Michigan just bypassed them in recruiting though.

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2016, 02:59 PM
The problem is that it's become a self-sustaining cycle that's hard to break; impossible even as long as circumstances remain the same. Top recruits who can go anywhere they want see Bama as their best chance to play for and win a national title, which isn't going to change as long as Bama keeps playing for and winning national titles, and the cycle continues. That's the main pull they have over us; everything else is probably fairly insignificant. I don't see it stopping any time soon outside of NCAA trouble (which they don't need to put themselves in danger of at this point) or a horrendously bad hire after Saban decides to call it quits.

Great post

RocketDawg
08-17-2016, 03:08 PM

1. Similar schedules
2. Similar facilities
3. Similar academics

It's not. Bama has all the National Championships, get plenty of publicity, and recruits flock to that sort of thing.

HSVDawg
08-17-2016, 03:18 PM
Michigan is recruiting on a different level right now. They are a significantly better bet to win national title in the next 5 years than Michigan State. Not sure why Michigan just bypassed them in recruiting though.

Michigan didn't "just now" pass them in recruiting. Go look at the 247 recruiting rankings over the last 5 years. Michigan has finished way ahead of Michigan State in 4 out of those 5 years, with the only exception being in 2015 when Michigan had the transition class between Brady Hoke and Harbaugh. Michigan also finished in the Top 10 in 3 of those 5 years with Michigan State finishing in the top 10 just once and outside of the top 30 multiple times. The current 2017 class rankings tell the same story, which is that Michigan isn't recruiting on any different of a level than they did before Harbaugh arrived (excluding 2015). Shitty coaching hires held Michigan back for the last several years, but they always had the talent. And the reasons they always had it are the same as the reason Alabama always has it, those being superior facilities and a tradition of being one of the winningest programs in college football history.

BB30
08-17-2016, 03:18 PM
I don't think national championships are necessarily the end all be all for these kids. Most probably want to win a championship or two while playing but I think the biggest draw is playing in the league after. We have done a pretty decent job at that the last few years. Still it remains you go to Alabama you will play with better talent which equals more scouts in the stands come game day. A by product of that is obviously winning more championships and I think that is where the coaching comes in to play. Saban does an unbelievable job of managing egos and getting kids to buy in to the system.

Reason2succeed
08-17-2016, 03:38 PM
I blame Hevesy...and Obama.

One of those doesn't deserve nearly the blame that he gets. I'll let you figure out which one.***

thf24
08-17-2016, 03:45 PM
Most probably want to win a championship or two while playing but I think the biggest draw is playing in the league after. We have done a pretty decent job at that the last few years. Still it remains you go to Alabama you will play with better talent which equals more scouts in the stands come game day.

I disagree. In the modern era of mass media coverage and fast, easy travel, NFL-caliber players will get noticed no matter where they play in the P5. The type of recruits at the top of Bama and the handful of other elite schools' boards know they're NFL-bound no matter where they go. Prospects a step down who have a little work to do to get to the NFL are better served by going to less talent-laden schools where they have a better chance for reps and getting on the field.

Reason2succeed
08-17-2016, 03:56 PM
Alabama is always going to recruit well. The question is how do we recruit better with out getting busted like OM. Mullen just answered a lot of those questions with the new staff on AND off field. Next we just have to be patient and consistent. Continue raising our profile by winning consistently and getting our name out there. We need to continue improving our facilities. It's not too early to ask Fletcher Cox and Darius Slay to give us some money to build a new football only indoor practice facility. (I think it would be cool to have a bubble like the Houston Texans have but that's just me.)

Here is where OM has been killing us:

WE NEED TO IMPROVE OUR PR!!!!

Our local newspaper treats us like crap which gives license to ESPN and other media outlets to do the same.

archdog
08-17-2016, 04:19 PM
First off, saying that "other than the stadium, what else is better?" when talking about facilities is like saying "other than your husband being shot, how was the play Ms. Lincoln?" The stadium is THE facility that matters more than anything. But if you want something else, google photos of their new weighlifting and training facility. Their IPF is also a good bit better than ours but maybe not OM's (mainly because our IPF is crap). How big of a deal all that is to recruits is debateable, but there is no way you can say the facilities are similar.

This is not a slight towards MSU. Bama's facilities dwarf 99% of other programs in the nation also, with Oregon, Texas A&M, and maybe one or two others being the only ones that can compare. MSU's have also come a long way over the years, but they aren't Bama's. MSU is certainly a special place but the above remains true regardless.

Oregon's are better than Alabamas. Better football facility, better stadium, better equipment, better school because they are not douchebags.

blacklistedbully
08-17-2016, 07:35 PM
That list makes me feel a little better about recruiting. We average a 85.6. Clearly getting out classed by those top 8-10. Below that? I'm not buying into how precise the rankings are when we are talking an 88.8 for #11 and 85.6 for #28. If your coaching staff is taking that 85.6 and creating depth and experience across the board, you have a solid chance at being a top 20 program. Are we going to be elite at current recruiting levels? No. Could we get there? Maybe. Not likely with our resources and location. Put up enough 8-10 win seasons in a row and we could possibly get there, but it's going to take a while. I have my issues with some things that Mullen does, but he's been building the program for long term success. He's an excellent overall personnel manager.

TCU & Baylor are two programs that have managed to change-the-perception. Granted, Baylor is about to take a dump, but the point is...it's not impossile to reach the upper echelon. You've got to win a lot and do it consistently, but you can get there.

TUSK
08-17-2016, 07:45 PM

Yeah, that was inaccurate, at best...

1. Similar schedules - Yes.
2. Similar facilities - No... just no... take out the stadiums and the answer is... No.
3. Similar academics - Both schools have their "pet" programs... "similar" is fair.
4. Similar overall coaching compared to all of football... arguable.
5. Similar recent track record (at least MSU) of preparing adequately talented players for the NFL. - I'd have to run the numbers for a fair, ratio-based comparison.
6. Bama has a better tradition of winning and a bigger stadium. - Yes.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-17-2016, 10:32 PM
The real reason Bama is two steps above everybody else...BEAR BRYANT. Bama has 26 SEC titles 13 NCs (SEC era) and half of those belong to the Bear. He built the battleship known as Bama from 1958 - 1982. Meanwhile State was suffering through the terrible 60's and being hammered by the NCAA in the 70's. Bama did go through it's own dark ages (at least in Bama terms) during 1997 - 2006 from DuBose thru Kines as they only had 1 SEC championship during that time. Then the Dark Lord appeared in 2007 and all was well again in Bama nation with 5 SEC championships and 4 NCs.

So the bottom line is that a bigger than life head coach wins championships and championships win recruits. As long as Saban is coach, Bama will continue to bring in 5 & 4 star recruits and the cycle will continue.

TUSK
08-17-2016, 11:49 PM
The real reason Bama is two steps above everybody else...BEAR BRYANT. Bama has 26 SEC titles 13 NCs (SEC era) and half of those belong to the Bear. He built the battleship known as Bama from 1958 - 1982. Meanwhile State was suffering through the terrible 60's and being hammered by the NCAA in the 70's. Bama did go through it's own dark ages (at least in Bama terms) during 1997 - 2006 from DuBose thru Kines as they only had 1 SEC championship during that time. Then the Dark Lord appeared in 2007 and all was well again in Bama nation with 5 SEC championships and 4 NCs.

So the bottom line is that a bigger than life head coach wins championships and championships win recruits. As long as Saban is coach, Bama will continue to bring in 5 & 4 star recruits and the cycle will continue.

Granted, it's super duper old, but Bammer was a powerhouse pre-Bear (as a coach)... Some argue Bama put southern football on the map...

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2016, 11:56 PM
2. Similar facilities - No... just no... take out the stadiums and the answer is... No. OK, tell me about your better facilities. Be specific
3. Similar academics - Both schools have their "pet" programs... "similar" is fair. Both offer similar opportunities in life. We aren't JUCO & we ain't Harvard

Here are MSU's football facilities since I doubt you've ever checked them out.

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/51266/file-14426239-jpg/images/leo_seal_jr._football_complex.jpg
http://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/image002.jpghttp://adventresults.com/content/uploads/2013/07/MSU_MainEntry.jpg
http://adventresults.com/content/uploads/2013/07/MSU_LRext2.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3f/18/ef/3f18ef64b71124b72923f378958047b4.jpg
http://adventresults.com/content/uploads/2013/07/MSU_LR_logo.jpg
http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2014/10/09/3fd378d4b6c7fc27610f6a706700e6cb_c0-142-4704-2884_s885x516.jpg?64b84d1e3ac72a25c16111cd0e1c9b95 3a6c36aa
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee159/JCStrutz/Roadfood3/Picture12809.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N7QDzPSbpcg/TmLsGIVMbvI/AAAAAAAABeM/KlnLMD7fZXQ/s1600/DSC05232.JPG

TUSK
08-18-2016, 12:05 AM
2. Similar facilities - No... just no... take out the stadiums and the answer is... No. OK, tell me about your better facilities. Be specific
3. Similar academics - Both schools have their "pet" programs... "similar" is fair. Both offer similar opportunities in life. We aren't JUCO & we ain't Harvard

here's a link (I'm not gonna do a lot of research for a "water is wet" argument).... http://www.rolltide.com/sports/2016/6/10/facilities-football-facilities-html.aspx

I said your assessment regarding academics was "fair"... not sure why you want to argue that point... while Bammer is rated higher (overall) academically, I think both schools have areas in which they excel...

ShotgunDawg
08-18-2016, 12:23 AM
here's a link (I'm not gonna do a lot of research for a "water is wet" argument).... http://www.rolltide.com/sports/2016/6/10/facilities-football-facilities-html.aspx

Typical response on this subject. I asked for a specific answer, & you just passed it off to me to do the research.

I've already seen your facilities. Hell, I've been in most of them personally. Yes they are nice, really nice, but MSU's are also really really nice. I keep waiting for specific examples of, other than more seats in the stadium, where Bama's facilities are actually better than MSU's. I realize the perception, but is that perception reality or is it an assumption?

However, in the end, what I'm getting at is that there is a self-fulfilling cycle in recruiting that is almost exclusively based on recruits choosing to attend the schools that win the most &, due to that, have the biggest stadiums.

I really wish you could spend time as an MSU fan for 1 year just to understand the frustration that exists in fact that recruits don't make logical, mature decisions that are ultimately best for their future, but rather continue to make the same decisions & allow the rich to get richer & the same teams to win year in & year out just because they won in the past & have a bigger stadium.

You and I argue about this every year at this time. I think this is at least the third straight year.

TUSK
08-18-2016, 12:46 AM
Typical response on this subject. I asked for a specific answer, & you just passed it off to me to do the research.

I've already seen your facilities. Hell, I've been in most of them personally. Yes they are nice, really nice, but MSU's are also really really nice. I keep waiting for specific examples of, other than more seats in the stadium, where Bama's facilities are actually better than MSU's. I realize the perception, but is that perception reality or is it an assumption?

However, in the end, what I'm getting at is that there is a self-fulfilling cycle in recruiting that is almost exclusively based on recruits choosing to attend the schools that win the most &, due to that, have the biggest stadiums.

I really wish you could spend time as an MSU fan for 1 year just to understand the frustration that exists in fact that recruits don't make logical, mature decisions that are ultimately best for their future, but rather continue to make the same decisions & allow the rich to get richer & the same teams to win year in & year out just because they won in the past & have a bigger stadium.

You and I argue about this every year at this time. I think this is at least the third straight year.

Of course I passed the research off to you... you made the assertion...

And I never said MSU's facilities weren't "nice".... (most) every SEC program has nice facilities...

Is it my fault my ole man reared me as a Bammer? Should I check my Bammer privilege?

I agree with a lot of what you say, 'Gun.... we will just have to disagree, on this particular subject...

Sienfield
08-18-2016, 06:59 AM
It's George Bush's fault.

Reason2succeed
08-18-2016, 07:41 AM
It's George Bush's fault.

George W Bush

TUSK
08-18-2016, 12:16 PM
George W Bush

nice.

Bulldog Lives Matter.*