PDA

View Full Version : One thing that will be interesting....

Liverpooldawg
08-17-2016, 09:24 AM
to see about this year's football team is the leadership factor. I'm talking about within the team, not the coaches. For this team, as with any team, to have a shot at being good leadership has to emerge. There is no question who the leader was the last few years. He apparently was a strong one too. Sometimes that isn't replaced right away when you lose it. I've been around a pretty good high school program for a long time now. I've seen it go both ways when a strong leader or leaders graduate. Sometimes a talented team kind of drifts for a while after it happens. That is always reflected in the results. It's something that coaches have a very limited impact on. It has to come from within the team. Hopefully we have some guys who will step into that roll, or more likely, those rolls.

Dawgtini
08-17-2016, 12:05 PM
Richie Brown's beard should be able to fill any void.

HoopsDawg
08-17-2016, 12:10 PM
QB is the key position of leadership. It's hard for someone to be the leader when we don't know who the QB is. I think it's important for Dan to name the starter after the next scrimmage.

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2016, 02:38 PM
QB is the key position of leadership. It's hard for someone to be the leader when we don't know who the QB is. I think it's important for Dan to name the starter after the next scrimmage.

Agree 100%. He needs to name a starter so that the team can rally around him and that player can start exuding leadership

lastmajordog
08-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Some players just need a chance....I always heard MarDEE McDole could not catch SHIITE Muslim in practice, but once he got in a game he took over....before...during....and after the catch. I know most are too young to remember him but if you can go back and look at some old video. There was a reciever for JWS that was also awesome and would/could take a team on his back. Billy Jackson was a freshman def end......well......ask Tusk what he did when he got in....

RocketDawg
08-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Agree 100%. He needs to name a starter so that the team can rally around him and that player can start exuding leadership

Bama has the same issue. I heard some of their fans today saying that Saban might start a true freshman at QB.

Reason2succeed
08-17-2016, 04:19 PM

Now y'all know dang well that ain't gonna happen!!! You're just setting yourself up for something else to be mad about next week.

Mullen has put multiple QBs into the NFL. I'm going to defer to his judgment on when he "needs" to name a starting QB.

We should all know by now that we won't know who the starter is going to be until after the South Alabama game. And I agree because you want to see who can perform when the lights come on and real bullets are flying as they say. One of these guys may be a gamer and another may crumble under the pressure of 65K fans.