PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a guess at the two deep right now? Here is mine...

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2016, 07:46 PM
QB: Fitz/Damien
RB:Holloway/Aeris
FB: Shump
WR: Ross/Jesse Jackson
WR: Gray/Dedrick Thomas
Slot: Dear/Myles
TE: Johnson/Green
LT: Senior/Jenkins
LG: Calhoun/Story
C: Clayborn/Jocquell
RG: Desper/Darryl Williams
RT : Rankin/Jenkins

Defense

LE: AJ/Simmoms
NT: James/Adams
RE: Calvin/Fletcher
Viper: Green/Mullins
ILB: Richie/???
ILB: Lewis/????
OLB: JT/Jung
CB: Jiles/Graham
CB: Cleveland/Durr
S: Bryant/ McLaurin
S: Coman/Peters

In preparing this, we are sneaky thin at ILB. I'm not sure who we play there, my guess is that Green would move over.

We have too much depth at RB.

We need a third WR to step up on the outside, I'm hoping its Jesse Jackson.

Who is our 4th OT? We have three that can play, would love to see a 4th develop.

lamont
08-16-2016, 08:08 PM
I'm hearing Ross is still in the Slot- Myles has moved outside. Dear backs up Ross.

lamont
08-16-2016, 08:09 PM
Chairs plays ILB

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2016, 08:13 PM
Chairs plays ILB

I actually had to look him up on the MSU website, no idea who he was.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-16-2016, 08:14 PM
Chairs plays ILB

Chairs & Josiah Phillips both were awarded scholarships yesterday.

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2016, 08:17 PM
Chairs & Josiah Phillips both were awarded scholarships yesterday.

Great for them, but that kind of shoes what I just said about our ILB depth is pretty shallow. I couldn't find a non walk on to put at either ILB spot.

spiritual_machine2005
08-16-2016, 08:18 PM
Isn't Tim Washington an ILB?

confucius say
08-16-2016, 08:19 PM
Great for them, but that kind of shoes what I just said about our ILB depth is pretty shallow. I couldn't find a non walk on to put at either ILB spot.

I heard one of the beat guys on bsr last week say Tim Washington was backing up Leo. Supposedly Tim is 20 pounds heavier than a year ago. Take that fwiw

Ifyouonlyknew
08-16-2016, 08:20 PM

Tim Washington is Leo backup & Gerri still gets backup ILB reps when he's not at Viper.

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2016, 08:21 PM
Tim Washington is Leo backup & Gerri still gets backup ILB reps when he's not at Viper.

That's what I figured, I think my point remains, we are sneaky thin at ILB.

msstate7
08-16-2016, 08:21 PM
If we're so thin at ilb, Erroll Thompson redshirting a forgone conclusion?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-16-2016, 08:23 PM
If we're so thin at ilb, Erroll Thompson redshirting a forgone conclusion?

Very good point. He could be in line for reps.

Reason2succeed
08-16-2016, 08:25 PM
What about Dez Harris? Isn't he healthy again?

LC Dawg
08-16-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm hearing Ross is still in the Slot- Myles has moved outside. Dear backs up Ross.
I heard that too. What's your thoughts on this? If it stays this way who starts on the outside? Gray and Myles?

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2016, 08:30 PM
I heard that too. What's your thoughts on this? If it stays this way who starts on the outside? Gray and Myles?

I like moving Ross back inside & letting Myles & Gray run the outside. Ross is your most polished receiver & a great safety blanket for a young QB. My only issue is that I hope this doesn't mean Dear will be playing less. He's a player

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2016, 08:31 PM
I thought Rankin was running 1st team LT?

Homedawg
08-16-2016, 08:37 PM

He is.

Political Hack
08-16-2016, 08:41 PM
Myles is too good not to be in a lot, but we do have a lot of quality depth at WR right now.

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2016, 08:45 PM

Is senior over at RT?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-16-2016, 08:51 PM
Is senior over at RT?

Yep

lamont
08-16-2016, 08:53 PM

Yes- 1st group is Myles, Gray, and Ross. A very good SEC starting group of WR's- top 5 for sure

The subs after that are spotty. Not much top half SEC depth here except in the slot with Dear and Mixon

Ifyouonlyknew
08-16-2016, 08:57 PM
Yes- 1st group is Myles, Gray, and Ross. A very good SEC starting group of WR's- top 5 for sure

The subs after that are spotty. Not much top half SEC depth here except in the slot with Dear and Mixon

Need Jesse Jackson or Jamal Couch preferably both to step up & provide some size & productivity on the outside.

LC Dawg
08-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Need Jesse Jackson or Jamal Couch preferably both to step up & provide some size & productivity on the outside.
I hope this happens. I'm a big fan of Jesse just because he's a quality kid and he caught a bad break with his knee injury in high school. I hope he can at least give us something close to what Fred Brown did in some nice receptions and downfield blocking.

preachermatt83
08-16-2016, 09:16 PM
We gonna be so bad on O they gonna let us play with 12?**

LC Dawg
08-16-2016, 09:29 PM
We gonna be so bad on O they gonna let us play with 12?**

Yep, because we lost Dak and we have no other talent**

Dawgfan77
08-17-2016, 07:24 AM

Spivey has turned some heads since spring.

HancockCountyDog
08-17-2016, 08:32 AM

Based off the responses it looks like this is more accurate:

QB: Fitz/Damien
RB:Holloway/Aeris
FB: Shump
WR: Myles/Jesse Jackson
WR: Gray/Dedrick Thomas
Slot: Ross/Dear
TE: Johnson/Green
LT: Rankinr/Jenkins
RT : Senior/Jenkins

Defense

NT: James/Adams
RE: Calvin/Fletcher
ILB: Richie/Tim Washington
ILB: Lewis/Gerri Green
CB: Cleveland/Durr

Strengths - DL, we have a few DL not listed in the two deep that plenty of playing experience. The starting LBs are really good. The safety group is well stocked, and also talented. Interested to see if Coman keeps Peters or McLaurin off the field. Slot WR is stacked with talent. RB depth is solid, not sure about how good they are, but we have bodies.

Weaknesses - OT isn't great. Senior is adequate and Rankin is an unknown. Hopefully Jenkins has made a big jump, because he was not ready last year. ILB depth isn't good. Washington hasn't proven anything, and I want to keep Green at Viper as opposed to moving him inside. We need someone to develop there. Outside WR needs to get ready in a hurry.

We should be able to play a bunch of people against South Alabama.

notoriousdog
08-17-2016, 10:33 AM
This is my wishful thinking 2-deep:
QB: Fitz/Tiano
RB: Holloway/Aeris AND Gibson
WR: Myles/D. Thomas
WR: Gray/Couch
Slot: Ross/Dear AND Mixon
TE: Johnson/Thomas
LT: Rankin/Senior
RT: Jenkins/Senior

Defense

NT: James/C. Thomas
RE: Calvin/F. Adams
ILB: Richie/Tim Washington
ILB: Lewis/Gerri Green
CB: Durr/Cleveland
NICKEL: Smitherman/Graham

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-17-2016, 11:10 AM
Do we expect Mullins to see the field at viper before Coleman? It was my understanding Coleman was the frontrunner to start before Green was moved over.

mic
08-17-2016, 01:28 PM
Very talented front 7 with very good players behind them..
Possible the most talented front 7 in a long time..

tireddawg
08-17-2016, 05:51 PM
Very talented front 7 with very good players behind them..
Possible the most talented front 7 in a long time..

I've heard this from a few folks. Is this the consensus of most?

mic
08-17-2016, 05:58 PM
Myles is too good not to be in a lot, but we do have a lot of quality depth at WR right now.

Agree ... And we don't have to be 10 deep at this position..
And before anyone starts with the tired "all we have are under 6'0 midgets " at the WR position.. Not saying it's not a good luxury to have a couple of Tall talented guys out there, but
Go look at who the top 10 or 15 fantasy WR are in the NFL.... Over half are 6'0 or under..