PDA

View Full Version : 2011 BR article on Freeze and Archie Manning...

DeviousDawg
08-16-2016, 11:07 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/971174-ole-miss-football-2011-with-hugh-freeze-hire-archie-manning-chooses-sides

"However, if Freeze is not able to overcome the gaping holes in his resume?for instance, no BCS school experience sans his time on former Rebel coach Ed Orgeron?s staff (whose teams didn?t beat dirt out of a rug)?and find a way to defeat the other teams in the NFC, pardon, SEC West, Freeze?s hire will just go down as another arrogant and narrow-minded choice by the collection of good ole boys that have been strangling the life out of the Ole Miss program for years while simultaneously patting themselves on the back.

And Archie Manning-the iconic redhead from Drew, MS that has epitomized the best that Ole Miss football has to offer the world both on and off the field-will be remembered as an accessory.

Manning and Glenn- who, by the way, had a preexisting personal relationship with Freeze?have talked a lot in the last 24 hours about Freeze's "it" factor.

Freeze himself talked about "it" in the presser on Monday, though his is a decidedly different type of "it."

Whatever "it" is, "it" is why Manning, et al. chose Freeze and created a highly suspect hiring process that doesn't pass the smell test and produces more cynicism than an Occupy Wall Street kumbaya.

Wherever "it" is, Freeze better find "it," mass produce "it" and make his new team- whose double-digit conference losing streak was stopped only by this season's end- breath, eat and sleep "it."

Otherwise, the "it" is going to hit the fan and end up all over Archie Manning's reputation."

I think it is obvious what "it" is now, and it is safe to say that it has hit the fan, BUT it has not ended up all over Archie's reputation yet, and it should.

It is so obvious that Archie is the puppeteer pulling all the strings in the background. He is the leader of the network. As Mississippi State fans we need to stop giving Archie the benefit of the doubt in all of this. He might be a good man, but it doesn't matter. He has lied and cheated and needs to be punished for it. Archie, along with Fed Ex executive Mike Glenn, chose both Freeze and Bjork as Head Coach and AD respectively. Does the NCAA have enough balls to face off with ole Arch? I guess we will see by late October.

Political Hack
08-16-2016, 11:19 AM
I like Archie. I don't care that he knowingly hired "it." It's unfortunate that he was the President of the National Football Foundation and that he hand picked the guy that will go down as the biggest cheater in the history NCAA head coaches. I do however think that should be enough to remove him from CBS, NFF, Playoff Committees, etc. . .

I could care less about his continued role with Ole Miss. If he keeps hiring guys like Freeze I hope he stays involved.

Funny how that article pretty much nailed this that far in advance. The author should write a Part 2 as soon as sanctions are announced and Freeze is suspended/show caused.

DeviousDawg
08-16-2016, 11:39 AM
I like Archie. I don't care that he knowingly hired "it." It's unfortunate that he was the President of the National Football Foundation and that he hand picked the guy that will go down as the biggest cheater in the history NCAA head coaches. I do however think that should be enough to remove him from CBS, NFF, Playoff Committees, etc. . .

I could care less about his continued role with Ole Miss. If he keeps hiring guys like Freeze I hope he stays involved.

Funny how that article pretty much nailed this that far in advance. The author should write a Part 2 as soon as sanctions are announced and Freeze is suspended/show caused.

Like I said, Archie may be a good guy, and I truly believe that he is. Also, he may have a damn good restaurant with the best gumbo in NOLA.. BUT, he should not be given a pass by MSU fans, he programmed and wrote the software for the Network, all he had to do was click "run" and watch everything fall into place. He is behind it all, and although he played for the Saints, and a lot of older state fans have a weird soft spot for him, we should also understand that he loves nothing more than cheating and beating MSU's ass.

As a person he may be good, but when it comes to the game of football and Ole Miss, he is the leader of our enemy.

Turfdawg67
08-16-2016, 06:03 PM
Like I said, Archie may be a good guy, and I truly believe that he is. Also, he may have a damn good restaurant with the best gumbo in NOLA.. BUT, he should not be given a pass by MSU fans, he programmed and wrote the software for the Network, all he had to do was click "run" and watch everything fall into place. He is behind it all, and although he played for the Saints, and a lot of older state fans have a weird soft spot for him, we should also understand that he loves nothing more than cheating and beating MSU's ass.

As a person he may be good, but when it comes to the game of football and Ole Miss, he is the leader of our enemy.

Hear hear! Nice job again DD!

K9 Avenger
08-16-2016, 08:00 PM

Good guy my ass...17 Archie

lamont
08-16-2016, 08:05 PM
wellllll, this is awkward. Devious Dawg is C34 according to Nafoom...and people are trying to accuse me of being The Legend himself even though I manage a Taco Bell for Taco Tuohy.

Weird things going on

LC Dawg
08-16-2016, 08:38 PM
I'm a long time Saints fan and I've always given Archie a pass and considered him a good guy but now I say **** him and every Manning. His goal is to put State back in "our place". He forgets that he came from a poor upbringing in Drew, MS and he would not be welcome in Oxford without serving someone their food or working on their car except for the fact that he could run and throw a football.

Duckdog
08-16-2016, 08:43 PM
Good guy my ass...17 Archie

For realz

M.Fillmore
08-16-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm a long time Saints fan and I've always given Archie a pass and considered him a good guy but now I say **** him and every Manning. His goal is to put State back in "our place". He forgets that he came from a poor upbringing in Drew, MS and he would not be welcome in Oxford without serving someone their food or working on their car except for the fact that he could run and throw a football.

+1

I seen it dawg
08-16-2016, 09:25 PM
**** those guys