PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are pulling for JSU this season?

Jack Lambert
08-16-2016, 09:32 AM
I really never had much interest but now I do. I am going to follow them pretty close. I have always semi followed Alcorn. They are a lot like Miss State. Considered a cow college. Land Grant. In state rivals think they are better people then them in reality they are not. No longer little brother and so on.

Taog Redloh
08-16-2016, 09:46 AM
Why would I pull for them? No reason to do so. I'd love to see their baseball coach be hired on at MSU in some capacity, but that's it.

mcain31
08-16-2016, 09:47 AM
I always pull for JSU except when they play Valley and Alcorn. I've had a lot of family graduate from all 3

lamont
08-16-2016, 09:50 AM
Why would I pull for them? No reason to do so.

Tony Hughes
John Hendrick
Sleepy Robinson
Dwayne Curry

Taog Redloh
08-16-2016, 09:58 AM
Tony Hughes
John Hendrick
Sleepy Robinson
Dwayne Curry

If it wasn't for JSU, Hughes might still be at MSU.

My loyalties are to MSU, that's it. All my decisions for who/what to pull for are based on that. I don't pull against JSU, and sure it's great they are employing ex-MSU players and providing jobs, but in no way will I actively root for them.

Tbonewannabe
08-16-2016, 10:47 AM
If it wasn't for JSU, Hughes might still be at MSU.

My loyalties are to MSU, that's it. All my decisions for who/what to pull for are based on that. I don't pull against JSU, and sure it's great they are employing ex-MSU players and providing jobs, but in no way will I actively root for them.

Hughes didn't recruit Oline but T-Buck does. I think it is an upgrade.

MSUDawg99
08-16-2016, 10:58 AM
I really never had much interest but now I do. I am going to follow them pretty close. I have always semi followed Alcorn. They are a lot like Miss State. Considered a cow college. Land Grant. In state rivals think they are better people then them in reality they are not. No longer little brother and so on.

Yes I will try to keep up with their season this year. I'm def rooting for Tony Hughes & 'em.

ClangaDawg
08-16-2016, 11:11 AM
How could you not pull for Hughes? He's an MSU product getting a chance at a head coaching job. I wish him all the best and great success!

msbulldog
08-16-2016, 01:01 PM
I'd like to see Coach Hughes do good, good man.

blacklistedbully
08-16-2016, 05:10 PM
i seem to recall JSU dissing us for not paying them more than we did to come play us once.

Reason2succeed
08-16-2016, 06:32 PM
I would rather play Jackson State and Alcorn than Samford and some of these other teams. At least they bring some excitement with their bands and you would be surprised how the additional party atmosphere of a weekend with them in town can appeal to some of our recruits.

deltadawg99
08-16-2016, 08:20 PM
Coach Hughes is one of the good guys and I hope he does well at jsu. He finally got a shot at being a HC and I don't blame him one bit for taking it.

TimberBeast
08-16-2016, 09:38 PM
I would rather play Jackson State and Alcorn than Samford and some of these other teams. At least they bring some excitement with their bands and you would be surprised how the additional party atmosphere of a weekend with them in town can appeal to some of our recruits.

No thanks

dickiedawg
08-16-2016, 09:44 PM
I will 100% root for coach Hughes. Really I love seeing all the state's schools except one do well.

Political Hack
08-16-2016, 10:16 PM
Im 97% sure that by the end of this season less than 5% of this board will know their record off hand.

Todd4State
08-16-2016, 11:33 PM

I agree 100%. I like playing the in state SWAC schools for our I-AA game and I hope to see Valley if/when they offer enough scholarships to count towards bowl eligibility.

mparkerfd20
08-16-2016, 11:57 PM
No thanks

We are in complete agreement there.

Spiderman
08-17-2016, 07:58 AM
How could you not pull for Hughes? He's an MSU product getting a chance at a head coaching job. I wish him all the best and great success!

Hughes isn't a product of MSU. He was a hired gun. If he gets canned at JSU, then goes on staff at OM and starts waxing our ass on in state kids, we'll see how much State folks root for him.

Now his son Jay IS a product of MSU.

Taog Redloh
08-17-2016, 09:16 AM

I thought this would be the case too, the times we played them. In reality, it was just another lame FCS game. Don't get me wrong....we need those games. But the reasoning behind playing JSU and Alcorn is to keep money in-state, not because of some perceived 'excitement'.