PDA

View Full Version : Corners

BB30
08-16-2016, 08:27 AM
I know it has been beat to death somewhat but has anyone heard how our corner play is looking?

Reason2succeed
08-16-2016, 08:33 AM
I haven't heard anything but I am hoping that we are able to help them out with blitzes and coverages until they get acclimated. LSU will be the major test for them. If we are competent against LSU then I will feel good for the rest of the season but if Harris is able to sling it out to those receivers and pick up chunk yards it may be a LOOONNNGGG season. Overall, I think we have the talent there but they just need the experience. It's all on how we Sirmon and Buckley coaches them up.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-16-2016, 09:22 AM
Is Jamoral Graham expected to see any PT this year or is he buried on the depth chart?

Reason2succeed
08-16-2016, 10:24 AM
On the B&B show today they said they've heard reports that Cedric Jiles looks like a "new man". If we can get him and Lashard Durr as our 1s with Smitherman as a nickel DB I would be happy. Tolando does not impress me at all so I'm glad that we have new coaches that will evaluate again and not just go with who played last year. I think CJ Morgan Walker will be good for some reason but I doubt it is this year.

mic
08-16-2016, 10:29 AM
Don't be surprised if Dantzler doesn't red shirt... I hope he does needs to gain about 20 lbs. But might be too talented to keep off the field. Great find and pick up by the staff... Reminds me of Jonathan Banks.. He will be a good one before all is said and done.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-16-2016, 10:33 AM
Don't be surprised if Dantzler doesn't red shirt... I hope he does needs to gain about 20 lbs. But might be too talented to keep off the field. Great find and pick up by the staff... Reminds me of Jonathan Banks..me will be a good one before all is said and done.

I hope he can too but he's making it very hard on the coaches not to play him. Dantzler & Korey Charles are both good pickups at CB that are going to help us in the future.

RiverCityDawg
08-16-2016, 10:44 AM
Tolando does not impress me at all so I'm glad that we have new coaches that will evaluate again and not just go with who played last year.

I hear what you're saying and agree, but don't be surprised when he is a starter. Seems like he's always getting praised by T Buck, Sirmon and the other players for his leadership and work ethic.

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-16-2016, 10:48 AM
Does the experiment with Smitherman at safety mean we feel confident with the corners we have? You would think we're in good shape at safety, thus the move of him there should mean we feel we are good at corner....at least that's the way I read the tea leaves. Anyone else feel that way?

mcain31
08-16-2016, 11:11 AM
Does the experiment with Smitherman at safety mean we feel confident with the corners we have? You would think we're in good shape at safety, thus the move of him there should mean we feel we are good at corner....at least that's the way I read the tea leaves. Anyone else feel that way?

I think he is getting the honey badger treatment. They want Smitherman to make plays and force turnovers. Look at how the Arizona Cardinals use Tyrann Mathieu.

tireddawg
08-16-2016, 11:53 AM
I agree on Dantzler