PDA

View Full Version : Reliable source

Raytoraid83
08-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Nick James- still on team but done for season (academics)

Quay- one more strike and he's done

Justin Cox- possible suspension first game (fight)

DownwardDawg
08-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Shocking****

DawgInMemphis
08-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Nick James- still on team but done for season (academics)

I hope these two young men can get it together. I hate seeing young talented guys fail to meet their potential.

Coach34
08-26-2013, 03:28 PM

I have heard this as well awhile back

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Nick James- still on team but done for season (academics) - pathetic and no excuse at all

Quay- one more strike and he's done - pathetic and no excuse at all

Justin Cox- possible suspension first game (fight) - unfortunate, but sadly it happens no excuse if it happens again

Goat Holder
08-26-2013, 03:47 PM
IF, and that's a big if, this is true, then we're going to have to completely re-think recruiting. Everybody clamoring for 5 star guys, well, you got your wish, and the mfers just don't work out. MSU doesn't need to be signing guys like that up, IF in fact it's true, and it's probably about 30% true, as all rumors tend to be.

David Murray says James is eligible. And come to thin about it, why would Cox even be on the OSU 2-deep if he was suspended?

M.Fillmore
08-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Not surprised about Quay. I have posted here multiple times that he is 5 star talent with a 10 cent head.
It is a shame how some guys throw away tons of talent.

MSUDawg4Life
08-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Just sad, if true.

bocfarm
08-26-2013, 03:58 PM
The only one of those guys I've heard is suspended is James, not Cox not Quay

Redmond
Freshman (with the initials that most of you guys aren't familiar with getting very often, if at all)

TopDog58
08-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Dan should give a test to all visiting 4 and 5 star recruits. First and only question, " Are you a pre madonna". If they answer "yes". See ya. Simple!

That should weed out all these head cases. Then Dan go back to spending all his time polishing the 2 star diamonds.

BossDawg
08-26-2013, 04:03 PM

Wtf? What in the world has he been doing?

dparker
08-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Are you a pre madonna

Does this mean that they will be wearing cone bra's and doing the "vogue" after their freshman year. :)

codeDawg
08-26-2013, 04:13 PM

I hope they delay this. I would rather see a 2 game non-conference suspension. That is more of a punishment for the player than the team. We are going to need him for OSU.

Goat Holder
08-26-2013, 04:15 PM
I hope they delay this. I would rather see a 2 game non-conference suspension. That is more of a punishment for the player than the team. We are going to need him for OSU.

Horrible idea.

Todd4State
08-26-2013, 04:17 PM
IF, and that's a big if, this is true, then we're going to have to completely re-think recruiting. Everybody clamoring for 5 star guys, well, you got your wish, and the mfers just don't work out. MSU doesn't need to be signing guys like that up, IF in fact it's true, and it's probably about 30% true, as all rumors tend to be.

David Murray says James is eligible. And come to thin about it, why would Cox even be on the OSU 2-deep if he was suspended?

One thing that Alabama does- and I'm sure others, but Alabama was mentioned in the Sports Illustrated article I read- is they do evaluate a players mental aptitude, work ethic, and character. So, they are for the most part getting the guys that have the talent and the intangibles.

That's what you have to do if you are going to truly win- as in have the players actually pan out - the "recruiting war". Get 20 "true" 4-5 star players.

CadaverDawg
08-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Not to sound Baaaaaaaahhhh, but let's hold off on saying we don't need to recruit 5 star players, and using the words "million dollar talent with a 10 cent head" when referring to a sophomore with stud potential...especially when our only reliable source is Raytoraid (no offense).

deltadawg99
08-26-2013, 04:35 PM
2 things:
1. What has Quay done to get the other strikes?
2. Who did Justin Cox get in a fight with? Teammate, student, guy that drives the Budweiser car?

godlluB
08-26-2013, 04:36 PM
OSU *IS* non-conference for us, unless I missed some major announcement today.

C222
08-26-2013, 04:58 PM

James is suspended for the year. Will get a redshirt.

HancockCountyDog
08-26-2013, 05:07 PM

Im not sure I have ever heard of a player getting suspended for a year by the school.

Todd4State
08-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Im not sure I have ever heard of a player getting suspended for a year by the school.

My guess- and I'm assuming it's something academic related but I honestly don't know- is that the coaches may feel like the best way for him to stay eligible is to redshirt/sit out whatever term you want to use to get things back in order.

That could explain the seemingly conflicting rumors. He could technically be eligible with a 2.0 or whatever the minimum is but still be punished by Dan for not having his grades where they need to be.

Coach34
08-26-2013, 05:20 PM
OSU *IS* non-conference for us, unless I missed some major announcement today.

lol- I've been laughing at people saying this all day- and was waiting for someone to point it out

Coach34
08-26-2013, 05:21 PM
I've heard James is suspended for 2-3 games...and I've heard all year

Will have to see

Homedawg
08-26-2013, 05:42 PM

Yea- assuming he gets back in academic good graces. Don't hold your breath.

msstate7
08-26-2013, 05:48 PM

Glad we got Chris jones and Autry before we quit recruiting 5-stars

engie
08-26-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm still not sure I'm buying him being academically ineligible. Do you realize how difficult that is for a football player at MSU under Mullen? I'm pretty sure it's never been done...and James is far from the "dumbest" guy we've had. He'd have to go on academic probation first anyway -- at which point common sense dictates that we'd make damn sure to get his course load and classes set up in order to fix it. For this to be about grades, I believe he would've gone on academic suspension at the end of the summer -- meaning he'd no longer be a student at MSU and could not be practicing with our football team. That's how it works for normal students anyway...

If he's actually out for the year, he's done at MSU. Calling that much now. Now, if he's out for a few games, he could come back pretty strong. But 12 months is a lifetime for that guy to get in trouble with no reward whatsoever...

HancockCountyDog
08-26-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm still not sure I'm buying him being academically ineligible. Do you realize how difficult that is for a football player at MSU under Mullen? I'm pretty sure it's never been done...and James is far from the "dumbest" guy we've had. He'd have to go on academic probation first anyway -- at which point common sense dictates that we'd make damn sure to get his course load and classes set up in order to fix it. For this to be about grades, I believe he would've gone on academic suspension at the end of the summer -- meaning he'd no longer be a student at MSU and could not be practicing with our football team. That's how it works for normal students anyway...

If he's actually out for the year, he's done at MSU. Calling that much now. Now, if he's out for a few games, he could come back pretty strong. But 12 months is a lifetime for that guy to get in trouble with no reward whatsoever...

I think the dye has been cast on Nick James. I hope I'm wrong, but I have never heard one positive story about him over the last five years from coaches who have spent way yoo much time trying to help him realize the opportunity he is wasting.

Certainly not the first guy to waste his talents from around here.

PassInterference
08-26-2013, 07:23 PM
He needs to visit Dontae Walker.

Coach34
08-26-2013, 07:36 PM
He needs to visit Dontae Walker.

That's not a bad idea

Raytoraid83
08-26-2013, 07:53 PM
2 things:
1. What has Quay done to get the other strikes?
2. Who did Justin Cox get in a fight with? Teammate, student, guy that drives the Budweiser car?

Cox got into a fight in 21 apartments not sure who with. And quay isn't suspended just under a close watch.

Saltydog
08-26-2013, 07:56 PM
depth but given his "don't give a damn" attitude it's not shocking......

PassInterference
08-26-2013, 09:06 PM
This DL is quickly moving from a strength to a liability and the season hasn't even started.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-26-2013, 09:30 PM
So, Bama sorts through its 20 5 star recruits and kicks out 5 "nonconforming" players. MSU sorts through it's one 5 star recruit and kicks him out for nonconfirming attitude. Bama = 15 5 star recruits, MSU = 0. It's the old addage "beggars can't be choosey".

Jack Lambert
08-26-2013, 09:47 PM
One of the reasons you should red shirt. Extra year for that light to turn on.

engie
08-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Cox's fight is old news. I mean -- like March old. No suspension expected there. Besides, at this point, why would Mullen be running all over every press conference and interview saying that we are playing "4 or 5" cornerbacks against OK State. Without Cox, we only have 3 that are ready to go...

MarketingBully01
08-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Gotta love our fans that love to spread rumors about suspensions and possible suspensions. And then our fans just ad nauseum believing without any proof whatsoever. If Cox were suspended and the fight supposedly occurred in March, why is he listed on the two deep depth chart? Listing Quay when he is not even suspended is bad form as well. I don't think there is a group of TSUN, Alabama, or LSU fans that spead rumors about their team but MSU fans do a good job about spreading our own crap around. Just saying...

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2013, 11:24 PM
What about Virges? No one has said why he wasn't on the depth chart.

aerodawg
08-27-2013, 12:02 AM
I just think people are looking way too far into the Depth Chart. It has literally meant nothing the past 4 years. Some guy will see the suspended guys washing their cars on gameday to confirm.

MarketingBully01
08-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Yep, we are our own worst enemy. We look for bad news and wallow in it once it happens. I don't think this speculation does anyone any good. It was said today by David Murray that James is acedemically eligible. If you look on the MSU site it states the same. Nick James and Quay Evans may indeed not play on Saturday but I am not sure if it is a suspension for something they did. It might be because they still need some seasoning and Coach Turner is using this as a teachable moment. I am just glad we now have a DL coach like David Turner to mold these guys instead of a DL/DC that can't spend his full attention on an extremely important defensive position. These guys are true sophomores for goodness sakes and we are already saying they are a bust. These guys still have plenty of time for the light to come on. As I said, I think conjecture at this point does us no good.

Saltydog
08-27-2013, 08:38 AM
see how fat he's gotten, there's no way they want to go down that road.......He looks like Jaba the Hut.......On a serious note, it wouldn't be a bad idea.....I give DW for getting his life back on track and getting his degree......

BTW, reckon whatever happened to Richard Burch? Another big time recruit that never panned out.....