PDA

View Full Version : Hank Flick retiring

Pinto
08-15-2016, 10:04 PM
Just came across the twitters from reflectoronline

Dash Riprock
08-16-2016, 07:56 AM
I always liked Hank and miss his basketball game work. He gave one of the funniest speeches I have ever heard at my freshman orientation in 1980. I still quote lines from that speech; "taking showers with guys from down the hall with his and his towels hanging in their room" was my favorite.

32 Dive
08-16-2016, 09:07 AM
Dr. Flick's Speech class. Made a subject I loathed, and still loathe, enjoyable.

shrimp
08-16-2016, 10:12 AM
His "Interviewing" class was the best. Probably the most practical class I took at State.

Just came across the twitters from reflectoronline

Steakonastick
08-16-2016, 10:20 AM
Took interviewing with him one summer. The only 8 o'clock class I never missed and actually looked forward to going too. Wish they would have let him keep being the pa for basketball.

Pinto
08-16-2016, 10:23 AM
Talking about classes brought up an old memory. Dating myself here, but anyone else remember getting the big paper with all the courses listed and then calling in at midnight to try and get the ones you want. I thought it was so great when they finally gave everyone time slots to call and register. You youngsters will never know our struggles.

MSUDawg99
08-16-2016, 10:51 AM
Talking about classes brought up an old memory. Dating myself here, but anyone else remember getting the big paper with all the courses listed and then calling in at midnight to try and get the ones you want. I thought it was so great when they finally gave everyone time slots to call and register. You youngsters will never know our struggles.

I remember getting that paper & calling to get my classes, but I don't consider myself old. 40 is the new 30. Haha.

msbulldog
08-16-2016, 12:31 PM
Hank Flick, Sid Hill and Mark Hixon used to make the communications department the greatest. I know a lot of you don't remember these guys, but they had great classes, a lot of fun!