PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Thomas

msstate7
08-15-2016, 12:01 PM
What do we expect from him this season? I've heard he moves really well for his size. Is his strength in blocking or receiving? Really hope he's a strong blocker considering his size

bulldawg28
08-15-2016, 08:26 PM
He's a walking mismatch and guaranteed first down and touchdown maker. He's perfect for chip blocking and abusing Lb's and safeties. I expect more teams to attempt to copy this move of bigger TE's Mullen has implemented.

Harrydawg
08-15-2016, 08:29 PM
I really, really think this guy is a sleeper.......monster with crazy athleticism

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2016, 08:32 PM
I keep hearing this guy's name, but I don't know much about him. I don't even remember us recruiting him.

msstate7
08-15-2016, 08:35 PM
I keep hearing this guy's name, but I don't know much about him. I don't even remember us recruiting him.

6'5" 295 te from east central comm college

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2016, 08:38 PM
6'5" 295 te from east central comm college

Wow, that's huge.

What are the odds that Hev screws up his OL recruiting so bad that this guy is our LT in two years?

msstate7
08-15-2016, 08:41 PM
Wow, that's huge.

What are the odds that Hev screws up his OL recruiting so bad that this guy is our LT in two years?

From what I've heard, he's gonna be a stud te

Reason2succeed
08-15-2016, 08:42 PM
I thought I heard someone say on BSR that it was a matter of how fast and well he learns the playbook. They felt that if he didn't catch on quickly he could be redshirted so that we wouldn't squander his eligibility like with Hutcherson. By the time Hutcherson knew what was going on he had already used all his eligibility.

archdog
08-15-2016, 08:43 PM
Wow, that's huge.

Pretty good, but I hear TBuck is now taking the OL recruiting over personally so I am sure we will have a LT in a few years worth something.

lamont
08-15-2016, 08:48 PM
people are raving about this guy.

And yes- T-Buck has called certain coaches out on recruiting OL talent. He pulled our best recruit in this last class while only on the job for 1 month.

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2016, 08:50 PM
people are raving about this guy.

And yes- T-Buck has called certain coaches out on recruiting OL talent. He pulled our best recruit in this last class while only on the job for 1 month.

Goodness gracious. I'm starting to worry that T Buck's back will get sore soon.

It's a damn wonder we've won so much over the past 5 years. T Buck must be shaking his head

lamont
08-15-2016, 09:06 PM
Goodness gracious. I'm starting to worry that T Buck's back will get sore soon.

It's a damn wonder we've won so much over the past 5 years. T Buck must be shaking his head

Sirmon and T-Buck have made some changes to how things are done since coming on board. Much needed infusion of energy and ideas

Pollodawg
08-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Will he be our Hunter Henry? That guy was lethal.

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2016, 09:09 PM
Sirmon and T-Buck have made some changes to how things are done since coming on board. Much needed infusion of energy and ideas

I wonder if T Buck & Sirmon's first ideas were, "Let's just do what Ole Miss is doing." and then Mullen had to break it down for them.

Harrydawg
08-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Yes, and you can add Peters (Brad) to the coaches who have spoken up about some recruiting changes......which is a primary job of his. Things are lining up extremely well and I have to say.....hats off to Mullen for letting these coaches speak up and execute (do there jobs).

starkvegasdawg
08-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Will he be our Hunter Henry? That guy was lethal.
I think we could have put all 11 guys on him and he still would have gotten open. Us trying to cover him was like playing Marco Polo in the swimming pool.

starkvegasdawg
08-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Yes, and you can add Peters (Brad) to the coaches who have spoken up about some recruiting changes......which is a primary job of his. Things are lining up extremely well and I have to say.....hats off to Mullen for letting these coaches speak up and execute (do there jobs).

Any chance this pisses Hev off enough to leave?

Pollodawg
08-15-2016, 09:23 PM
I think we could have put all 11 guys on him and he still would have gotten open. Us trying to cover him was like playing Marco Polo in the swimming pool.

Two years in a row. How are you that big, that fast, and still have hands that can cradle a baby dove falling out of the sky. That's crazy.

mic
08-15-2016, 09:58 PM

i would like to see what Hev could do with a very talented OL...

Corn Bread
08-15-2016, 10:42 PM

A good start is that he could not be a egotistical ass hole.

mic
08-15-2016, 11:07 PM
A good start is that he could not be a egotistical ass hole.

Don't get me wrong I wish he was long gone, but I have been told that coaches and players outside of MSU that have worked with or played under him said he was a damn good coach...

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2016, 11:09 PM
Don't get me wrong I wish he was long gone, but I have been told that coaches and players outside of MSU that have worked with or played under him said he was a damn good coach...

He is a good coach, but, like Mullen, he's a tweener. Meaning he's somewhere between an NFL coach & college coach. Mullen & Hev are NFL caliber coaches that run a college offense & therefore can't coach in the NFL. Therefore, they are stuck in college football where they struggle to recruit well enough to be elite. They are tweeners.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-15-2016, 11:46 PM
I'm hoping he's more of a Kendell Watkins type, giving us a devastating 6th blocker on the line but also can be a offensive weapon with his hands.

CadaverDawg
08-16-2016, 01:08 AM

Not recruit it.*

FISHDAWG
08-16-2016, 07:54 AM
He is a good coach, but, like Mullen, he's a tweener. Meaning he's somewhere between an NFL coach & college coach. Mullen & Hev are NFL caliber coaches that run a college offense & therefore can't coach in the NFL. Therefore, they are stuck in college football where they struggle to recruit well enough to be elite. They are tweeners.

Shirley you can't be serious .... Mullen is no where near an NFL guy and he is a pretty good college coach - hell, he proved that right here .... Hev may not be much on recruiting but I'm pretty sure he's good at his coaching ... you're just too negative when the sun isn't shining .... I just wonder how many OL recruits in the past have seen you bashing their potential position coach here

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2016, 08:11 AM
Shirley you can't be serious .... Mullen is no where near an NFL guy and he is a pretty good college coach - hell, he proved that right here .... Hev may not be much on recruiting but I'm pretty sure he's good at his coaching ... you're just too negative when the sun isn't shining .... I just wonder how many OL recruits in the past have seen you bashing their potential position coach here

1. Disagree. I think Mullen does have some NFL qualities in how he runs a team. He's a solid program builder and developer of talent.

2. Why would a recruit care about Hev's recruiting ability over his coaching ability and why would a recruit care at all what I say on this board? Me saying Hev could be an NFL caliber OL coach is huge praise. Not sure where the negativity is. Are you saying he's a good recruiter?

Johnson85
08-16-2016, 08:19 AM

I think it's pretty clear that he's a good coach as far as developing an O-line. Last year was the first year we have really looked like the line didn't live up to its potential. Every other year, we've been better than you would have thought looking at the talent. If he can just not hurt us in recruiting, he could be a good coach for us.

louisvilledawg
08-16-2016, 08:39 AM
So will Jordan Thomas be our starting tight end? or is it still going to be Justin Johnson?

Reason2succeed
08-16-2016, 08:41 AM
(It's amazing how every thread no matter what it starts off as seems to end in bashing Hev and how bad the OL is. HAHAHAHA!)

I think the biggest issue with Hev isn't how bad he recruits but that he hasn't been able to get enough of his guys drafted. If Hev was turning two and three star players into 1st through 3rd round draft picks I don't think anyone would be complaining about it.

And yes, I realize our OL was atrocious last year but that happens from time to time. He got caught without a viable option at LT.

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2016, 09:00 AM
I've always thought Jordan was going to redshirt and then compete for OT spot in 2017.

mic
08-16-2016, 09:10 AM
Not recruit it.*

Yeah it's a shame Hev makes what he does and only has to do half the work the other coaches are doing..

lamont
08-16-2016, 09:21 AM
I think the biggest issue with Hev isn't how bad he recruits but that he hasn't been able to get enough of his guys drafted.it

Enough??? Not one John Hevesy recruited OL player has been drafted. Not one. That's worst in the SEC and downright abysmal

Todd4State
08-16-2016, 09:25 AM

Considering he doesn't like to recruit anyway I would say no.

HoopsDawg
08-16-2016, 10:29 AM
So will Jordan Thomas be our starting tight end? or is it still going to be Justin Johnson?

Johnson. Green may be the backup.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Johnson. Green may be the backup.

Farrod has definitely gained some muscle & looks like a SEC TE. I think he's going to have a Brandon Hill type career. Never a star but a very reliable player who blocks well & makes the catches when his # is called.

StatesboroBlues
08-16-2016, 10:38 AM

I believe he has gotten everything out of what he has had for sure. Which is why I believe he has improved as a coach...at UF he was getting demoted pretty much every year.

FISHDAWG
08-16-2016, 12:17 PM
1. Disagree. I think Mullen does have some NFL qualities in how he runs a team. He's a solid program builder and developer of talent.

2. Why would a recruit care about Hev's recruiting ability over his coaching ability and why would a recruit care at all what I say on this board? Me saying Hev could be an NFL caliber OL coach is huge praise. Not sure where the negativity is. Are you saying he's a good recruiter?

nope - not saying that at all. I'm saying you (along with others) constantly bash Hev and a potential OL recruit could very well see for themselves how their position coach is viewed ... it's just not good for business